bandit55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandit55
Re: Party Like it's 1999BC

Nice work, this looks really cool!

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Ancient Egyptian (wearing a) T

Coming direct to you from the runways of Memphis (that's Memphis Egypt, not Memphis Tennessee) and 2000 or so years ago, young Ptolemkhamen models the latest fashion trend: A message T.
Translated into modern English ... at least according to the Hieroglyph dictionary I found on-line --- the T-shirt the figure is wearing says:
ALL I WANT
IN LIFE IS
YOUTH BEAUTY WEALTH BEER

... Now, let's hope I did this right.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
artulo wrote:Nice work, Andy - looks good! Voted.

Thanks Artulo. I'm still waiting on yours. Right?

bluetuba

quality posts: 60 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Rock Like an Egyptian

This is pretty badass, rock on dude! \m/

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Laundry Day

Adorable, as always Walzman. There's always an awesome amount of whimsy in your work.

marzipanapple

xazothia wrote:I'm not really feeling the texture on her face, but otherwise this is a really excellent illustration. Very nice.

A ditto on this. The texture on her face distracted me from the rest of the design for a sec. Still, it's very well executed (and the color choice is perfect).

scumit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scumit
BootsBoots wrote:Bah! I am terrible at the masculine and the feminine. How can you tell if a chair is a man or a woman? It makes no sense!

Right? I took three years of French and I still manage to mess it up :P very nice design btw :]

marzipanapple

Re: Rock Like an Egyptian

Haha, I love this guy's body movement/expression. It's awesome. It's not my type of shirt, but it certainly made me laugh. Best of luck to you.

thezukes

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thezukes
amesj wrote:I love the tie, what a great touch. The shirt wouldn't be as funny without. Keep up the good work, I've loved almost every design you've put up over the last year.

The tie sealed the deal for me. My wife is gonna be pissed if this one gets printed, because I'm gonna have to buy one.

There is no "I" in "Ayatolla."

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: Egyptian Math 101: Volume of a Pyramid

Egyptian Hieroglyphic rough calculation of the volume of the great pyramid in Egypt.

Waxitos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Waxitos
Re: The Ten Commandments

This looks like clip art of Dwayne Johnson in The Scorpion King. Maybe the People's Eyebrow.

http://maxpages.com/files/wwfrockbottom/Rocks%20Eyebrow.jpg

• "For every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by the morning light."

Waxitos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Waxitos
Re: The Ten Commandments

Or maybe Yul Brynner:

• "For every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by the morning light."

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Sun Brings Life

This is really skillfully done, Ramy. I wish you'd post a tutorial too. It would be interesting.

amydalager

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amydalager
Re: The Ten Plagues (resub)

Cool, cool design for anyone familiar with Jewish history. I love it. Hope I get a chance to buy one!

andrewdanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdanger
Re: Ou Est Le Discotheque?

this looks a little too similar to this.

I hope it doesn't get rejected.

corruptwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corruptwolf

I really love the shadows and the realistic effect that it adds. I also like the dark color of the shirt that goes with it. I am definitely saving money to buy this one.GMV

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: Ancient Egyptian Plumber

fail....

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

realitytwist

Re: WiiGyptian

NO would anyone seriously wear this???

realitytwist

Re: Death Defiance

i'm sick of brown shirts, but this is hot! good luck!!

realitytwist

Re: Neferkiti

i wish you had made a Bast reference instead of Nefertiti, but i'd buy it and pretend =) good luck!

vika19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vika19
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38562]cleo

I don't know how important it is to anyone else, but the jaguar looks like a leopard (yes there is a difference). Being a leopard makes more sense anyway since jaguars are from Central America...

I think this would be better with a cheetah, since the egyptian elite kept hunting cheetahs and there is no real connection of cleo to leopards, or jaguars for that matter, at least that I am aware of.

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: The Scarlet Lady

I rarely vote for designs I wouldn't wear, but there's something about this one that just really strikes me. I love the art style and the colors. I think orange is the right color for this shirt, even though I personally don't wear orange. Very nice design, and you got my vote. =)

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
snarkygal wrote:oh good lord, give me a break! I hope they ban video game references forever

When they first banned video game references they said it was 'Until further notice'. I didn't see them say that it was lifted, but it must have been as the rejector has come and gone and this still stands.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Mediterranean Diet

Good job Broseph! Really clean and pa- pa- pa- professional

kender42

OscarRogers wrote:It just says no bunnies. I see no reason that anyone would need to FIX IT!!

I posted this in the comments on the Mario shirt, but it applies here as well:

When they first banned video game references they said it was 'Until further notice'. I didn't see them say that it was lifted, but it must have been as the rejector has come and gone and this still stands.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: HRR

I am not going to tell you what this shirt means, but if you have some time and want know... this is one of the many translators I used to get the text for the design. I know the translation is remedial at best, but I think I got the jist of my point across on this design.

For those of you too lazy to do any translating, the answer can be found here.

Comments and tips, as always, are much appreciated.

earausch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earausch
Re: Ancient Egyptian Plumber

I like the antiquing look. I hear peoples' concerns/annoyances about videogame references, but as long as they're fair game this week, this is well-designed, witty, and on-theme. I'd buy it.

bkeyser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkeyser
Re: Cone of Shame

Love the UP reference here. Cone of Shame, LOL. Kids will totally get this shirt.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Andy47240 wrote:Thanks Artulo. I'm still waiting on yours. Right?

Yes it's still coming - I got started late and it takes awhile but hopefully it's worth the time :D

JustinC197

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197
Re: Pyramid like legos

Okay, I'm probably a geek for saying this, but I love Legos. Your shirt GMV or to be grammatically correct, HMV (Has My Vote).

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: Eternal Love

New year, new me. I thought I'd try something a little bit more involved than I usually do. Trying a different way of processing my art into digital form. I'm never 100% happy with the way it carries over with the way that I normally do it, but this time, I think I was able to pretty much accomplish my vision. I hope it's well accepted and I hope people enjoy it.

-Cheers!

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Solar Scarab

I really like this one! Was actually kinda disappointed with the submissions till I saw this. Thanks PP!

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Woot is the New Egyptian

it says woot in hieroglyphics

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Anu-Busy V2

The kind of clever humor that I was hoping to see in this derby! GMV!

kender42

Re: The Puzzle of the Pyramids

I wish there UFO was higher and you could emphasise the Tetris aspect of it more. Otherwise I think this is great!

kender42

Re: Neferkiti

IMO way way to large on the shirt! Just wow, its HUGE. Scale it back a bit and it would look better, again my opinion.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
Re: Turquoise Scorpion

I really like this design, the flow, the space in the design, the color, etc. It would make an excellent gift for my sister. I wish i was a scorpio like her so it would be more appropriate for me to wear it.

Pretending to be human since 1913

kender42

Re: The Sun Brings Life

I really like this one. It looks great ON the shirt, and that is what counts.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I thought about reworking this design for this contest, but the original was so specific and pretty much exactly as I wanted it, I thought changing it around any would be to much of a struggle. I received a good number of requests asking for this design to make an appearance in this contest in some form or fashion, and I finally decided to see what I could do with it to get it submitted.

The colors and much of the composition are the same from the original design I drew for the Sun derby. I included a falcon and removed the sun, which I was pleased to see didn't really change the overall feel and flow of the original.

Thanks to all you guys who messaged me asking to see this design again, and I hope you like the alterations!

Here is a link to a larger image of the design:
http://i49.tinypic.com/30lf0o5.jpg

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Eternal Love

Those tones look great. Dark and mysterious.