kolorblindd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolorblindd
Re: Land of Wonder National Park (Resub)

Ahhh! I can't believe the other one got rejected.

I'd vote for it,but I feel the bunny throws off the shirt.

If you enter the other version(s) at another site, please let us know, I'd like to pick one of them up.

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
ramyb wrote:The shirt was indeed rejected and I removed it, just because of the way that woot has things now where the shirts stay in their current ranking in the middle of the contest when sorted by votes. I couldn't remove this one because it was outside of its first 24 hours.

so its got nothing to do with the fact that you tried to pass the exact same idea off again and would have to stand all the naysayers telling you they told you so? or the fact that some people posted pictures of an absolutely terrible print of your previous win? those facts didnt factor into your decision at all?

Aznmidgetboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aznmidgetboy
Re: Gummistone Park

would definently get this shirt!

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

this is hilarious.

shawnstruck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnstruck

Aside from the reference materials having such a sweet backstory, this is a really great print, almost wood-block like. I would happily fork over or borrow the money to get this shirt.

dijin

Re: Fresh landscape

Nice design. Should get more votes

dijin

Re: Damnit

hah made me laugh

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
kender42 wrote:Your attitude is terrible. I simply put it as a question for your explanation. No vote for you simply for your poor attitude.

Learn to be civil.

People were being pretty snarky with him; I think had the right to be a little annoyed. It's not like he was being overly abusive--cut the guy a little slack.

KelleeMitchell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KelleeMitchell
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

By far my favorite design of the derby.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
MEMANIA wrote:If the shirt isn't animated, I'm not buying. FALSE ADVERTISING!

Seriously though... it's like a mind trick to make you look at this submission, because you think you see something move and you're not sure so you focus on the design more than others.

Very clever.

Hi MEMANIA,

I'm glad you think it's clever, but "false advertising" it is not. I can't think of the last time I saw an animated t-shirt on someone walking down the street

I do try to call some extra attention to my submissions, but I really do think the design is solid and I just want people to have fun with it. To my knowledge, there is no rule against putting an animated gif in the thumbnail, and I'm always looking for creative ways to showcase my work, to give it an opportunity to be seen, particularly when it's in competition with such other great designers.

nic22380

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nic22380
graffd02 wrote:I'll send you a message after 60 days if I don't get an honorable mention, I'll put it up on cafepress or somewhere comparable (cafepress can get a bit expensive for the buyer I'd like to find a cheaper alternative for my shirts that don't make it...)

In the meantime I fixed the shirt now go over and re-vote!

So long as you're starting a list, could you let me know too if this gets printed elsewhere? I like this version better, but I did re-vote.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
tenieldjo wrote:XD I'm not trying to be a smartass, I just think it's funny to think that all physicists are psychic. Comes with the territory.

lol, that's what happens when i try to spell physics at 4:30 am

Bolthad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bolthad
Re: X-treme National Park

If this doesn't print I will never buy another woot shirt. This needs to be on our currency, it would be the only stimulus the country would ever need.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
JesseBYAH wrote:Hmmmm well, you could possibly swap the two main colors - make the rest of his uniform a dark brown (hat and pants) and make the shirt a kelly green or something. I'm not sure. Sorry you're not getting more votes, this is a very creative design =( stupid colorful stolen sequoia shirts be dammed! (not tgentry's- you know which ones I'm talking about)

Yeah... Next derby I'm going to try and go brighter... Most of my recent shirts have been on the darker tones.

I know there's more important things than votes... but... idk... I guess I need to call more attention to myself... I'm going to start commenting on EVERYONE'S designs... and argue... just for the sake of arguing.

Not really.

I do appreciate your comments and yeah... I know what stupid shirts you're talking about.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
marmls2m wrote:so its got nothing to do with the fact that you tried to pass the exact same idea off again and would have to stand all the naysayers telling you they told you so? or the fact that some people posted pictures of an absolutely terrible print of your previous win? those facts didnt factor into your decision at all?

If you didn't notice, this thread is still here and you can say anything you want on it As for photos of my recent shirts, I didn't realize anyone had posted any, but I'd be glad to share my own photos of them (Since I didn't see the photos myself, I wasn't sure which shirt you were referring to, so I figured I'd do my last two to be safe)

My camera isn't the best, but I think you can get a pretty good idea of how the shirts look. The newer one really looks like it glows on the shirt (I keep looking at it and expecting it to glow in the dark- it's really too bad it doesn't)- and the halftone printed amazingly well, it really looks like a gradient ;) I was a bit worried about the dark color I used, but it's definitely bright enough to be visible too. It's *slightly* more yellowish in person than it appears in the photo, but other than that it's pretty true to the design. I'm definitely pleased with how it printed.

As for the blue moon shirt, the halftone on it printed well too and looks like a nice mist/fog. It's been washed too, and it didn't fade at all. I think I want to get in the habit of posting photos of my shirts from now on.

So anyway, enjoy- and to answer your question, No. It had nothing to do with those things

sirensmask

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirensmask
Re: Autumn Mist Tours

I've never written a comment on this site till now, and I simply have to say I greatly desire this shirt.

Hopefully my vote will help in the long run.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
blammoed wrote:I agree the silhouette is a very nice choice. :] I also really like the buck.

Thanks blammoed and bassanimation

ThomasSue

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ThomasSue
KaylaJ wrote:futurama calls their park on the moon luna park as well, so maybe you'll get some nerd votes!

That's why I voted. I like the whalers on the moon.

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull
JadenKale wrote:I can only figure it was rejected due to the 'Smokey' hat reference, seeing that is copyrighted.

That's probably true. Real explanations would be nice sometimes...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ramyb wrote:

So anyway, enjoy- and to answer your question, No. It had nothing to do with those things

And as we all know, you are a trustworthy sort of guy whose word is his bond. Nowhere is there copious evidence to the contrary.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

endangeredomega wrote:If only there were a version of this with a fabulously sexy moutie guy in some go-go shorts, I would wear the hell out of it!

Mmmm, I agree so very emphatically. But not go-go shorts. Some lovely thom browne shorts, jauntily rolled. Wait, wait! This Bottega dude, YES. I'd go to Bear Back National Park with him.

But, still: long-ago voted on behalf of my brother, as I don't wear shirts with women on them. Even though I love the joke... so maybe a winter sleepshirt. Yes, definitely a winter sleepshirt. Okay, voted for myself, then. The design is just so cheeky, I can't resist.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Checklist of Things to See and Avoid

Subtle, I like it. I agree that the mongoose should be next to the snake, not under it.

theinvisible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theinvisible
walmazan wrote:I do try to call some extra attention to my submissions, but I really do think the design is solid and I just want people to have fun with it. To my knowledge, there is no rule against putting an animated gif in the thumbnail, and I'm always looking for creative ways to showcase my work, to give it an opportunity to be seen, particularly when it's in competition with such other great designers.

Wow. Your "bad English" sure improved in a hurry.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

I'm going to be a Sad panda if this doesn't print.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

kinzyblackmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinzyblackmer

I know about John Muir's eye accident, but i don't know why you have his eyes covered. Does it have something to do with his writings? I so love to look at his eyes in his photos. They say so much. Please let me know why you illustrated them covered?

glitchigo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitchigo

oh man, it needs to at least double its current votes to get into the fog.....scaffolding! I really want this shirt. Come on guys, we gotta brainstorm on how to get more votes....mail-in campaign? rally in the streets? commercial during the superbowl?

bakefy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakefy
ThomasSue wrote:That's why I voted. I like the whalers on the moon.

http://www.westrealm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/luna-park.png

Sorry I am posting this so late... but there is the full size detail... unfortunately others will beat mine, so it won't get printed... but there are your whalers on the moon, second 'A"

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
jerroul wrote:Nice! I love your use of color!

I agree, great colors - very pretty Mikan!

chickendog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chickendog
Re: Damnit

I came out of the woodwork to say that I love the hell out of this design. I have too many woot shirts already, but I'd buy this one in a heartbeat.

romeosixtytwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages romeosixtytwo
Re: X-treme National Park

There's an obvious flaw in the voting system. Great shirts are not made over night, and simply because other shirts have had time to accumulate more votes, does not make them the best. If all designs were given an equal start, the results would be vastly different. At the rate this design is gaining votes, I would like to think it would make it to the top, but that is unlikely. Good designs will be forgotten, great designs may never be made...

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
Re: Please Adopt Me

Spell check...animal.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
kolorblindd wrote:Ahhh! I can't believe the other one got rejected.

I'd vote for it,but I feel the bunny throws off the shirt.

If you enter the other version(s) at another site, please let us know, I'd like to pick one of them up.

I agree.

JadenKale

romeosixtytwo wrote:There's an obvious flaw in the voting system. Great shirts are not made over night, and simply because other shirts have had time to accumulate more votes, does not make them the best. If all designs were given an equal start, the results would be vastly different. At the rate this design is gaining votes, I would like to think it would make it to the top, but that is unlikely. Good designs will be forgotten, great designs may never be made...

And maybe good designs will have a better chance elsewhere or... ::GASPS:: how about a chance as an HM in a Do-Over Derby? At least all of those start at the same time.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
JadenKale wrote:And maybe good designs will have a better chance elsewhere or... ::GASPS:: how about a chance as an HM in a Do-Over Derby? At least all of those start at the same time.

My friend (also participating in the derby) and I were talking about just submitting to Woot directly as opposed to derbying.

The derby is fun, but it does seem that if you're not one of the first bunch to submit (or if you don't have an internet army), it's very tough. I see a handful of things in this derby that I would loooove to have, but just won't make it.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
walmazan wrote:I can't think of the last time I saw an animated t-shirt on someone walking down the street

How about after I buy the shirt, I walk down the street flailing my arms and legs...yay animated bear shirt! LOL, I'm a dork.

I think the gif idea is very, very smart. There is definately nothing wrong with wanting folks to view your work, or wanting to make it stand out from the crowd. ^_~

PS: I went to your portfolio site...you are the awesome!

romeosixtytwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages romeosixtytwo
JadenKale wrote:And maybe good designs will have a better chance elsewhere or... ::GASPS:: how about a chance as an HM in a Do-Over Derby? At least all of those start at the same time.

I'm new, so not the most informed. I still think the system could be more efficient though.

JadenKale

bassanimation wrote:My friend (also participating in the derby) and I were talking about just submitting to Woot directly as opposed to derbying.

The derby is fun, but it does seem that if you're not one of the first bunch to submit (or if you don't have an internet army), it's very tough. I see a handful of things in this derby that I would loooove to have, but just won't make it.

Just be ready to get the thumbs down from ProfHotPants if it's not to her liking (which, oddly enough, happens quite a bit, even when they DO like something).

iwantthatshirt101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iwantthatshirt101
graffd02 wrote:I've had multiple people telling me that I'm not following rules... I'm just telling them that I am... Devil's tower is a National Landmark in a National Park... And then they quote the rules wrong to me... I'm correcting them... what do you want me to do throw a tea party? I'll bring crumpets if you want... I just want to make fun shirts... please let me without jumping all over me.

You are following the rules fine and dandy, this idea how ever is just terrible, my thumb cascades all the way down Devil's tower

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
ramyb wrote:

My camera isn't the best, but I think you can get a pretty good idea of how the shirts look. The newer one really looks like it glows on the shirt (I keep looking at it and expecting it to glow in the dark- it's really too bad it doesn't)- and the halftone printed amazingly well, it really looks like a gradient ;) I was a bit worried about the dark color I used, but it's definitely bright enough to be visible too. It's *slightly* more yellowish in person than it appears in the photo, but other than that it's pretty true to the design. I'm definitely pleased with how it printed.

so you wont acknowledge that the color on the blue moon shirt is terrible? also, what the hell happened to your cauldron shirt? its got an outline. and the coloring for the book and cat are much much brighter than they were in the comp.

GrandpaStu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrandpaStu

bwhaha i freakin love this shirt. i think i'd wear it for a week straight.