JaundiceDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave

Truly was tl;dr.

carnelian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carnelian

People are still voting for this stuff? I just...don't understand. Actually paying for anything these two put out is like screaming "I HAVE BAD TASTE" as loud as you can.

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab

the artist write up is hilarious XD *iz ded*

Psychomax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Psychomax

Ramyb and Sekiyoku should totally make their own shirt store :O

They've got an instantly recognizable style, a solid fanbase, and a strong business sense. They could have a lot more creative leeway with their own site, plus the woot derby could start seeing different artists in the top three spots.

Ramyb and Seki would make a ton more money, their fans would be happy, the haters at woot would be happy, and the artists getting 4th and 5th every week would be happy!

qphelixqp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qphelixqp

when you put this on - you would be 'wacking on'
when you take this off - you would be 'wacking off'

I'm not a wacko, and will save my money and buy something another day.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Wow . . . I'm pretty excited about the chance of a trifecta tomorrow morning and the outrage that will erupt from this forum . . . firing Rocket Number 9 servers will think a baby of the cosmos is for sale. Don't get me wrong, I ain't buying this shirt and I didn't buy yesterday's shirt, but the hub-bub created is more entertaining than the Tiger Woods saga.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

lol at the bio!

Ramy and Adder - you guys should meet up in person. Maybe you WILL really become best of friends, split pizzas and watch cartoons. Awwww

blandzilla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blandzilla

quite probably the worst shirt I have ever seen, and I've been to the Jersey shore.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

This shirt.woot is not a delight
In fact I'd say its a fright
Please Gorgon third place
Grant us some grace
One more ramyb would just be trite

Your turn, gs

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Psychomax wrote:Ramyb and Sekiyoku should totally make their own shirt store :O

This is not the first time someone has made this suggestion.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

What woot should do is sell a ramy/seki shirt throughout the week (lets face it usually at LEAST one daily doesn't sell well) and then bar them from posting in the derby.

Woot wins because they'll have one more successful shirt.
ramy/seki win (sort of) because they still get a shirt printed every week.
The ramy/seki fans (who I assume don't really ready the forums) win because there is still a shirt for them.
And the forum people win because a couple of shirts that would otherwise not print will actually print.

Win/win/win/win ... Wont happen, but something should.

And 600 votes between 1st and 2nd is very strange. I have a hard time believing there were that many more people who liked the seki shirt over the others.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

the only thing more twisted than this shirt design is the artist writeup! kudos to the wooterators--i haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

Draug

FirefIy wrote:2nd had 880 votes

10th had 674 votes

There is a still a possibility...

One can always hope. :D

deadlyblonde

quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

Why is there strawberry jam all over that cute little spiked mallet the squirrel has?

You spread jam with knives and spoons, not large hammers! Silly squirrel ^_^

xazothia

Also, you people clamoring for Gorgons ought to check out the last page of the Derby #124 discussion thread for a heaping dose of disappointment.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
TobiasAmaranth wrote:In any case, as terrible as the squirrel looks, he's at least moderately expressive, and the image is delightfully dark and evil. I don't have any shirts like this in my wardrobe, so I did go ahead and buy it.

I'm confused why you bought this if you thought the squirrel looked terrible. I would think that in itself would be a dealbreaker.

thelopes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelopes

Dramaaaaa!

But, it is too bad. People are going to be disappointed - either those that wanted radishes, or me that wanted a Gorgon.

trev4j

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trev4j

I think we need to relax and this to me does not say relax.

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda

I'm starting to wonder what the point of the derby is anymore. If the same people win all of the time why even have a derby. What's the point? At the same time, if the same people win all of the time, why are they still in the derby? Commission them. Give other people a chance.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Grabs my fire starter and goes to burn my grim optimism.

that was fun while it lasted!

isparabola

thelopes wrote:Dramaaaaa!

But, it is too bad. People are going to be disappointed - either those that wanted radishes, or me that wanted a Gorgon.

Actually both are going to be disappointed.

bhcompy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bhcompy

Gallagher gone horribly wrong

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
JaundiceDave wrote:Snip

That was one of the most brutal walls of text mine eyes have ever encountered.

Saccare

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Saccare

That's not creepy. Nope, not in the slightest.

*shudder*

Also, this means it's either goldfish or radishes tomorrow...we'll see!

wootchawant

bpr2 wrote:Grabs my fire starter and goes to burn my grim optimism.

aw, that'll take WAY too long--just grab the squirrel's mallet and pound away at your heart instead.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
xazothia wrote:This is not the first time someone has made this suggestion.

Then they'd lose the guaranteed grand simply for printing.

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar
isparabola wrote:Actually both are going to be disappointed.

god I hope radishes wins. I think it will be guaranteed second chance or editor's choice though. Nothing can stop that brilliance.

banzaaiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banzaaiii

hahhahahahahhahahahha (you can pretty much substitute any reason for the laughter here, and it would be correct, expect for stuff you dont laugh about of course)

now, lets see if this shirt sells out by 8am too, even though it only wins cause of hundreds of corrupt votes. funny the way things are.

also, hahahhahahahahahhaha.

the only thing that could make this weekend better is if ramy's other shirt printed tomorrow. although i really hope "In Addition to Your Radishes" prints

IndependentVik

jmmbell1987 wrote:That was one of the most brutal walls of text mine eyes have ever encountered.

That was some serious tldr. No doubt.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
IndependentVik wrote:I'm confused why you bought this if you thought the squirrel looked terrible. I would think that in itself would be a dealbreaker.

Terrible from an art point of view, and terrible from a wearable point of view, are sadly different things. I really think it could have been done better, but I admit to really enjoying the background and the concept of this shirt. It's certainly more well done than the turtle shirt from yesterday.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

isparabola

And while the artist write up is amusing, it bugs me because that means they actually pay attention to the community posts, but are absolutely fine with what goes on in the derby, and are fine not addressing it ever.

That sort of irks me.

xazothia

jmmbell1987 wrote:Then they'd lose the guaranteed grand simply for printing.

My sarcasm detector is off today, but for the sake of it: the 1k in printing and other startup costs is a drop in the bucket compared to how much they've made from woot.

IndependentVik

TobiasAmaranth wrote:Terrible from an art point of view, and terrible from a wearable point of view, are sadly different things. I really think it could have been done better, but I admit to really enjoying the background and the concept of this shirt. It's certainly more well done than the turtle shirt from yesterday.

Ah, OK, I see what you mean. And no argument from me on that last point. Honestly, the things that sell out here . . .

wootchawant

isparabola wrote:And while the artist write up is amusing, it bugs me because that means they actually pay attention to the community posts, but are absolutely fine with what goes on in the derby, and are fine not addressing it ever.

That sort of irks me.

agreed. but for once, i guess we can't raise the "not on topic" argument among all the rest.

whatever.

isparabola

beaterbar wrote:god I hope radishes wins. I think it will be guaranteed second chance or editor's choice though. Nothing can stop that brilliance.

Unless woot is afraid of copyright issues or something and chooses to omit it as a EC based on that.

Draug

xazothia wrote:Also, you people clamoring for Gorgons ought to check out the last page of the Derby #124 discussion thread for a heaping dose of disappointment.

Okay...what am I missing, xaz? I give you permission to break my heart.

aum

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aum

I really have to wonder why the squirrel is beating up those moles. Is this a random assault? That spiked mallet seems to indicate otherwise. Perhaps the squirrel is part of a forest crime syndicate. How villainous!

Zimdale

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Zimdale
blandzilla wrote:quite probably the worst shirt I have ever seen, and I've been to the Jersey shore.

Obviously you have never had a mole problem in your yard or you would appreciate this shirt.

JaundiceDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
jmmbell1987 wrote:That was one of the most brutal walls of text mine eyes have ever encountered.

What can I say, I try and measure up to Adder.

MasterWill

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MasterWill

This is pretty funny, but I really wouldn't want to be seen wearing it. Might make a better desktop background than a shirt...

Woot! Watcher - Woot! tracking the way it should be.