mamastowe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamastowe
Re: Unsung Heros

Hellz yes! My cousin used to be a park ranger. Dedicated bunch.

rtdn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtdn

also:

amishjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amishjedi

Simply an awesome design coupled with awesome colors...

Copo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
Josephus wrote:I have to agree with you. I was certainly wrong about it- I shamefacedly concede the point and will add an edit to my comment in a minute. I must confess that I didn't look anything up- I read a story long ago about the importation of sequoias to London, and the difficulty they had in keeping them alive at first- I think they ended up building charcoal ovens that they buried underground below the trees so that they could keep the ground warm enough in the winter. This would have been at that big Conservatory- must have been while Queen Victoria was alive. It might have even been fiction, now that I think about it.

This is what I found:
attempts to plant the tree in europe have been less successful because of climate challenges.
"Forsøk på å plante treet i Europa har vært lite vellykket på grunn av klimautfordringer."

greatidentity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greatidentity
Misskari wrote:Very nice... Love the deep sense of space.

Awesome!!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
ramyb wrote:While I can't say I'm not disappointed with the rejection, I can definitely see where woot was coming from here and it's just an unfortunate circumstance. I really want to thank everyone who enjoyed and supported this design, and I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet. I'm in the process of reworking and restructuring it in a way that I can still convey the same idea without it being so similar in aesthetics. I'm going to continue working on it tomorrow and hopefully have something to show sometime in the afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll be successful in my attempt, but I hope you guys can let me know what you think when the time comes

I'm just wondering why, if your a "designer of shirts" that can get rejected for being similar to someone doing before, you didn't spend 5 minutes googling your design to see? Is the money starting to make you delirious?

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
Re: Autumn Mist Tours

...aahhh, Puff...I miss you...

Zafou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zafou
Re: Image.nation Park

Probably the only shirt I would wear in this derby. I think it's better with no background because it brings something different from the competitors' shirts. The ink bottle is great.

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose
ramyb wrote:While I can't say I'm not disappointed with the rejection, I can definitely see where woot was coming from here and it's just an unfortunate circumstance. I really want to thank everyone who enjoyed and supported this design, and I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet. I'm in the process of reworking and restructuring it in a way that I can still convey the same idea without it being so similar in aesthetics. I'm going to continue working on it tomorrow and hopefully have something to show sometime in the afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll be successful in my attempt, but I hope you guys can let me know what you think when the time comes

you should make it into a heart instead. then it would for sure be original.

NYC!

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
genericsmith wrote:Sorry 'bout that. The front one looked very fox-ish to me, I just didn't verbalize it. The one slightly to the rear struck me as kind of polar bear shaped.

My bad

haha that's what i get for doing my drawing while bouncing my baby - just as well i didn't try handwriting text then we would have seen trouble! its all good

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
thezukes wrote:Great message... but it appears to have already been made into a shirt. Copyright issues?

i know doesn't my moc-up look profesh? truth is i'm one step off being able to turn the computer on un-aided so kudos to my little brother for the moc-up and for getting up at 3am to post it for me! uhhh that's the life.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
durwoody wrote:Love the reference to Edgar Allan Poe, just think the dark brown shirt is a little too dark to make this design really pop. Love the creativity though.

Do a lot of other people feel this way about the color?

If it'd help with votes I could probably do some color changing today.

I'm pretty disappointed with the amount of votes this shirt is getting so I'd like some feedback of what I could do different. Especially if it's just colors or something.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Redundancy National Park

Thanks everyone! I was out of town for the past two days driving to Vermont and back (I actually pulled over when I was on the road and sumbitted the design outside a Subway), and it was nice to get back and read all the comments. I was really happy with this design and it's always especially nice to read quality comments from quality people when it's a design I'm really proud of.

Three things:

You don't have to be an American to get the design, you just have to know what "redundant" means (this actually makes it less likely that an American will get the design). ;)

the animals aren't bears. They're either strange deer or weird creatures that aren't anything.

this is actually a live trace of the dog photo. How did you find it??? I went to google images page 17! I thought no one would figure it out!

grasshopperjonez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages grasshopperjonez
Re: bear back national park

Saw the sketch on one of the postings and knew I had to have it.. If I could vote twice for it I would! Hope you win so I can have this shirt in my collection!!

Your friendly neighborhood GrassHopper

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: bear back national park

Hahaha! one of the best! and great style, GMV!

walmazan

Re: Our Newest Park!

Excellent execution, I love the color!

walmazan

Re: MOGWAI NATIONAL PARK

Great and funny idea! love it!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

My love for the band puts this over the top for me.

stingray69

Re: Bagel Bear National Park (V.2)

You know, I sometimes put pineapple on my bagels...

stingray69

Re: Les Mielles

This kind of has a children's book feel to it. I like it.

stingray69

Re: Who done it?

Now this is some high brow humor.

grasshopperjonez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages grasshopperjonez
graffd02 wrote:I shot a 10 Point Buck and Got a Doe and a Pair of real Bunny Slippers For FREE!

ASK ME HOW!

ok. I'll bite, How did you get a pair of "real" bunny slippers for free?

Your friendly neighborhood GrassHopper

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Campfire Tales

I love your style.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
rtdn wrote:. . . I think the result is a little more book cover than t-shirt but oh well.

Maybe so, but I love the art style. GMV.

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
Re: Squirrel of Zion

Delicate arch, which you're riffing on, is in Arches National Park, not Zion.

DivineAna

MadamAtom wrote:Maybe so, but I love the art style. GMV.

Yeah, I'm not always into boxy designs, but this one works.

DivineAna

Re: Seredipity National Park

You should've included snowmobiles. Them and their 2-cycle engines are the reason the air quality is worse in Yellowstone in the winter, even though there's a fraction of the tourists there that come in the summer.

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
graffd02 wrote:"But do not use the names of any actual National Parks, landmarks like Old Faithful, or the U.S. National Park Service."

ITS IN THE RULES READ THEM CLOSER

good lord people

I didn't use the names... only PICTURES

Your attitude is terrible. I simply put it as a question for your explanation. No vote for you simply for your poor attitude.

Learn to be civil.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
Re: Respect the forrests, dont pee on the trees...

Run, Forrest, run!

(you misspelled forest) ;)

Pretending to be human since 1913

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Close Encounters Of The Spud Kind...

And this really isn't a National Park theme. Ripping off a movie and putting Mr. Potato head in it and saying that he is making an image of something in a National Park just doesn't cut it imo.

That and your attitude is terrible.

Did I mention I think you have a poor attitude?

anewleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anewleaf
euphoricxtragedy wrote:Love the idea, but blue??? Ahhhh!!!

What color do you want?

..... yeah .....

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor

Awesome, just wish the design was bigger on the shirt. GMV

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: Mt. Robot National Park

Too cool, but rejected

millylenora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millylenora
zenith1047 wrote:Run, Forrest, run!

(you misspelled forest) ;)

My forests name is FORREST ;D

Yeah, I know it was 3 in the morning, RIGHT after I had finished EVERYTHING I noticed... was hoping all these misspelling designers would not notice ;D hehehe!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

fantastic. GMV!

drock777

quality posts: 5 Private Messages drock777

OHHH man best shirt in awhile I really hope this one gets made!

ironfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironfresh
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

As a lover and collector of original shirts, this site was a recent and welcome addition to my internet rounds. That is until I made the mistake of looking at the forum posts where it seems that a lot of folk have nothing better to do than resort to petty bickering and sniping at each other. The perverse pleasure some of you take at seeing someone taken down a peg is depressing and childish. While I will continue to enjoy the efforts of the site, I will be steering well clear of the forums associated with each shirt in the future.

Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd

LOVE it!! Intricate but not in your face, and one of my favorite songs....very nicely done!! GMV, and glad your wife said yes! lol

SydsKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydsKid
Re: Redundancy National Park

Ohhh! Ah loves loves it! And remember what I said because I never repeat myself myself.

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
jerroul wrote:Nice! I love your use of color!

Thanks!

kmatherly wrote:This is very prietty. Do you hand draw each stitch or is there a trick to it?

Thank you! I hand-draw everything, mainly because I can't use Photoshop/Illustrator as well as some of the other designers. :x