+ Add a Comment

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
odysseyroc wrote:I agree. I think the visual tells the joke better than the text. I'd still buy it as-is though.

And I agree with this person agreeing with the other person. I thought the same but didn't want to bring it up but I do think the bottom line is unnecessary and maybe a bit anti-climatic after seeing the picture and laughing. But regardless, its still fantastic and I imagine it will make it.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
Re: MORDOR NATIONAL PARK

I had a feeling this one would get rejected. Regardless, great job on the art work.

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

This is so true and the layout is superb.
So many good entries this week!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Redundancy National Park

This shirt makes me laugh. And want to buy it. And laugh.

Check out my blog:Here!

kokonator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokonator
Re: A Proper Burial

this shirt rocks! i'm going to buy 10!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: The Last Park

Sometime in the future... The whole world's gone urban. Here's all that's left of our national parks.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
paulkremer wrote:Excellent illustration as usual, tgentry, but I'm not feeling this one as far as something I would personally wear...but don't worry, I'll be snagging the doughboy for SURE!

Seconded. Word for word.

derekfilley

Re: Campfire Tales

When did woot allow animated .gifs for their design detail views? cool!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: The Last Park

I like the idea but this feels too much like a city park and a comment on urbanization than a national park design.

silverfire302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfire302

If Patrick's Mordor shirt got rejected, then this should be rejected too :X

Same concept... Same 'landmarks', too.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
mrwednesday wrote:
If they are going to reject this, a dangerous concoction should have had a swift Sunday rejection as well last week.

How do you make that connection? You can argue it was off topic all you want but it surely wasn't blatant copyright infringement.

Anyway your artwork is great patrick, I look forward to seeing some of your non-pandering entries in derbies to come.

Ksig22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ksig22
Re: A Heavenly Little Hike

This reminds me of what I've felt like here this last summer at Everglades National Park.

derekfilley

It's funny, 'cause it's true.

jewelwing

CrescentDebris wrote:And I agree with this person agreeing with the other person. I thought the same but didn't want to bring it up but I do think the bottom line is unnecessary and maybe a bit anti-climatic after seeing the picture and laughing. But regardless, its still fantastic and I imagine it will make it.

I was really torn on whether to add the bottom line or not. Could have used some opinions on that, but there wasn't any time after I stayed up all night to finish it. If it's not your thing, well, the type is small so most people passing by won't get a chance to read it anyways.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
kylemittskus wrote:My only problem is that the animals don't look like bears and I don't think bears eat grass.

They're not bears, but, yes, bears do eat grass. Not sure if they eat all kinds of grasses, but sure that they do eat some.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Origin of the Feces

The night was dark, the sky was blue...

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
groosalugg wrote:
Oh, no - this doesn't look anything like this one:

Firstly...Ramy, I think this is a nice change(coincidentally a 'breath of fresh air'?). It's nice to see you not rely on 'cute' to get you through. The colors are very *you* (contrasty) but different as well somehow. The similar shirt in question looks really close, but hopefully the detail/subject matter will make the difference.

Anyway, in response to that quote up there...a lot of shirts use negative space(specifically, trees) to make up the rest of their image. Are you going to say they are like this one too? I just don't see how several smooth jungle trees(complete with animals) is the same as a very branch-y tree implying lungs. :\

jewelwing

mrwednesday wrote:I like the idea but this feels too much like a city park and a comment on urbanization than a national park design.

But if all the plants were gone then whatever was left would become a national park. The government isn't going to let one city has the whole thing for themselves.

It is a comment on urbanization tho.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air

It reminds me of The Devil's in the Details, but less ominous. For the record, I'm not saying is similar enough to cause rejection, I'm just saying that's what it reminded me of.

It's pretty, and I like the blue on a brown shirt, but I have to say that the lung placement might be a deal-breaker as far as me wearing it.

marzipanapple

Hahaha, oh my god.

PLEASE win. I have never wanted a shirt so badly in my life.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
braideef wrote:Make Antarctica one giant national park movement!

That would be the Arctic. No polar bears in Antarctica.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
kokonator wrote:this shirt rocks! i'm going to buy 10!

thanks stranger. thanks to everyone who supports me.

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: It wasn't me

What's the mark above the eye on the one on the left?

marzipanapple

Re: Campfire Tales

Adorable. I love the use of the shirt color and I really love the crudely drawn park ranger. Great work.

billratio

mikenytola wrote:I had a feeling this one would get rejected. Regardless, great job on the art work.

seconded

paxetaurora

quality posts: 1 Private Messages paxetaurora
Re: Gummistone Park

I would love a green shirt and this design is full of win. GMV!

sugareeali

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
lindab53 wrote:Better! Voted.

Thanks linda! Glad you like the changes - your feedback was good... I think it came out much better.

Vote!

sugareeali

Re: Our Newest Park!

I agree with everyone. The text is what I noticed and made me go "wow"!

jmaerzke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmaerzke

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

I really hope this wins. It's just great.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: MORDOR NATIONAL PARK

C'mon Woot, let's be consistent. This gets rejected, so should this one: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35830

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

sugareeali

Re: Luna Park

I love this. It feels like a t-shirt you would be so incredibly happy to score in a goodwill.

emilysp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilysp
SailorButterfly wrote:C'mon Woot, let's be consistent. This gets rejected, so should this one: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35830

I agree- what is okay about that one but not about the one patrick did? And if he changed the eye, would that do the trick? Anyone know what the rules are?

straightshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straightshooter

I don't understand why people leave the comment "nice, but I wouldn't wear it". Saying "I wouldn't wear it, but good job" has a bad sportsman ring to it. Sorta like "good game, loser". Say, "the composition is wrong" or "your color scheme is off" or "I'd like to see it on a different color shirt" or some other type of constructive critism instead of just blowing off hot air.

billratio

marzipanapple wrote:Adorable. I love the use of the shirt color and I really love the crudely drawn park ranger. Great work.

the park ranger is awesome

billratio

silverfire302 wrote:If Patrick's Mordor shirt got rejected, then this should be rejected too :X

Same concept... Same 'landmarks', too.

i feel like this fits the theme a little more though. even though that's not why it got rejected. this one has more of the park advertisement feel.

renovatioxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renovatioxii

4 rejections so far and this one is still going, so far so good.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Joshua Tree Sunset

kinda neat but i dont see it as on topic.

choumore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choumore

bulging veins in the temple. = furious.

HalfWheat wrote:What's the mark above the eye on the one on the left?