Tursiops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tursiops
Re: Hades National Park

Love it. I hope this one gets printed.

I have some of these old real National Park posters, and you did a great homage!

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
Re: Those dumb kids never listen

Smokey is the National Forest Service not the National Park Service! (a minor quibble I know but it seems most people aren't even aware that there is a difference between the two organizations)

QuinnLynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuinnLynn
Re: Bob Ross National Park

OK I have submitted another version without the name. Thanks for all the feedback folks, this is only my 4th derby so I really appreciate it.

slvrwhispr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slvrwhispr
Re: Bob Ross Resub - The Secret Forest

The concept is great, very cheeky, and I grew up loving Bob Ross and his happy little trees. However, the font doesn't feel like it fits, and the art... needs to look more like Bob Ross' style for the shirt to really work. But you've got a great idea here!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Campfire Tales

I really like this one, especially the great use of a limited color palette. Also love your work on Threadless!

QuinnLynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuinnLynn
Re: Bob Ross Resub - The Secret Forest

So here is my resub, thanks again for the feedback on the original shirt. I realize the text is kind of small in the comp - the line under the image reads "There are no mistakes...only happy accidents".

linkszelda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkszelda
Re: See America By Road Trip...

1. what exactly do the images represent? i understand a few of them, but....the other ones...a road under a tree? a heron/crane? a lighthouse?

2. are they in the right states? i dont know my geography or national landmarks or anything, but i feel like at least some of them are a little off?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Gummistone Park

Clever idea and execution CD!

ShayanThePersian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShayanThePersian
Krygore wrote:implying LotR is a video game reference.

Sorry artist, this design was awesome pre-rejection, now it just doesn't feel right at all.

LoTR is a book reference. All the LoTR video games are Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) and shouldn't exist.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

While I can't say I'm not disappointed with the rejection, I can definitely see where woot was coming from here and it's just an unfortunate circumstance. I really want to thank everyone who enjoyed and supported this design, and I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet. I'm in the process of reworking and restructuring it in a way that I can still convey the same idea without it being so similar in aesthetics. I'm going to continue working on it tomorrow and hopefully have something to show sometime in the afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll be successful in my attempt, but I hope you guys can let me know what you think when the time comes

TikiWahine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiWahine
zekecatz wrote:I believe those are antlers -- not horns.

Yes, but antler-y beaver just doesn't have the same ring to it!

This is the beaver version of a jackalope.

kschlege

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kschlege

I'd buy it ... hope it makes it

heylease

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heylease
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

What a beautiful design! I was instantly drawn to the colors...and the light streaming down is perfect! Great job CM! : )

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: Redundancy National Park

Did you get this idea from this picture?

I hope it doesn't get rejected...

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: Redundancy National Park

Did you get this idea from this picture?

I hope it doesn't get rejected...

kmatherly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmatherly
Re: Guadalupe

This is very prietty. Do you hand draw each stitch or is there a trick to it?

|
|

kmatherly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmatherly
Re: Guadalupe

This is very prietty. Do you hand draw each stitch or is there a trick to it?

|
|

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

People really love things coming out of ink bottles.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Damnit

I like it alot, and i like heather. idk why people have a problem with it but then again i have no idea what woot likes.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Horny Beaver National Park

This is really funny...but it's tricky because I can't see most people being comfortable wearing it. A girl would feel sort of icky, and a guy can't really wear it because..well...he's not a girl. It's really funny tho, I like the simplicity.

fishcake56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishcake56
Draug wrote:Is it wrong for me to be happy about ramyb being rejected?

Wrong? No.

Petty? Maybe.

TikiWahine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiWahine
bassanimation wrote:This is really funny...but it's tricky because I can't see most people being comfortable wearing it. A girl would feel sort of icky, and a guy can't really wear it because..well...he's not a girl. It's really funny tho, I like the simplicity.

Because it's a beaver? I get what you're saying!

We used to have beavers alll over our provincial park signs.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
Re: Luna Park

futurama calls their park on the moon luna park as well, so maybe you'll get some nerd votes!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jellyrolly wrote:This is so great. GMV for sure, and hopefully you'll get some of my $ too.

Awww, bless you sir/madame. I dearly appreciate your support!

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Fresh landscape

Heheh, this is really well done! Good job!

imsochady

Re: Bagel Bear National Park (V.2)

Whoa! These bears are all over the place!

imsochady

Re: National Park of Wahoo!

I use Wahoo to search for stuff on the internets . Neat idea!

imsochady

Re: It's Educational

Can I bring my own partner? Or do I have to do it with frogs? Heheh, cool concept!

imsochady

Re: Old Faithful

What does he eat down there? Heheh, trippy style!

anewleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anewleaf
Re: MOGWAI NATIONAL PARK

Feeding the animals can be bad... really really bad.. no matter how cute and cuddly they look...

..... yeah .....

imsochady

jewelwing wrote:
I'm not going to say any more about the other one tho, because then I'll get into bashing someone else's work...

*gasp* Jewelwing bashing other people's work?!? 0MG! What has the world come to? Hahah . Cool idea. It, too, reminds me Wall-E.

imsochady

Re: Wildlife in Nepal

This reminds me of the zoo. I think I'll go there maybe sometime this year to take pics of animals as references. Sweet design!

stevenneo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenneo
Re: Campfire Tales

love the humor on this tee ^^ u got my vote!

hope it eventually gets printed next week.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

This is really funny...I had to click it! I'll wear it to work (under my scrub top) if it wins cuz I am always saying "it's like the planet of the apes around here!" Damnit it all to hell!

euphoricxtragedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages euphoricxtragedy

There is Joshua Tree National Park but this is showing just one Joshua tree. They've always appeared like they are in torment. I think it's incredibly fitting when you see them when you're on the way to let's say.. Twentynine Palms for example.

This is an awesome print. I hope it gets more votes!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Hades National Park

Really nicely done. Not sure if the icon completely does it justice - only reason I can think of as to why this doesn't have more votes than it does.

mamastowe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamastowe
Re: See America By Road Trip...

Very nice.

Kudos to you for making me break out the trusty Atlas. I knew every one except Big Bend in TX. All are in their proper place.

(That's an egret in the FL Everglades, isn't it?)

euphoricxtragedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages euphoricxtragedy

Love the idea, but blue??? Ahhhh!!!

mamastowe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamastowe
Re: New Beginning

Like it. GMV

rtdn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtdn
Re: Autumn Mist Tours

I spent part of my childhood growing up in upstate California, in Trinity National Forest, and when I think of national parks I also think of conservancy groups like Defenders of Wildlife and the Sierra Club, and their neat block-print styled logos. I was trying to do something similar here, and I think the result is a little more book cover than t-shirt but oh well.

Funfact about this illustration: the reference photos I used for this illustration were taken at Point Lobos in California's Big Sur, on a hiking trip that ended with me proposing to my wife. :D