theinvisible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theinvisible
t3hloofa wrote:Where did the rest of his tuxedo go?

I suspect it was pretty hard for him to cycle in the rest of the tuxedo, so he took it back off.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sophiecabra wrote:Every year for Christmas I ask for a penny-farthing.... and every year I get a velociraptor instead.

I hate Christmas.

I got a rock.

WriteWay

quality posts: 9 Private Messages WriteWay
Earlysong wrote:This velociraptor is obviously a criminal. I feel sorry for the fellow whose tux collar and bicycle he stole.

Oh, yes, because it's impossible that a velociraptor could make an honest living that would allow him to purchase a tux collar and bicycle legally. It's assumptions like that that keep us in the Mesozoic era.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
WriteWay wrote:Oh, yes, because it's impossible that a velociraptor could make an honest living that would allow him to purchase a tux collar and bicycle legally. It's assumptions like that that keep us in the Mesozoic era.

seriously, when good things print, even the commentary improves

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
WriteWay wrote:Oh, yes, because it's impossible that a velociraptor could make an honest living that would allow him to purchase a tux collar and bicycle legally. It's assumptions like that that keep us in the Mesozoic era.

I'm sorry, but the cliche mustache is an absolute giveaway. And look at the manically gleeful expression. Don't be so naive.

I love this website! ^^

KeyserSoze33

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeyserSoze33

This shirt makes me happy.

Ordered, before the inevitable sell out tomorrow.

kiriska

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kiriska

There goes my New Year's resolution. Thanks a lot, you Victorian velociraptor, you. I see now why they say you are villainous! You've had me revoke my vows of vanity purchases!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Yay Sokowa! this is one of the coolest shirts I think you've ever done. Awesome! (Bought so fast my credit card got wallet burn).

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

duner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages duner

No offense to any of the artists' submissions, but the designs these days are WAY TOO REDUNDANT. All I see are animals centered on the shirt or goofy statements scattered in a square/rectangle design that is centered on the shirt. What happened to truly creative designs that take up different areas of a shirt (offset to the left or right, down the left or right arm's length, up high, down low)? I'm just saying because I stopped buying Woot shirts about 3 weeks ago after accumulating about 12 of them then realizing that I was getting bored with the design schemes. Just a thought.

nesler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nesler
duner wrote:No offense to any of the artists' submissions, but the designs these days are WAY TOO REDUNDANT. All I see are animals centered on the shirt or goofy statements scattered in a square/rectangle design that is centered on the shirt. What happened to truly creative designs that take up different areas of a shirt (offset to the left or right, down the left or right arm's length, up high, down low)? I'm just saying because I stopped buying Woot shirts about 3 weeks ago after accumulating about 12 of them then realizing that I was getting bored with the design schemes. Just a thought.

Actually, I'm sort of bothered by the recent trend (going back a couple years) of shirts that are completely covered by a design, or have it down at the waist or up by one shoulder.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned... but then again, so is a dinosaur on a velocipede.

duner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages duner
nesler wrote:Actually, I'm sort of bothered by the recent trend (going back a couple years) of shirts that are completely covered by a design, or have it down at the waist or up by one shoulder.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned... but then again, so is a dinosaur on a velocipede.

I agree with that...you're right if you are looking for an old fashioned simple designed t-shirt, which is what Woot is essentially. There are a handful of designs dating back a year or two that I've seen that have the design up the side of the shirt that I was very impressed with...abstract, "dreamy" designs. That's my style I guess, but I do certainly respect tradition.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

This breaks a string of some truly uninspired designs taking first place in derbies. Even factoring some of the better recent derby winners, I'll go so far as to say that this is my favorite first place winner since "Rain Dance". Congrats on a well-deserved victory!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Also, as I said in the shirt's thread, this would make for an amusing pairing with "Walrus and the High-Wheeler" on back-to-back days.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Terrific design, and so much fun! I was really rooting for this one, and I'm glad to see it take first. Big congrats!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

being a paleontologist, and an avid cyclist, this is a must-buy for me!

and I LOVE the pencil-thin mustache!!

congrats, Sokowa!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Earlysong wrote:I'm sorry, but the cliche mustache is an absolute giveaway. And look at the manically gleeful expression. Don't be so naive.

I must disagree. As much as the cliché mustache typically means he is the villain, there is no way he can possibly twist the ends in that oh-so-maniacal way when he laughs. ;)

However, it is, indeed, still epic!

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

I'm trying to keep silly T-shirt purchases to a minimum since I have so many already, but this shirt definitely gets my approval, if only for the "double-yoo-tee-eff" value.

x3xleggedxninja

quality posts: 3 Private Messages x3xleggedxninja

Ha. Higgins and Pickering. Love it.

dougbishop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougbishop
latentbiologist wrote:hey not to be a buzzkill here, but velociraptor's s'posed to have feathers...

I like the shirt but also noticed the lack of feathers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor#Feathers

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman

Hate to be a spoilsport, but I need to point out that most paleontological research now points to the probability that Velociraptors were actually more likely to have ridden tricycles.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
duner wrote:No offense to any of the artists' submissions, but the designs these days are WAY TOO REDUNDANT. All I see are animals centered on the shirt or goofy statements scattered in a square/rectangle design that is centered on the shirt. What happened to truly creative designs that take up different areas of a shirt (offset to the left or right, down the left or right arm's length, up high, down low)? I'm just saying because I stopped buying Woot shirts about 3 weeks ago after accumulating about 12 of them then realizing that I was getting bored with the design schemes. Just a thought.

I agree. It is a special treat when a design works with the shape of a tshirt. Sometimes though, like in this case, I just couldn't figure how I could do that. Some people are far better visualizing in that way than I am.

~Cheers

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
AdderXYU wrote:Congrats on taking first. It's really quite nicely done, and always refreshing to see something of that ilk take the prize.

This dino sure is a clever girl

The proverbial kiss of death.

VieuxBoulogne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VieuxBoulogne

Congrats, Sokowa! This was my favorite of the final four fogged entries. Love the lines instead of dot halftone. Good luck on sales!

insanetx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanetx

another dino shirt? i thought there were better shirts in the derby.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Once they added a bike path in Jurassic Park... Things got... weird.

Nice shirt, congrats on getting first.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

Ah, a velociraptor on a velocipede! Just the thing, old man. Just the very thing.

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth

In for 2!

Glad I remembered to check, I was concerned because it's 9:00am EST already.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

Woot's just Gettin' High with Dinosaurs!

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

shlompsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shlompsen

I'm not happy with it because one pedal crank is so muck longer than the other one.
Even a dinosaur would have a really difficult time riding that way.

http://twitter.com/Wordfab

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Happy to not see the nine-panel bunnies or butterfly this morning. Here's hoping for foxes tomorrow!

Oh, and I'm buying one, of course. This is similar to what I was going to submit, but much more well-executed. Congrats on the print!

clockworkinfinity

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clockworkinfinity

I supposed after Eliza Doolittle just about anything was possible. The real question here is: how do those wheels fare over plains on which it has rained in Spain?

Migoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Migoto

The first Woot shirt I buy in a looong time. I'm happy this design got the first place. Congratulations sokowa!

8 shirt.woots (and counting)

britch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages britch

From the description:

“That’s just the thing, Higgins! Don’t you see? Name one gentlemen that wears a moustache like that."

I do declare that typo to be most distracting!

Awesome shirt sokowa

Owegoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Owegoman
JadenKale wrote:I must disagree. As much as the cliché mustache typically means he is the villain, there is no way he can possibly twist the ends in that oh-so-maniacal way when he laughs. ;)

However, it is, indeed, still epic!

Perhaps he is not a villian but merely a 'cad'. Note: As a cyclist I must have one of these gems! Ordering now.

progamer76002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages progamer76002

The Mansfield remark make me lawl

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Congrats Sokowa. Really cool design.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

The halftone work on this is outstanding. Bravo Soko, for a well deserved win!

deadlyblonde

quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

I had a delicious little roffle over this one =)

CpnStumpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CpnStumpy

It's nice to see a magicians pet being paid well these days, back when i was being pulled out of a top hat I could hardly afford ramen on the alms that jerk gave me, more less a complete two-wheeled bicycle. Tires and all!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats SOKOWA!

I love it!