kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Please Dispose Of Thoughtfully.

With a club?

Oh scaffolding it is an anti littering shirt...or is it? Those two look a little relaxed perhaps they were taking a couple drinks.

Not a huge fan of white shirts.

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Pine-Scented National Park

A National Park for taxi drivers?

Blackfox19765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackfox19765
kender42 wrote:
Probably really works like this: If this shirt gets 10 tattles we will review for REJECTED if it gets 50 tattles it gets REJECTED no matter what.

But... then you'll start getting people who are really, um, anti-Ramyb for example, who simply "tattle" in hopes of rejection. The theory is good, but that won't work in actuality. I understand the need to reject shirts, and agree that in this case it was founded, but there's no need to go about rejecting every shirt an artist designs simply because they have a rather large hatebase.

grep6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grep6
Re: Giant Sequoia

tgentry, this is beautiful, but I think I'd rather frame it than wear it.

Pyeddo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyeddo

Love it

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
sgoman5674 wrote:This looks like a copy from one of the LOTR artist interpretation art books. Looks nice but still a copy.

Reminds me a lot of this google-searched image:

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Broccoli National Park

This is adorable! If only they had some cheese...maybe they'd like it better:P

srb122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srb122
Re: Clothing Optional

Ha! Awesome! Bear should have worn this!

truffleshuffle

Re: The Caves: They are Mammoth

I like how this is so retro, especially with the distressing. Pretty cool;)

truffleshuffle

Re: Old Faithful

I really like the scribble-y style you used! Poor Old Faithful, haha

truffleshuffle

Re: Floating Rock National Park

hahaha, I like the guy hanging off the edge in the background. Him and the sign really make this shirt for me.

truffleshuffle

Re: Autumn Mist Tours

This is awesome!! It almost looks like a woodblock ink print thingy, and the reference is pretty cool too. Really great work

HollidayStudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HollidayStudios
doubtingsalmon wrote:To be technical, Minimoose looks like this. What we have here is something that bears a strong resemblance to GIR's moose squeaky toy that was made famous in the "GIR Goes Crazy and Stuff" episode.

the sad part was I had no freaking idea. . . I knew what mini moose looked like . . . I did not know GIR had a squeaky toy moose. . . D: . . .

yay learning experience

truffleshuffle

Re: Forest Adventure

This makes me think of my childhood taking walks with my dad in the woods behind our house. I really like it and I would definitely buy one...maybe one for my dad too

truffleshuffle

Re: National Park of Wahoo!

Awww, so cute! Especially the extremely fat bears, hahaha

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
mrwednesday wrote:Why don't you tell us which heavily half-toned shirts that ramy has made that you own. Maybe post some pictures. I fully expect to hear (well I don't have a camera, blah blah, blah). Everyone has a camera or has access to one. If they look so great and everyone is wrong man up and prove it.

I'll post the pictures of the shirts that I have. And yes, I do have a camera. The shirts that I will show will be Blue Moon and Synthetic Beauty. I lost the pirate shirt which makes me sad. But oh well. I still have those two, I'll post pictures later on for you though.

truffleshuffle

Re: Yellowsnow National Park

heh heh, yellow snow...

imtheotherguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imtheotherguy
tnkitty wrote:"Cute, but no."?? I don't get it. I think it's a great parody and design. What's the problem?

I don't think the design does enough to make it a parody of the price is right game, which is why it was rejected.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
wootasourous wrote:I'll post the pictures of the shirts that I have. And yes, I do have a camera. The shirts that I will show will be Blue Moon and Synthetic Beauty. I lost the pirate shirt which makes me sad. But oh well. I still have those two, I'll post pictures later on for you though.

Here are two close-ups of the shirts.
Synthetic Beauty

Washed about 12 times.

Blue Moon

Washed about 6 times.

imtheotherguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imtheotherguy
Re: National Park Trail Mix - Made with Actual Trail

Isn't the arrowhead part of the national parks service logo, I mean I know yours is tilted by 15 degrees but its quite similar...

spacekaml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacekaml

I love it! My family makes yellow snow jokes every winter.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
ramyb wrote:stuff

You're still missing the forest for the trees so to speak. What you have here is a concept shirt. The concept is the depiction of a tree and the outdoors as lungs in order to make commentary about fresh air. No matter how many extra trees you add or what elements within that concept you modify it's still the same concept as long as you leave the lungs intact (and still looks strikingly similar anyway).

The same should go for any shirt that makes a skull out of anything for ever and after. No one needs more shirts like that.

As for the tree in the city, there are many reasons it should be rejected the foremost is that I don't think it really has anything to do with national parks. It also has absolutely no chance of printing.

As for tgentry's, woot specifically asked for "stunning, shirt-worthy images from a national park." I don't think anyone would disagree that this applies so it is 100% fully on topic.

What I am most surprised by is that there aren't a ton of "don't eat the gummi bears" shirts. I looked and maybe other people's google skills are better than mine but there was nothing I could find that used the same concept, but the idea feels old.

edit:

The skull shirt is a lot closer to the fog than I thought. I really should be getting the axe as well.

sneezycop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezycop
Re: Please Adopt Me

What is that in his hand?

mrwednesday

wootasourous wrote:snip

Don't forget the full design because that's also the issue. Every halftone shirt I've bought, including "Air" (which I'm not as happy with even comparing to photographs) the halftone dots are completely distinct. In ramy's comps there is always the effect that the colors and dots will blend to look like a solid field but that is never the case on the shirt in my experience.

KristinaSunshine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KristinaSunshine
Re: Campfire Tales

So So So Cute

Best of luck - Im forwarding this onto my friends

MasterWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf

Lungs are not allowed. But the same concept using a skull... thaaaaaaaaat's a-ok.

subsider34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subsider34
Re: Campfires!

Smokey is from the National Forest Service, not the National Park Service!

grldollies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grldollies
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air (Resub)

Yea, glad it's back - love it! Great Design, I like the new re-make better. Lovely – he kept it basic scene the same. To all the saggy boobers out there - BUY a GOOD BRA! Spend some of that money saved from a bargain priced WOOT t-shirt. Complaining about half-tones the lung shape, the tree placement blaa bla blaa bla bla . . . such a minor thing, the over all design is picturesque. Get a grip people this is for a $10 t-shirt (less if you subtract what it costs to ship). I spend way more on a bottle of tide to clean it! A WOOT rejection is a shame, so many have a common design concept – just executed differently. A lot of designs lately have been rather silly.

angelrn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelrn
Re: The Caves: They are Mammoth

I hope this climbs to the top!!! I love Mammoth Cave! The styling is great, super-fun!

Angel*Fish

MasterWolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterWolf

This is by far the most beautiful shirt this week. Great execution of the theme, beautiful vibrant colors. GMV and can't wait to buy it.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: Giant Sequoia

I was so excited about an olive shirt. Curse you, brown for tricking my eyes!

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
Re: Broccoli National Park

...based on their...plumpness...I'm guessing that they are leaving because they were just told they have to lay off the cheese sauce - the only thing that makes broccoli edible...

jshrop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshrop
Re: Muir is my Homeboy

GMV! John Muir is the man!

dxsmachina

quality posts: 110 Private Messages dxsmachina
wootasourous wrote:
Blue Moon

Washed about 6 times.

Since you have the shirt and a camera... what did the areas that look like an airbrushed blue fog down by the girl print like?

Cause this Derby image he posted showed no halftones at all just smooth gradients which you can't do easily on shirts.

mrwednesday

Re: Lost Souls Cavern

I'm really not a fan of this one. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that no one really needs another hidden skull shirt. I'm pretty sure more skull shirts exist than any other kind of shirt. And as with other heavily half-toned designs, I just don't think this will print well. All of the distinct dots will look pretty messy inside the design.

If I haven't actually purchased, I'm usually a fan or your stuff since it tends to be fairly fresh compared to the norm but this one is a miss for me.

kolorblindd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolorblindd
graffd02 wrote:An Alice In Wonderland Shirt That Wasn't Girly was exactly what I was going for! I'm so glad that's what I got!

I'll let you know if it doesn't do well here, i'll probably put it up on cafepress If it doesn't do well here but we'll see I've still got 4 days to rise to the top, lets see if I get noticed... I do love it so, I'd buy one definately.

You can always wait to see if you get an honorable mention. ^.^

I want this either way, as long as it gets printed someone. :3

kolorblindd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolorblindd
graffd02 wrote:Made a few changes here and there, including the distressing and some changes to the Cheshire cat... good changes in my opinion... I also slightly neoned the colors up a bit more...

vote for whichever one you want, hopefully I do well, and If I don't then heck, at least I like it...

good design is good. Whatever needs to take to get it in the fog. I'd wear either version.

Finley4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Finley4
wootasourous wrote:Here are two close-ups of the shirts.
Synthetic Beauty

Blue Moon

Washed about 6 times.

Isn't there supposed to be bright electric blue background dots next to that drip? It's completely non-existent in your picture. I don't think you proved your point, quite the opposite.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
grldollies wrote: Get a grip people this is for a $10 t-shirt (less if you subtract what it costs to ship).

tell that to the artists who lose

TikiWahine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiWahine

Well it's based on what WAS a parks logo, from the 70s.

It's not used anymore. I don't think this shirt design should be rejected on that basis.

The logo looks like this now: http://www.pc.gc.ca/ Nothing close to the original or the above symbol.