oramified


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oramified

ummm.... where is Cincinnati's famous chili dog's!!

Hot dog topped with mustard, onions, chili, and cheese. I've never heard of half of these hot dogs and I will bet that most people have heard of a chili dog. Who designed this shirt anyways... FAIL.

Woots: 36 (58 items)
Sellouts: 8 (13 items)
Shirts: 19 (20 items)

aliencam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliencam

What is a Phoenix hot dog? I live here, and occasionally eat a hot dog, but I don't know about any phoenix traditions...

johnkc8jzo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnkc8jzo
oramified wrote:ummm.... where is Cincinnati's famous chili dog's!!

Hot dog topped with mustard, onions, chili, and cheese. I've never heard of half of these hot dogs and I will bet that most people have heard of a chili dog. Who designed this shirt anyways... FAIL.



Seconded! Skyline all the way!!!

isparabola


quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

I wonder if Canada has a famous hot dog.

Like one covered in poutine.

oramified


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oramified
johnkc8jzo wrote:Seconded! Skyline all the way!!!



ooooo.... i don't know... I might have to side with Dixie, then Skyline, then Goldstar.

Woots: 36 (58 items)
Sellouts: 8 (13 items)
Shirts: 19 (20 items)

drewcp


quality posts: 20 Private Messages drewcp
muddylemon wrote:No Toledo? The only cultural touchstone of that poor benighted city is Tony Packo's hungarian chili dogs.



Hey! We have lots of pretty glass too. That's why they call it ya know..The Glass City. Toledo doesn't need "cultural touchstone's" not being in Michigan is good enough.

amberr2131


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberr2131

This is shenanigans. Phoenix did not create the Sonoran Style hotdog. That honor goes to Tucson/Nogales.

IseWise


quality posts: 3 Private Messages IseWise

I lived in Memphis and I didn't even know there was a style of hot dog from Memphis. I think the artist might have stretched reality a little here.

VeronicaBeats


quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats

so who all just joined the "National Hot Dog and Sausage Council"?

http://www.hot-dog.org

This has been an awesome thread.
I didn't know that us americans were so serious and particular about our hotdogs.
this is awesome!

amberr2131


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberr2131
aliencam wrote:What is a Phoenix hot dog? I live here, and occasionally eat a hot dog, but I don't know about any phoenix traditions...



It's a Tucson thing. They are wrapped in bacon- topped with magic and deliciousness. I highly recommend them.

aoviss


quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

Should be two slices like at Poochie's or Mage's on Dempster in Skokie (Irving's).

Wheres the cheddar fries?

Hate the shirt, but love Chicago vienna beef dogs so much, I bought one.

I shall wear it proudly.

lunartan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
weasalbalwarrior wrote:Where's the Carolina Dog?!?! Mustard, chili, onions, and cole-slaw what else could you need?


antacid and an available bathroom

johnkc8jzo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnkc8jzo
oramified wrote:ooooo.... i don't know... I might have to side with Dixie, then Skyline, then Goldstar.



Really? Truth is I've never tried the Dixie. Guess I'm at fault cause I'm 50 mi. north of Cincy. But I have seen the cans of Dixie at the local stores. Guess I'll have to give it a whirl. Skyline over Goldstar still holds its place though

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
KaylaJ wrote:lol, well we were talking about red shirt the other day.

sadly i cannot get this as i am unable to have a hot dog, nor do i want to get into a hot dog conversation


hehe, had to laugh at this. Good point!:D

Vote!


sallythedoctor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sallythedoctor
jel2301 wrote:There appears to have been a tragic crime scene on Memphis' dog.



That would be scarily accurate. It's also the first thing I thought when I saw it.

hookemhorns212


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hookemhorns212

They should have put these hot dog toasters on sellout or regular woot. I have always wanted to try one out.

kmcavin65


quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmcavin65
VeronicaBeats wrote:Woah!
Im totally moving to Iceland!
Lamb HotDogs?
Heck Yeah?
Bjork?
Heck yeah!



Would this guy lie?

/fixed

VeronicaBeats


quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats

Ohhh.
I have identified the contents on the Jersey dog.
Its a mix of relish and mustard, AKA Hotdog Relish.

I guess i have to eat my words, and buy the shirt.
Then it the tasty and delish looking shirt.

NonWhiteWhiteBoi


quality posts: 2 Private Messages NonWhiteWhiteBoi

i'm protesting no SF or SD....

oramified


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oramified
johnkc8jzo wrote:Really? Truth is I've never tried the Dixie. Guess I'm at fault cause I'm 50 mi. north of Cincy. But I have seen the cans of Dixie at the local stores. Guess I'll have to give it a whirl. Skyline over Goldstar still holds its place though



It's definitely a close call, and you can't always trust the taste and preparation of the canned chili from any of them. I live in the area, and nothing beats Dixie. I might also be partial to Dixie because Dixie made it popular, and Skyline followed.

Woots: 36 (58 items)
Sellouts: 8 (13 items)
Shirts: 19 (20 items)

joebeimon


quality posts: 3 Private Messages joebeimon

Where is Cincy? A Dog City for sure!!!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

HalfWheat


quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
aoviss wrote:Should be two slices like at Poochie's or Mage's on Dempster in Skokie (Irving's).

Wheres the cheddar fries?

Hate the shirt, but love Chicago vienna beef dogs so much, I bought one.

I shall wear it proudly.



Gene's and Jude's! Portillos! I sit here and weep for lack of a decent Vienna dog on a poppy seed bun! I am WEEPING, I tell you, sobbing at the sadness at having no poppy seeded buns encasing beautiful Vienna dogs in this wasteland of mediocre tube steaks....

I can't buy this shirt. If I did, I would probably try to eat it.

cs6ranger


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cs6ranger

Need more clarification on the Michigan, Flint Style or Detroit Style coney?

Proud owner of a 52" LCD TV from a 4/1/09 Boggy Old Creature

jkjkat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkjkat

What did the zen Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?

Make me one with everything.


What did the hot dog vendor say when the zen Buddhist asked for his change?

Change comes from within.

Yarr.

VeronicaBeats


quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats

but seriously........ Chigago Dogs are kinda cancellation and redundant.
What is the purpose of a pickle, and a cucumber on the same dog????

blueflamedazn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blueflamedazn

what's the deal with Seattle? sour-cream?

When in doubt, drop a banana peel and book it.

johnkc8jzo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnkc8jzo
oramified wrote:It's definitely a close call, and you can't always trust the taste and preparation of the canned chili from any of them. I live in the area, and nothing beats Dixie. I might also be partial to Dixie because Dixie made it popular, and Skyline followed.



Well, this has prompted me to do a Google search . . . nice learning experience. I see they have a restaurant in Newport, so I might have to check it out the next time I cross the river. I know the can (or the frozen meal) doesn't do justice to the real thing served up properly. But yeah, been wondering about the Dixie.

imtall


quality posts: 2 Private Messages imtall

mmmmm, that chicago dog makes me soo hungry.

chris0115


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris0115

"New Jersey puts taters on theirs"

I've lived in New Jersey all my life, and I've never heard of potatoes on hot dogs. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great, but don't credit me with stuff unless I actually get to have it D:

psumek


quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek
kdickerson wrote:I think the Phoenix is bacon wrapped and covered in chili cheese. This makes me happy.



Too bad they don't serve that here. Ironically the best dog in Phoenix is from a Buffalo eatery. Maybe the bacon is the slashes that Ted's put in their dogs. Maybe.

Azmamacita


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azmamacita
xazothia wrote:I'm sad this lacks the Sonoran-Style, which by definition is a Mexican variant but it's becoming increasingly common here in southern Arizona. I can't tell what's on the Phoenix other than it looks like some sort of chili dog... which is definitely my favorite... but that's not the point!

"The Sonoran hot dog may take the phrase "with everything" to new heights. It starts with a hot dog wrapped in bacon. Then you begin piling on the beans, grilled onions, fresh onions, tomatoes, mayonnaise, cream sauce, mustard and jalapeno salsa. Add radishes, cucumbers, whole chilies and even mushrooms, if you want." -NPR



Agreed. Sonoran dogs beat all these by a landslide. Tucson is where its at!!! I don't know how Phoenix even made it on here.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
kdickerson wrote:I think the Phoenix is bacon wrapped and covered in chili cheese. This makes me happy.



MMMmmmm Bacon...

I love bacon cheese dogs. We have a couple places here that make them in Wisconsin.

Azmamacita


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azmamacita
aliencam wrote:What is a Phoenix hot dog? I live here, and occasionally eat a hot dog, but I don't know about any phoenix traditions...



There is no such thing. If they wanted to include Phx they should have shown a hotdog cooking on the hot asphalt. But for a grilled bacon wrapped dog topped w/ pico de gallo, pinto beans, jalepenos and mayo...you need to go two hours south to Tucson.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/dining/26unit.html



Muntoe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe

I don't care where the hell all these hot dogs are from, it's the middle of the night and now I'm really hungry. Thanks a lot woot :c

towerss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages towerss

I think there is rice? Maybe dandruff...on the Boston Dog. I too like others am from an area on the shirt and didn't know of this particular dog pictured. Did this shirt win a competition? It has potential but I think some things need to be reworked. I can't tell if it's meant to be funny or just matter of fact.

icymallard


quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

well i live in the boston area so...
yeh, we put green stuff and red stuff and yellow stuff with white sprinkles on our dogs

dmkooosbc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmkooosbc
KaylaJ wrote:lol, well we were talking about red shirt the other day.

sadly i cannot get this as i am unable to have a hot dog, nor do i want to get into a hot dog conversation





delicious!

http://www.yvesveggie.com/products/detail.php/meatless-hot-dog

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
towerss wrote:I think there is rice? Maybe dandruff...on the Boston Dog. I too like others am from an area on the shirt and didn't know of this particular dog pictured. Did this shirt win a competition? It has potential but I think some things need to be reworked. I can't tell if it's meant to be funny or just matter of fact.



I'm guessing it's diced white onion (the dandruff stuff) with ketchup, mustard, and relish. Not unauthentic, as such, but really, to me that's just a standard dog with the works.

'course, if we're talking custom dogs, I'm most used to the coney island/rhode island hot weiner... bun, dog, mustard, onions, spiced ground beef. Classic.

KaylaJ


quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
dmkooosbc wrote:

delicious!

http://www.yvesveggie.com/products/detail.php/meatless-hot-dog



lol, actually i'm not veggie (by god man! i live in tx!) nor kosher, i just have a stomach that is at war with me.

mesmerelda


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mesmerelda

that's not what we do to dawgs in michigan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_hot_dog