bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Autumn Mist Tours

This...is great! But, the dragon is a little bit of a hard read to me. I thought it was a sideways canoe at first. Puff was a sort of roundish character, so this dragon is a big departure from that. That's definately ok to do, but it doesnt have the same feel so it's a tiny bit of a visual miss to me. All that aside though, you get super props for such a great idea, and nice execution overall!

leonAzul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leonAzul
Re: Campfire Tales

Animated GIFs on a shirt?

Epic fail.

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
Re: Detroit Urban Renewalhttps

I live in Detroit.

GMV.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

@orzine - I got some suggestions to redo this one for this derby, since it kind of got lost in the site problems last derby. And
from "Feel free to extend the idea to parks in other countries, on other planets, in other realities, and different eras.", it seemed it could be a national park about any kind of park... as many entries are.
I'm sorry you didn't think the idea worked for the last derby either... could you give me some reasons why? Unless you simply don't find the idea of bears eating bagels amusing.

Vote!

leonAzul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leonAzul

"A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant's rings make way for other toys."

GMV.

iimiszvickie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iimiszvickie
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air (Resub)

okay now i have saggy breast... no this doesn't work

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: Ravaged Lands

The wild is slowly dying out in these Ravaged Lands.

Hope you enjoy it.

-Cheers!

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
Re: Where Demons Are Many - Brown Shirt

brown shirt is better. well done. won't it get rejected again though?

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
mamastowe wrote:Very nice.

Kudos to you for making me break out the trusty Atlas. I knew every one except Big Bend in TX. All are in their proper place.

(That's an egret in the FL Everglades, isn't it?)

correct on the egret... and thanks for the support looks like this yet again is not my week... le sigh...

graffd02

grasshopperjonez wrote:ok. I'll bite, How did you get a pair of "real" bunny slippers for free?

I read Mark Levinson's new Money Saving
book and YOU CAN TOO!!!

and then i shot two bunnies and made slippers outta them...

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

I was wondering what you were going to do with this. I wish you would have extended it more vertically instead of making it wider, but of course then you would have lost the lung effect...

But since the "lungs" are still there, this may not make it past rejection.

I guess we'll see.

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine

your changes are immaterial. similar shirts still exist, and this shirt should still be rejected.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
Re: Our Newest Park!

i thought about it a while and i'm confused how the moon could be a national park. what nation is it a part of?

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

graffd02

kender42 wrote:And this really isn't a National Park theme. Ripping off a movie and putting Mr. Potato head in it and saying that he is making an image of something in a National Park just doesn't cut it imo.

That and your attitude is terrible.

Did I mention I think you have a poor attitude?

I've had multiple people telling me that I'm not following rules... I'm just telling them that I am... Devil's tower is a National Landmark in a National Park... And then they quote the rules wrong to me... I'm correcting them... what do you want me to do throw a tea party? I'll bring crumpets if you want... I just want to make fun shirts... please let me without jumping all over me.

finalevil23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finalevil23

great shirt, hope it gets printed!

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul

I first really enjoyed the song on our family's player piano. Back in the 60's Disneyland had a QRS player piano roll shop on Main Street that carried modern songs as well as nostalgic classics, and this design is very reminiscent of the "classic" labels. Puff, alas, did not have an illustrated label - just the stark red, black, and white "modern" label. This is how I always imagined its "real" label would look...GMV

abfabphxboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abfabphxboi

I hardly ever purchase a woot shirt, maybe 2 or 3 so far. But I love this one. Sad to see it rejected.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
mrwednesday wrote:How'd you sneak the .gif in as the thumbnail? Might want to be careful, woot might count that as misleading the voters.

They've allowed in the two previous derbies, so at most they might ban it in the future or tell him to remove it now. But I doubt they'd go as far as rejecting, since it was already overlooked twice.

Foildisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foildisc
Re: Mt. Robot National Park

did the binary mean anything?

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
orzine wrote:your changes are immaterial. similar shirts still exist, and this shirt should still be rejected.

Pretty much. You didn't change any of the elements that actually led to the rejection in the first place....

Also the boxiness at the top of the design is not an improvement and the way the lobes just out at the bottom is still pretty awkward.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: The Last Park

I really like the idea and the drawing but I really REALLY do not like the green you chose.

abfabphxboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abfabphxboi

I love it! I am excited to see that your old one is still in the top ten, even though it is rejected! I will 100% purchase this shirt if it makes it...

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
ironfresh wrote:As a lover and collector of original shirts, this site was a recent and welcome addition to my internet rounds. That is until I made the mistake of looking at the forum posts where it seems that a lot of folk have nothing better to do than resort to petty bickering and sniping at each other. The perverse pleasure some of you take at seeing someone taken down a peg is depressing and childish. While I will continue to enjoy the efforts of the site, I will be steering well clear of the forums associated with each shirt in the future.

Please do. Given that you're posting this on the thread for a shirt that was rejected for not being original and for an artist who hasn't produced an original design since he came here, it will be for the best. Try not to vote for anything either.

orzine

jasneko wrote:
I'm sorry you didn't think the idea worked for the last derby either... could you give me some reasons why? Unless you simply don't find the idea of bears eating bagels amusing.

well thats the whole point, isnt it? the whole design depends on the viewer being amused by the idea or illustration. im going to get a little analytical, so ignore the rest of the post if you dont care. take out the amusement and logically, this design does not work at all. it makes about as much sense as the gummy bear entry in the fog, except that could be seen as a different animal and should be protected. but your idea hinges on that there would be a national park to protect regular animals that do a certain behavior. its equatable to having a national park for kittens wearing mittens. or if you say that bears are endangered, then the fact that they eat bagels is immaterial, and again, the concept falls apart.

it didnt work for the last derby because your design was centered around eating, not cooking. while there were alot of designs that went in that direction, it doesnt change the fact that your design did too.

im sorry, but this doesnt make any sense.

n8elgr8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n8elgr8
Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

It reminds me of those Discovery channel shows where they guy gets in the Plexiglas box and taunts bears to get close up footage. Then, in my mind, the bear just takes his car home.

Brilliant design.

orzine

Re: bear back national park

oh kasey, how i love your work. i have one suggestion: i think if you gave the whole piece thicker lines, it would look more cartooney and more consistant with the style of the illustration. plus i think it would also look more emblematic and better for a t shirt.

if i recall correctly, i seem to remember you always using fine lines. is there a reason you dont use thick lines?

orzine

abfabphxboi wrote:I love it! I am excited to see that your old one is still in the top ten, even though it is rejected! I will 100% purchase this shirt if it makes it...

you wont jsut purchase 73% of the shirt like you did last time?

jokerst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokerst
Re: The Giving Tree

I wish i had one of these in my back yard. =(

synz2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synz2000

PRINT IT! I don't give a damn who designed what and when in the past this design deserves to be in the fog.

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul

There are so many shirts I like this time, I hope enough has been changed on this one so that it will pass muster - like TGentry's, it really does bring back sooo many good memories that I want them both. I suppose we will see.

notruthingod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notruthingod
Re: Joshua Tree Sunset

Absolutely gorgeous color scheme.
Nice to see a little a variety in Woot shirts.
GMV!!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Ah, a BEAR!

Thanks everyone!!

I'm thinking of doing a little redux on this one and resubmitting. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Big Phoot

The Phanatic's wild cousin.

MMagieD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MMagieD

If there are so many 'lung tree' shirts out there that look just like this one, why can't I find them? After this got rejected I really wanted to find another place where I could get this. I couldn't find it, SO...

WOOT officials and members...send me links to a shirt like this. NOT AN UPSIDE-DOWN TREE. NOT ONE WITHOUT THE MOUNTAINS. Seriously.

I better be able to purchase it too...not just look at the pretty picture and wish I could.

I WANT THIS ONE.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
synz2000 wrote:PRINT IT! I don't give a damn who designed what and when in the past this design deserves to be in the fog.

Because woot rules should be disregarded on the whim of you liking a design?

I pretty much think the same thing as I did with the first one. Superficially, I like it much more than most Ramyb designs. But I don't think the changes do much, its concept isn't very original, and I personally wish it adhered more to the theme than just having trees.

MMagieD wrote:If there are so many 'lung tree' shirts out there that look just like this one, why can't I find them? After this got rejected I really wanted to find another place where I could get this. I couldn't find it, SO...

Woot's rules do not require a design to look just like another to be rejected. They simply need to be too similar, and usually it's based on concept. Woot has rejected designs for similarity on far more tenuous evidence than this one.

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42

Maybe add a root system to it. Perhaps even a couple more birds. I think you will be hard pressed to get the people who thought this looked to much like other lung shirts to give up the complaining.

I liked the first one but it did look a lot like the shirt they linked. It is such a obvious idea, after you did it anyway, that it seems hard to imagine more shirts not being out there like it.

amyindsun

quality posts: 4 Private Messages amyindsun
Re: Image.nation Park

this is awesome. I'd wear this for sure.

laurafoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy
Re: Epidermis Park

You managed to spell epidermis right in two places, but not on the template?

sel2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sel2

I would definitely buy this one! i watched puff all the time as a kid!yay

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria
parrotworks wrote:The perfect shirt to tell someone you loved them.

I love it mostly because when my parents decided to get divorced we went on one last trip to a bunch of national and state parks to see if everyone could get along or if it was really, really over. I had to laugh out loud when I saw this shirt! Got my vote!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....