sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
Re: Redundancy National Park

I want I want !

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:I disagree with that. It is surely on theme, although so are many many other shirts this week. TGentry took the second part of the derby prompt and not the first. Great skills. I hate this derby though -- much like I've hated the derbies lately -- so no buy/vote.

I'm not really clear by what you mean about taking the second part of the derby prompt and not the first? Can you clarify?

Blackfox19765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackfox19765
CrescentDebris wrote:
BUT if the rule means that there can't be an empty unlabeled arcade cabinet in the background or original fictional characters can't even play games "allegedly" even though its not on a specific device and refers to no "videogame", well then prove he's not watching a movie.

But it's a sandwich! He's all depressed because it's PB&J... again...

sparkerjc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sparkerjc
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

Would get my vote if there wasn't text... great otherwise.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Carlsbad Caverns - Bat Caves!

Carlsbad Caverns is a National Park - http://www.carlsbad.caverns.national-park.com/

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: leaving so soon?

The perfect shirt to tell someone you loved them.

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
amscray wrote:Honestly I don't own a single Woot shirt that doesn't make people stare at my chest. If I thought "someone might look at my hooters" every time I picked up a shirt, I'd never buy any-especially from Woot.

Just as a point of clarification, for me the issue is not "Someone might look at my boobies." Its more about the design being distorted enough to lose the impact of the graphics. I wear my tees fitted and I sport a full D cup - a lot of that illustration is going to end up curving around my boobs. I don't like constantly tugging my shirt down just so the whole design can be seen. Still, most designs work; this one wouldn't.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: Image.nation Park

I really really like what's there, but I wish there was more in the background. Trees, grass, wildlife.... As it is the word park doesn't match with the one lone tree and feels awkward.

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
Re: Giant Sequoia

This is beautiful. Hope to see it printed!

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
Re: The Caves: They are Mammoth

This type of design is exactly what I had in mind when I saw this derby theme! Love it!

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
tgentry wrote:Hence the added details specific to the park. (and note I said occurring naturally). Sorry Joe, again, this could only be at Sequoia National Park. Like you I searched for info on the Sequoia and I found out that they have been planted elsewhere. But A) this is a forest of them, and B) these are specific trees found in that park. It's not thin at all, in fact it's one of the most specific references to a park in the entire derby. While I think there's a lot of entries that have absolutely zilch to do with National Parks, this is not one of them.

I have to agree with you. I was certainly wrong about it- I shamefacedly concede the point and will add an edit to my comment in a minute. I must confess that I didn't look anything up- I read a story long ago about the importation of sequoias to London, and the difficulty they had in keeping them alive at first- I think they ended up building charcoal ovens that they buried underground below the trees so that they could keep the ground warm enough in the winter. This would have been at that big Conservatory- must have been while Queen Victoria was alive. It might have even been fiction, now that I think about it.

QuinnLynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuinnLynn
Re: Bob Ross National Park

Thanks for the comments, I hope this passes.

semirose

quality posts: 2 Private Messages semirose
Re: Joshua Tree Sunset

Oh that's a lovely shirt. Joshua Trees are just so cool. I need to go back to the national part sometime.

semirose

quality posts: 2 Private Messages semirose
Re: Old Faithful

I just can't help but wonder how it breathes. Poor whale.

Nyx18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nyx18
Re: The Last Park

i really hope this makes it to the fog. i like it alot. i think i like it better that it can also refer to urbanization... i want.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
PerpetualKid wrote:Just as a point of clarification, for me the issue is not "Someone might look at my boobies." Its more about the design being distorted enough to lose the impact of the graphics. I wear my tees fitted and I sport a full D cup - a lot of that illustration is going to end up curving around my boobs. I don't like constantly tugging my shirt down just so the whole design can be seen. Still, most designs work; this one wouldn't.

I'm not trying to hide my assets, and it would be difficult to do in a tee shirt considering that they're three-dimensional objects. Having some or all of a design on the chest area isn't a problem for me at all. But on the other hand, I don't need to shine two spotlights on them to get them noticed. When there are two distinct objects sitting right there, that's pretty much what you've got. I think it just looks silly.

This design might have been okay, but it's hard to say without seeing it printed on a women's shirt.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
skirochester wrote:

since I'm out, please vote for jewelwing's "Thanks Dad". I want that shirt!

Thanks so much for the support Ski, you rock. Sorry to see about your design tho. Strange that they didn't give you a reason too.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
billratio wrote:i wish the sign was a little bigger. i'd buy one.

It would be bigger when printed on a t-shirt... so... there's that...

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka

Just resubmit it with "Full of Happy Trees" (unless that phrase has been copyrighted, of course).

jellyrolly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jellyrolly

This is so great. GMV for sure, and hopefully you'll get some of my $ too.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

Props to woot for the deserved rejection. Ramy, I'm sorry your idea was one that's been done before--hope you can come up with something else that equals the artistry of this one (it's leaps and bounds above what you've been submitting lately).

dmyton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmyton

Love Bob Ross, ut the art in the background doesn't really look like Bob Ross's work, unless simply being a picture of a landscape makes it Bob Ross.

novembersfyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novembersfyre
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

Love, love, love!

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
Jestik wrote:WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!!!

?? That's a new one...

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Dirtybottom Park

rejected!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

aww. so sad I wanted this.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Josephus wrote:I have to agree with you. I was certainly wrong about it- I shamefacedly concede the point and will add an edit to my comment in a minute. I must confess that I didn't look anything up- I read a story long ago about the importation of sequoias to London, and the difficulty they had in keeping them alive at first- I think they ended up building charcoal ovens that they buried underground below the trees so that they could keep the ground warm enough in the winter. This would have been at that big Conservatory- must have been while Queen Victoria was alive. It might have even been fiction, now that I think about it.

Fiction or not, that's a really cool idea/visual.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
powerslaveintime wrote:Ah thanks! I was trying to remember where I first heard the joke and couldn't. That makes sense, though, because I loved delirious and raw when I was a kid.

Oh, good... Someone else was allowed to watch Murphy's standup as a kid! I thought I was the only one (with parents that didn't give a scaffolding).

My favorite was the farting in the bathtub bit.

Misskari

Woot fears Drew Carey.

Misskari

Re: Ah, a BEAR!

Aww, the bunny is frozen in fear!

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: Our Newest Park!

I love the how you did "MOON".. but it might just be me and my dirty mind but I can't unsee the um... male disco stick at the bottom...

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

Is it wrong for me to be happy about ramyb being rejected?

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

CoconutKoala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CoconutKoala

Can't run this sort of thing? Bloody hell. Hypocritical is what it is. Better luck on the next derby--be certain to find a topic that can't be tied to anything of which anyone might be a fan.

jazmyne979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmyne979
Re: Where Demons Are Many

Rejected because it's fanart... Intriguing. #'s 1, 3, 11, 12, and 20 on the reckoning totally aren't fanart. Better luck next week I suppose.

jazmyne979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmyne979
CoconutKoala wrote:Can't run this sort of thing? Bloody hell. Hypocritical is what it is. Better luck on the next derby--be certain to find a topic that can't be tied to anything of which anyone might be a fan.

Totally. heheh. #'s 1, 3, 11, 12, and 20 on the reckoning totally aren't fanart. Better luck next week I suppose.

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon

Rejected? These derbies just get lamer and lamer each week.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
orzine wrote:that show and the host are just too popular for their own good

Impossible.

The animated gif is a dirty trick by the way. im doing them from now on lest woot bans them.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

Ungh. Annoying rejection. Was my favorite shirt this derby.

crazacool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazacool
Re: Giant Sequoia

Everyone do me a favor and vote this up so I can buy it. Thanks.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Horny Beaver National Park

I believe those are antlers -- not horns.