JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Oh Deer!

Just because you're on the right side of the Park line, doesn't mean you're safe from the hunters!

Here's a larger view.

Thanks to TGentry for the initial idea. I did tweak it a little (obviously) from what he suggested, but I liked the perspective I started with and just went from there. I hope you all enjoy!

dxsmachina

quality posts: 110 Private Messages dxsmachina
Ginnna wrote:Where'd this resub go? I can't find it anymore...

It got rejected again so I think they took it down.

drock777

quality posts: 5 Private Messages drock777
dxsmachina wrote:It seems to be getting votes very quickly... Go Go Go! The bear is awesome!

its awesome but I wish it was on a black shirt

aXio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aXio

That's really cancellation... I really wanted this shirt...

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Carnivore Valley Park

very cool, love the gator!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: X-treme National Park

This is my favorite one so far. Awesome!

APerfectC

quality posts: 2 Private Messages APerfectC
Re: Late Night Sequoia

It really looks like they used every color in the swatch. Good use of way too many colors.

No me tengas miedo, no te voy a comer

lucky1988

Re: Broccoli National Park

Thanks everyone! Ha, if there only was a cheese sauce geyser or waterfall, no one would leave!

lucky1988

Fantastic!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

Just saying thanks for all the great comments. Really glad so many of you like this one. And if it doesn't print, I'll be there with the tissues for those of you that said you'd cry if you couldn't buy it.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Broccoli National Park

Adorable and funny! I like.

Scroogem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scroogem
Re: Campfire Tales

I really hope this gets made. Put me down for one. Good Luck!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Great use of negative space and skeery too! GMV

nonfinity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonfinity
taninniver wrote:That would be at the boathouse - ask for Charon. Fee is one danake!

One of my friends just had a kid... any idea on the policies around dipping it in the river? (We're aware of the issue around heels already)

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy

So, uh....what happened to Ramyb's re-sub?

JadenKale

ressamac wrote:Great use of negative space and skeery too! GMV

Thanks! I'm so glad I didn't draw out the bear like I had started to. I actually had gotten frustrated with him and colored him all in. That's when I saw the opportunity to use him like this.

mwitych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwitych

When can i buy this?

prism369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prism369
Re: Giant Sequoia

In my perfect world of ideals this shirt, along with the Lost Souls Cavern shirt and the Smoky Mountains shirt, would be the designs going into print.

imsochady

quality posts: 18 Private Messages imsochady

Hah! This looks really great! GMV .

imsochady

I'd love to visit this park! Looks more entertaining the regular stuff bears do at the circus. Great job!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Thanks guys ^^.

Oh, the Bass is like the fish, because my last name is Bass, hurrrr. I always got made fun of for it in school, but now I embrace the fun.

Sorry for the black shirt/brown shirt. I wanted it to look very graphic, so I needed black outlines, which would have gotten lost on black. Plus, I tend to pick a color of shirt to cheat the 6 color rule. I thought I would need it for the brown on the bear, but ended up changing my mind later. Hopefully it would look ok, if by some galactic stroke of luck this made it to the fog, or HM later.

Glad you guys think the ridiculousness is fun! It was my goal :D.

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar

really hoping this one wins so I can buy one

kylemittskus

quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus

It's not even a sequoia!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Ginnna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ginnna

Where the hell's the rejectionator?

You love this signature. It's awesome.

KingPascal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingPascal

Personally I like the design. I understand why it was rejected though. I've seen similar designs around the block. I am new to this site also. I must say I hope you were using sarcasm when you mentioned history seeing that this site has been around for only 2 years or so. If you weren't kidding I must tell you that is not history kitty. I have a Art History degree and understand the history and depth of images throughout time. That is what is a matter with this younger generation of kitties is that they think everything started with the internet and cell phones and have no true knowledge of the history of art and culture.

mrwednesday wrote:No, it has nothing to do with new people. It has to do with people who happen to be new that come in without any knowledge of the past or any respect for the community here or the designers that made shirt woot what it is and whine and moan that their favorite designs shouldn't have to follow the rules.

It also comes from new people assuming that after a derby or two that they know everything there is to know about the derbies when they have no concept of the history here. Beyond that, they tend to be incredibly touchy at any insinuation that anything should be more important than their $10 t-shirt.

The rules are in place for a reason and the themes are in place for a reason. It is not just a t-shirt. There is a very substantial reward for printing which can make a huge difference for the artists who put their time and effort into designing and those rewards should never be doled out to the same stagnant designs just because "I like it" or because "I want to spite the people who don't like this."

Many new people realize that the veterans have been here a long time and seen a lot more than they have and so have a better perspective of what's going on. They also put in the effort to understand where people are coming from and have some respect for the process.

The new people who get hate tend to be self centered and expect to have everything handed to them and that any disagreement with their wishes is tantamount to murder. If more of the new people had a little more respect for the artists and designers here there would be infinitely fewer issues.

babybling16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babybling16

seriously... this needs to win

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42

Sobbid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sobbid
Re: Mount Bubbmore

It's a shame so few people know who that is

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: New Beginning

I am sure if you had used a pot plant you would have gotten more votes.

imsochady

Re: Tower Search

Whoa! This looks really nice. Maybe you should've pulled the shirt down a tiny bit to see some of the details behind. GMV

JadenKale

Re: Smoky Mountains

MJ, I love this. The smoke looks great and the over all color scheme really stands out. Great job!

girtonman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages girtonman

If this doesn't win, I will be a very sad panda

JadenKale

prism369 wrote:In my perfect world of ideals this shirt, along with the Lost Souls Cavern shirt and the Smoky Mountains shirt, would be the designs going into print.

I agree with this post, except for Lost Souls Cavern. I'm not a fan of most skull designs, partially hidden or otherwise.

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

This shirt is great! There is something about bears operating motor vehicles that just speaks to me.

slhampel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slhampel
Re: Autumn Mist Tours

I am/was a huge fan of PP&M, and with the recent passing of Mary, I would certainly wear this in her honor. GMV.

JadenKale

Re: Campfire Tales

Great job Walmazan I like the role reversal here.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
bassanimation wrote:Thanks guys ^^.

Oh, the Bass is like the fish, because my last name is Bass, hurrrr. I always got made fun of for it in school, but now I embrace the fun.

My former roommate was named Chris Bass, and there were too many Chrises, so he ended up being known as CBass/Sea Bass

And, on topic, awesome submission!

JadenKale

Josephus wrote:Reminds me a lot of this google-searched image:
::snips pics::

Oh SNAP!

nitro230 wrote:Yes, I too would like to see the original design. I really liked this shirt because it reminded me or Mordor, but if you made one that looks even closer, I would like to check it out. Thanks

This is the time I thank cwarrington for creating ShirtDerbyStats.com. This is quite possibly the only reason I use his site now (because, I've learned to not trust the vote predictions at the site).

Nitro, Click Here for Patrickspens' initial design. You'll also see he removed it twice before it was rejected. (he misspelled 'Admission' on the one that ultimately got rejected and before that, he tried to be witty and use no text) Also, he removed two of the 'hobbits' from the entry gate.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

two thump up for the great use of the negative space, idea and excellent execution! GMV

Hunglo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hunglo

This shirt Ownz!!!

now stop making shirts and get back to work!!!