ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:I find it oddly appropriate that W T F changed to 'Watching the Films' XD

what'd ju say... I can't hear anything but badger,badger,badger,badger,badger,
badger,badger,

badger,badger,badger,badger,badger,badger,
mushroom, mushroom!

shibz0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shibz0r

Am i the only one wondering why the shirt is dubbed navy, yet it looks distinctly green on my monitor? Am i having a stroke?

Tweakish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tweakish

Why is the snake eating his tail!? If I had a tail I probably wouldn't eat it...

zoniax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zoniax
FierceDeityLink1 wrote:COMPLETE
GLOBAL
SATURATION

Hilarious. If we buy this shirt, do we have to release it into the atmosphere via stealth bomber, or can we just wear it?

Hansel. So hot right now. Hansel.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
shibz0r wrote:Am i the only one wondering why the shirt is dubbed navy, yet it looks distinctly green on my monitor? Am i having a stroke?

Get thee to a doctor. It's definitely navy.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

I've resisted wooting some cool shirts over the past several weeks

but this is really great

so . . . N41!!!!1!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Tweakish wrote:Why is the snake eating his tail!? If I had a tail I probably wouldn't eat it...

It's a twisted (literally) depiction of the Ouroboros.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

OmniSilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OmniSilence

Ah Miss Monster, I love your shirts and designs, seems like the only thing I'll buy from woot anymore is one of your tee's. The fact that Wesker makes such an early appearance in this thread just adds to the overall awesomeness! Thanks for the wonderful shirt, can't wait for it to get here!

LorenzKong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LorenzKong

Well now I know what an Ouroboros is and I look smart by improperly using it in conversation

iloveengl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iloveengl
theinvisible wrote:So, what's the small green bit of snake on the left connected to?

It's connected to the end of the tail. follow the tail down, and you'll see a shadow just behind/under the big green loop, then that shadowed part curves into the green section you see.

I like the multiple infinity signs within the design.

ViperEagle

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ViperEagle
zoniax wrote:Hilarious. If we buy this shirt, do we have to release it into the atmosphere via stealth bomber, or can we just wear it?

That totally made my night/morning.

I do have to say though that this shirt reminds me more of a dog biting its tail than the more standard depictions of Ouroboros.

Thdudeabides

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thdudeabides

The only reason I'm buying this is to wear when I follow up on "free kitten" ads hahahaha I've wanted a snake shirt ever since I saw a big free kitten sign this summer.

Before I get hate mail from PETA, no, I don't have a snake and no, I would NEVER feed a kitten to a snake.

nmarus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmarus

Anyone else think it looks like a watermelon?

whollypotatoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whollypotatoes

They were right. I do taste like chicken.

giro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giro

Gotta love the Zebra reference. Haven't heard of them in a while.

contraba55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages contraba55

Anyone else catch the Secret of Evermore reference?

drock777

quality posts: 5 Private Messages drock777
FierceDeityLink1 wrote:COMPLETE
GLOBAL
SATURATION

OUROBOROUS!!!!!!!

paxetaurora

quality posts: 1 Private Messages paxetaurora

I believe the condition is actually a Finnegans Wake reference. ("Riverrun, past Eve and Adam's...") Eve and Adam's, snake, etc. etc.

joeyishellagood

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joeyishellagood

Looks like something one would find in the Chamber of Secrets...

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

man, another snake eating itself? c'mon woot I already have one of those!

pfffft!

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

Badgers?!?! We don't need no stickin badgers!

Doverhere

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere

Just plain ridiculous . . .

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
paxetaurora wrote:I believe the condition is actually a Finnegans Wake reference. ("Riverrun, past Eve and Adam's...") Eve and Adam's, snake, etc. etc.

Wow. People actually read Finnegan's Wake?!

oculus1857

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oculus1857

Been a looong time fan of Miss Monster so I love the deal on this piece of art by her. w00t! indeed. Considering the meaning of 'Ouroboros' this would make perfect sense for me to rock this at the gym. Love it.

Zombieland Rule No. 1 Cardio

mokona7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mokona7

And I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side

host47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages host47
DCno10 wrote:In case anybody is confused.

Though he should really be forming a circle.

THANKS!!! I was so like watching the films at first... weird how woot already had a better version of it on a shirt already. Who's running this back there?!

Keep Woot's Servers Alive: host47.com/woot

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

Tool also makes passing reference to this symbolism, they use it in the visuals at their live show (from last year anyway).

freakin awesome concept!

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko

Hm... I'd get it if it weren't for the green and purple color scheme. Mainly the purple

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko
shibz0r wrote:Am i the only one wondering why the shirt is dubbed navy, yet it looks distinctly green on my monitor? Am i having a stroke?

I wonder if you've been out drinking with my friend? She's been looking for this chemical that if you put it in someones drink, everything looks green the next day. Maybe she found it XD

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

I'm not sure I get the concept here....

I like the colors, but I can't stand snakes. Don't think I could wear this shirt... just knowing there is a snake on it... not for me.

shibz0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shibz0r
SaintWacko wrote:I wonder if you've been out drinking with my friend? She's been looking for this chemical that if you put it in someones drink, everything looks green the next day. Maybe she found it XD

You mean, a roofie?

ResidualChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ResidualChaos

I'm not going to purchase one, but I do love the concept of Ouroboros as fleshed out in this design. If it were a dragon I'd be all over it, for myself, but I do love the realism of the snake here. It works.

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos

not a very convincing bite.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady

Same here. Woot 'navy' always seem greenish on my monitor too. But when I display it on an lcd tv, it looks like the actual navy.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

this shirt says "I wanna hurt myself, but not in a straightforward kind of way"

Arand3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arand3

This kind of remind of "Too Hungry" from back when shirt.woot.com was just a baby: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1480316

eleuthero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eleuthero

I'm running a Dell m1330 -- looks a dull forest green on low and high bright settings whether or not it is magnified.

ladynightshade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladynightshade
Arand3 wrote:This kind of remind of "Too Hungry" from back when shirt.woot.com was just a baby: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1480316

Possibly because Ouroboros is an ancient symbol that both designs are based off of.

(as someone else posted this link, please enlighten yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros)

RealMenFinishLast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RealMenFinishLast

Stupid snake...

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
imsochady wrote:Same here. Woot 'navy' always seem greenish on my monitor too. But when I display it on an lcd tv, it looks like the actual navy.

http://www.photofriday.com/calibrate.php