+ Add a Comment

kmcelroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmcelroy
Re: The Scenic Route

I love the Redwood National Park! Especially the driving through trees part.

boink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boink
jasneko wrote:Ha, made me smile and I like the style.

How poetic.

groosalugg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages groosalugg

Oh, no - this doesn't look anything like this one:

terrencegf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrencegf

Reminds me a bit of minimoose from Invader Zim.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annathered/3707141665/

boink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boink
ahaeg wrote:Have you ever hugged one of those huge suckers? It's in out-of-body-experience. SOOO OLD.

The moose or the tree?

fsudanielle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fsudanielle
Re: MORDOR NATIONAL PARK

totally amazing! hope it wins b/c i want one!!!

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell

I would totaly buy 3 and give these to anyone who read the books or watched the movies. But I'd still keep one for myself. Nice touch w/the two hobbits and Gollum in the corner.

rivergirl2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivergirl2
Re: Oops!

funny. In a morbid way.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

BaldBob007 wrote:I don't know... this from the guy who didn't want to see generic forest/deer designs...

The irony isn't lost on me (in fact it's the reason I added the deer to begin with) however this one isn't generic, it's very specific. I got the notion to do it after talking about how I expected to see shirts that just had generic trees or mountains or animals with no actual ties to National Parks. After making that remark I thought about how someone could feasibly do such a shirt if one of the above things was very specific to that park, which made me immediately think of Sequoia trees. Once I got the image in my head of the red bark against the green leaves and background, I pretty much had to do it. But I did go out of my way to make sure it tied to the park and was National Park specific, not generic, which was my original gripe/concern.

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
jerroul wrote:I love your back story...almost as much as eating the little darlin's...GMV

I agree. GMV too.

HollidayStudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HollidayStudios
terrencegf wrote:Reminds me a bit of minimoose from Invader Zim.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annathered/3707141665/

the actual mini moose is different from my design especially in shape though the attitudes are some what similar. http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/S/shrimpysteph/1121492035_minimoose.jpg. . . although I will admit the moose you showed me had an erie resemblance to my own design . . . . hmmm.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
graffd02 wrote:BOOK REFERENCE... BOOK!

darn you peter jackson for ruining my favorite books!

Great design, but...
If elements of the shirt weren't so EXACTLY like the movie, it could pass. But it is, and so it shouldn't...
In the mean time, check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COkrsPzEmrI&feature=fvw

HollidayStudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HollidayStudios
HollidayStudios wrote:the actual mini moose is different from my design especially in shape though the attitudes are some what similar. http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/S/shrimpysteph/1121492035_minimoose.jpg. . . although I will admit the moose you showed me had an erie resemblance to my own design . . . . hmmm.

hmm let me try that link again

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/S/shrimpysteph/1121492035_minimoose.jpg

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
Re: Redundancy National Park

Most excellent, Boots... I love the humor that you portray in your designs. Good luck!

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Very cool design, I do have a question though.

Would this be up for video game rejection the same way the Ninja Turtle design last week was? There have been at LEAST 5 or 6 Lord of The Rings video games... I think even back to the Super Nintendo.

Or is it a question of time between publishing and translation into a video game?

I *DON'T* want to see this rejected... I just thought I'd ask for future ruling's sake.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

choumore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choumore

Enjoy this week's work! For no reason I got Shaggy's "it wasn't me" stuck in my head, thus the title.

Larger view:
http://i37.tinypic.com/ek5hnc.jpg

Shirt color: Royal Blue
5 colors total

Comments appreciated!

laurafoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy
groosalugg wrote:

Oh, no - this doesn't look anything like this one:

...because they both have trees?

I really like this, GMV

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Please Dispose Of Thoughtfully.

Very wearable. I like it.

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Smokin'

Fire Warning: Extremely High Today.

idroodit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idroodit
albinoapple wrote:Great! VIdeo game references are out now so let's move on to nerd movie references!

I agree. This is just as bad as if it was Mushroom Kingdom National Park just for the sake of being a reference. The art looks really nice but its almost exactly like LotR even down to the actual name. This both lacks parody and is quite off topic imo.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
fifteensmiles wrote:Love this, voted for it. Think I would like it even more without the bottom text, though.

I agree. I think the visual tells the joke better than the text. I'd still buy it as-is though.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
jewelwing wrote:Thanks guys! I didn't get much sleep last night, you're right ski.

I live right next to a national park and if someone tells me there's lots of stuff to do here and then says to go hiking one more time... I swear...

LOLs....deer hunting?

This looks really neat. I can see myself wearing it.

prlester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prlester
Re: Hades National Park

Great entry! I love the way this captures the style of the vintage NPS posters.

imsochady

Hehehe, great job on the coloring!

imsochady

Re: Gummistone Park

Hahah, I think this is the one rule I have to break. Great job!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Excellent art but I do not like the reference pandering. I'd much rather see your original artwork.

edit:

I think the rejection is fair but I'd be absolutely pissed if I were Patrick. These rejections are only handed out to good artists it seems. If they are going to reject this, a dangerous concoction should have had a swift Sunday rejection as well last week. I swear woot is determined to make sure quality artists do not stay here long......

imsochady

TurboGraphx16 wrote:Don't really like it, not my style at all, but it's still got my vote ... because it's ramyb ...

What is wrong with you!?!?

Sweet lookin' background. Good job!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Forest Adventure

Is the shirt comp not loading on anyone else's computer?

imsochady

Re: Campfire Tales

3 colors of amazingness! Bravo my friend!

mrwednesday

Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

I'm glad to see you finally branching out instead of completely relying on the shiny swirlie crutch you've been using the last several derbies.

It's unfortunate you went with the lung effect. I don't really like it that much as it looks awkward on the shirt. It should be grounds for rejection due to similar shirts existing but you dodged that on listen to your conscience so this will probably fly too.

If you left the tree where it was and sinply expanded the design area to an oval I think it would look much better and also alleviate any chance of rejection.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Radscoolian wrote:Is the shirt comp not loading on anyone else's computer?

I see it.

lindab53

jasneko wrote:Based on the Chitwan National Park in Nepal.

Featured wildlife: the Ganges Dolphin, Bengal tiger, Asian Elephant, one horned Rhino, the crocodile...

Feedback and votes appreciated - thanks!

Better! Voted.

mrwednesday

matto1985 wrote:kind of funny, but this shirt makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

Probably because her package is bigger than his.

lindab53

Re: Joshua Tree Sunset

Very nice.

mrwednesday

Re: Giant Sequoia

Generic trees/deer aside you really did a great job of capturing the coloring on the trees and the lighting is phenomenal as well as the depth. I've not been to Sequoia national park but I have been to several redwood forests and this is spot on.

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: Welcome to Monolith Park

I Found My Thrill
On Monolith Hill
On Monolith Hill
When Implanting You

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH

Hahaha, I love how this is still in the fog when you sort by votes.

mrwednesday

How'd you sneak the .gif in as the thumbnail? Might want to be careful, woot might count that as misleading the voters.

kokomo321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokomo321
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

Definitely a winner! one of my favorite Price Is Right games!

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali

The concept is really funny, and the illo is great. Congrats on a design full of win!