chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
walmazan wrote:Hi MEMANIA,

I'm glad you think it's clever, but "false advertising" it is not. I can't think of the last time I saw an animated t-shirt on someone walking down the street

I do try to call some extra attention to my submissions, but I really do think the design is solid and I just want people to have fun with it. To my knowledge, there is no rule against putting an animated gif in the thumbnail, and I'm always looking for creative ways to showcase my work, to give it an opportunity to be seen, particularly when it's in competition with such other great designers.

Hey! Keep doing what your doing with the gif thumbnails. I think its a very creative way in getting attention. It's not even remotely close to 'False Advertising' as people claim. Just like those M&M chocolate commercials. Whenever I open a bag, I don't see any walking and talking chocolate. People just need to be sensible when it comes to these things.

gone!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Kex wrote:michael bay national park

HAHAHA, you know, I'll have to add a helicopter and a sunset later! Oh, and a tank..

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
marmls2m wrote:so you wont acknowledge that the color on the blue moon shirt is terrible? also, what the hell happened to your cauldron shirt? its got an outline. and the coloring for the book and cat are much much brighter than they were in the comp.

I'm not keeping up with derby threads anymore so I don't know what else has been said, but the two photos seem to match up well with Woot's mock-ups on the respective product pages. The greens on the cauldron design are a bit different, but ramy said the actual shirt has more yellow in it, which accounts for the discrepancy. The darker colours matche too - they're not "much brighter" compared to Woot's comp. And I don't see any outline that wasn't in the comp.

Blue Moon is especially surprising - the photo looks exactly like the mockup, in my opinion. So while you may think the colour is "terrible", your issue is probably with the colour chosen for the design - the print actually matches the comp really well.

Of course, I'm only looking at Woot's comp right now. I'm too lazy to look up the derby entry shirt comp, which may very well use different and/or darker colours than printed. If that's the case, carry on. But the prints certainly seem to match up with Woot's product comp...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
kajjak wrote:Ohhh, it was supposed to go through. XD

I obviously failed to realize that; the dark colors deceived my eyes. ;P

Worth noting, that this started out as a desktop scribble, which I then ported to Illustrator to complete. Not a 3D graphic with models, where one might well make the kind of mistake you thought I'd made. I've had that experience, as I'm sure have all others, who've ever worked with 3D apps, though to render a scene without noticing such a glaring irregularity...

Ginnna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ginnna
Re: Late Night Sequoia

Another art-theft-shirt got through... The rejectionator obviously fell asleep at the wheel.

*claps loudly*

WAKE UP! You've got more trash to throw out!

You love this signature. It's awesome.

ryman7456

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryman7456
Re: Campfire Tales

Great Shirt

Ryan DePrekel

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: dig it

I just couldn't let it go...

krwdserfur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krwdserfur
Re: X-treme National Park

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it wins!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
theinvisible wrote:Wow. Your "bad English" sure improved in a hurry.

Haha, My wife help me with the translation, I couldn't by my self, but my spanish is awesome!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
CrescentDebris wrote:Big thanks everyone for your comments and support! My birthday is actually this week so a print would be a total KICK ASS gift!

I'd say you have 1st locked this week. So Congrats! And happy birthday!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Land of Wonder (Final)

Okay the big fat white rabbit must've been sleep-deprivation or something on my part guys... but after some much needed rest, I got back on and created this for you, so get back on and lets see how high I can get in a day... maybe an honorable mention?

if not I'll send tells to the 5 of you who've asked for the shirt after the customary 60 day waiting period as to where I'll be getting this one printing cuz dag nabbit, I want one too...

Thanks for all the support, this is the first of my shirts (other than the operation, organ harvest shirt) to get this sort of attention and I'm quite excited!

SamirNagheenanajar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamirNagheenanajar
stingray69 wrote:Subtle, I like it. I agree that the mongoose should be next to the snake, not under it.

Perhaps the mongoose, it stalks from below...

No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right.
It's not that hard: Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.

Dulcar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dulcar
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

I also agree that it would be better without text.

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
jmsisco6 wrote:That's not the only park in Utah you find those brilliant-colored rocks - Zion is another and sounds better as a title ;)

Yeah, I know, I used to live in Utah and I've been to all of them. Title it whatever you want, but there are no arches like that in Zion.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
AdderXYU wrote:And as we all know, you are a trustworthy sort of guy whose word is his bond. Nowhere is there copious evidence to the contrary.

your post adds nothing of value, no critique to this or any other piece, yet it remains in the thread. that is why you are full of c.r.a.p.

Happy Beer.

walmazan

Re: Damnit

Pure awesome!, GMV!

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

THis shirt needs more votes. I want it very badly.

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

Alright, so if the halftones can be so fine they can look like a gradient then why does woot reject some shirts and not others?

hajile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile

Neat shirt. I like it. I think it's very much on topic.

As much as I DESPISE asphault shirts, you probably couldn't do it in any other color.

Maybe on any given derby I wouldn't vote for this, but considering it's the ONLY thing I'd consider wearing here... I'll vote it up.

walmazan

KIDA26 wrote:THis shirt needs more votes. I want it very badly.

yes, It's epic! I love it!

scruffypup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scruffypup
dxsmachina wrote:This is so adorable. I really like this. =D

A definite must have! Very cute... the little mountain in the corner of the shirt is the finishing touch!

jabberjaws13

mrwednesday wrote:For serious, take a deep breath and calm down a little bit. I know you feel it's sinful to question or criticize the all knowing ever designing ramy, but two things:

1. The lung effect puts this is danger of rejection, which for any artist but ramy would be a near certainty given the substantial similarity to the shirts already posted.

2. As many females have already stated, this is just not a shirt that pairs well with boobies especially for our lovely full figured ladies.

A slight shift away from the lung effect alleviates both concerns. I'm not sure why you'd be against a ramy shirt getting wider appeal?

i didn't need to calm down. you can't interpret tone in a post unless everything is in caps or something. i am just tired of bashing ramyb. it's old, it's played out, just plain l.a.m.e.

i do not support every ramyb shirt, only the ones i want, like the lungs one. in fact i don't support any artist all the time. i like some of tgentry's, bootsboots, drakxxx, binkdrop, genericsmith, jadenkale, jasneko, etc etc etc but i don't vote for every design, nor do i comment on every design. if i like a design, i vote and usually comment my favorite part. if i don't like a design i don't vote and only comment if it was one or two things that turned me away, mainly only when i have a suggestion. like pottery training, i begged for a bright shirt like lemon, the artist switched it and it got 4th or 5th. io was mad because i couldn't have it, but also because i thought did my shirt suggestion keep it from printing? if it is just horrible i keep my comments to myself like any normal person should do.

woot is clear that posts should be constructive criticism, not a thousand posts of "i hate ramy, he does the same thing everytime, shiny desu, halftones, blah blah blah blah". it's l.a.m.e. and really old. you don't have to like every designer, you don't have to like their style, you don't have to vote for them, and you most definitely don't need to bash the designer for making money. that is what this contest is about, making money. if you want to design things for the "art" of them, trying to sell tshirts may not be for you.

anyway, i need to climb back down off my soap box. i am not saying any designer is better than any other, i am just tired of negative nancy (adder) and wally whiner (kyle) never giving constructive feedback. i feel like they wait specifically for ramyb to submit anything and then spend the next six days trying to bash him rather than using that pent up energy to support others they believe in.

so anyway, good luck to everyone.

Happy Beer.

jshrop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshrop
Re: Giant Sequoia Tree

Seriously?? C'mon! Are you kidding us here?

jabberjaws13

HalfWheat wrote:Gee, defensive much? I didn't say it should be changed, I just said that it might be a deal-breaker for me, personally. Not the whole universe, just my personal anatomy and lifestyle. And I said "might." Maybe I could pull it off, maybe not. Haven't made that decision yet. Something to think about.

i should have added a smiley face to the end of my post. you can't tell tone with a post, and i was joking about back placement, meaning right now the women complain about front placement, but back placement would receive the same complaints from people not wanting wings. anyway, i wasn't trying to be defensive.

Happy Beer.

BRussell4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BRussell4
AdderXYU wrote:People such as Olechka and Brainbox have finagled multiple prints at other sites, even after their work has been proven to be mostly tracework of other people's pictures and, in the latter case, unaltered thievery of old sci-fi illustrations.

The fact is, somewhere down the barrel, people decided that art doesn't belong to the artist. Not in an MP3 downloading way, but in a "you made this, so I'll take it, and sell it as mine" way. This site alone, week after week, fails to see how trite, derivative, and even stolen work is WRONG, and the antithesis of art.

Edit: which is, by the way, one more reason woot needs to knock voting's importance down a peg.

The voting is important it allows woot to actually gauge what the consumer wants and provide it instead of random guess work.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
jabberjaws13 wrote:your post adds nothing of value, no critique to this or any other piece, yet it remains in the thread. that is why you are full of c.r.a.p. and need to d.i.a.c.f.

no better than anyone else with the last part.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Josephus wrote:I just couldn't let it go...

I dont think you understand, you're still using a photo. rejectionnnnnn

KaylaJ

bakefy wrote:http://www.westrealm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/luna-park.png

Sorry I am posting this so late... but there is the full size detail... unfortunately others will beat mine, so it won't get printed... but there are your whalers on the moon, second 'A"

yeah, but where are the gophers?!

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain
Re: 8 bit mountain National Park

I'm not sure this has more than 6 colors, because the dark green is the shirt color:

White
Grey
Black
Light Brown
Dark Brown
Light Green
Dark Green (shirt color, doesn't count)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eHalcyon wrote:I'm not keeping up with derby threads anymore so I don't know what else has been said, but the two photos seem to match up well with Woot's mock-ups on the respective product pages. The greens on the cauldron design are a bit different, but ramy said the actual shirt has more yellow in it, which accounts for the discrepancy. The darker colours matche too - they're not "much brighter" compared to Woot's comp. And I don't see any outline that wasn't in the comp.

Blue Moon is especially surprising - the photo looks exactly like the mockup, in my opinion. So while you may think the colour is "terrible", your issue is probably with the colour chosen for the design - the print actually matches the comp really well.

Of course, I'm only looking at Woot's comp right now. I'm too lazy to look up the derby entry shirt comp, which may very well use different and/or darker colours than printed. If that's the case, carry on. But the prints certainly seem to match up with Woot's product comp...

shame on you! get off your butt and take a look!

-seriously, the submitted shirt's cauldron's base was much darker, the book was completely different, the halftones inside the glowy firey swirly green stuff were so fine you couldn't see them; it was much different. It didn't have those nearly white lines that ended up on there. I was really annoyed because ramy seemed to have lied when he posted a closeup of the design that showed the halftones much larger than the seem to be on the original submission- they looked like the final print file looks, and not like the original submission.

edit: other than the coarser halftones, I don't have any problem with the small changes that ramy made- they all seemed to improve the shirt some, and hopefully will make the really dim things show up that probably would have been too dark to see. I don't know about those white swirls, though- they look kind of out of place.

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
Re: Respect the forrests, dont pee on the trees...

I like it, and except for the tree design it's kind of a throwback to the 70's tshirt designs. Alas, I can't vote for it because forest is spelled wrong. Can't go walking around with mispelled words on my clothes!

acaudel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acaudel
Re: Muir is my Homeboy

Just went to Muir Woods National Park last week! I wish they had this shirt at the gift shop!

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque

KaylaJ

Josephus wrote:shame on you! get off your butt and take a look!

etc etc etc

i agree about the swirls, i don't like that change at all. i would've been kinda upset if i didn't pay attention to the close up on buy day since it was different than the derby shot,had bought it and it came like that cause like you said they're just so kinda out of place.

but i guess i learned a lesson to really look at the close up shots before i click the ridiculously big yellow button.

KaylaJ

where did the last page go?

woot, its back!

mdexb2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdexb2

This is a fantastic shirt, I would be really upset if it didn't make the cut. And I don't understand why people don't like the text. Personally, the text is what makes it so funny to me. "Look son, a tree!"

sarahbau

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahbau

I really want to buy this shirt (probably two of them), but it doesn't look like it's going to make it, simply because it was posted a bit late. It's getting way more votes per 3 hours than the top ones, but it's only gaining on them at about 150 per day at this rate. It doesn't look like it's going to make it to the fog. It will likely end up 6th. The current top ones are OK, but this one is just so much more epic.

weirdpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett
endangeredomega wrote:Nicely done.

Thanks alot!

ngc604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngc604

I would buy two of this shirt. One for me and the misses. Love the design.

ajdhausen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajdhausen
Re: Gummistone Park

I love it. I wish this was real park!