lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
jasneko wrote:hehe so true!
This is really cute lucky, love the colors and the animals are so cute. Though how'd the rabbit and bear get so fat just eating broccoli?;)

Thanks janesko. The rabbit and bear would raid the trash bin at an Arby's nearby, but it closed down because of the bad economy.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

I'd love to see this one make the grade Jewel, and I'm sad to see it out of the top.

I'm rooting for you, and best of luck.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
powerslaveintime wrote:Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads up. It was just the first place my mind went to when I thought of national parks for some strange reason. I have been a woot member for years, and have already made several purchases over at kids woot for my son, but I am new to these shirt derbies (this is the third week I have entered something) so I am still trying to get a feel for the community, but I definitely like the way the site has almost a sense of loyalty and family to the regulars (who do some amazing work).

No worries, man. You'll come to discover that there are a slew of unwritten rule to these derbies; I'm sure you'll catch on quick

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jmmbell1987 wrote:My school's undergrad program is just plain, ol' Literature and Criticism. Of course, I plan on pursuing a master's in British scaffolding. :P

I wouldn't try combining scaffolding and linguistics. They tried that with the Tower of Babel, and we know how that worked out.

Also, I like that there's a small woot english snark-factory in Southern N.E.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Giant Sequoia

I am very worried about how not in the hotness this shirt is.......I must have it. I also have to gift it to a botanist friend of mine from back in California.

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
jewsykid33 wrote:wats goin on in this logo?

I've provided a link in my comment( directly above your's, as it happens ), to a full print-size version of this design. Worth a look and should leave you in no doubt, as to 'what's goin' on etc'..:]

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

Sooo, this whole fiasco was sure interesting to read. What happened to the resub?

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Redundancy National Park

This is just weirdly charming enough to get my vote. Good job this week, Boots.

mrwednesday

Jaiyla wrote:Sooo, this whole fiasco was sure interesting to read. What happened to the resub?

He removed it because he doesn't want people who weren't around to know that he had it rejected again. Whenever he has a rejection and can remove it he does. Kind of weak if you ask me.

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
Re: Tower Search

Really like this - would definitely purchase. I love your color choice. It's refreshing to see somebody move away from the green shirts. The gray makes the green picture pop. It's adorable & I love the cute animals!

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

I see what you did there.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

get it back in the fog

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
mrwednesday wrote:He removed it because he doesn't want people who weren't around to know that he had it rejected again. Whenever he has a rejection and can remove it he does. Kind of weak if you ask me.

It was also rejected? Are we sure?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bearysoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearysoft
Re: Campfire Tales

A must have!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
kylemittskus wrote:It was also rejected? Are we sure?

why would he remove it? he only does that when it's NOT moving up the hotness, so he can resub it again

mrwednesday

kylemittskus wrote:It was also rejected? Are we sure?

Saw it get resubbed. Watched comments flowing in most of which said "dude, it's still the same shirt you just added some trees on the side." To which ramy responded, "I didn't want to lose the lung effect but I felt the extra scaffolding tacked on the side made it different enough." He then went on to list why everything else in the fog was off topic and how that made his ok.

Woot then came in and stamped the rejection noting, "it's still the same concept, dude, gtfo" (not a quote per se). After which ramy promptly removed it.

Not the first time might I add. If you check his stuff on SDS there are a few shirts that got rejected that I never even saw before. His little japan collage got rejected the first time around too but I have no idea why.

agenthenry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agenthenry
kylemittskus wrote:The only shirt I'd buy. And sadly, I don't think I'll be able to but I voted anyway.

catch it on the reckoning if it wins!

gummygod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gummygod
Re: Carlsbad Caverns - Bat Caves!

really diggin this design

Iridox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iridox

If you re-do this on a black shirt and blend the colors into the shirt so it isn't a hard box, this could totally be a winner.

dxsmachina

quality posts: 114 Private Messages dxsmachina
mrwednesday wrote:Woot then came in and stamped the rejection noting, "it's still the same concept, dude, gtfo" (not a quote per se). After which ramy promptly removed it.

Actual rejection, I quote: "A Breath of Fresh Air (Resub)

Rejected because: It is really, really well done, but the concept's the same. It's just been done too much."

I left the browser window open cause I was watching the comments for the photos of halftones. =/

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Jaiyla wrote:Really like this - would definitely purchase. I love your color choice. It's refreshing to see somebody move away from the green shirts. The gray makes the green picture pop. It's adorable & I love the cute animals!

Thanks so much Jaiyla! Your comments are much appreciated=) I wasn't sure what people would think of the gray!

Vote!

gr3ygoos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr3ygoos3
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

I love this shirt. I guess it got rejected because of the price is right referance. It may e ™. O well.

Btw. What's with the no video game referances. Every week for the last 3-4 derbies they say no video game referances. What does national parks have to do with video games??

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

kajjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajjak
picasserole wrote:Print-size Image Here!

I really like the style and colors, but I don't think the T-Rex should have actually bitten off the Stegosaurus's tail. Not only does it look silly in the first place, but the tail's not "in" right-- you can see the back bottom row of teeth overlapping the tail, as if it's hanging out of a hole in the Tyrannosaur's mouth. lol

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Floating Rock National Park

There's an odd charm to this design. It makes me wonder how the fellow enjoying the sunset got to his floating rock, and if he really thinks the view is worth it. Good stuff.

Kex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kex
Re: X-treme National Park

michael bay national park

Stop voting for shirts that you would never buy or wear, it says "I'd want one" not "I like this"!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Wildlife in Nepal

Very nice, I love that tiger!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: bear back national park

If only there were a version of this with a fabulously sexy moutie guy in some go-go shorts, I would wear the hell out of it!

romeosixtytwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages romeosixtytwo

Awesome design! hope it gets made!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Here's a full image of the design, since in the comp the tee covers up some of it, as pointed out by imsochady;)

Vote!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
MasterWolf wrote:This is by far the most beautiful shirt this week. Great execution of the theme, beautiful vibrant colors. GMV and can't wait to buy it.

"I... want to go to there"

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
kajjak wrote:I really like the style and colors, but I don't think the T-Rex should have actually bitten off the Stegosaurus's tail. Not only does it look silly in the first place, but the tail's not "in" right-- you can see the back bottom row of teeth overlapping the tail, as if it's hanging out of a hole in the Tyrannosaur's mouth. lol

I spent a considerable chunk of time on the details you described so well and you may take that to include the 'silliness', of t-rex getting lanced through the bottom of the jaw, courtesy of the tail of one freaked-out, 'steak-o-saurus'! lol???

Although there appears to be some uncertainty, as to the degree of flexibility and exact purpose of Stegosaurus's spiny tail, I like to think of it as a magnificent weapon, especially useful when pursued, by the fiercesome jaws of a ravenous T-rex.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Really great illustration! I laughed at that goofy bear as well. I would definitely be in for one if it makes it to the top.

morddu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morddu

I love the design. Any chance of a color shirt version?

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: 8 bit mountain National Park

Striker, not that I agree with how he said it, I do agree with ueberRegenbogen.

You really needed to stick to one pixel size and make the whole design in that pixel. Woot ran a 'pixel' derby in '08 and it was incredibly difficult to do, so I understand why you had some problems making this. If you try to rework this later for something else, I would recommend you use a grid in your design program to help you remain consistent.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
mrwednesday wrote:

Woot then came in and stamped the rejection noting, "it's still the same concept, dude, gtfo" (not a quote per se). After which ramy promptly removed it.

huh, i never realized if you get rejected you can make it vanish.

KaylaJ

jmmbell1987 wrote:With my absolute, incontestable authority over all things related to the English language (because I'll have an English degree this May), I declare that you can say "kitty". There shall be no debate over this, unless a fellow English major rises to challenge my rule.

awww thanks, and for that i won't call english major hippies as much

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
Re: Broccoli National Park

This is so awesome, but... but... I actually really like broccoli, so I could never wear this ^^; GMV anyway <_<

KaylaJ

AdderXYU wrote:"Kitty" is way too crude a form. "Kitten" is much more becoming of a scholar of Kayla's education.

its time like this i wish i had a psychic's degree to talk about schodinger and his kittens, a nursing degree to ask about cat scans, or at least a bank to throw up banker cat, alas i have a history degree which means the closest i can get is calling you kittens but spelling it khitan

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
KaylaJ wrote:its time like this i wish i had a psychic's degree to talk about schodinger and his kittens, a nursing degree to ask about cat scans, or at least a bank to throw up banker cat, alas i have a history degree which means the closest i can get is calling you kittens but spelling it khitan

Could you, at the very least, go on about how in Egypt cats were treated as gods? I'd find that rather fitting for you, Kayla.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Broccoli National Park

broccoli, now if we could get some half mooon smiles in there somewhere.GMV