eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jtresham wrote:So it's $5. cheaper this year. Did Woot receive economic stimulus money?

Woot shirts are sold for $10 on the first day and $15 after that, as long as they survive Reckoning. That's why you see the $15 price tag on the older shirts.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

gChinkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gChinkin

There's nothing more traditional to wear than Woot's ugly sweater T-shirts...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
wjmoss wrote:So, is this gonna sell out? I went ahead and bought one, thinking they might be gone before morning.

The previous years' renditions suggest that it won't sell out, but Christmas miracles could still occur.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

lowra921

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lowra921

Wow! How did Woot manage to take a picture of those geese migrating in perfect formation like that?

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09

Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery cool shirt!

-Matt Colin

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Looks.................................warm?????????????????

Now, I need a white cardigan to go over it : )

Love mysteries? Want a mix of gay + straight characters? With a bit of Poe? Try my book, darn it ; ) In The Bleak December.

sophiecabra

quality posts: 26 Private Messages sophiecabra

Yay. Something I can buy only to find it itchy and repulsive before giving it to a thrift store. Brilliant.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

♫ beelzebub has a sweater put aside for meeee... ♫

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

mikelevey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikelevey

just bought one for the girlfriend and myself. now she can't be jealous of my red one i got last christmas eve!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
wootchawant wrote:♫ beelzebub has a sweater put aside for meeee... ♫

sounds like a bohemian crapsody...

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm

Is it just me or is this year's not nearly as ugly as usual... I actually like this one!

>insert funny quote here<

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Gatzby wrote:I hear blue is the in color this year.

careful or I'll post your kick ass hair pic

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

This is the first ugly woot sweater shirt I'd wear.

Which is why I'm sure I'll get a box of them next time I woot randoms

wootchawant

gChinkin wrote:There's nothing more traditional to wear than Woot's ugly sweater T-shirts...

agreed! furthermore, with the festive color scheme of this shirt, you could easily celebrate a patriotic christmas in july...

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
colinm09 wrote:I would say "Go for overnight shipping!"...but Woot hasn't printed them. Haha.

Well, it does say "+ $5 to get it overnight (Friday)". Can a Woot staffer or someone more observant than me tell me when these will be delivered if a buyer selects overnight shipping?

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

wootchawant

AdderXYU wrote:This is the first ugly woot sweater shirt I'd wear.

Which is why I'm sure I'll get a box of them next time I woot randoms

it does seem very boxing day-esque...

xazothia

chris12345 wrote:Well, it does say "+ $5 to get it overnight (Friday)". Can a Woot staffer or someone more observant than me tell me when these will be delivered if a buyer selects overnight shipping?

the notice on the front page says "There is a good chance "knitting" these shirts will take Aunt Norma a while. Expect these bad boys to ship by Tuesday,December 29th"

so it's likely that 2-day shipping would arrive around new years.

bubbachuck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bubbachuck

sure the sweater's ugly, but grandma knitted that thing for a week. that makes it beautiful.

Fear denies faith

chris12345

xazothia wrote:the notice on the front page says "There is a good chance "knitting" these shirts will take Aunt Norma a while. Expect these bad boys to ship by Tuesday,December 29th"

I saw that. But if it shipped overnight on a Tuesday, it would be delivered on a Wednesday, not a Friday as the +$5 overnight (Friday) bit says at the top.

Those two areas of the page seem to contradict each other.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

wow. I guess this is one time where I can say without restraint... man, ugly! Nah, but actually I kind of like it a little because of the moose, and the colors aren't too bad. Funny!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chris12345 wrote:I saw that. But if it shipped overnight on a Tuesday, it would be delivered on a Wednesday, not a Friday as the +$5 overnight (Friday) bit says at the top.

That's called "coding".

Because it is thursday, and Friday is generally a day we get mail, it says friday. In fact, it is probably coded to say a certain day for each day of the week, likely the day which it would most likely arrive (the next available business day). They are not going to specify each holiday. That would be a hassle. Ergo, they give a disclaimer in the write-up instead of tampering with the coding.

And really, they shouldn't need to. If you can't figure out that you don't get mail on CHRISTMAS of all days, maybe you shouldn't be trusted with credit.

harmonious1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages harmonious1
xazothia wrote:the notice on the front page says "There is a good chance "knitting" these shirts will take Aunt Norma a while. Expect these bad boys to ship by Tuesday,December 29th"

Which is exactly why I won't be getting one. Bummer, since I am going to an ugly sweater themed Christmas get-together on the 26th, would gladly have upgraded to the O/N shipping to get it on time but these won't even ship for another 5 days.

lordpil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordpil

The embroidery is rather amateurish, but amazingly consistent in size and spacing.

darkzealot89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkzealot89

it is a shame it can't be here for Christmas on time. no buy woot.

chris12345

AdderXYU wrote:That's called "coding".

Because it is thursday, and Friday is generally a day we get mail, it says friday. In fact, it is probably coded to say a certain day for each day of the week, likely the day which it would most likely arrive (the next available business day). They are not going to specify each holiday. That would be a hassle. Ergo, they give a disclaimer in the write-up instead of tampering with the coding.

And really, they shouldn't need to. If you can't figure out that you don't get mail on CHRISTMAS of all days, maybe you shouldn't be trusted with credit.

Okay. If that's the case, it's called "sloppy".

And really, USPS Express Mail is delivered on holidays, including Christmas. FedEx Express: not so much, but Express Mail is. If you can't figure that out, maybe you need to quit being such a silly pretzel twist.

Edit: Nice. Cheers, friend!

brainville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainville
chris12345 wrote:I saw that. But if it shipped overnight on a Tuesday, it would be delivered on a Wednesday, not a Friday as the +$5 overnight (Friday) bit says at the top.

It says Shipping Friday next to the 'Smartpost' logo. I just paid $5 for Friday delivery, so I expect it Friday.

-brainville

xazothia

brainville wrote:It says Shipping Friday next to the 'Smartpost' logo. I just paid $5 for Friday delivery, so I expect it Friday.

I'm sorry that you're going to be disappointed.

Theoretically, Woot could have printed these in advance, but I assume the issue would be knowing how many of what size to make?

But, er, it's my understanding that woot doesn't actually print shirts until or after the day of sale (don't quote me on that), and I don't blame them if they want to take Christmas (and eve) off.

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda

It may be ugly, but if someone were to give you a hand made sweater like that you better say thank you. It'd be knitted (knitting makes the little V shapes) and that stuff is a pain to do.

At least for me anyway. Crocheting is easier.

kodkod002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kodkod002
faughtey wrote:Mooses in love. Look at the puckered lips, the body language, the whoa! Cover the kids eyes, this is gonna get rough!

yeah, especially if you're not into most excellent public displays of affection! (only the bull moose have big antlers like that.)

shakensparco

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shakensparco

Isn't it a little late to purchase a Christmas shirt? I guess it's just early preparation for next year!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

nice one, w00t!

I expect nothing less.

MzEaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MzEaster

Why don't they sell the Christmas shirts BEFORE Christmas so we can wear them During Christmas?

EranRist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EranRist
chris12345 wrote:So will $5 get it to us on Christmas, or will it take Aunt Norma longer than that to knit them?

Not gonna happen. I work for the major delivery company that expresses your packages through the Federal States of the Union, and we have very limited deliveries tomorrow. Anything that shipped today would be due on Monday.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

It's not so bad! And the dark color will be sure to attract cat hair so you just have to grab a few kitties and rub them all over your body and--voila! A true sweater!

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

mojopotato

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojopotato

This may be ugly, but I bet Ralphie would have proudly worn it versus the pink bunny outfit.

mojopotato

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojopotato
EranRist wrote:Not gonna happen. I work for the major delivery company that expresses your packages through the Federal States of the Union, and we have very limited deliveries tomorrow. Anything that shipped today would be due on Monday.

Hmm I've never heard of MDCTEYPTFSU. How's the rates?

android4255

quality posts: 0 Private Messages android4255

You'll shoot your eye out!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

honestly, best looking of the three. kudos!

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
MzEaster wrote:Why don't they sell the Christmas shirts BEFORE Christmas so we can wear them During Christmas?

They do. This one will be here in time to wear during the Christmas season next year. I've gotten plenty of wear out of my 2008 edition during the season this year.

tomprodehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomprodehl

Hmmm! No disparaging comments about the poor abused elvish designers this year. Just take them for granted. Remember the little people who toil hard for you, you big terd.