evanoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanoe
Re: The Beetles V2

Cabbage Patch Elvis

cabinboy100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabinboy100

[REJECTED!] D'OH!

Re: girl sheep vacuum

Not a pun? It might not be, well, polite, but it's definitely a pun. I thought that using a non-pun literal title and NOT giving up the actual pun would be more fun for browsers and voters, but I guess it was more of a stretch than I'd hoped...

Still, Bigfoot1107 and BootsBoots got it right!

Ewe Suck!

Umm... that's the pun, not a declaration...

It's not a chart climber, but I'm gonna resub with a title change.

platonicsolid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages platonicsolid

Try v4 with some monks crossing a road to an abbey?

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
BootsBoots wrote:Donchoo forget to tell me if this one gets printed somewhere else. I really do want it. It's so good and surreal. Actually, if you don't submit it somewhere else in 60 days, you can look forward to a bunch of harassing e-mails from me.

Thanks Boots. Funny thing about this one is that the Woot artists seemed to like it (based on early voting). Not sure what that means other than I may finally prove myself around these parts. If I want to buy one of yours, I sure won't need to go far. Enjoy the week. 'Cause next week you're going down.

MissFortune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissFortune
platonicsolid wrote:Try v4 with some monks crossing a road to an abbey?

or he could do a different Beatles album...

or use beetle tanks...

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: Arose from the Dead

Sex and death, how Freudian.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
parrotworks wrote:Thanks Boots. Funny thing about this one is that the Woot artists seemed to like it (based on early voting). Not sure what that means other than I may finally prove myself around these parts. If I want to buy one of yours, I sure won't need to go far. Enjoy the week. 'Cause next week you're going down.

I relish the challenge.

cabinboy100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabinboy100
Re: Ewe Suck

This is a resub of "girl sheep vacuum," which was submitted using a non-pun "literal" title, leaving the pun for the visitor/voter to suss out. Alas, the pun turned out to be more of a stretch than I'd hoped, and it ended up [rejected]. I'm resubbing with the actual pun as title/label. The comp and detail are otherwise identical to the earlier posting.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
tjsynkral wrote:Does anyone else see the eerie similarity to this previous rejected shirt?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35816

No.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Mrspott wrote:SHIGWARM please remove this entry so others can go into fog

I think this just made my day!

amberdod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberdod
DianaSprinkle wrote:Oh yeah, no problem. I'll make a list, if you'd like to be notified when/if it gets printed elsewhere leave a comment saying you want to be added.

Please put me on the list. I love your designs.

IncurableHumanist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist

Mrspott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mrspott
HalfWheat wrote:Artists can only remove their entries within 24 hours of posting. He can't remove it.

its been past 24 hours this was posted at lest 2 days ago

Duddles86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86
FhoShplunk wrote:I saw a link to this shirt posted in the comments for another entry but not here.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

Yeah the pun has been done before, but that shirt is not like this one in concept or design. If they're going to keep the computer mice one when there is a design shown that is too similar to it, then this deserves to stay.

Shigwarm

Mrspott wrote:its been past 24 hours this was posted at lest 2 days ago

Which is exactly why I can't remove it. The 24 hour window is closed.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

This is an awesome design! The pun is great! I voted for it the instant I saw it. I hope it makes it into the fog. I'd hate having to wait around until the next second chance derby to get one.

Lagbert

Please Vote:
Murder of Crows

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
kender42 wrote:Why doesn't at least one of the heads have a ninja mask on! Would have gotten you some votes from the people who are still upset abot the TMNT soup shirt.

whoops extra post

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
Re: Steel Wool v.2

soooo, THAT'S where that comes from!

gmv

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

sentrymikasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentrymikasha
kender42 wrote:Why doesn't at least one of the heads have a ninja mask on! Would have gotten you some votes from the people who are still upset abot the TMNT soup shirt.

Rats!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
sekiyoku wrote:Ugh, I know I should refrain from commenting on my thread, because it's always like reigniting the fire, but I can't help myself- it's just too funny. At first this entry is so overdone and unoriginal that there are a billion t-shirts and drawings and god-knows-what of the concept (never mind that the most similar shirt anyone has found is my own previous submission which I acknowledged that this was a reimagining of, and the next closest shirt is a picture of rainbow actual computer mice with googly eyes). Then it's so rare, so unique of an idea that only one person could have ever come up with it and this MUST be stolen (never mind that the mice are drawn differently and the concepts are not the same at all). You guys need to get your stories straight because you really can't have it both ways. :p

This is some beautiful spin on a relatively simple concept. The artwork? Generic and overdone, featuring lifeless looking animals. The concept? Seen before. It can be had both ways.

Lagbert

oops...

sentrymikasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentrymikasha
Re: Wet Dreams

I thought this one would be pretty good, but no one seems to like it. I'm having a lot of trouble making designs that don't turn out to be a waste of, oh, so many hours.

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
Re: The Beetles V2

leave it dude! a great testament to clever wit if there ever was one!

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

Lagbert

It amazed me how many references for The Crow came up when I was doing a image search for reference pictures - I guess it still has a very dedicated fan base even today.

Thanks for the comments this is my first derby entry. It's a lot of work - my hats off to the regular contributors.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Mrspott wrote:its been past 24 hours this was posted at lest 2 days ago

Correct. That's why he can't remove it.

edit: and oops, he beat me to the answer.

EmoryCash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmoryCash
Yeah, it was an innocent comment. No reason to be knockin' boots!

now that's funny.

Mrspott

HalfWheat wrote:Correct. That's why he can't remove it.

edit: and oops, he beat me to the answer.

oops I mis read that I apologize
thats quite a cancellation rule

Mrspott

Mrspott wrote:oops I mis read that I apologize
thats quite a cancellation rule

why did woot change my words? I said cancellation

Mrspott

Mrspott wrote:why did woot change my words? I said cancellation

?!?!?! stop changing my WORDS WOOT!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mrspott wrote:?!?!?! stop changing my WORDS WOOT!

LOL, it's word filters. Get used to them.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Ewe Suck

I really hate it when sheep get stuck in my vacuum cleaner.

pearson96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pearson96
straightshooter wrote:I think I would like it better without the dog & chair - just the "Old Yeller".

I agree -- I started laughing when I saw the little thumbnail, but when I clicked & saw the dog & chair, it lost a little something for me. the dog & chair took away from it but if you just had the old yeller I think it would be hilarious!

kmatherly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmatherly
kylemittskus wrote:If the cat was in a pumpkin, it would be that much better.

I can imagine a cat shoved in a pumpkin. It actually reminds me of a how-to joke:

How to bathe a cat:
1. get soap
2. squeeze soap in toilet
3. grab cat
4. shove cat in toilet, quickly close lid and sit on it.
5. flush toilet.

actually, this could be an alternative to toilet cleaners as well.

anyway a cat stuck in a pumpkin reminds me of an angry wet cat in a toilet.

|
|

ladyzita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyzita
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=36655]Zeta

I really adore this idea. I do think, however, that eta and theta are kind of melded together. It would be easier to see them if they were different colors or something.

Mrspott

DA59 wrote:LOL, it's word filters. Get used to them.

ya but its not a bad word or even a relativity bad word...

Shigwarm

Mrspott wrote:?!?!?! stop changing my WORDS WOOT!

You might just be my new favorite person!

CountDeeno

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CountDeeno
Re: Watchdog

Personally I like it. Possibly resubmit with the gears and cogs instead? I think it'd still get the "Watch Dog" message across.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 28 Private Messages KaylaJ
kmatherly wrote:I can imagine a cat shoved in a pumpkin. It actually reminds me of a how-to joke:

How to bathe a cat:
1. get soap
2. squeeze soap in toilet
3. grab cat
4. shove cat in toilet, quickly close lid and sit on it.
5. flush toilet.

actually, this could be an alternative to toilet cleaners as well.

anyway a cat stuck in a pumpkin reminds me of an angry wet cat in a toilet.

and that reminds me of a calvin and hobbes (hey, its a tiger!) strip where calvin got in the toilet and flushed it and called it his "bath"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mrspott wrote:ya but its not a bad word or even a relativity bad word...

Well, the staff has to have SOME fun, you know. It's also used as a one word description for products a lot.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items