parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: 404: not recognized address from servant

If you're gonna send your servant to tell me what to carve, at least send one I can understand.

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753
Re: The Scarlet Lady

I love your art on this and would wear it in a heartbeat save for the fact that I look awful (like death warmed over) in orange.

Brown is great though! I love brown.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: His Future's So Bright...

I also dig the texture but it looks like he's balancing a ball on his head.

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
parrotworks wrote:Hieroglyphics loosely translate to:

I've seen fire
and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days
that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Ah.... that song makes me incredibly sad everytime I hear it. Beautiful song but so sad.

Nice design. I'd like it a bit more if the rain faded in on the left so it wasn't as boxy, but overall nicely done and I like the color palette.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Radscoolian
monkeyswag wrote:Love this. Love it, really. No bs. Dangnation... excellent concept. So, spot on, I can almost smell the ancient dust and feel the grit beneath my feet.

Thanks bro! I'm glad you like it

Seinfreak37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seinfreak37
EdtheSpoonyBard wrote:Agreed, it is a bit low. I love the idea behind it though. If you could just shift it up a bit, I think it would garner a lot more attention. I hope this prints!

Agreed. A few tweaks and it would have my vote

stingray69

Re: caravan

I wish you had gone with the silhouette of the original Caravan. I think it's more distinctive.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: i wrote down this song

Great design and a sad, beautiful song. gl.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
albinoapple wrote:Congratulations, you drew a phoenix.

Are you actively TRYING to be predictable and without creativity?

Horus is one of my favorites in mythology, and I knew as soon as I saw the theme that I wanted a design centered on him. I believe that there is clear symbolism in the design, and I tried to depict the elements in a drawing style as close to the original carvings and paintings as possible. Anyone who knows anything about Egypt knows how important gold was to the people in terms of honoring gods and figures of importance, so I thought that a design depicting a god done in gold made a lot of sense. I think that I stayed true to Ancient Egyptian style while keeping elements of my own, and every part of the design was carefully planned and is there for a reason.

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Re: The Sun Brings Life

Pretty sweet stuff, man.

stingray69

Re: Neferkiti

Nice job with the expression. Looks like she's smirking a bit.

flower753

Re: Ancient Offerings

I love this so much! GMV

lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38557]Herb, in Spanish that means

colors really work...

sgaon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgaon
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38562]cleo

Very pretty. What do the hieroglyphics mean?

thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
BootsBoots wrote:I really like yours. And isn't it strange that we both took the theme in the same bizarre direction? I love it.

Same direction? We both have scarabs but beyond that I don't see any similarities. What am I missing?

flower753

Re: Playing in the Sand

I love this! GMV

stingray69

Re: Discovery

Good coloring choices.

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: WiiGyptian

Niice... GMV

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Egypt In Suburbia

Very creative and well executed. Love it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
xazothia wrote:the Egyptian representations don't have tails. :P

Ehhh??? Why do most anthropomorphic creatures of the past lack tail?!? Old school Werewolves, as well. >.> Bah!

I'm a big fan of tails. I really like the elegance a tail adds to a graceful looking creature.

Woot's Men's Smalls: A speck on a shirt that might be art. Don't bother...

kn1srut1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kn1srut1
Re: Sphinx Dream

4 colors on Lemon Yellow.

If I were a sphinx...this is what I would dream about.

Hope you enjoy!

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
cainja1 wrote:I love the design! But I don't like the shirt color. I don't think it meshes well at all. I'm not a fan of any of these egyptian shirts or this derby but I really like your art. You have my vote for now but I highly reccommend changing the shirt to a darker color - I think brown would work well.

Good luck!

I was going for a hot midday sun feel, given that that is one of the associations with this particular deity, and settled on orange as the best conveyance of that.
I started out with red, originally, but I struggled with the colors in the rest of the design.
Cranberry might work, but I felt like I risked making it look too much like dusk, even given the sun's position in the sky.
Brown would make the linework disappear unless I completely reworked the colors, and it would run the risk of making the sky look weird.
At least, this was my thought process - any of the other colors, in m y opinion, would have been too 'cool' for the desert concept.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: I Carry Kings

I Carry Kings.

Halftone sample is in the shirt comp.

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny

Good concept... GMV

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

flower753

sgaon wrote:Very pretty. What do the hieroglyphics mean?

I believe they spell Cleopatra (maybe?)

stingray69

Re: Let There Be Text LOL

At first glance I thought this was somebody cleaning up some graffiti. Hmm, Ancient Egyptian vandalism... maybe I'll post it in the theme thread.

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Ehhh??? Why do most anthropomorphic creatures of the past lack tail?!? Old school Werewolves, as well. >.> Bah!

I'm a big fan of tails. I really like the elegance a tail adds to a graceful looking creature.

I love the look of tails too, and I have drawn Sekhmet with a tail in the past, but this time, I was going for a more traditional depiction.
I don't know how much the Egyptian pantheon is considered anthropomorphic. Really they just have animal heads.

petzo002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petzo002
Re: The Great Blueprint at Giza

To note, I did do my bit of research and found out how to do numbers in hieroglyphics. The numbers are semi correct. As is the symbol for "cubit".

stingray69

Re: Scarabnügen

VW should use this idea for their ads.

stingray69

Re: Egyptian Football Sunday

Now with 100% less murderous spouses! I liked that part of it but it was pretty complicated.

stingray69

I'm glad you got this one in before the weekend. You seem to always submit a great entry on Tuesday or Monday evening when it's practically too late to get much support.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

I'll delete the other should this surpass the original. Higher placement as requested. I like them both so doesn't really matter to me. Now, vote again.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: I Carry Kings

good use of only 3 colors! very elegant.

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel
Re: It's good to be the pharaoh

Not that there's anything wrong with that

celticdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticdragon

The last guy on the bottom right... his arms... are kinda messed up.

capedcrusader514

Ok, so I updated this thing as there were some requests. I'll remove the other one if this surpasses it. Thanks guys.

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer
Re: The Sun Brings Life

Although this is totally not my type of shirt, I have to say it's pretty well done. It's certainly not cute, and in my opinion the halftones aren't over-the-top swirly and shiny.

I think this shirt, more than some of your other work, falls into the category of "the artist's style" rather than overuse of tired technique. So, good job, Ramy, I'd like to see you keep moving in this direction.

capedcrusader514

Seinfreak37 wrote:Agreed. A few tweaks and it would have my vote

Added another if you guys want to vote for that one instead, after the saturday I'm removing the one with fewer votes. Thanks everyone who actually liked it.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
flower753 wrote:I believe they spell Cleopatra (maybe?)

you are correct. at least according to google.

thanks for the comments and votes so far!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
Oldyeller89 wrote:If this wins I am going to ask why there is a wifi signal on its head.

If this wins, I'll tell you.