47%
7%
6%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Like grandma said, "Bristling with weaponry and heartless always wins the race."

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

So a gun that shoots forward kills things behind it? Did I get that right?

that was fun while it lasted!

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09

All that weaponry and the turtle was only able to slightly singe the rabbit? Waste of money, I'd say! You want more destruction in your heavy assault guns!

-Matt Colin

supernerdcait

quality posts: 1 Private Messages supernerdcait

Wrong bunny.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

That turtle is packing more heat than the Technodrome.

BetterThanTheRest

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BetterThanTheRest

I want this shirt... a modern take on a classic story... like the new Star Trek movie that kicks butt and not the old ones that no one watched... ;D

Odds are, I probably already bought today's Shirt Woot... hahaha. I <3 Threadless :D If you need discounts for TL, just PM me! I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADLESS, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, I DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. I JUST LIKE GOOD LOOKING DESIGNER SHIRTS AND I LIKE PAYING GOOD PRICES !!!

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

no surprise. though I do think there were more deserving shirts to win first.

amre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amre

lol i wonder how many rounds it took to kill the rabbit

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

In a way, I suppose, shirt.woot's version of the fable The Tortoise and the Hare can be seen as a metaphor for seki's relationship with other wooters.

I will not name who the rabbit represents in this metaphor. . . .

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Ansemx2

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Ansemx2

Needs jet packs. Otherwise Turtle might not have been able to catch up to Rabbit. This was just a lucky chance occurrence.

08riehlet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 08riehlet

notice no weapons facing backwards...that mr. turtle is strategy.

rrearleii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rrearleii
bpr2 wrote:So a gun that shoots forward kills things behind it? Did I get that right?

tortoise shoots hare, tortoise passes hare. learn object permanence, young one.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
supernerdcait wrote:Wrong bunny.

My sentiment exactly.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
jboshaw wrote:no surprise. though I do think there were more deserving shirts to win first.

There were eight more deserving shirts in the fog, for one. And that's counting Ramy's.

lowra921

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lowra921

It's a tortoise in the story. Obviously.

jkmahan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jkmahan

This will go great with my "You've gotta try this!" shirt.

DrBaron

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DrBaron

turtles these days taking the easy way out. What ever happened to slow and steady.

majiksparkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majiksparkle

I always think it's funny that people think that seki should change her style--she has like five shirts on the reckoning shirt, some, like Imposter, that have been there for a long, long time. I wouldn't change my winning style either.

Then again, I am the hated Shirt.Woot buyer who likes cute over "artsy" and I own many Seki and RamyB shirts.

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

So how long will woot take to check why these two are winning first place every week, even with the modified fog and hotness?

unleashthebats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unleashthebats

oh my god woot needs to disqualify ramy seikou b and for lac of creativity and those stupid animals. they were all good and cute in the beginning but i am sick of never seeing anything different in these derbies. there are SO many talented artists out there and these guys are nt leaving room for ANYONE else to win a derby.

come up with something creative and DIFFERENT for a change or stop entering the derbies. seriously.

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

Really, a turret on the back? You'd think a rocket pack would make more sense since they were RACING each other...

lonelypond

quality posts: 418 Private Messages lonelypond

Tortoise also to be awarded Nobel Peace Prize?!?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Draug wrote:In a way, I suppose, shirt.woot's version of the fable The Tortoise and the Hare can be seen as a metaphor for seki's relationship with other wooters.

I will not name who the rabbit represents in this metaphor. . . .

The rabbit represents everyone on this site other than her and Ramy. Somehow destroyed even though her weaponry is questionably designed and not even heading in the right direction.

I guess it's nice to see that for as generic and overdone of a concept as this is, at least for once she was mostly on theme. That alone is a huge shock.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
JadenKale wrote:So how long will woot take to check why these two are winning first place every week, even with the modified fog and hotness?

Our Movie Genre why are you so full of hate? You just hate in order to hate, because you're a hating hater!

deusvsmachina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deusvsmachina

Based on the apparent motion of the tortoise, I'm going to have to guess that this snap shot was taken approximately an hour after the bunny got shot in the back. Given that he's still smoking, I'd hate to have seen him then.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr

The shirt is different than the design the artist submitted for and people voted for. (the turtle's front right 'leg' is depicting motion)

While I think this a positive change for this shirt, I am not sure how fair it is to the voters to do this.

Other artists will resubmit their designs for the voting population, and this artist chose not to. In fact, she stated that she WOULD NOT CHANGE the design.

I don't really understand how it is that woot finds this acceptable.

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
xazothia wrote:Dear Sekiyoku:

Why are you so special that you get to make changes based on critique between submission and print, yet aren't required to resub for these serious alterations?

I think it says somewhere that woot themselves reserve the right to edit entries for printing.

I love this website! ^^

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
majiksparkle wrote:I always think it's funny that people think that seki should change her style--she has like five shirts on the reckoning shirt, some, like Imposter, that have been there for a long, long time. I wouldn't change my winning style either.

Then again, I am the hated Shirt.Woot buyer who likes cute over "artsy" and I own many Seki and RamyB shirts.

I don't see a blank vacant stare on account of dots for eyes as a style. At least make the turtle angry or devilishly satisfied...

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm

Why are you so special that you get to make changes based on critique between submission and print, yet aren't required to resub for these serious alterations?

Maybe she submits her PRF a few days after submitting the design detail and shirt comp. She isn't the first, nor the last.

amandatory

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amandatory

That turtle is so like, "It wasn't me! Must have been the other turtle with weapons on his shell...that are still smoking..."

BlackbeardBen

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BlackbeardBen

Spy's sappin' mah tortoise!

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

After years of stereotypical oppression.. the Testudines have finally triumphed above the Lagomorphs. Who's saying ectotherms are amongst the lowest of cognitive animals now, eh eh?

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09

I noticed that. That must be super frustrating for the artists on this site, yourself included. I shake my head. Some people are just above the rules, I guess...wish those people were decent artists.

-Matt Colin

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Earlysong wrote:I think it says somewhere that woot themselves reserve the right to edit entries for printing.

So you're saying *woot* changed the turtle's stance (front and back legs both), added more grass, AND changed the color of the tortoise?

I am only willing to believe one of those things.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
BetterThanTheRest wrote:I want this shirt... a modern take on a classic story... like the new Star Trek movie that kicks butt and not the old ones that no one watched... ;D

Blasphemy!!!!!!

New Star Trek can't be better than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SK0cUNMnMM

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
JadenKale wrote:So how long will woot take to check why these two are winning first place every week, even with the modified fog and hotness?

They are winning every week because people actually buy their shirts. It's not like their designs don't sell out.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Shigwarm wrote:Maybe she submits her PRF a few days after submitting the design detail and shirt comp. She isn't the first, nor the last.

That's not the issue, the issue is that there are enough differences between this and her derby entry that they are not the same.

EdtheSpoonyBard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages EdtheSpoonyBard

"Maximals...Maximize!" is all I can think about when I see this shirt.

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
jmmbell1987 wrote:There were eight more deserving shirts in the fog, for one. And that's counting Ramy's.

I was counting multiple shirts. I believe a lot of the shirts that weren't even in the fog were more deserving.