xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
innuendopanda wrote:"Nerdish" is an acceptable word I believe. It is in the dictionary anyway haha.

The artist is German, which means they probably learned British English, not American English, so it might even be different in Britain?

The issue isn't over whether the word is correct, the issue is over whether or not this was trying to reference Naughty by Nature. ;)

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin
innuendopanda wrote:They're missing pocket protectors. I don't know if I can fully believe they're nerds now.

So the shirt is false..they are pre nerdy.. their just Dorks

jclayto1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jclayto1

Wonders how many people got the 'cold finger' reference...?

noelclover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noelclover

Ugh. I buy all of the science nerd t shirts and I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'M SICK OF GRAY! Sick of it. We nerds wear some colors. This would have been nice in a blue. For crying out loud! I'm going to sleep on it and see if I can still resist it in the morning, I don't think I can stand another gray shirt, so I feel like I'm going to pass on this one.

Especially because I think "nerdy" would have been even better, it's too many degrees removed from "naughty" as it is now.

Bah!

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

"Nerdy By Nature" is apparently a rap group from the University of Oregon who makes terrible, controversial videos about a woman's right to choose.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

Terijan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terijan

Nerdish is a word, not particularly british.

In this case, it's a reference to a song by german hip hop group Fettes Brot, "Nordisch by Nature" (Northern by Nature). It's their most popular song, in fact, and what launched their career in the 90s. Fettes Brot is synonymous with hip hop in germany (though they're not really as "hip" as they used to be), and the song Nordisch by Nature is even more ubiquitous than they are.

That said, Nordisch by Nature is a fairly nonsensical song and the title is actually an intentional phonetic transliteration of "Naughty by Nature."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7nPmn3soiM

(EDIT: forgot to mention that the artist is german, for those who didn't notice)

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
brendan948725 wrote:"Nerdy By Nature" is apparently a rap group from the University of Oregon who makes terrible, controversial videos about a woman's right to choose.

Oh, blah.

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

As ruler of the entire Nerd Nation (at least, in my own mind), I APPROVE THIS T-SHIRT!

Also, I'd encourage female Wooters to buy this shirt as nerdy = sexy (for women).

TheCoffinRobber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheCoffinRobber

Totally looks like something MC Fronalot would wear!

kuriakos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kuriakos

It is missing diet soda and mentos.

danian88

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danian88

Darmstadt, Germany! Hooray element 110!!!

The creator's hometown just makes this shirt worth buying.

vegetarianrage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegetarianrage

For all you squares that think that this write up is a parody of Naughty By Nature, I point you to "Gangsta Gangsta" by N.W.A.

You're welcome.

[Signature]

Link3220

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Link3220

Shouldn't he have designed this so the picture wouldn't be blocked by suspenders?

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

There are fine distinctions between Nerd, Geek, and Dork but I believe jott has hit Nerd right on the head.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

stRAWRberree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stRAWRberree

This shirt is perfect. I had to buy it :D

flatpickerd28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flatpickerd28
Bumblebee wrote:Just to note, hydrogen is not a noble gas. Helium is.

-B.

Amen, brother. That's exactly what I was thinking.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

Are you WHITE AND NERDY ENOUGH for this?! YYYYAAAAAAA!!

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

I can't decide what I am more--naughty or nerdish. And if I wear this shirt, it might imply that I am only nerdish and not naughty. So while I appreciate this parody, I think I better hold off.

It is a cute shirt though. Kudos, jott.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
innuendopanda wrote:"Nerdish" is an acceptable word I believe. It is in the dictionary anyway haha.

The artist is German, which means they probably learned British English, not American English, so it might even be different in Britain?

I figured "Nerdish" was like Nerd lite

Really liked Star Trek Voyager but never watched the original.

Enjoyed Star Wars but hasn't read any of the novels.

Has 1 or 2 action figures... but they're out of the packaging.

That what I figured "nerdish" meant.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

hisairness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hisairness

I agree with the Nerdy by Nature. I don't know what the thought process was on that. The band isn't Naughtyish by Nature.

setti10309

quality posts: 1 Private Messages setti10309

Beryllium Astatine, if formed, would have an empirical formula of BeAs2 (2 being the subscript), and would form an ionic solid (i.e. a salt, such as NaCl). However, due to Astatine's highly reactive nature, the compound will most likely never form in nature, and synthesis in a lab would last for only several hours.

mridlen

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mridlen

Every time one of these comes on I get a strong urge to record it. I totally should make a woot album.

http://antisocialrap.com

-Mark Ridlen

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mridlen wrote:Every time one of these comes on I get a strong urge to record it. I totally should make a woot album.

http://antisocialrap.com

do it... then sell it to woot so they can sell it in a woot-off:

Music on a Thread: Music Inspired by Shirt.Woot Prints

jotti

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jotti

hey hi ... all out there ... i just want to thank you for giving so nice feedback to my shirt ... i love you ....

jott

Leavo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leavo

Een, twej, een twej, drej!

hoppzor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoppzor

I would buy this if there was a woman scientist in here, but really? two dudes? how disappointing.

is this not the 21st century? I see tons of awesome nerdy shirts and they always have mad scientists that are dudes. never chicks. grrr.

Terijan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terijan
hisairness wrote:I agree with the Nerdy by Nature. I don't know what the thought process was on that. The band isn't Naughtyish by Nature.

Terijan wrote:
I's a reference to a song by german hip hop group Fettes Brot, "Nordisch by Nature" (Northern by Nature). It's their most popular song, in fact, and what launched their career in the 90s. Fettes Brot is synonymous with hip hop in germany (though they're not really as "hip" as they used to be), and the song Nordisch by Nature is even more ubiquitous than they are.

That said, Nordisch by Nature is a fairly nonsensical song and the title is actually an intentional phonetic transliteration of "Naughty by Nature."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7nPmn3soiM

(EDIT: forgot to mention that the artist is german, for those who didn't notice)

I even e-mailed the artist and confirmed it.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
genericsmith wrote:I figured "Nerdish" was like Nerd lite

Really liked Star Trek Voyager but never watched the original.

Enjoyed Star Wars but hasn't read any of the novels.

Has 1 or 2 action figures... but they're out of the packaging.

That what I figured "nerdish" meant.

lol! Very interesting interpretation.

jeetajoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeetajoo

Aw man, i totally got the Fettes Brot reference instantly, and was hoping I'd be able to be the first to post about it...

perhaps the fact that I got it instantly shows what a nerd I am. All listening to German rap for fun.

also, woooo darmstadt!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
jotti wrote:hey hi ... all out there ... i just want to thank you for giving so nice feedback to my shirt ... i love you ....

awwwww! :D

mridlen

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mridlen
JadenKale wrote:do it... then sell it to woot so they can sell it in a woot-off:

Music on a Thread: Music Inspired by Shirt.Woot Prints

http://antisocialrap.com/released/nerdishbynature.mp3

That's my rough draft. :-) Pretty good for like a spare hour or two.

-Mark Ridlen

Ianitis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ianitis

Shirts not for me.... but obligatory bad nerd joke....

One hydrogen atom say to another, "I think I lost my electron!"
The other atom says, "Are you sure?"
The first one says, "Yes, I'm positive!"

DRadPhotography

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DRadPhotography

Does this shirt seem appropriate to work out in? I think it would be quite humorous to wear when I work out.

andisuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andisuff
baffles wrote: Woot Info Post
woot done right: wooters.us

Nerdish by Nature [Blinded] - $10.00 + free shipping (standard) OR $5 to get it overnight (Thursday) OR $5 international shipping shipping

1 * Asphalt Woot Tee

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

andisuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andisuff
baffles wrote: Woot Info Post
woot done right: wooters.us

Nerdish by Nature [Blinded] - $10.00 + free shipping (standard) OR $5 to get it overnight (Thursday) OR $5 international shipping shipping

1 * Asphalt Woot Tee

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.