jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
grantcentral wrote:Need some clarification as to the shirt sizes. I know, I know...I've read the chart. Here's the thing, though; I was so excited when my "Exclamation Print" shirt came today, it's the first Woot shirt I've ordered for myself. There is NO WAY that thing is a Women's Large...it fits my 10-year-old, not me. The sizing chart says if you like your shirt a little baggy order a size larger...let me tell you...one size larger would not have made a hill-of-beans difference. I don't even want baggy, just fit. Apparently, if I want to own my very own Woot shirt, I am going to be stuck with a standard, no form, man-cut T-shirt, cause the women's cut (very flattering on my 10-yr-old) is only intended for "one size fits small" crowd! Very sad and disappointed

Sorry you learned it the hard way.
I would say, at least in my experience for the shirts (for women)...it's more along the lines of...
-If you like your shirts baggy, go up 3 sizes from your average t-shirt size.
-If you like them a tad loose but overall good fit, go up 2 sizes.
-If you want your shirt nicely form fitting, go up one size.
(I haven't actually gotten one in my own regular size, but I'm guessing it would be very formfitting/tight).

And if you're hitting the top of the sizes, I guess one would have to go to the men's section... likewise if you're way at the bottom, perhaps the kid's section?)

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda

I hope he recycles that the correct way when it goes out. Everyone is all "Our Movie Genre! THIS BULBS SAVE THE EARTH!" yet they're worse in landfills than normal bulbs :/

dragonladysculptor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dragonladysculptor

Oh great - I work at hardware store and sell these bulbs (and yes they DO come in red). Now all the customers are going to wonder why I'm cracking up when I sell them one of the red ones !

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda
jasneko wrote:Sorry you learned it the hard way.
I would say, at least in my experience for the shirts (for women)...it's more along the lines of...
-If you like your shirts baggy, go up 3 sizes from your average t-shirt size.
-If you like them a tad loose but overall good fit, go up 2 sizes.
-If you want your shirt nicely form fitting, go up one size.
(I haven't actually gotten one in my own regular size, but I'm guessing it would be very formfitting/tight).

And if you're hitting the top of the sizes, I guess one would have to go to the men's section... likewise if you're way at the bottom, perhaps the kid's section?)

I typically wear a mens medium, they fit me usually not tight, but not baggy, just a nice fitting shirt that ends around the top of my pockets on my jeans.
However, when I order from shirt.woot, I get the mens large and it's basically the same, just a little looser, with sleeves that are a little longer and a little longer on the bottom, but nothing too much. I'm a little afraid to get a medium because I don't know how much of a jump it will be in size. (American Apparel runs a little smaller than most other shirts)

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I saw that reindeer in a yard display tonight!!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
grantcentral wrote:Need some clarification as to the shirt sizes. I know, I know...I've read the chart. Here's the thing, though; I was so excited when my "Exclamation Print" shirt came today, it's the first Woot shirt I've ordered for myself. There is NO WAY that thing is a Women's Large...it fits my 10-year-old, not me. The sizing chart says if you like your shirt a little baggy order a size larger...let me tell you...one size larger would not have made a hill-of-beans difference. I don't even want baggy, just fit. Apparently, if I want to own my very own Woot shirt, I am going to be stuck with a standard, no form, man-cut T-shirt, cause the women's cut (very flattering on my 10-yr-old) is only intended for "one size fits small" crowd! Very sad and disappointed

That's American Apparel for ya. It's cut for small people. The men's sizes aren't "no form". The sleeves are longer, but it is still nice fitting shirt.

BlackbeardBen

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BlackbeardBen
skatimmy737 wrote:Does this mean Santa's sleigh is a hybrid now?

It runs on Christmas spirit - duh!

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
innuendopanda wrote:I hope he recycles that the correct way when it goes out. Everyone is all "Our Movie Genre! THIS BULBS SAVE THE EARTH!" yet they're worse in landfills than normal bulbs :/

I have mixed feelings about CFL's, while they do last longer than regular bulbs and burn less electricity per hour, there is the disposal and if one breaks it is considered a hazardous waste accident and in my opinion they are not as bright, even though they claim to be.
That said the shirt is kind of cute, but not in time for christmas (no I will not pay the extra for shipping, sorry woot you lose all my money every time you pull this stunt).

Happy Holidays to all.

Leanalynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leanalynn

I will no longer buy Holiday shirts that are so close to the holidays. I like to be prepared, my kids already have their shirts from other stores. Why can't woot put Christmas shirts a few weeks before, Halloween shirts, a few weeks before, etc. It's frustrating, I'm not paying overnight for a tshirt, I'd just as soon not have it. I think they really lose out on sales this way.

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada

Hmmm, let's see, smart post to Poland (the country, not NY). I should have the shirt by uhhh, Memorial Day?

No, stop looking, there isn't a joke in here somewhere, I really live in Poland (the country).

My dogs like me, that is important.

brknfngr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brknfngr

bulb "made in china" ...on an american apparel shirt.

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n
AdderXYU wrote:People who are anti-green confuse me. It's one thing to disbelieve in global warming... it's entirely possible the vast majority of respected scientists in the world are all lying to us for the sake of some bizarre hippie conspiracy. The part I don't get is, why is it so bad to pretend it's real anyway?...

I want to respond to a couple things without going into too much detail. Believing in global warming has some huge ramifications separate from the rest of the green movement, mostly on CO2. If it is believed that CO2 emissions must be greatly reduced to prevent the end of the world then this will negatively impact many industries while cap 'n trade becomes a multi-trillion dollar business. In terms of the individual, this will be equivalent to the largest tax increase ever (industries cost more to operate with less CO2 emissions, higher prices for consumers). This is based on the proposed goal of 80% reduction by 2050. The impact is larger on third-world nations, who will not be able to industrialize the same way as current powers, who used coal energy.

I also don't think "vast majority" is correct for pro-global-warming scientists, just majority. From one stat, the population is now split on believing it or not, 41%-41%. Also, I think the hippies are on the other side as in SAVE MOTHER EARTH FROM CO2 AND THE POOR POLAR BEARS TOO!

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien
DarkDrag0n wrote:I also don't think "vast majority" is correct for pro-global-warming scientists, just majority. From one stat, the population is now split on believing it or not, 41%-41%. Also, I think the hippies are on the other side as in SAVE MOTHER EARTH FROM CO2 AND THE POOR POLAR BEARS TOO!

The population split doesn't have much bearing on scientist opinion, so I don't know why you referred to them as one and the same. Scientists study these things for a living, while your average joe may or may not have passed high school chemistry. That's why expert opinions are important, and on this subject there's nearly a consensus.

Anyway, I agree that this shirt is too close to Christmas. Woot doesn't get any of it if we spend extra on shipping so, I have to assume they simply think it's a good time for the shirt. Do shirts like this really sell better so close to the 25th?

BuffJR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BuffJR

kudos to CarbonSasquatch for also noticing that its not even a reindeer!

professore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore

The artist bio is wrong. Liz actually lives in South America.

*not a real professor...

deedletree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedletree
CarbonSasquatch wrote:Rudolph's supposed to be a reindeer, not a white-tail. Santa must be using temps

If it were a black-tail, it would be a biology pun. Odocoilus virginiana with a coil on it's nose.

Not that I like puns. This shirt kind of disturbs me.

smcdon2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages smcdon2
CarbonSasquatch wrote:Rudolph's supposed to be a reindeer, not a white-tail. Santa must be using temps

I was just thinking the same, not a Caribou, er... Reindeer, but a nice shirt anyway.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
bluejester wrote:Sorry woot, but given my natural distrust for the whole "global warming" theory, and the recent controversy over fraudulent info, I'm going to have to pass.

I hope that isn't too political for me to say here on woot.

hey man good to know I'm not the only one...
Also, I'm completely opposed to the new fluorescent bulb lighting so all at once this shirt is not for me but also funny in a mocking way :D

These lightbulbs contain MERCURY, people! Who in their right mind would want these in their homes??

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

SiltLifted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SiltLifted

Sure this has already been mentioned, but that's a white tailed deer - Reindeer are much different looking in the face, and in the antlers.

We live, we die, we get judged - which side are you on?

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
AdderXYU wrote:People who are anti-green confuse me. It's one thing to disbelieve in global warming... it's entirely possible the vast majority of respected scientists in the world are all lying to us for the sake of some bizarre hippie conspiracy. The part I don't get is, why is it so bad to pretend it's real anyway? Even if we presume the earth can support us for eternity, is there really anything wrong with trying to use fewer resources, and extend the life of those we DO use?

It's sort of like saying "well, these vegetables taste good, but I don't believe in diets, so I will only eat these pork rinds. yum yum."

hey Adder, since I can agree with jester I just wanted to point out that I for one am not anti-'green', but I am anti-government-regulation-of-climate-policies-that-aren't-scientifically-supported... Especially when it impedes on people's personal choices such as using incandescent bulbs instead of the fluorescent bulbs which not only give off an offensive light but ALSO CONTAIN MERCURY which still baffles me as to how anyone could think this is safe to have in the home, lol.

However nothing is ever wrong with using fewer resources and getting away from chemicals and trying to use more organic substances; I'm also a serious recycler. But, having been a student of environmental geology I can't accept that human activity on earth is creating a 'global warming' trend when no data exists to support this.

What's bad about pretending that global warming is 'real' is that you're basically admitting that you're ok with being ignorant and with accepting government propaganda (which -surprise!- is not a thing of the WWII past). Funny you would use the phrase "bizarre hippie conspiracy," because guess who the biggest proponents of global warming policies are: tree-hugging hippies who grew up in the '60s and who are now our politicians and statesmen!
Try putting two and two together on that one.

Again I am all for getting back to nature - but not for the good of the EARTH, but for the good of the PEOPLE that live here. We'll go extinct if we don't learn how to use more materials that are more harmonious with our bodies' organic constitution. Of course this does include taking care of our planet, but too often it seems that people are considered 'less important' than preserving the earth where we actually live.

I haven't bought this shirt, but really I think it can be taken both ways - you could wear it whether you actually are a greenie or not because if you are, then you're showing your support for the change in life as we've known it, and if you're not, then you wear the shirt to expose how ridiculous the idea is and because it's funny.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
AdderXYU wrote:
You coulda gotten Krampus, or loopy's 12 days of christmas. This is printing now because, guess what, the actual holiday is coming up. And it will again next year. and probably the year after that, too!

I had to quote this for the sole reason that the two shirts you mentioned are some of the best Christmas tee designs I've ever seen

nomadslim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nomadslim
professore wrote:The artist bio is wrong. Liz actually lives in South America.

Nope. You are wrong. It's South Africa.

gppintx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gppintx

14-pointer! (Where's my gun?)

bsouthard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsouthard

Wow, I never thought I'd see a woot! shirt design from my own small town. Congrats, fellow Clawsonite!

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen

What you should do is put your arms in the shirt and stretch it by pushing your arms apart. I got a WL on right now and I will not stray away from a WXL from now on. I usually wear a WM.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Wow...I guess I am dumb, because I didn't understand the shirt until I started reading comments. Horray for something positive coming from reading the arguments!

Great looking shirt . I fear most of the orders will not make it in time for Christmas though. All of our Christmas orders from Woot are MIA, even with expedited shipping . Good luck though, this is a great tee for the holiday.

Janie1950

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Janie1950

I thought the deer lookes a little Impala-ish.
I used to live there and never got used to hot Christmas weather. Happy Chiristmas to everyone on the beach in Durban.

DarkDrag0n

Radien wrote:The population split doesn't have much bearing on scientist opinion, so I don't know why you referred to them as one and the same. Scientists study these things for a living, while your average joe may or may not have passed high school chemistry. That's why expert opinions are important, and on this subject there's nearly a consensus.

I didn't mean to imply they were the same, although it looks like it lol. It was just meant to be an independent stat to demonstrate one aspect of the lack of consensus.

Until Climategate it would have appeared to be a consensus because no major news outlets were covering the scientific debate, although it was still going on in many science journals and websites. Many reputable scientists and institutions continue to publish data and results to show there is no conclusive evidence of global warming, or that it is much slower than proposed.

On a separate note, disproving global warming is so easy a 6th grader can do it!

Related to that, urban temperature increases are linked to land development such as deforestation.

@RaveDroid thanks for the support, at least now we outnumber Adder!

dknox20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dknox20

Hey that nose is red the color of the mercury in the bulb. Also that is not a reindeer; look at the antlers way wrong. That's a whitetail.

residentgrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages residentgrey

What a screwbulb!

Skidmark Steve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skidmark Steve

Nice shirt just wish it was available earlier in the month

megdin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages megdin
RaveDroid wrote:

Again I am all for getting back to nature - but not for the good of the EARTH, but for the good of the PEOPLE that live here. We'll go extinct if we don't learn how to use more materials that are more harmonious with our bodies' organic constitution. Of course this does include taking care of our planet, but too often it seems that people are considered 'less important' than preserving the earth where we actually live.

I've got news for you. There's not much difference between the good of the earth and the good of the people that live here. Since we do live here. We've seen plenty of things we do to the earth end up screwing us up as well.

Besides we're not talking about denying yourself food and water. Instead its more like maybe you should reconsider that vehicle that can run over anything else on the road, or your 4th flat screen TV, or fresh fruit flown in from Peru in the middle of December.

Don't fool yourself about government propaganda and conspiracies, they exist on both the green and anti-green sides.

Sorry for getting all tree-huggy woot. I couldn't stop myself.

Spomo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spomo

I like the shirt but the nose totally seems to be in a different perspective than the deer itself. TBH, the perspectives just seem weird all over the place.

portalis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages portalis

Seriously?

chrisfromiowa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chrisfromiowa

Has anyone else had problems with the woots recently. I've been wooting for a couple of years and always been happy with the results. It arrived quickly packaged well and for a good price. My last few woots have been less than stellar. If any of them were my first woot there wouldn't be a second. I'd gotten one that was broken before they shipped it and my latest the Krumpus shirt never seems to make it from being entered into fedex tracking. I've gotten a couple of tracking numbers but fedex says they have never gotten it. Anyone else had similar problems?

Iowa, come for the corn, stay for the dead zone creating topsoil, silt, and nitrogen runoff.
The generic avatar kind of looks like me already. Except my knife is bigger, well not longer but thicker. A lot thicker really.

chrisfromiowa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chrisfromiowa

On a separate note, disproving global warming is so easy a 6th grader can do it!

Related to that, urban temperature increases are linked to land development such as deforestation.
- what one is real then. Are you saying global warming doesn't exist or are you saying global warming is being caused by deforestation? Just a question

Iowa, come for the corn, stay for the dead zone creating topsoil, silt, and nitrogen runoff.
The generic avatar kind of looks like me already. Except my knife is bigger, well not longer but thicker. A lot thicker really.

bmjayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmjayne

With regards to CFLs and global warming:

CFLs generally contain about 5 milligrams of mercury each. It is said that it is just enough to cover the point of a ballpoint pin. Coal-powered power plants also release mercury. In this respect, more mercury is saved from the atmosphere with the coal-produced-energy savings of a CFL over an incandescent than is contained in that very CFL.

Mercury can be dangerous, but a CFL is not particularly dangerous. If one breaks, just clean it up, wash your hands, and don't eat it. Keep in mind that we have mercury all around us that is not harming us. Older thermometers, thermostats, many electronics, etc. Just try to dispose of these things properly at a recycling center (check out http://earth911.com/).

Warming trends are not always easily observed in lower latitudes where we live. So far, strong effects have been most obvious at the poles. Take a look at any of the data concerning glaciers, the ice caps, the tundra permafrost... It is reasonable to argue over the causes, but it is difficult to deny that overall temperatures have indeed been on the rise.

PS - cool shirt

rosood09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosood09

Even Rudolph needs to save in these harsh economic times...lol

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

nothing like an energy efficient nose

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

DarkDrag0n

chrisfromiowa wrote:On a separate note, disproving global warming is so easy a 6th grader can do it!

- what one is real then. Are you saying global warming doesn't exist or are you saying global warming is being caused by deforestation? Just a question

Well, some people say the globe is warming because temperatures in cities are rising, but if rural temperatures aren't rising, then it isn't "global warming", just "urban warming".

The other article was then to show that the urban warming could be explained by deforestation, thus disproving global warming completely! Not really, but it's a start lol.

Fun fact:

During Copenhagen, Al Gore said the polar ice caps would be completely melted in 5 years! Scary! However, the scientist's data who he quoted openly denounced him as misinterpreting his results.