glowsocks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glowsocks
Re: 1984 B.C.

I'm a sucker for a BTTF reference. GMV!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Neferkiti

I don't think there is much that hasn't already been said... fantastic. Anything with a cat gets my vote... but great art and a cat?!?! I wish I could vote twice. ;)

kneusha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kneusha
Re: Walk Across the Street Like An Egyptian

Folks, despite this thing doing well in terms of New Hotness, I pulled it off and resubmitted with my improvemetns and yes, a Shirt Comp! Big Thanks to those of you who took the time to give this NEWBIE your welcome and your suggestions! Now if you PLEASE will be as kind as to hit that VOTE button again....it leaps into the vacuum to be back at 0......(;_;) ...

kneusha

acschaab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acschaab
Hammylink wrote:I think the idea is that they hook the power cable to one of the trees since there's no clock tower...

That's a great guess for those glyphs. I have spent the last 30 minutes (otherwise known as "quality work time" *lol*) Googling Egyptian heiroglyphs in an attempt to figure out what those two mean, along with the "half-circle over legs."

I haven't had much success with the "two trees," although the closest I could find was "two reeds" that look awfully similar, but the "two reeds" symbol in Egyptian glyphs is simply a "long y" sound, like "ee".

The "half-circle over legs" isn't much clearer either. The "half-circle," more commonly referred to as the "bread bun" in Egyptian glyphs, is commonly the letter "T," and the legs simply mean "moving." However, the "bread bun" has been known to denote femininity, so maybe this glyph is meant to represent Doc or Marty having a love interest way back in the day?

I'm so confused!! :P Tgentry, help us poor peons out and explain these few glyphs to us! Your readers are dying to know! :D

--Tony

johncreillyphile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncreillyphile

I'm sure Woot will be nice and change the title to 1985 B.C.

That's not against the rules is it?

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

you'll have my vote regardless, but can you explain some of the symbols? i mean i get some of them.

the car with the flames
doc
marty
the symbols above radioactive?
the next dash marks on top of dash marks?
flux capacitor
the next two tree looking things?
lightning bolts
two trees one with a leg?
half moon with legs?
car racing down the pyramid
lightning bolts
and flames

can you explain the question mark ones? i am assuming they are actual hieroglyphics meaning something, but i don't know anything about them. thanks in advance.

Happy Beer.

kneusha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kneusha

.it leaps into the vacuum to be back at 0......(;_;) ...[/quote]

what the...woot is putting words in my mouth!!!! what kind of place is this?!

kneusha

kmtowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmtowers
JesseBYAH wrote:Haha, cute

Love the design and definitely agree that it's cute but even cuter would have been "I want my mummy!"

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
kneusha wrote:

what the...woot is putting words in my mouth!!!! what kind of place is this?!

Welcome to the woot filter. Words that might be offensive or phrases that are overused, like sucks, or fail get twisted. Helps keeps the place family friendly.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Egyptian Mythology (Resub)

Directly resubbing a rejected design is questionable.
Copying someone else's artwork is sad.
But directly resubmitting copied artwork after already being caught is just downright shameful.

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Re: An Unlikely Encounter( V2 ).

These two soldiers encounter a 'Dune Nessie', a relic from the Jurassic period, whilst on a 'recce' mission. There'd be enough venom in this fella, to wipe out the entire Egyption army! 6 cols. on navy.View Large Image Here!

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Re: An Unlikely Encounter( V2 ).

Please note that this design fits comfortably within Woot's dimension limits( at least 3 centimetres on either side of standard template and plensch space above and below!! This shirt wraps around on either side, creating the impression( I speak from bitter experience here ), at least for some members of the Woot comm, that the design is too close to the seams. Tut, tut..;]

EngineDriver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EngineDriver
eHalcyon wrote:
And yeah... I'm really disappointed to see an entry like this from an artist who has made so many other great pieces.

Agreed. I think the design is better executed than many previous IT'S MARIO GEDDIT?!? LOL GMV! designs but that doesn't mean it's not disheartening to see something that seems like a blatant copout come from such a respected designer.

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids
Re: Eye Love Egypt

Wow. When I submitted this picture, the background was all white... the figures printed on a white t-shirt. Now when I click on the image I see pink or creme and in some cases a mottled pink and white. The actual shirt submittal looks like the thumbnail but the background shirt color is either white or creme (I submitted it on white).

yardenxanthe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yardenxanthe
picasserole wrote:Hip-positioned prints are a personal favourite but whether the mainstream wooter is similarly disposed, is anyone's guess. I'll do a hip-pos on navy tee and upload asap. Thanks for commenting and good luck with crafting( googled ya )..;]

Aww, that was sweet of you.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Egyptian Mythology

I guess the public shaming got to you! Good, maybe you'll learn. You can't remove this one yourself. Stealing someone else's work is bad. Tracing over a picture you found by googling "phoenix egyptian mythology" and calling it your own is just cancellation.

Original art:

Original art (50% opacity, shrunk) over your sub:

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Hey everyone, sorry to leave you hanging on those hieroglyphs.

I got a lot of the symbols I used from here. The symbol above the radiation symbol apparently means "no". I used two 8's to represent 88, although as someone mentioned I could have used a more accurate way of showing 88. I figured having two recognizable 8's might be easy to spot.

The two blossoming reeds by themselves are ambiguous and could represent any number of things. Maybe Marty fell in love, or someone fell in love with Marty? Maybe it involves the setup they used to get back. I kind of wanted actual Egyptian symbols that might get lost in translation or not readily apparent what they might symbolize in terms of the story.

On the next line I made up the lightning symbol and combined it with "was coming" from the above link. Then the rest should be self explanatory.

Originally I wanted to have the Sphinx being the thing hit by lightning, with the lightning being what damaged the nose, and the two time travelers using that info to get back home (like the clock in BTTF). But I found it pretty impossible to get that information imparted in the design in a simple way. Plus Doc and Marty would have no way of knowing when the lightning might have struck, so I just scrapped it.

Hope this helps.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Rise of The Scarab King

PILE OF SCARABS YES

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Khepri

This is a beautiful design, Art, congrats on movin up!

bassanimation

Re: Rock Like an Egyptian

Everytime I look at this it makes me smile. I just keep coming back to see it!

bassanimation

Re: Laundry Day

Still pulling for you Walz!! I really wish the shirt was creme, but alas..I am probably one of 3 people who like the creme shirt. GREAT design, and I love your characters, as always :D

bassanimation

Re: Mirage (RESUB)

Looks like you and my friend had the same ideaspace It is amazing how often it happens with artists. Great design and I like the sillouhet approach.

I dont think I spelled silooeheet right... ^^;

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
Re: Wash like an Egyptian

I love your cartouche...That is the touch that lifts this from being a good design to being a must have...GMV

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
bassanimation wrote:Still pulling for you Walz!! I really wish the shirt was creme, but alas..I am probably one of 3 people who like the creme shirt. GREAT design, and I love your characters, as always :D

HAHAHA bassa, Yes, my personal choice was creame too, but I knew it is not too popular.

but thanks so much for the support! you are so nice!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
xazothia wrote:not with that account...

L0L !

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
tgentry wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to leave you hanging on those hieroglyphs.

I got a lot of the symbols I used from here. The symbol above the radiation symbol apparently means "no". I used two 8's to represent 88, although as someone mentioned I could have used a more accurate way of showing 88. I figured having two recognizable 8's might be easy to spot.

The two blossoming reeds by themselves are ambiguous and could represent any number of things. Maybe Marty fell in love, or someone fell in love with Marty? Maybe it involves the setup they used to get back. I kind of wanted actual Egyptian symbols that might get lost in translation or not readily apparent what they might symbolize in terms of the story.

On the next line I made up the lightning symbol and combined it with "was coming" from the above link. Then the rest should be self explanatory.

Originally I wanted to have the Sphinx being the thing hit by lightning, with the lightning being what damaged the nose, and the two time travelers using that info to get back home (like the clock in BTTF). But I found it pretty impossible to get that information imparted in the design in a simple way. Plus Doc and Marty would have no way of knowing when the lightning might have struck, so I just scrapped it.

Hope this helps.

thanks T! gmv!

Happy Beer.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
SnowQueenVT wrote:To celebrate the purchase of my very first woot t-shirt today I voted for ...EVERYBODY! Hurray! Good luck everybody, I really would want all these egyptian shirts and I am having alot of fun being involved in this derby. Do you want to know which shirt I got for my very 1st?(well I will tell you, since you are still reading... It was the exercise , some motivation required T-rex which I wanted for me but I got it in a kid size for my littlest. pwrpufgrl got the gummie bears.)so anyway, I am excited about us getting those 1st t-shirts, they will be very special to us.Bye!

Haha congrats on your first purchase!

Your design isn't getting enough attention- it's very beautiful! Your entry in last weeks derby didn't get the attention it deserved either. You're a great artist. Please keep submitting!

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
CrescentDebris wrote:Oh dear, so many comments from those who can't vote. Thanks regardless.

I can vote! So here's another one for ya =)

acschaab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acschaab
tgentry wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to leave you hanging on those hieroglyphs.

Hope this helps.

'Preciate the info. Oh, and you had my vote at the first DeLorean heiroglyph. :D

--Tony

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
JesseBYAH wrote:Haha congrats on your first purchase!

Your design isn't getting enough attention- it's very beautiful! Your entry in last weeks derby didn't get the attention it deserved either. You're a great artist. Please keep submitting!

JesseBYAH you are so sweet and thankyou very much. I love having you looking out for me and I love your artwork too! I can't stand to wait for the next weeks idea I am whupped this week and decided to not stay up till 2am everynight drawing tshirts this week as much as I would love to. Especially since the subject matter this week I love. Yes, I can't wait for those tshirts to arrive,we are psyched!loveya.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Khepri

Fogged? Wow! Thank you again voters!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: It's BACON !

like it or not It's bacon! dogs don't know it spells bacon.

Liam911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Liam911

[quote postid="3721576" user="artulo"]I guess the public shaming got to you! Good, maybe you'll learn. You can't remove this one yourself. Stealing someone else's work is bad. Tracing over a picture you found by googling "phoenix egyptian mythology" and calling it your own is just cancellation.

No I didn't remove it for that reason at all... I messed up and didn't read the rules so I took the shirt off to not waist anyones time with it. I honestly thought I could do what I did as long as I didn't use the actual artwork it self, and for this I apologize to everyone, its definitely embarrassing, It wont happen again.

ThirstyFly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThirstyFly

GREAT!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Brilliant idea! Wonderful and an absolute blast to "read" this design. This is classic.

qphelixqp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qphelixqp
Re: Anu-Busy V2

I really need this for my wife, she voted on the original but it's removed so we'll both be voting on this one.
She really wants a print too!
you'd think the cat-lady would want to vote on more cat art! she loves the 'dog'

Fatstrat06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatstrat06
Mavyn wrote:Welcome to the woot filter. Words that might be offensive or phrases that are overused, like sucks, or fail get twisted. Helps keeps the place family friendly.

Hmmm, things that are overused eh? You'd think it would scramble up all the people whining about video game characters and bunnies then...

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
artulo wrote:Fogged? Wow! Thank you again voters!

Wow is right. I didn't think this was even in the top 20 yesterday or maybe the day before. Congrats.

onesockjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onesockjr

I would like this better if it were on a lighter color of shirt.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: Egyptian Math 101: Volume of a Pyramid

lets call your symbols for sides X. Wouldn't it be 1/3 or equivalent symbol X * X. ??