njbeck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages njbeck
alliecatn1 wrote:Sorry this got booted from the top four. I LOVED this shirt, very adorable (though I doubt that is what you want to hear! lol). I would have absolutely bought this one, unlike most (dare I say all) shirts in this derby!



Agreed. Halloween tree was a much better shirt and it is a hallowoot tragedy that it's not going to be printed.

fifteensmiles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifteensmiles
sekiyoku wrote:Well now the derby is over so I'll answer a few questions.

2. Why didn't woot reject it?

I didn't expect the resub to get rejected and it's not surprising to me that it wasn't. The similar shirts that exist are of a black cat in a pumpkin. Black cats have a specific association with Halloween. If there were oodles of shirts with various things in pumpkins, then maybe my shirt would have been rejected, but there aren't, and there definitely aren't any shirts with tigers in pumpkins.



First, this doesn't even look like a tiger to me. Black stripes do not a tiger make.
Second, did everyone miss this link? http://www.zazzle.com/halloween_pumpkin_cat_kids_t_shirt-235388961318306142

aylacgw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aylacgw
Re: The Halloween Tree



Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
That cat in a pumpkin kicked this out of the fog?!
I was so looking forward to getting this shirt >.<
and as someone mentioned above, it does have a "where the wild things are" kind of feel
That cat reminds me too much of puss in boots in shrek >.<
how very frustrating!

Brenzu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brenzu
Re: The Halloween Tree



Darn. I wanted this shirt so hard, it's my favorite.. Please let us know if it gets printed on another site.

chibisabbath


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibisabbath
fifteensmiles wrote:First, this doesn't even look like a tiger to me. Black stripes do not a tiger make.
Second, did everyone miss this link? http://www.zazzle.com/halloween_pumpkin_cat_kids_t_shirt-235388961318306142



That's an orange cat, not a tiger...

Fire101


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fire101
Re: Zombie Vampire Robots from Space (in red)



This was by far my favorite shirt this derby. Too bad it didn't do better.

shadowknight125


quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125
Re: but srsly it's mai pumpkin



I'm sorry but this is still too similar to what you could find in the kids section at any Wal-Mart. I think that they should have rejected it both times. Honestly, the only reason I think it made it as a contender is because it's cutesy and for some reason wooters of late just eat it up. Another reason why I really wish WOOT! didn't offer kids sizes.

nuggib


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nuggib

Really wish this shirt made it, awesome design.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chibisabbath wrote:That's an orange cat, not a tiger...



which could easily be said of both items.

chibisabbath


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibisabbath
Xindra wrote:I really need to find a better website where the majority of voters aren't 10 year olds who vote based on a 'cuteness factor' for a frickin HALLOWEEN THEME.

This is just a disgrace to be in the fog for this derby.



Excuse me? The design is good, cuteness included. The design also VERY MUCH SO relates to Halloween. Learn to see, dude. 1) Cats have always been related to Halloween. 2) A tiger is a good, too, because it's black and orange. In case you didn't notice, black and orange are the colors of Halloween. 3) There's a jack-o-lantern. During Halloween, many people use these to decorate their home.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chibisabbath wrote:Excuse me? The design is good, cuteness included. The design also VERY MUCH SO relates to Halloween. Learn to see, dude. 1) Cats have always been related to Halloween. 2) A tiger is a good, too, because it's black and orange. In case you didn't notice, black and orange are the colors of Halloween. 3) There's a jack-o-lantern. During Halloween, many people use these to decorate their home.



So sayeth CHIBI sabbath

chibisabbath


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibisabbath
AdderXYU wrote:So sayeth CHIBI sabbath



Please inform me how my screen name has anything to do with my points about the shirt relating to a Halloween theme.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chibisabbath wrote:Please inform me how my screen name has anything to do with my points about the shirt relating to a Halloween theme.



Because it proves obvious bias toward the designer's style, making you blind to the fact that it's halloween-ness is not the reason it should have been rejected (since you simply saw big chibi-eyes and hentai'd in your lolita costume, without reading the actual thread outlining the reason this shouldn't have made it to the fog: similar shirts existing, and a previous, hardly different rendition being rejected while this stayed).

chibisabbath


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibisabbath
AdderXYU wrote:Because it proves obvious bias toward the designer's style, making you blind to the fact that it's halloween-ness is not the reason it should have been rejected (since you simply saw big chibi-eyes and hentai'd in your lolita costume, without reading the actual thread outlining the reason this shouldn't have made it to the fog: similar shirts existing, and a previous, hardly different rendition being rejected while this stayed).



If you could get over your superiority complex, you might actually be able to read the fact that I was replying to a specific post about how the design was related to Halloween. If not, let me recap:

Xindra wrote:
"I really need to find a better website where the majority of voters aren't 10 year olds who vote based on a 'cuteness factor' for a frickin HALLOWEEN THEME."

Meaning that the only merit to the shirt was the cute, and that is had nothing at all to do with Halloween.

I replied with:
"Excuse me? The design is good, cuteness included. The design also VERY MUCH SO relates to Halloween. Learn to see, dude. 1) Cats have always been related to Halloween. 2) A tiger is a good, too, because it's black and orange. In case you didn't notice, black and orange are the colors of Halloween. 3) There's a jack-o-lantern. During Halloween, many people use these to decorate their home."

I was not arguing over why it was or wasn't resubbed, rejected, or in the fog. Kindly turn down the "I like to baaawwww at people who have an odd screen name about something I didn't even fully read or comprehend."

carmar08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmar08
iimiszvickie wrote:seki... don't go this low seriously? go design something better... i mean if you cant, at least try. this is well... this is garbage



Seriously what is with the bashing of a shirt. If you do not like it, DON'T VOTE ON IT. Period.

Yes cats and pumpkins go hand in hand. Pictures I see online are something my mom or some older teacher would wear. This Shirt at least has the candle beside it and is cute. Sure I am not a cat person but enough getting onto to someone for it.

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
Re: The Halloween Tree



This was an awesome shirt… you got ripped off.

that was fun while it lasted!

anitablake


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anitablake
Re: but srsly it's mai pumpkin



It's a t-shirt for crying out loud.

sarahmj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahmj
anitablake wrote:It's a t-shirt for crying out loud.



People: stop playing woot god. If you don't like the shirt, don't vote. Don't heckle the artist because of something so stupid. Woot has the ultimate decision whether you agree or not.

I agree with Anita. Can we keep this in perspective here? It's a t-shirt.

P.S. FWIW, I like the shirt.

Boginda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boginda
Re: Happy Halloweiner



I don't understand how to vote!!! I want to buy this shirt!

beccabuckle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beccabuckle
fultron89 wrote:I've removed the earlier entry, so vote on this one! Haha!




How do I vote? I want to vote for your shirt, but I don't know how.

bmer525


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmer525
sekiyoku wrote:
3. Do you have no respect for anything?

First of all, the people who say that this is a slap in the face to Woot or the rejectionator are laughable. Woot doesn't care. If it's not a shirt they want, they will reject it and go on their merry way. It's only a slap in the face to people who hate the design because it was rejected and they were so happy and then it was back. As for the design itself, I spent a lot of time planning it and working on it and trying to make it look cute, and in the end I was pleased with the result, so I do not feel bad about posting or reposting it. And while I appreciate the other shirts in this derby, I won't be buying any of them while I would buy my shirt even if it had been done by someone else. So people just have different tastes, and I think it's unfair to be persecuted for liking things that the vocal minority does not like.



I appreciate the time you spent coming up with a design. I would like to buy it. But It really makes no difference if I wanted to buy it or not. People need to have respect for one another.
Seriously, no one deserves this kind of treatment.
The negativity being purged on the forum needs to stop, because that's not what Woot is about.
POSITIVITY people! BE POSITIVE.
You're taking a good thing, Woot, and turning it into something else negative. The economy's bad, but art has always been an escape from your troubles. Woot is an escape from your troubles. Just focus on your designs and on positive thoughts, and stop making this another NEGATIVE place in the world.

lalexander212


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalexander212

PLEASE let us know if this gets printed!!!!

I cant believe the other shirts beat you out!

solemndragon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages solemndragon
Drakxxx wrote:Giving this one another go guys, so if you liked him before, I hope you like his new costume as well. I promise it's the same creepy little guy underneath. I switched out the red color in my original with yellow for the eyes, and figured that would make the jack o lanterns pop out more as well.

Heres a larger image:
http://i33.tinypic.com/30391u8.jpg

Thanks for the tremendous support everyone, you guys are the best, and I love drawing for you.





/still crushed not to have made it in time for a dark carnival shirt

i love it. I think it's creepy.

AlienZen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienZen
Re: Bats? In my computer?


I WANT!
SELL ME THIS SHIRT!
me want me want me want me want me want!

Kaija


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaija
danwo wrote:Don't be so hopeless! I think it still has a chance to beat zombiecorn/halloween tree and make it to third. Has two more days! Come on Drakxxx!!!!



So Adder, how surprised are you that zombiecorn made 1st & it's looking like the lolcat one is 4th since it bumped out halloween tree at the end???

"Me like the Robert Downey Jr. of Cookies!" - Cookie Monster on the Colbert Report.

mikenytola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
powerslaveintime wrote:i'm GUESSING that it was for copyright reasons, but i do think it was kinda rude for woot to just put "don't think so" as a reason...

doesn't really matter on this one, though, cause i only submitted it last minute as a joke, and expected a copyright rejection.


Am I right that this also takes a stab at a certain "different" cat being put into a pumpkin and Odie is eating said cat? Genius if that is what you intended, on top of that I really like this one, but ya it'll be a copyright issue. Still fun and nice to enjoy.

MysticVixen13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MysticVixen13
Re: but srsly it's mai pumpkin



yay it's in the fog ^.^ *fingers crossed*
Thanks for making such a cute shirt seki I really hope this wins I totally love it. its to bad bout the black kitty but the tiger is still really cute. ^.^

tguardiola


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tguardiola
Re: Were-Pumpkin




I don't get it....

Don't see where to read the description

rickilane


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickilane

Um....I freakin love this shirt!

kissmekoala


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kissmekoala
Re: but srsly it's mai pumpkin



at the least the person didnt give up with the design. She or he tried to make it better and if it wins Im definitely buying one!!! We should look at it form a positive side, she or he is not a quitter!!

drakeji


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakeji

This was my favorite shirt in the derby and I'm sad to see it bumped out of the fog. The top shirts (with the exception of the cat) are good designs, but I won't buy any of them. This was one I would definitely buy.

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
MysticVixen13 wrote:yay it's in the fog ^.^ *fingers crossed*
Thanks for making such a cute shirt seki I really hope this wins I totally love it. its to bad bout the black kitty but the tiger is still really cute. ^.^


^.^ Barfbarfbarf. ^.^










^.^

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
AdderXYU wrote:I got a rock



Thanks for the excellent writeup. It brought me tears of joy... I think that was joy.

ressamac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Please let me know when you have this printed elsewhere. It was a charming design and I really wanted it.

viciouskoala


quality posts: 0 Private Messages viciouskoala
jmmbell1987 wrote:You basically didn't read any of the actual complaints, did you? Amazingly, most weren't unabashed hate, but legit complaints.



Legitimate complaints? Okay, let's take a look at this.

The biggest complaints are: 1. "I hate this shirt because it isn't artistic/original!" 2. "I hate this shirt because it violates the "rules" and never fixed the original problem!".

If you hate a shirt that's not artistic/original, don't buy it. Kind of like any other product you don't like. And feel free to voice your opinion of your hate, just like you would of any product you wouldn't like. Oh wait, you did that, and you filled up the complaints box nicely.

"But this prevented another shirt from making it!"

Yeah, too bad. Lots of things in life are unfair and don't happen the way we want them to. Although I'd say this one falls closer to the bottom of our priorities.

"Well, the design isn't original, and it didn't fix the original problem."

Your point? Care to explain to me why exactly it needs to fulfill your guidelines to not be rejected? I'm fairly sure the only guidelines that need to be followed are determined by shirt.woot. This is no different from any kind of arbitrary standard set by the general public for professional athletes, politicians, celebrities, and so on. People apparently thought that Michael Vick shouldn't be allowed back in the NFL. Why? "He's a bad person and he killed animals!" On the other hand, I'm fairly sure the guidelines for playing in the NFL are: 1. being a player a team wants and 2. Roger Goodell allowing you to play. Not real sure which one of those two says "you can't be a bad person."

Just as hilarious as when people want some celebrities to be perfect role models for their children. Yeah, it would be great for you to be absolved of your responsibility as a parent wouldn't it?? The job of a celebrity is to do whatever the hell they're asked to, not to be role models. If they choose that on their own, great. If not, too bad.

My point in a more condensed fashion: arbitrary standards does not equal legitimate complaint.

"Why the hell did you mention celebrities and the NFL, this isn't even related!"

I needed an analogy someone like you would understand.

"Yeah, well, I'm not the only one who believes this, the community at shirt.woot does too, so it's definitely legitimate!"

Scientific studies have shown that a bad argument made by one person and shared by many others is collectively still a bad argument.

If shirt.woot felt there was a big enough problem (keeping in mind this is a business of some sort), they would fix it. If this method works for the other 100,000 shirts but not 100 of them, do you throw out all the data points or do you ignore the points that don't fit the data?

And please, don't tell me "Shirt.woot has a responsibility to its customer." Every businesses' first priority is to itself, THEN to the customers. Fairly certain that's a model followed by all businesses, mainly because if the business doesn't survive, nothing else really matters does it?

"But it shouldn't be that way!"

Yeah, that and a billion other things. Time to start dealing with it.

Strange, it sounds like a lot of these things are either wrong or just flat out whining doesn't it?

So, doing some basic accounting at the end here, we have:
Number of Complaints/Hate Postings: A lot
Number of Legitimate Complaints: Zero
Number of Loud, Angry Cries for Justice in This World at Shirt.Woot: Uhm..maybe a few?

jmmbell1987 wrote: I wish people wouldn't be so generalizing in dismissing comments they disagree with.



That was specific enough for you wasn't it?

Adubs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adubs
njbeck wrote:Fantastic. I can't believe the tiger in the pumpkin got more votes than this. Sickening. If you get this printed on another site, please let me know.



DITTO -- i want to buy this shirt!

smithn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smithn
Re: but srsly it's mai pumpkin



Here's the thing. Everything Sekiyoku said is true. He (or she) has every right to repost the design with a different color. To all the people out there bashing the design, most of your debates are old hat. Oh no! it's too cute and cheesy. Oh no! it's not a 100% original idea! 1st, obviously people like it. They vote on it. Get over the fact that most people like it. 2nd, woot only makes sure they aren't selling the same thing they've sold before, or breaking copyright laws. If the artist didn't rip other people off, and it will sell, woot will sell it. I like the shirt, and respect the design, as well as sekiyoku's other designs. Keep going Seki!

anw122


quality posts: 1 Private Messages anw122
Re: Kick or treat! Shaolin monk with his begging bowl




I'm sorry this design didn't win :-(

It takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place.

simontsui


quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
Re: but srsly it's mai pumpkin



It's an ugly shirt. I didn't vote for it and I wouldn't buy it even if it landed 3rd place. That's all I have to say.

KaneRobot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaneRobot
smithn wrote:I like the shirt, and respect the design, as well as sekiyoku's other designs. Keep going Seki!



Part of the problem.