LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria
Re: leaving so soon?

I love it mostly because when my parents decided to get divorced we went on one last trip to a bunch of national and state parks to see if everyone could get along or if it was really, really over. I had to laugh out loud when I saw this shirt! Got my vote!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air (Resub)

I just love it! GMV! its a awesome work!

SickGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SickGirl
Re: Carnivore Valley Park

I love this!

amaroray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaroray
Re: Image.nation Park

This looks like something Imaginary Foundation would put out. The bottle is really nice but the label doesn't match the quality and ruins the entire effect. Otherwise, good execution.

twalter87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twalter87

I really dig your work. Got my vote on this design as well.

JCPenelope87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JCPenelope87
blammoed wrote:Thanks everyone!!

I'm thinking of doing a little redux on this one and resubmitting. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

The bear's hand seems a bit off. It looks like the palm of his right hand, but it's attached to his left arm and shoulder.

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55

Others have said it, but...isn't this the same shirt that got rejected? Sure more has been added, but the root cause of the rejection is still there. It's still a lung tree shirt.

prism369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prism369
Re: Ravaged Lands

ayayay i really dig this shirt

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Paradox55 wrote:Others have said it, but...isn't this the same shirt that got rejected? Sure more has been added, but the root cause of the rejection is still there. It's still a lung tree shirt.

Woot simply stated "similar shirts exist," not that lung tree shirts are banned. I believe the original was much too similar to the shirt to which it was compared in terms of composition, which is the issue I tried to change in the new version. Like I said, I wanted to add an element of subtlety to the design, in which the lungs aren't the central focus and aren't specifically noticeable at first glance. I think that because the first one was posted, it is much easier to see them now, but to someone who had never seen either submission before, they wouldn't necessarily be immediately apparent. I think that fact, combined with the difference in execution, hopefully make it different enough to stand this time. Ultimately it is up to woot to decide.

dxsmachina

quality posts: 117 Private Messages dxsmachina

Thanks for posting a larger version of the design early so I could check it out. I really wish you'd use something other then half tones to create the gradient/transition effects. I don't tend to buy shirts with tight half tones over large areas cause I don't like how they print or look.

It's a nice illustration, though.

IrishCrusader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IrishCrusader
Re: DEATH NATIONAL PARK

Could you please post the image of your shirt with the all-out LOTR parody. I remember Sauron, Frodo, Samwise, and Smeagol were all in the design, but I was curious about what else was changed from that design. Thank you, and I wish this design the best of luck! GMV

dxsmachina

Re: Remember the animals

Your detail shot and your thumbnail are different colors. You might want to re-submit to fix that as I can't tell which colors the design is suppose to be.

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
JCPenelope87 wrote:The bear's hand seems a bit off. It looks like the palm of his right hand, but it's attached to his left arm and shoulder.

You're right, thank you thank you! This will be changed. :]

alboy1125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alboy1125
bakefy wrote:I'm so dumb. It's like Disney in Cali and Florida, same owner. Hopefully they dont have it trademarked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_Park

I was going for something more along the lines of...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4494/futurama-luna-park

I'd just like to note as well that there's a Luna Park arena in Buenos Aires that hosts pretty big concerts and sports events- I know this doesn't add much to the conversation, but I just wanted to give BsAs some love

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
jasneko wrote:Cute! I like the big bellies on the bears.

And that's the only thing I don't like about this. Enough so that I wouldn't buy it, but I did vote.

lindab53

jasneko wrote:Thanks linda! Glad you like the changes - your feedback was good... I think it came out much better.

I would definitely buy this. And I so envy you your internship at the zoo! Did you get to work "hands on" with any of the animals? Bears and elephants are my favorites, but a lot of them don't do well in a zoo. I also really like otters, beavers, and pika.

lindab53

blammoed wrote:Thanks everyone!!

I'm thinking of doing a little redux on this one and resubmitting. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

I'd like to see a little more of the bear.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
dxsmachina wrote:Thanks for posting a larger version of the design early so I could check it out. I really wish you'd use something other then half tones to create the gradient/transition effects. I don't tend to buy shirts with tight half tones over large areas cause I don't like how they print or look.

It's a nice illustration, though.

They print fine, against what people say around here. But honestly, I have never had a probably with a Ramyb shirt with half-tones like this.

lindab53

SkekTek wrote:Many of the parks in the State and National listings are bat caves. Full of microchiroptera, or echolocating bats, they produce a lot of guano, known for its curative and restorative powers. Some caves can have colonies that live in the same area for centuries, and the guano gets pretty thick. You can visit, but you should wear wide shoes. Or you could become a permanent resident yourself!

I really like this and thought it would get lots more votes. I think it might be the lack of varied colors, but the inside of a cave is not all that colorful, so I don't know what to suggest. Maybe people are just tired of asphalt shirts?

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
wootasourous wrote:They print fine, against what people say around here. But honestly, I have never had a probably with a Ramyb shirt with half-tones like this.

Not liking something doesn't mean it's a universal problem - it just means someone doesn't like it.

That said, if a shirt is going to have a big swath of solid color, I'd rather have it be a halftone than heavy ink. The halftones allow the shirt to stretch better. And breathe.

As far as the duribility of halftones after washing and wearing a shirt for years, I have no idea. The only Woot shirt I've got that has a lot of halftones is Air, and I don't know how that compares to how anyone else does their work.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
The Tim wrote:Ungh. Annoying rejection. Was my favorite shirt this derby.

Yeah, I'm quite sad there was no reason given here. Not just because I wanted the shirt - because I don't actually understand the rejection.

dxsmachina

wootasourous wrote:They print fine, against what people say around here. But honestly, I have never had a probably with a Ramyb shirt with half-tones like this.

Sorry, but I just don't like the look of them over a large area. This has nothing to do with this derby and everything to do with half tones that cover a lot of the shirt. I won't buy them in stores, on Threadless, or from Shirt Woot, regardless of who does them.

I don't mind half tones on shirts for spot areas or small effects but this shirt is literally covered with half tone.

This is a real concern for me and I'm glad you don't mind it. But it does effect whether I'll buy a shirt or not.

lindab53

ramyb wrote:Woot simply stated "similar shirts exist," not that lung tree shirts are banned. I believe the original was much too similar to the shirt to which it was compared in terms of composition, which is the issue I tried to change in the new version. Like I said, I wanted to add an element of subtlety to the design, in which the lungs aren't the central focus and aren't specifically noticeable at first glance. I think that because the first one was posted, it is much easier to see them now, but to someone who had never seen either submission before, they wouldn't necessarily be immediately apparent. I think that fact, combined with the difference in execution, hopefully make it different enough to stand this time. Ultimately it is up to woot to decide.

I have to agree that I don't think there have been appreciable changes to this design. At first glance it hardly looks changed at all. And as a woman I would not wear this. If anything, i think the wearability for women was made worse. It's too bad you did not make the tree trunk in the middle off-center or open up the design more. As it stands, I think it should be rejected again.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Autumn Mist Tours

what color shirt is this? (I think I need to recalibrate my monitor... again...)

lindab53

Re: Ah, a BEAR!

I am trying to vote and my vote won't stick. What's up Woot? I click I'd want one and the number doesn't change. Hitting refresh does not do anything. If I click on Take it Back, it adds a vote, but when I hit refresh, it takes it back. I cannot vote. And yes, I have bought shirts here, over 20 of them.

Edit: I think I finally got it to take, unless it was someone else's vote that showed up. But, this has happened to me before, and I know I saw someone else complaining of the same thing. I'd hate to think that if I was not paying attention my votes might not count.

lindab53

simontsui wrote:The rule was meant for the T-shirt printed text I believe.

Gotcha. Thanks!

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
Re: Hades National Park

Thanks to you all for the votes and comments!

I'm aware of the boxiness of the corners, but I felt the rectangular design best conveyed the feeling of a vintage National Parks poster. No real way around it.

As for the thumbnail, I had to pick a crop with the most interest, though I do wish I could have conveyed more of the overall image without squishing it to incomprehensible size.

Again, thanks to all, and happy derby! ^_^

jazmyne979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmyne979
billratio wrote:brown shirt is better. well done. won't it get rejected again though?

This was posted before the rejection... which I find ironic, since five of the reckoning list are also 'fanart'... but go figure. Still, this one's doing better than last week's... so I'm getting better at this.

anewleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anewleaf
Re: MOGWAI NATIONAL PARK

The little furry dude is cute! Vote for him!

..... yeah .....

walmazan

Re: Forest Adventure

WOW! what a nice composition! I can feel it.
Congrats!

rtdn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtdn
xazothia wrote:what color shirt is this? (I think I need to recalibrate my monitor... again...)

Navy.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
lindab53 wrote:I would definitely buy this. And I so envy you your internship at the zoo! Did you get to work "hands on" with any of the animals? Bears and elephants are my favorites, but a lot of them don't do well in a zoo. I also really like otters, beavers, and pika.

Great to hear, thanks Linda!
You could probably intern at a zoo too if you so desire;) I did watch the elephants quite a bit because they were near the areas I was generally working, and I'd look at the bears when I got a chance to go to another area of the zoo. You're right, elephants don't do well at zoos, they need more room... I think the elephants from my zoo were recently sent to a bigger park because of that. I like otters and beavers too, though there weren't any beavers at my zoo. Where have you seen pika? I don't know much about them but just googled pika and they look adorable!

I mostly did 'hands on' work with the traveling kid zoo animals, like hedgehogs, snakes (eep! couldn't believe I was holding a snake!), turtles... I wish I got to have more hands on with the bigger animals but the keepers of each animal were pretty territorial with feedings and things like that (I'm guessing there may have been rules too).

I did get some closer access though. For instance, the tiger keeper let me come to the keeper part of the tiger area and put my hand up against a mesh part of the cage (couldn't have put my hand through) and I felt the tiger's breath against my hand, which was kind of awesome. He was friendly and came up and chuffed at me (I spent a lot of time with the tigers so he knew me). A chuff is like a tiger greeting/friendly noise. It's a great feeling to be chuffed at!:D

Vote!

Thaleia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thaleia
Re: Giant Sequoia

would love to buy this one- not sure about the shirt color though. Has anyone gotten one that's dark green before? It is a nice forestly green or a dark grayish green

punkrock210

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkrock210
ironfresh wrote:As a lover and collector of original shirts, this site was a recent and welcome addition to my internet rounds. That is until I made the mistake of looking at the forum posts where it seems that a lot of folk have nothing better to do than resort to petty bickering and sniping at each other. The perverse pleasure some of you take at seeing someone taken down a peg is depressing and childish. While I will continue to enjoy the efforts of the site, I will be steering well clear of the forums associated with each shirt in the future.

yeah the forums here at woot can be pretty vicious. Especially when it comes to newer people, some of the veterans tend to pick on them as if having more purchases on a website makes you cool or something. Whatever. Anyways, I loved this shirt, I was going to buy one if given the chance! Too vbad it got rejected

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Thaleia wrote:would love to buy this one- not sure about the shirt color though. Has anyone gotten one that's dark green before? It is a nice forestly green or a dark grayish green

Looks like it's olive green to me. Same color as Scareperson that printed last derby.

Or at least that's what it looks like to me. I don't think Woot has a forest green.

Edit: I stand corrected. It's brown. Nice. I like brown...

little lulu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages little lulu

This is timeless. I remember being in Yosemite as a kid 50+ yrs ago and my dad complaining about my brother reading a comic book instead of looking at the magnificent view! (Yes, I'm old, but I'm WootMom! So that would be WootUncle! reading the comic book.)

doubtingsalmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doubtingsalmon
Re: Silly Moose

To be technical, Minimoose looks like this. What we have here is something that bears a strong resemblance to GIR's moose squeaky toy that was made famous in the "GIR Goes Crazy and Stuff" episode.

extraimagination

quality posts: 0 Private Messages extraimagination
Re: Giant Sequoia Tree

Very cool design, but it needs to be on a shirt template.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
punkrock210 wrote:yeah the forums here at woot can be pretty vicious. Especially when it comes to newer people, some of the veterans tend to pick on them as if having more purchases on a website makes you cool or something.

If it does happen because you have fewer purchases, that's pretty sad. However, I've never had such a problem in my time here. People can be over the top, yes, but never toward me for no reason, and certainly not because I have fewer purchases than most.

walmazan

Re: Smoky Mountains

haha! I love it!, nice expressions!