IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
ramyb wrote:I'm in the process of reworking and restructuring it in a way that I can still convey the same idea without it being so similar in aesthetics. I'm going to continue working on it tomorrow and hopefully have something to show sometime in the afternoon.

Good luck to you--hope you come up with something good.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

capedcrusader514 wrote:People really love things coming out of ink bottles.

Indeed. Never thought I'd see it in a derby about "National Parks". I like the color choices though.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

Wowee!!!! Excellent work- the lighting is exquisite.

Hutif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Clothing Optional

Very nice. GMV

dxsmachina

quality posts: 134 Private Messages dxsmachina
Re: Floating Rock National Park

ugh, hold up gonna fix something.... entry now here: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35952

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
endangeredomega wrote:I'm not sure 'cute' is the word I'd use here. Melancholy, perhaps?

Melancholy and cute? :3 lol

mikan36

ooh, I like this. It's very pretty.. I think it's one of those shirts that would definitely look better in print. GMV.

mikan36

mikan36 wrote:ooh, I like this. It's very pretty.. I think it's one of those shirts that would definitely look better in print. GMV.

Your shirt is not accepting my vote T^T

nightsiren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightsiren

aew.. i really wanted one of these

dxsmachina

mikan36 wrote:Your shirt is not accepting my vote T^T

Sorry, sorry, I'm fixing something on the file reaaaally quick. So, I'm resubbing. Thanks so much for the interest. =D

dxsmachina

Floating Rock National Park is known for it's majestic views and erratic paths that twist and turn and some times move. It is strongly suggested that hikers stay on designated paths and hiking trails.

powerslaveintime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerslaveintime
Leahbh wrote:rejected!

why would this be rejected? it follows the theme, the 6 color rule, and the allowance of relevant text. you think the poop is grounds for rejection? it shouldn't be, 'cause everybody poops!

powerslaveintime

this is definitely my fav of the week

powerslaveintime

Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

my second fav of the week. GMV.

Lurntospel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lurntospel

Really loving the design!
But I can't see myself wearing that color shirt :[

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
JesseBYAH wrote:Cute!!! I love the way it turned out, and the kelly green was a great choice. Looks like your other version is getting more attention, but this one is more on-theme. I like them both, my favorite is still the bear with the mouth full of bagel Good luck, hopefully you'll get more feedback on both of them!

Glad you love it JesseByah! Looks like this one is now doing better than the other, so good to see! Ah, I was wondering which bear people liked best

stingray69 wrote:You know, I sometimes put pineapple on my bagels...

hehe=)

imsochady wrote:Whoa! These bears are all over the place!

I know... I got a few suggestions to bring them into this derby

Vote!

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
Re: The Last Park

This is so depressingly adorable. Love your shirts, jewelwing. GMV!

dxsmachina

cmdixon2 wrote:Here's my entry for this week. Some of the most beautiful national parks are subterranean. They can also be incredibly creepy. I hope you like it!

Enlarge

Thanks for posting a larger version so I could see the halftones on the shirt. I really wish you had done it without the half tone. =/

jasneko

@snarkygal - yup... "Show us a stunning, shirt-worthy image from a national park"

Which is what I did. It's based off a real national park.

The name of the park isn't on the shirt though.

Vote!

spazmojack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazmojack

mixin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixin
Re: Redundancy National Park

I love the fact that it says "bears" when it shows deer-things. I was terribly confused when I first saw it, but then I couldn't help but giggle.

I like things that cause uncontrollable giggling. GMV!!

HollidayStudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HollidayStudios
SirGecko wrote:Smokey is the National Forest Service not the National Park Service! (a minor quibble I know but it seems most people aren't even aware that there is a difference between the two organizations)

I certainly didn't know thanks for updating me :D

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air (Resub)

I tried reworking the design in a lot of different ways, and ultimately this was my favorite outcome. I didn't want to abandon the concept entirely, but I wanted to add a bit more subtlety, in addition to addressing some of the concerns people had in terms of wearability. I wanted to take the idea and change the execution to make it different, and hopefully it is changed enough. This way, I think it can stand alone as a shirt without the lungs, but at the same time might make someone do a double-take when they look at the shirt.

Hope you enjoy the changes, and thanks again for all the support.

Click here for larger version

leonAzul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leonAzul
Re: Bearscout

Kudos. GMV. It's refreshing to see a design that's good-naturedly whimsical without being cutesy, has a sense of humor without resorting to poop jokes, and is 'clean' without being utterly childish.

Best of luck with the voting.

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty

This shirt is beeeeutiful.

leonAzul

Re: Joshua Tree Sunset

An excellent design that drifts a bit off-topic trumps a relevant poop joke every time, IMHO.

GMV.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

I'm kinda unimpressed with the changes but it will definitely surge to the front. Of course there will be haters and groupies followed by some long ass discussion about why you suck but this will probably fog so congrats, i guess.

MegatonPunch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MegatonPunch

Wow, very nicely done. +1

leonAzul

Steeped in awesome. GMV.

jasneko

Manvyi wrote:Happy animals. Happy shirt. Happy shirt-wearers!

Such a happy Manvyi! Thanks=)

zekecatz wrote:Nice use of color.

Thanks zekecatz! Normally I'm wishing I had more colors, but in this I actually used 5 and thought it was more effective.

mikan36 wrote:Aw, this is cute!
I like the orange and green that pop off the shirt. It would be a cute kids shirt ^^

Thanks mikan! At first I had the design on kelly green, but then I decided the whole thing worked better on navy and changed the colors to pop more. I agree about the kids shirt too.

imsochady wrote:This reminds me of the zoo. I think I'll go there maybe sometime this year to take pics of animals as references. Sweet design!

Thanks Imsochady! I did an internship at a zoo for 6 months, so I did a loooot of animal sketches (and photos) in my downtime. It's pretty enjoyable, so I second that thought!

Vote!

MMagieD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MMagieD

I was devastated this was rejected. Thanks for bringing it back. I looked at the other 'tree lung' shirts out there and none of them are this good. I like the reinterpretation better.

GMV.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
capedcrusader514 wrote:but this will probably fog so congrats, i guess.

Honestly, I really doubt it. I really had no hopes of fogging when I was working on this edit, it's more so a matter of the fact that I'm proud of this piece and didn't want to just throw it away. This has been a very high voting contest, so the likelihood of a late entry making it up there is really low, and I just can't see it happening, especially since the original was struggling to stay in the fog in the first place.

MMagieD wrote:I was devastated this was rejected. Thanks for bringing it back. I looked at the other 'tree lung' shirts out there and none of them are this good. I like the reinterpretation better.

GMV.

Thanks, hopefully woot will decide that the new version is a new interpretation of the idea I think that the composition of the original was too similar to existing shirts, so I tried to change it completely this time around.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio

why was it rejected before? i'm thinking it will be rejected for the same reason seeing as how you didn't change that much.

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

Galaxie64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Galaxie64

First shirt worth voting for in quite a while for me, very good job.

Zeradin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zeradin
ramyb wrote:I tried reworking the design in a lot of different ways, and ultimately this was my favorite outcome. I didn't want to abandon the concept entirely, but I wanted to add a bit more subtlety, in addition to addressing some of the concerns people had in terms of wearability. I wanted to take the idea and change the execution to make it different, and hopefully it is changed enough. This way, I think it can stand alone as a shirt without the lungs, but at the same time might make someone do a double-take when they look at the shirt.

Hope you enjoy the changes, and thanks again for all the support.

Do you draw your shirts out? Illustrator? What's the deal. You're amazing. (sorry if you get this question often, I just started looking at these)

leonAzul

Re: The Last Park

Meh.

Good idea, well executed, but it doesn't lie well on a shirt at all.

IMHO it would be much more successful as a shirt design if the transparent and gray areas were reversed. This way the design would just 'float' on the shirt, instead of appearing to be bounded by a gray background with distractingly feathered edges. Just a suggestion.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
TikiWahine wrote:Because it's a beaver? I get what you're saying!

We used to have beavers alll over our provincial park signs.

Hahaha, yeah, I feel bad because this is super funny. But as a chick, I would not want people to see me wearing it..and if I was a dude..well..yeah. This is a great concept tho, honestly I like it. If I had more confidence I'd wear it ^^;.

JheinaBae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JheinaBae

Can I vote twice? Or a hundred times? It'd be awesome to walk around with this on.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

This is such a pretty drawing, but it's still going to make me look like I've got weepy boobies ^^;.

leonAzul

Re: Detroit Urban Renewalhttps

This is so wicked wrong it GMV.

Have you considered Pittsburgh, PA and/or Camden, NJ for similar treatment?