Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap
xxchange wrote:I miss the thought bubble.

*sniff* me too.

Get with The Program.

renovatioxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renovatioxii

Ok ok, you guys win. My spelling leaps into the vacuum and so does my grammar. Don't we all screw up occasionally? Even actors have the occasional mis-take!

Re: Jésus Fish!

Tanapangarap

Re: The Beetles

I like this pun.

Get with The Program.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
Re: Night mare

Seki,
I think you still have plenty of time to pull this, fix up the proportions, and resub it.
I'm honestly not trying to nitpick, I do like the idea, but I find the proportions to be disturbingly off.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Catacombs - resub

That's great! I love its ornateness.

Tanapangarap

Re: pair a parakeets

Oh, wow, pretty.

Get with The Program.

Tanapangarap

Re: Play on Words

I like this one.

Get with The Program.

Tanapangarap

Re: Nose Hares

Disturbing, but still like it.

Get with The Program.

debonairlove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debonairlove

Hello, I'm new!

Tanapangarap

Re: air guitar

Yeah, a calming illustration.

Get with The Program.

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: Oceanic Sodium

Of course this is yummy Sea Salt. Hope it's punny enough.

- Enjoy!

For a larger detail pic, click.

renovatioxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renovatioxii

Lol, I don't know what happened with that last comment, "leaps into the vacuum" was supposed to be "leaps into the vacuum". Weird.

Re: Jésus Fish!

hbanzapan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hbanzapan
Re: Family Re-Onion

This is a collaboration with malman42.
And just to be clear, the black is not one of the six colors, it is the shirt color.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 259 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Box Turtles

I think you should resub with the images larger on the shirt.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: pair a parakeets

I love this so much. I had parakeets when I as a kid, and I've been wanting to try out a parakeet design, but I don't think I could top this. If it wins, it's a definite buy for me.

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Box Turtles

Great work as always. Clever, simple and artfully done.

khconrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khconrad
Re: NOMADIC

I assume the pun is the silhouette of the gnome leaning against the tree.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
sailormoontsu wrote:This turned out so great! I love it. It was well worth the late-night party.

Agreed!! And I still think we should have gotten pizza!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Gnomercy

I am going to begin by stating that I am aware that gnomes and flamingoes are common lawn/garden decorations.

However, knowing that you use Gaia online makes me immediately think of the ZOMG mmo and the fact that "Gnomercy" is a name of one of the achievements you can get in said game isn't really helping me disassociate either.

I appreciate the departure in style but I don't think the heavy black shadows are working in this one. Your humor style is dark, but I feel like this image could work better if you pushed it in the more whimsical, brightly colored, ironic direction rather than pushing the sinister aspect of the gnomes.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Another great design boots, it's a good thing you hate puns! haha I also like it without the thought bubble, it didn't really add anything to the design as the rest of the design portrays the message just fine.

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
lucky1988 wrote:It's a pun of the character Burgermeister Meisterburger in the animated Christmas classic "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town." He's the evil guy who outlawed toys in his town.

Burgermeister is also German for Mayor - very funny!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Hedge Hog

I think it is really cute.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
Re: The Beetles

I almost didn't even open this up. It's heather grey (eeeeew, reminds me of an old gym shirt with pit stains), and it was a car. Not something I was interested in.
Then I did open it- and it's really great.
The art is quite nice, and fairly recognizable.

I would also add my 'voice' to those recommending taking off the Paul car's tires, to make it even more instantly 'gettable'.

While chest placement is often awkward for women, I think that this is placed high enough so as not to be strange or awful looking.

.... and please not heather grey. It is of course up to you, the artist, and I support you making the decision that you consider artistically correct- but I really do dislike the color.

So, not trying to be a brat, not sure if this came off too negative. I really do like the shirt. Good job!

johnnykosher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnykosher
Re: Beer Googles

Good idea, not a big fan of the execution though.

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali

What an amazing design! Wow...I don't love the subject but I do love the art.

sugareeali

Re: Sky Diving

I love this! And clever use of the two designs together!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
jabberjaws13 wrote:so as i read threads every week, woman moan about designs being on their chest blah blah blah, yet this one has no complaints. which proves they only complain to dog a shirt, but when they want a shirt it is acceptable.

This shirt doesn't have a pair of something on opposing sides of the shirt, it doesn't have a single, tall+skinny object running straight up the middle, and it's not a design that would wrap under a bust (depending on exact placement and/or anatomy). So why would you expect someone to complain about this?

Jeni0816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeni0816
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=36441]

The biology major in me loves this!!! GMV.

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: Assault and Battery Love Story

Very nice!

I was thinking of doing something similar with Assault and Battery, but I gave up on it. Mine was going to be the energizer bunny being arrested for battery.

Once again, good job!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

I really like the design, but I'm not sure I'm really seeing/feeling the pun here.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: Night mare

I'll probably resubmit this, but for those who say the proportions are off- what are the problems exactly, so I know what to fix?

AliCat713

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AliCat713
theinfinityloop wrote:

As for the design, I like the use of the tails for the concept and I'm a sucker for techie stuff, but seeing the same style is tiresome. I would enjoy this much better if perhaps it was in a realistic, pen and ink style.

If someone actually did that - did a pen and ink in a realistic style with some thought and effort - I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I don't like the fact that this is a resub of an earlier rejected piece that was slapped down for this derby with little to no effort, especially given the amount of work it's obvious some of the artists have put into their submissions.

sugareeali

Re: You Must Whippet

I've never bought more then one shirt of a single design, however with this I may be in for 3. It's so silly but so full of awesome.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Tanapangarap wrote:Disturbing, but still like it.

The hares look waaaaaaaaay too happy =) Man, I love this shirt. So glad it's climbing so fast! Makes me giggle everytime

sugareeali

tgentry wrote:Thank you! If anything kills this shirt it will be people's lack of knowledge about whippets. Hopefully enough people know about them. They are awesome dogs!

Also, I'm supposed to give credit to my wife for mentioning whippets in an unrelated conversation and giving me the idea for this design. Thanks! ;)

I just showed it to my boyfriend who loved it. Then I told him what a whippet was and he loved it more. I don't think you have to know what a whippet is to make it funny. But if you do--hilarious.

satapolar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages satapolar

Not too clear that they're rocks. I'd suggest giving them more "rocky" edges? That would give them the edge (haha punny theme?)

It's cute, love it, would buy.

Re: Rock Band

huhnjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huhnjo
Re: air guitar

GMV!!!

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: Assault and Battery Love Story

This is really cute. I love the "A salt and battery" pun, and this is a really nice take on it. For some reason I really like the shading on the salt shaker - specifically the light gray/creme color over the eyes. Not sure why. >_>

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag

A great laugh. Thank you.

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: 'Up To Me' or 'Turnip'

Went for a dilbert-ey tie kinda look with a retro-ey kinda feel.

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...