kajlies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajlies

Looks like a scene band design. Not at all for it.

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
colinm09 wrote:Ok...I get that this is a monster and all...but hasn't it heard of a little thing called oral hygiene?

And that'll be a hat-trick.

enzobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enzobot

this is artwork.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
swapster82 wrote:Oh My God! Look what the cat 'hacked up'!!

this post made me go look at it again! wow it hurts my eyes to do that. looks like the quicksilver design that printed over at DBH.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Ha, but I thought everybody was tired of cutesy anime, swirly swirls and halftone bombardment?... (at least there are no bunnies)

Anyway thanks to everyone that enjoys the design! Cheers heartluce for your continued support and yes, dpbowl842- I'm a big Ed "Big Daddy" Roth/Ratfink fan! Also you can save it for Halloween this year. I forgot to say many thanks to shirtwoot for the print!

LettersToJapan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LettersToJapan

I actually really like this shirt! Sadly I don't have money in my account right now. If anyone is interested my name on TeeTrader is the same as this LettersToJapan, I'd be willing to trade any of my shirts on there for this one in a Mens Medium, we just cover our own shipping charges. The only shirts I do not have anymore that is listed is One Flew Out.../When Asteroids Strike, the others are pretty much free game. If there's any interest e-mail me directly at LettersToJapan AT Yahoo DOT Com.

katanamaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages katanamaster

Reminds me of something Ed Hardy would do.

-Expecting something witty?

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya

looks like someone was channeling Basil Wolverton. Well done.

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

I will not be purchasing this, for I am not a middle school skateboarder.

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman

Finally!! The revolting-mutant-rodent shirt everyone's been asking for!!!

lucky1988

jebalaya wrote:looks like someone was channeling Basil Wolverton. Well done.

Love the work of Basil Wolverton!

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus
dpbowl842 wrote:Is this a tribute of some kind to Ed "big daddy" Roth?

Must be a Rat Fink fan...

thank you, my thoughts exactly... except, more lawyerishly. watch out, woot.

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus
katanamaster wrote:Reminds me of something Ed Hardy would do.

no it doesn't. learn yer california car kustom kulture.

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

dfaris

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dfaris

(Shouldn't that be "kalifornia kustom kar kulture?")

I think you need to be a special kind of person to want to wear this t-shirt. And frankly, I don't think I want to meet you.

insanetx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanetx

This shirt has goood artwork dont care for rats or sludge looking monstor things. not so wallmart clerance rack looking as the one yesterday, but this one is just a little over the top . I couldn't picture my self wearing this shirt anywhere but a punk rock concert or with some friends and that is about it. have to pass on this one, just my opinion.

deadlyblonde

quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

So, I'm guessing the Grinch lost those heart sizes, turned evil again, zombified when he died, and dropped the cutesy dog for a freaky blue rat.

Hardcore.

madart04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madart04

Did Jerry finaly get fed up with Tom?

aluna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluna
sezen wrote:eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *wheeze* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

my thoughts exactly!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

It's like a party on my torso and everyone's throwing up.

aluna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluna

When i first brought up shirtwoot,I saw the "pretty" colors and thought "hey,this may be a girlie shirt. Nice!". Then I enlarged the graphic and nearly screamed! It's an undead grinch regurgitating a rat with bad oral hygiene! I have to admire the detail ,well done on that Lucky. But yikes,nightmares abound!

CoryBlink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CoryBlink

This makes me think of the band T's i see at hot topic. the cartoony style. i like it.

brandonrjackson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonrjackson

Not my cup of tea - but I did appreciate the obscure Brittany Murphy reference in the blog title!

AquaSky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AquaSky

I can't imagine this fitting in anywhere outside of a skate park for teens.

mrslarkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrslarkin

blech. i wouldn't touch him with a 39 and a half foot pole. Poor Max.

jpar345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpar345

I like it, but the print is too big on the shirt. Would have preferred it a bit smaller, but that's just me.

Koops12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Koops12
bluejester wrote:This kinda looks like it could be a design logo for a skateboard company.

I think it looks more like the design you would see on a metal band's shirt.

michalc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michalc

Oh my goodness! It looks like something from the creator of pokemon's nightmares!

idrawzalot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idrawzalot
Seriously Woot? You finally give lucky1988 a print and THIS is what you choose? I can think of 10 lucky designs I would have snapped up in a heartbeat, and you print this...

I can't believe what has happened to this site in the last year...

Couldn't agree more, lately the designs are just getting more and more ridiculous.

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong

I am utterly disturbed.

I love this website! ^^

salazarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salazarm

gross

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Ah, yes, a face only a mother could love:

"Mom, the kids at school were teasing me again today!"

"Aw, my poor baby, what were they saying?"

"They called me 'bug-eye' and told me I have bad breath and that my brain was showing."

"Nonsense, honey, your eyes are beautiful as a burning lotus blossom crumbling to ash. Your breath is as sweet as the stench of fresh mold. And why shouldn't you show off your bulging brain, can't be helped that you're as fiendishly smart as you are."

"God, mom, you just don't get it. I can't wait until I'm old enough for plastic surgery. Then we'll see whose nose looks like a slug."

"Aw, you'll always be my sweet widdle god-awful, creepy, monster thing."

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
madart04 wrote:Did Jerry finaly get fed up with Tom?

More like Itchy and Scratchy, no?

aaronhaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aaronhaven

I hadn't bought a shirt from woot in months...till I saw this design. In for one. Happy New Year to me!

jebalaya

lucky1988 wrote:Love the work of Basil Wolverton!

John Krikfalusi (Ren and Stimpy creator) loved Basil too. Here's an interesting critique of his more absurd artwork.

Check it out here

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun
Cdito wrote:This looks like the style a lot of post-hardcore/emo/pop punk band shirts.

In other words, it's a shirt designed for scene kids.

woot! should restrict first time wooters from getting the infamous Bustin' out chainsaws.

lucky1988

jebalaya wrote:John Krikfalusi (Ren and Stimpy creator) loved Basil too. Here's an interesting critique of his more absurd artwork.

Check it out here

Awesome post and read jebalaya!

lucky1988

This is a little background history regarding this design. The artwork was originally for a Halloween mask, but I thought it would look cool as a shirt design so I sent it in as a "daily" to shirtwoot. I participated in a creative exercise, (design your own mask) with an awesome group of creative artists at stylus.

I thought of this fun idea, if you choose to participate. You can download the mask here. It should fit on standard 8.5x11 paper. I'll send a free T-shirt to the first person who posts a photo of themselves in this blog wearing the downloaded mask. Hopefully this is OK with shirtwoot.

madart04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madart04
spilzer wrote:More like Itchy and Scratchy, no?

Truth.
It was jus the FIRST thing that came to mind when I first saw this shirt.

frogermann8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogermann8

whos on drugs when they made this lol

jebalaya

lucky1988 wrote:This is a little background history regarding this design. The artwork was originally for a Halloween mask, but I thought it would look cool as a shirt design so I sent it in as a "daily" to shirtwoot. I participated in a creative exercise, (design your own mask) with an awesome group of creative artists at stylus.

I just went to stylus. pretty interesting website. one of my absolute favorite artists is a member there, P. Craig Russell. I own most everything he did in comics. It led me to lurid's video of him kind of explaining his process. thanks a lot for the link, i will need to check that out a lot more.