icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Predator

i know someone who would want this shirt.

at least its not a shiny bird.
ill leave a more angry post later on when this thing fogs KAY???

and we all know its gonna fog..

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
taninniver wrote:Sadly, I'm aware of this - but even so, It makes me want to obsessively draw proper wings just to ease my troubled sensibilities.

True dat, for anybody interested this is the proper anatomy of a bird

Re: Bird Brained

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
patrickspens wrote:the blue works as a complimentary color, so I wanted to keep it blue, but the original was really vivid, so I pulled it back but still left some blue in it. thanks for the comemts and votes! hope everyone likes it!!!

I always liked the look of inverted colors... and these are close enough to get that feel... GMV

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
taninniver wrote:Sadly, I'm aware of this - but even so, It makes me want to obsessively draw proper wings just to ease my troubled sensibilities.

I'm right there with ya, buddy.

ssjbryces

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjbryces
hookajoe wrote:How do you create a parody of something you're unaware of? Parody is, by definition, deliberate.

If there's a trademark, even if you are unaware of it, it's still illegal to copy (and especially sell) anything with the likeness. For instance, you're screwed if your name is McDonald and you want to name a burger joint after yourself. McDonald's even sued a Japanese restaurant trying to sell "McSushi." Not sure if this counts as a violation though.

TheyKilledKenny

loveengrey wrote:I really love the detail that you put into this shirt. The leaf underneath the cake is such a damn good idea to me. I don't know why. I'm surprised nobody has said this yet, but its such a grim topic for a shirt though haha. I know its all part of life and nature, but I feel sorry for the bugs

Dead bugs are always a good thing... even cute ones...

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Penguins and Waffles, Together at Last

Narrator Recording Session- Transcript #707A
M.F.: I'm sorry, but are you sure this script is correct?
Op.: Yes Mr. Freeman, please just take it from the top.
M.F.: Very well. Alright. "And so, as the male penguins begin their freefall, they must arduously collect the delicious breakfast items with their cold, aching flippers. Syrup swirls everywhere as the brave little birds"... I, I'm sorry, this just makes no sense to me.
Op.: Let's take five. Brunch of The Penguins narration session 707A, cut.

5 colors on Royal Blue.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
AdderXYU wrote:fwiw, I think this is looking way better sans halftoning.

Figures. ;P

Can't get it right without a few misses first, right? As the saying often mis-attributed to Chuck Jones goes, "All of you here have one hundred thousand bad drawings in you. The sooner you get rid of them, the better it will be for everyone."

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Jestik wrote:I believe she's referring to this:

Yeah that and this:

And Adder makes a great point about how someone who doesn't claim to be an artist gets such fanfare for the same design over and over (I mean heck, if it's not this style, it's 'splatter everything') and so many people copy him, it's ridiculous. I am hoping the next banned thing here is 'northern lights' backdrops. I'm tired of it being so overused... and other than photos, I wonder how often designers who use it have actually seen it in nature? I've yet to see it portrayed on a design here in a way that really mimics the night sky during such an event.

ssjbryces

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjbryces
Re: The Keeper of Crimson Ghosts

Sick. I hope this is your week. I like your style, so keep it up.

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Defying Nature

Oh Man... if I vote for the shirt... then I am supporting animated gifs... if I don't vote for the shirt... I am not supporting this good art... alright, already... GMV

icymallard

Re: The Rising Sun

real cool, i think i would try to make the template thing a little more mainstream like the pros.

its hard to see from here

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Flight of the Great Horned Owl (resub)

It's fantastic. I love your use of line strokes and colors/negative space. Plus, I LOVE shirts that utilize the entire space given. Also, I'm a sucker for owls...

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Wow.

Love the flow and looseness.

Love the nonsensical nature.

Love your style, as always.

GMV <3

TheyKilledKenny

It's really cool... but I did not know about the waffleless plight of the poor penguin... now we'll have to get Sally Struthers to take up the cause... GMV

icymallard

Re: Whos Grapes are tainted now, Mr Farmer?

lol i have no idea whats goin on...

moejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moejo
Re: My Collection

Love the drawing-old school- glad your computer is down!!
--crafty friend--

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
taninniver wrote:I think the judicious use of a few reference pics would have done the design far better.

I've mentioned that to Ramy and Seki both at various points in the past (referring to birds and non-birds), but I've mostly given up.

I do appreciate the extra five minutes Ramy took to alter the beak of the bird. It's still not really what I was looking for, but it's a start. Take an extra five minutes looking at photos next time, eh? ;)

moejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moejo
Re: My Collection

Love the drawing-old school- glad your computer is down!!
--crafty friend--

icymallard

Re: Night Raven

uhh, is that not in the center?

MissFortune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissFortune
taninniver wrote:The anatomy of the wings here is seriously messing with my head - there doesn't seem to be any definition of the primary feathers, nor any real nod to skeletal joints and reference points, etc. The left wing especially rather looks to me like an angle with a random, ragged edge attached.
I think the judicious use of a few reference pics would have done the design far better.
It seems the focus here was on the background, when the bird should have gotten equal attention to make it a solid, overall design.

its the right wing. its needs to be rotated out a bit more to give impression of flight, or open like the other.

its nice to see you branching away from shiny though ramyb.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr

This is adorable in a not so adorable I want to bash my head in kind of way!
Every week, I love your designs. Your art has a nice, whimsical, nonsensical feel to it, and always makes me smile.
This is another wonderful example of how cute can also be good.

GMV

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Here is a Tall Bird

Really cool look... GMV

Is the thick section above his left knee a downsizing glitch...? If so, you may want to resub your comp before this get's too popular.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Rockin Robin

i like it!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: The Crane Wife

Inspired by the lyrics of The Crane Wife Parts 1 - 3 by the Decemberists:

LYRICS

icymallard

Re: Defying Nature

need 1 of these in my wardrobe

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
TheyKilledKenny wrote:Really cool look... GMV

Is the thick section above his left knee a downsizing glitch...? If so, you may want to resub your comp before this get's too popular.

thanks for pointing that out... I'll take a look

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Swim Time (resub)

If you re-resub, you may want to include some of the diving board in the thumb... it would imply impending action and may prompt clicks... GMV anyways...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
MissFortune wrote:its the right wing. its needs to be rotated out a bit more to give impression of flight, or open like the other.

its nice to see you branching away from shiny though ramyb.

It's not really branching from anything, though. It's still horrible swirlies, it's still too dark to look like anything worth wearing, and the anatomy is still mostly a deformed, anime-style anatomy. It doesn't make it less generic or better executed.

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman
Re: Into the Wild

This is really pretty.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
Re: Flight of the Great Horned Owl (resub)

I definitely want this one!

TheyKilledKenny

Re: woodstock was here

Ahhh Geeze... Must Vote... For Cute...

AdderXYU

Your style and concepts are so refreshing, like jumping into a pool of seven-up in January.

TheyKilledKenny

EmoryCash wrote:Re: woodstock was here
So many Derby-winning shirts have featured our hollow-boned, beaky friends that we decided to just let them take over. The entire avian kingdom is your playground this week, from the beautiful vulture to the graceful kiwi to the delicious ostrich. If it's got feathers, it's fair game, and there's no bag limit on this hunt.

No text.

No video-game references.

This dog will hunt...

loubriccant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loubriccant
JadenKale wrote:Yeah that and this:

And Adder makes a great point about how someone who doesn't claim to be an artist gets such fanfare for the same design over and over (I mean heck, if it's not this style, it's 'splatter everything') and so many people copy him, it's ridiculous. I am hoping the next banned thing here is 'northern lights' backdrops. I'm tired of it being so overused... and other than photos, I wonder how often designers who use it have actually seen it in nature? I've yet to see it portrayed on a design here in a way that really mimics the night sky during such an event.

A so-called "artist", who is pro censorship? That's fncked up!

AdderXYU

Re: Into the Wild

Your execution is always flawless.

TheyKilledKenny

Re: The RAWKatiels

I completely skipped over the thumbnail before and only clicked when I saw the skull on the signature... GMV

AdderXYU

loubriccant wrote:A so-called "artist", who is pro censorship/ That's fncked up!

I'd rather have artists who are pro censorship than artists who are pro thieving. Art does nothing for a society if it is generic. It does nothing if ANYONE is allowed in, even if they're taking other people's sources and making their own. That's not what riff has done here, but it is what CT does, and it is certainly widespread in this sort of "collage" style.

It's not about censorship. It's about shirt.woot living up to the idea of "original and exclusive" they set out in their FAQ. It's about pushing artists to stop relying on crutches and start working toward originality again. That should be what EVERY artist is for.