KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:That was the scary part!

Not nearly as scary as all those strange people in the EBW.

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Not nearly as scary as all those strange people in the EBW.

You were in EBW!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Going to look at house again in the a.m. They're offering some of the furniture with the house (negotiated) and I might take them up on it actually.

Pack some on the weekends & over Thanksgiving. Start making a list of all the places I need to call. Sell off some furniture. Get quotes for movers. Hope nothing else major breaks down.

Wow that's quite a list. Is it normal for people to want to leave the furniture? Furniture garage sales really well here, maybe that's why it's less common. Of course I've never bought a house either.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Going to look at house again in the a.m. They're offering some of the furniture with the house (negotiated) and I might take them up on it actually.

Pack some on the weekends & over Thanksgiving. Start making a list of all the places I need to call. Sell off some furniture. Get quotes for movers. Hope nothing else major breaks down.

At least you got even more packed up last week.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:You were in EBW!

Not when I photochopped a lot. I didn't come down here until the Zilla dodgeball. It just feels like I've been here that long.

EclecticMuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EclecticMuse
KtCallista wrote:The sacrifices people make. .. . I don't see why woot has to be one of them. We could've used your help the other night. The new girl mentioned The Hoff.

Ppppbbbbbtttttt :P

SkekTek wrote:Heh. Good for you. I don't even know why I'm posting in there either- I'm obviously not one of the "quality" designers he wants to be winning derbies.

Don't even get me started on him. We had it out my first couple of days here.

KtCallista wrote:I met my hubby in college band too! Well, he was also in my 8:30am math class (which I never attended), and this guy I knew wanted me to help him ask if he could be a roommate, and he lived across the hall from the other guys I met the first couple weeks I was there, it was almost like there was this divine force pulling us into the same geographic space.

I always swore I'd never date a drummer, so I married one instead.

Hahaha you married a drummer! They are a special breed unto themselves. :D

That is so cute. I love band love stories. Twin and BIL met in college band too (and all three of us have the exact same birthday, fun fun!). Hubby was trombone section leader and actually got a degree in music ed and taught middle/high school band for five years before he quit.

KtCallista

EclecticMuse wrote:Hahaha you married a drummer! They are a special breed unto themselves. :D

That is so cute. I love band love stories. Twin and BIL met in college band too (and all three of us have the exact same birthday, fun fun!). Hubby was trombone section leader and actually got a degree in music ed and taught middle/high school band for five years before he quit.

Hehe - The trombone players in our college band were special, not quite as special as the tuba players. . . .

My husband wasn't too much into the drummer thing.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
EclecticMuse wrote:Oh, so you went to the same university I did then? ;)

If you know TBDBITL, yeppers.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Wow that's quite a list. Is it normal for people to want to leave the furniture? Furniture garage sales really well here, maybe that's why it's less common. Of course I've never bought a house either.

No, seems to be their situation. But there's a good looking leather couch they're offering. It's the weathered looking type of leater. I was thinking of going for a leather couch anyway so this would definitely work for a while and save me needing to buy something for a bit.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:No, seems to be their situation. But there's a good looking leather couch they're offering. It's the weathered looking type of leater. I was thinking of going for a leather couch anyway so this would definitely work for a while and save me needing to buy something for a bit.

Oh those leather couches are nice. I hope it's in good shape for you.

EclecticMuse

SkekTek wrote:If you know TBDBITL, yeppers.

That would be The Sound of the South Marching Band. ;)

EclecticMuse

KtCallista wrote:Hehe - The trombone players in our college band were special, not quite as special as the tuba players. . . .

My husband wasn't too much into the drummer thing.

Our tubas were a special lot too. Weird, all of them.

My section (saxophone) was pretty darn fun, but full of KKPsi brothers by the time I graduated.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Oh those leather couches are nice. I hope it's in good shape for you.

Aren't they hot to sit on? Or cold, when you first sit down? Especially in shorts.

SkekTek

EclecticMuse wrote:That would be The Sound of the South Marching Band. ;)

Oookay, apparently not. Unless my alma mater got big enough to start buying other college's bands.

KtCallista

EclecticMuse wrote:Our tubas were a special lot too. Weird, all of them.

My section (saxophone) was pretty darn fun, but full of KKPsi brothers by the time I graduated.

I played tenor.

My junior or senior year the Tuba leaders were doin' uniforms. They decided to clean out the closet and found the old women's marching skirts from the days before women could wear pants, they made them the new official Tuba uniforms. Even after the band got new uniforms (after I graduated) they still wear them.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I played tenor.

My junior or senior year the Tuba leaders were doin' uniforms. They decided to clean out the closet and found the old women's marching skirts from the days before women could wear pants, they made them the new official Tuba uniforms. Even after the band got new uniforms (after I graduated) they still wear them.

I'm about to inherit a saxophone from my parents. Apparently it's a really old one my grandfather used to play when he was a kid. It's really small though. I think it's a curved soprano sax, tho I'm not sure. No tuba players in our family though.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Aren't they hot to sit on? Or cold, when you first sit down? Especially in shorts.

I knew some people who had some, and they were cool, but really comfy and cool in the summer, but our summers aren't that hot.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I knew the Tuba player from Radio City. His brother was the French Horn player.

Night all, so you tomorrow!

The dog lifted his leg on the lightpost next door. Then he changed his mind! It was cold out. He made us walk to the next light post two houses further up the block.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:I knew the Tuba player from Radio City. His brother was the French Horn player.

The dog lifted his leg on the lightpost next door. Then he changed his mind! It was cold out. He made us walk to the next light post two houses further up the block.

Goodnight dname

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:I knew the Tuba player from Radio City. His brother was the French Horn player.

night!

Me too. It's 1 AM and time for bed.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:night!

Me too. It's 1 AM and time for bed.

yeah, with all that's happened to me today I'm surprised I'm still awake.

goodnight all.

EclecticMuse

SkekTek wrote:Oookay, apparently not. Unless my alma mater got big enough to start buying other college's bands.

I'm just kidding. I'm teasing you because our band was (is) pretty damn good and I'm proud of it.

Woohoo! Alto here.

LMAO on the tubas. One of ours found an old majorette uniform and wore it to the band Halloween party, and performed the baton routine to our opening fanfare. Saw way more of him than God intended me to. XD

Pretty late here too. G'night folks, see you all in the morning!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Still gettin' Ida-wettened.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
EclecticMuse wrote:LMAO I actually rode Bus 3 in high school. Bus 4 was the auxiliaries bus and phew I did not want to be on that one.

Bus 2 was where it was at in college. But I never really participated in the shenanigans.

College band was the best 4 years of my life! That's where I met Hubby.

I was on the short bus

Morning Gman
Mornig all who follow

In the end only kindness matters

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

good morning every one!

AZGman

Iceback wrote:I was on the short bus

Morning Gman
Mornig all who follow

Mornin', I'back.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

back at work. *sigh*

AZGman

cruzer wrote:morning all.

back at work. *sigh*

What's the news on the 'vette?

pooflady

Good morning everyone. Sun shining here.

cruzer

AZGman wrote:What's the news on the 'vette?

I haven't heard anything since Tuesday but it looks like it's going to be a bumper and alignment for now and may be done as early as tomorrow.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:I haven't heard anything since Tuesday but it looks like it's going to be a bumper and alignment for now and may be done as early as tomorrow.

no damage to tires or wheels?

cruzer

AZGman wrote:no damage to tires or wheels?

nope. though the rear tires are getting to the replacement point. :/

AZGman

cruzer wrote:nope. though the rear tires are getting to the replacement point. :/

Heavy-footed driver syndrome?

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Heavy-footed driver syndrome?

It's a feature of the car.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:It's a feature of the car.

Uh-huh.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Uh-huh.

It's a feature of the car and driver?

pooflady

cruzer wrote:It's a feature of the car and driver?

That sounds more likely.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:That sounds more likely.

Maybe. I don't have a lead foot. I promise!