jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
kender42 wrote:Yup a video game reference indeed. I only say this b/c they completely ignored the TMNT comic origins and instead called it a video game reference. Since they made a Justice League video game it must be a video game reference by Woot! logic.

Point well taken, but let us hope that wrong decisions aren't going to be compounded.

huhnjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huhnjo

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
benjaminleebates wrote:This looks so familiar like I've seen it in a past derby or on threadless... hmmm maybe I am wrong, RAMYB would never do that... LOL

I agree that this does look familiar...can't quite place it...maybe something from the dino derby that was also a shadow-box type design? Though I appreciate the departure from the normal ramy design, not liking the outline at all, I think it would really awkward on a woman.

kokonator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokonator

kokonator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokonator
Re: A Proper Burial

yea! this shirt rocks! i'm getting 10!

absenceofanecho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absenceofanecho

Without the picture, the slogan wouldn't make any sense. I think it'll be alright.

I like the idea and the execution. GMV.

Re: Oops!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Campfire Tales

In honor of colbert I'm going to call this MASSIVE. I don't normally like/appreciate/respect cute but this is good. Very nice.

jerroul

Irrelevant wrote:My favorite shirt of yours to date.

Well done.

I'd pick one of these up.

Ditto...this really deserves to fog

ptony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptony
Re: NATIONAL PARK'ED ARK SUPRISE

Last night I was stuck between trying for a kids shirt or something else, so it turned out abit of both.

weirdpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett
Re: Unsung Heros

A tribute to the Park Ranger!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

I like the feeling and great use of the color gmv!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

mikenytola wrote:And for using a photo.

Rushmore is the name of the mountain. Much older than the park. which is named Mount Rushmore National Memorial. It's possible that they don't want a reference like that, but it seemed to me that it was within the rules. And the photo is MY own work. I photographed the carving myself, standing under his nose and looking up at it. there are no questions of copyright there, since it belongs to me. I explained all of this to woot in my submission, so all I can do is wait to see whether I understood the issues as I made the entry.

tcanning

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcanning
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

I will absolutely one for me and one for my brother. Love it!

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
kender42 wrote:Like the the memorial the Native American's are making that still isn't done.

BTW all you need is an established area to have a park. You don't really have to build anything.

Really? I know a guy who knows a guy who's cousin's grandfather helped lay the plumbing for Old Faithful...

I realize that the idea behind a park is that it's natural and stuff, but the idea of the government deciding to build a better mountain, and then never getting around to doing anything with it made me giggle.

And it took me a whopping fifteen minutes. But you could never tell that from the high quality illustrating.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Wildlife in Nepal

Based on the Chitwan National Park in Nepal.

Featured wildlife: the Ganges Dolphin, Bengal tiger, Asian Elephant, one horned Rhino, the crocodile...

Feedback and votes appreciated - thanks!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Our Newest Park!

Nice but is that a photo? I ask because it looks much more detailed then the rest of the comp.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Valhalla National Park

Hey where's the rainbow bridge?

jerroul

Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

Good illustration of how my lungs feel when I go up to Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks. The air is sooo fresh and crisp and full of pine scents, it almost hurts to breath!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
tjost wrote:Hey where's the rainbow bridge?

It's out of service from the months of september through march.

graphix6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graphix6
lexaverial wrote:Is this a photo?

NO ! this is not a pic thank you very much ! I dare you to go find one like it !

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty

I love it, as per usual. I think out of my 15 woot shirts, about 5 are Ramyb. Keep up the good work!

Littletygerkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Littletygerkitty

Being of the "fairer sex" I must say that there's not a chance that I would wear this. It's a nice design, and the colors are pleasing, but I'd prefer guys weren't imagining what my lungs look like under that shirt.

graphix6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graphix6
mvngsth wrote:This is a really good looking design but I would have liked it more had it faded out on the edges of the design and maybe not filled all of the shirt. Good looking design though.

Thanks for the suggestion , how would you go about that !

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Forest Adventure

i wouldn't wear it but it's a very nice illo. good job.

choumore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choumore

Enjoy this week's work!

Larger view:
http://i37.tinypic.com/ek5hnc.jpg

Shirt color: Royal Blue
5 colors total

Comments appreciated!

Re: What? Of course not mine!

choumore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choumore

duplicate

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35867]Urban National Park

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
Josephus wrote:

Rushmore is the name of the mountain. Much older than the park. which is named Mount Rushmore National Memorial. It's possible that they don't want a reference like that, but it seemed to me that it was within the rules. And the photo is MY own work. I photographed the carving myself, standing under his nose and looking up at it. there are no questions of copyright there, since it belongs to me. I explained all of this to woot in my submission, so all I can do is wait to see whether I understood the issues as I made the entry.

I may be wrong, but I think they have rejected things for images being made from photos, regardless of who took it. But like I said, I may be wrong.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

this is awesome! definitely worth my vote, still going to buy it, still going to wear it.

the usual haters will still come out in masses with "blah blah blah hate hate hate whine whine whine i never leave my basement" type of comments but the fact is this is great. good job, gmv.

Happy Beer.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
jasneko wrote:Huge limestone caverns with millions of bats.

is this on orange? love it!

Happy Beer.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: MORDOR NATIONAL PARK

I am consistently impressed by your skills. The depth of this comp is amazing.

Carpathian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carpathian

Makes it clear that you have some real skills Ramyb. I for one appreciate the effort to do a take using some new design styles, whether or not this specific one is a hit.

patrickspens

quality posts: 8 Private Messages patrickspens
Re: Giant Sequoia

really nice look and feel to this one. and thanks for the heads up on my spelling fail.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Re: MORDOR NATIONAL PARK

Great! VIdeo game references are out now so let's move on to nerd movie references!

corporatefelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corporatefelon
benjaminleebates wrote:This looks so familiar like I've seen it in a past derby or on threadless... hmmm maybe I am wrong, RAMYB would never do that... LOL

For me it instantly reminded me of a design from fullbleed.org. The liquid Lungs shirt. http://www.dobi.nu/fullbleed/29.htm Although two different directions, very similar in idea.

bowlingtraindude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bowlingtraindude
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

Love the idea...but pink on baby blue? I'll pass.

irulan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages irulan

even though I will look nerdy, I need this shirt.

GMV

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
omnitarian wrote:THERE IS NO WAY THAT TOASTER COSTS 40 DOLLARS

Good times

Oh yes. I love The Price is Right.

GMV, and hopefully $$.

MiStOrHoTsHoT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiStOrHoTsHoT
Re: Violent Hare

Lol... Monty Python

bryozoan