quality posts: 58 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats ramyb, Very nice tee!

mymillsap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymillsap

Beautiful shirt, Ramyb. Congrats!

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop
kavaea wrote:Dear Woot,

Winter themed shirts would sell very well if they were long sleeved. And while you ponder tinkering with the shirt sales formula, how about a decent size range for women? As attractive as it may be for men's bellies to hang out the bottom of a shirt, the same cannot be said for women.

Dear kavaea,
Why couldnt you just order a slightly larger-size and wear a contrasting-colour long-sleeved shirt under a woot shirt of your choice?
It looks very hip! I do it all the time.

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

amhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amhi

Congrats ramyb! Yay, I wanted this one. Looking forward to it.

specter472

quality posts: 0 Private Messages specter472

Did this remind anyone else of a certain legendary pokemon, or am I just that much of loser?
Regardless this is a very cool design and I am getting one for myself.

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85

I'm not a fan of side swirls. I'm holding out for tomorrow.

This derby wasn't that great... I'm hoping for the 12 days of Christmas shirt.

WOOTZing

kavaea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavaea
ztrop wrote:Dear kavaea,
Why couldnt you just order a slightly larger-size and wear a contrasting-colour long-sleeved shirt under a woot shirt of your choice?

I am quite capable of adjusting my wardrobe as necessary, but I'm not fond of dual shirts -either the added laundry or the look on me.

The women's shirt sizes are completely inadequate as others have mentioned. I have ordered men's sizes but they become nothing more than night shirts because they do not fit a woman's shape at all.

ambergreen

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ambergreen
ztrop wrote:Dear kavaea,

Walmart had a nice color selection of Hanes long sleeve women's tees for $6...not made in China, either...in case you need an idea.

battra92

quality posts: 3 Private Messages battra92
mjc613 wrote:I am finding it hard to believe that men voted for this. It is very pretty, and very feminine, despite the blue. DH would not wear this, no sirree.

Makes a nice gift for the girlfriend, though.

battra92

quality posts: 3 Private Messages battra92
specter472 wrote:Did this remind anyone else of a certain legendary pokemon, or am I just that much of loser?
Regardless this is a very cool design and I am getting one for myself.

No, I saw it and thought Articuno as well ...

WriteWay

quality posts: 9 Private Messages WriteWay

Yes, Shirt.woot, I should get out more, but sadly it's too cold to wear your shirts outside.

Carpathian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carpathian

Thursday at midnight used to be a fun anticipation of what shirt might win the derby. I don't even bother checking anymore -- now I'm 80% or more certain that one of Ramy/Seki's rubber stamp shirts will show up when the bell tolls.

Saw on another thread where someone estimated around $100k for Ramy/Seki for a year's worth of this. Wow.

Add in the strange avoidance by Woot staff to confirm the stoppage of the Woot photochopping contest, and Woot! has really lost that exciting/creative/startup feel. Now they appear to have gone the route of the typical grind-out-the-profits corporation.

Using a commercial example, Woot! used to be the hip Mac guy, now it's become the stodgy blue-suited bespectacled IBM dude.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop
Carpathian wrote:Thursday at midnight used to be a fun anticipation of what shirt might win the derby. I don't even bother checking anymore -- now I'm 80% or more certain that one of Ramy/Seki's rubber stamp shirts will show up when the bell tolls.

-snip-

Using a commercial example, Woot! used to be the hip Mac guy, now it's become the stodgy blue-suited bespectacled IBM dude.

Yeah, went back and looked through some of the older/earlier shirt derbies... Something very sad has happened to all that creativity. Now we have pokémon and/or Hello kitty showing up every weekend when there are so many other designs that artists actually put thought into.

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

spartankid125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartankid125

Woot if you were a daddy you'd fit right in with all the other non-dependable parents. Promises, promises, promises (of fixing the issues with the derby)what do the kids get in return fail, fail, fail!

(I know it's not entirely you're fault, the (filtered word) progeny who vote for this are at fault too)

rmkrueger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmkrueger
jmmbell1987 wrote:Also, this: "Don’t wear this shirt: After January 2nd. And take down your lights, already!" is downright offensive to anyone who celebrates a Filipino Christmas. It goes to January 6th, dammit!

one of the houses where i live has it's lights up.. and ON all year

maegwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maegwen
iffy525 wrote:Damn I wanted the 12 days of Christmas shirt to win.

Me too. But this is one is pretty.

bdJake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdJake
Stark wrote:This will go great with my Fire Swallower

My thoughts exactly.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jmmbell1987 wrote:Also, this: "Don’t wear this shirt: After January 2nd. And take down your lights, already!" is downright offensive to anyone who celebrates a Filipino Christmas. It goes to January 6th, dammit!

While I certainly agree with Jan. 6th (that's what the 12 days of christmas means, after all), I think I'd be offended if someone wore this after Jan 2, anyway. Because it's really nothing more than the same shirt we've seen a million times.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
iffy525 wrote:Damn I wanted the 12 days of Christmas shirt to win.

That will print... Probably tonight.

kevind23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevind23

Is it the nerd in me, or does that look strikingly similar to an Articuno?

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
kevind23 wrote:Is it the nerd in me, or does that look strikingly similar to an Articuno?

you're like the fourth person to say that in this thread.

labrat0017

quality posts: 9 Private Messages labrat0017
xazothia wrote:I asked before if people were comparing washed shirts to unwashed shirts... I lose a lot of length after washing mine.

I will make sure to compare again after washing...the difference seemed like a good six inches, so I'm skeptical, but I will keep my fingers crossed.
also, I always wear the men's sizes in tee shirts, the weird sleeves on women's shirts drive me crazy! I find that the men's american apparel tee shirts have nice modern length sleeves that don't wing out like a lot of men's tee shirts. Then again I have a long torso, and women's tee shirts are always too short on me and too tight around the stomach area.

xazothia

labrat0017 wrote:I will make sure to compare again after washing...the difference seemed like a good six inches, so I'm skeptical, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

It's entirely possible that the blanks changed (as I have not bought any shirts in a while), I just had to ask again since the first person who said that never responded. Thanks

dav3yb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dav3yb

I would've bought this, but i dislike blue shirts... if only it were black *sigh*

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

xazothia wrote:It's entirely possible that the blanks changed (as I have not bought any shirts in a while), I just had to ask again since the first person who said that never responded. Thanks

I do think the blanks have changed. The woot shirts that I have purchased in the last couple of months are much longer than the woot shirts I bought 6-7 months ago. They now approximate the same length/blank shape as threadless shirts (always SUPER long).

Also, LOLBOUNCE.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

~~WHAT TIME IS IT? IT'S INFOGRAPHIC TIME!~~

The shirt could have been purchased here.

khedablue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khedablue
Coelli wrote:Totally with you on this one. I have quite a few women's XLs from woot - even though I'm a M they run very small - but I gave up and ordered my last few shirts in the men's sizes because of the length. I'm only 5'2" but long in the torso and the women's shirts are just too short for me.

How odd.. I'm 5'9" and the length on the women's L has been working fine for me (even after washing). Am I just getting woot's secret stash of appropriately-lengthed shirts?

xazothia

khedablue wrote:How odd.. I'm 5'9" and the length on the women's L has been working fine for me (even after washing). Am I just getting woot's secret stash of appropriately-lengthed shirts?

I am going to not so subtly ponder aloud if there's a measurement in the chest area which may be affecting these fits. Keep in mind (according to the sizing charts) that the length difference from one size to the next is less than one inch.

khedablue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khedablue
xazothia wrote:I am going to not so subtly ponder aloud if there's a measurement in the chest area which may be affecting these fits. Keep in mind (according to the sizing charts) that the length difference from one size to the next is less than one inch.

Fair point. It is true that I may be getting more *length* out of my length than some..

Coelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coelli
khedablue wrote:Fair point. It is true that I may be getting more *length* out of my length than some..

I am a bit chesty, so probably lose some length with that. And come to think of it, also have a fairly big waist/hip ratio so if a shirt isn't very long it will ride up. In regular clothing I have to buy Petite or Short jeans/skirts, but regular tops.

I do wind up wearing a long tank or LS shirt underneath the women's shirts already purchased but the men's size M is what I order now. The fit is okay once it shrinks, and the length works much better on me. Another bonus is that the print is larger on the men's shirts - and after all isn't that why we buy the shirts?

btw the kids' sizes are great, no issues on those.

Poraro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poraro

I find it hilarious how butthurt the grumpy old men and women that constantly moan get.

This is probably the best swirly shirt I've seen. I most likely won't buy it, but I admit it's better than the others I've seen.

kavaea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavaea

If you compare the shirt sizes for women and kids, they are nearly the same. In a Women’s XL size Chest Width is 18-3/4", a Kids’s Shirt 12 yrs size the Chest Width is 17-5/8"

Just for reference, I compared the women's regular size charts from Lands End and their sizes are very different.

Assuming that the woot shirts chest width figure is doubled, there is 5-6 inches difference between shirts. For instance, a woot small is 15" across or 30" around, a Lands End small t-shirt is 35 inches!

http://www.landsend.com/cd/popup/0,,copyName=pop_size_1001_wm_tops.html

K4ofDoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K4ofDoom

Side placement again! It is getting a little old, but I will admit that I bought this shirt. I like snowflakes and pretty designs. This shirt isn't spectacular and stylistically, it is getting kind of old here at woot, but I find it visually appealing nonetheless.

I actually would have preferred the shirt without the bird.

JustAmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustAmy

Drat. The image placement is not to my liking. Zip-a-dee-do-dah, there's a bluebird in my armpit. If they'd just placed it an inch closer to the neckline, the bluebird would be visible and the swirls would have plenty of room.

I'll be over here pouting if you need me.

downthet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages downthet

Ordered two of these shirts, received some green Christmas-like design shirts instead. Anyone know what the fastest way is to get the correct order to me for Christmas?

silfron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silfron

I ordered one of these when they came out and have not yet received it. I'm annoyed that I wont have my Christmas shirt for Christmas, but I still want it.

Tracking says that Information has been sent to Fedex (the very first tracking thing) and hasn't ever changed.

I got my PowerSquids from the woot off, but no shirt even though it was like two weeks earlier? Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do?

Diyara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diyara
downthet wrote:Ordered two of these shirts, received some green Christmas-like design shirts instead. Anyone know what the fastest way is to get the correct order to me for Christmas?

I don't know, but the smae thing happened to me! (except I got that stupid "Where the Wild Things Are" rip-off ><

If anyone knows how to quickly resolve this, please let us know!

shortt12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortt12
downthet wrote:Ordered two of these shirts, received some green Christmas-like design shirts instead. Anyone know what the fastest way is to get the correct order to me for Christmas?

I also ordered two of these on Dec 4th. These shirts had VERY significant meaning to us (the reason wouldnt mean anything to anyone else) at a very bad time in our lives and were VERY IMPORTANT. I have really been stressing about them arriving in time.

Package arrived today, Christmas Eve, and with great relief and excitement, I opened the package - only to find the same thing - TWO GREEN CHRISTMAS SHIRTS.

Ive placed about 30 orders online this year and have had no issues. The ONE SINGLE ORDER that really MEANT SOMETHING to me is the one that is screwed up.

Since the shirt now says it is sold out - what happens next?

Any ideas or input from anyone greatly appreciated.

shortt12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortt12

Anyone not happy with their Bluebird shirt and want to sell it? Really need an adult shirt since mine was never received. I received the childs shirt but need the adult one to go with it for it to mean anything.

Thanks,
ts.

xazothia

shortt12 wrote:Anyone not happy with their Bluebird shirt and want to sell it? Really need an adult shirt since mine was never received. I received the childs shirt but need the adult one to go with it for it to mean anything.

Thanks,
ts.

Did you ever email service@woot.com about this? It seems like something they would have corrected immediately, but now I'm not sure, since it's been so long...