+ Add a Comment

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
ressamac wrote:I am impressed with your line work. It looks like all the mummies are different.

They are, sooooooooooo monotonous probably why i currently l hate them.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Egypt In Suburbia

This is well done and very charming!

ressamac

Re: The Sun Brings Life

One of your best! As always, stunning colors.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
ressamac wrote:You know I love this one and I am really happy that she is not mean anymore! You did a great job: the design, the lines, the colors and I am really glad you put it on cream. GMV

Thank you very much! It was nice to have extra time, otherwise, well, I wouldn't have attempted such a detailed illustration. It was great getting feedback from people. They're so nice. You're in that group, ya' know, nice, nice, nice.

ressamac

Re: Laundry Day

I love your sense of humor and how it comes through in your designs. This is wondeful. GMV.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 28 Private Messages KaylaJ
Re: Anu-Busy V2

lol, its so corny its funny.

and yeah, i once tried to draw a mummy for a design and i gave up on it cause the bandages drove me crazy! i can only imagine what you went through.

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Laundry Day

The concept is brilliant. Do share your brainstorming technique.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: The Sun Brings Life

Cool and hot. Nicely done. I'd love to watch over your shoulder while you work on something like this. Any chance you'll post some kind of tutorial on the subject? Anyway. Great job and gl.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
BootsBoots wrote:"Où Est Le Discotheque?"

Foux Da Fa Fa?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
ressamac wrote:I love the the design and the colors. Thanks for the detail shot.

Thanks Ressa!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: the Ten Plagues

I love that frog glyph.

parrotworks

Re: Death Defiance

I think the cropped view on the thumbnail may be robbing you of a few votes. Nice work.

tesandara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tesandara
Re: Building Giza

Silly archaeologists; building pyramids isn't any more difficult than building castles...

sefjwm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sefjwm
eHalcyon wrote:Foux Da Fa Fa?

Aiiiya!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
eHalcyon wrote:Foux Da Fa Fa?

I had to google. Which tells me, I really need to watch more Flight of the Conchords.

(C’est ci, baby!)

lmarchae

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lmarchae
Re: WiiGyptian

I thought this looked familiar, so I found the one from Derby #67: Video Games Through Art History: WiiFit Like An Egyptian. I must say, I definitely like the changes to your new one over the older submission- this one is much less cluttered and straight to the point. The only thing that I'm going to nitpick on here is the hieroglyphics. They are always supposed to progress in the same "direction," per se; for instance, all the faces and "sides" of the glyphs are oriented in the same direction, which indicates how they are read. The image of the man next to the one of a god (both on the bottom of the screen and in the pillar) is pointed in the wrong direction. It's not that big of a deal, but it's something that'd probably keep me from buying it.

"Lightspeed's too slow. We'll have to go straight to...LUDICROUS SPEED!!!"

Boatload of Crapo-Primo: 10

parrotworks

Re: i wrote down this song

Quick thanks to all for the supportive comments. Almost didn't bother submitting this one which just proves I have no idea what flies at woot.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

@MJ, Bass, Sailor, and Ress - Thank you!

tjost wrote:I gotta say the perspective in this is way off for me. Every element seems to be at a different perspective (ie the brick lines of the pyramid are skewed to the base, house is flat when you should see some side, back right corner of pyramid is up in the air compared to placement of the tree etc) Sorry Nice idea I just think you should have spent some more time on the angles.

S'okay, Teej. Perspective has never been my strong suit.

kn1srut1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kn1srut1
Re: It's good to be the pharaoh

Reminds me of a sculpture I saw at the Peggy Guggenheim Museum in Venice, Italy...

http://www.guggenheim-venice.it/inglese/collections/artisti/dettagli/opere_dett.php?id_art=107&id_opera=212&page=

kn1srut1

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38557]Herb, in Spanish that means

I don't get it...

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38562]cleo

I never knew that the Egyptians went to South America and brought back jaguars! Cool!! =P

In all seriousness though, I do like the art on this shirt. I can't see myself wearing it, but good job on the illustration.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
bassanimation wrote:I understand the coloring might be similar to fire, which fire + bird usually = phoenix. But this is definately very much indicative of how Horus is depicted often in Egyptian art. The firey touch is kind of neat, as I think Horus was the sky god, so he was said to contain the moon and sun. So, the firey touch represents the sun very well.

I don't mean to argue this isn't Egyptian or on theme. But creatively is this much different than a phoenix? No.

kn1srut1

Re: Discovery

Mad props for your use of light and shadow.

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak

Knew it. <_<

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Ancient Offerings

Since the new thumbnail hadn't passed this one after an hour or so, I took it down. To those who voted for it (this was the thumbnail):
please be sure to vote for this one:

Re: Ancient Offerings

Thanks

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Mirage

The thumbnail doesn't really do this justice. You should resub with a new one.

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: Discovery

I love the lighting in this design! It captures the mood brilliantly.

parrotworks

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38610]god

I suggest you drop the hieroglyphics and resub. I think they detract since no one can really read them anyways. My 2 cents.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
theinfinityloop wrote:@MJ, Bass, Sailor, and Ress - Thank you!

S'okay, Teej. Perspective has never been my strong suit.

Ohhh I agree about it being tough. I am so bad about perspective. I see the minor mistakes, but I can forgive it. Perspective is extremely tough to nail down, and this is still an adorable design

magicart87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicart87

This has been one of the best Derbys in quite a while!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

You're one of woot's most consistently creative and awesome artists. Another great piece of work.

capedcrusader514

This is the only one now, so vote away people.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
stingray69 wrote:Nice job with the expression. Looks like she's smirking a bit.

Thank you. The real Neffers is more interested in giving me the stink-eye and stealing my soul than smirking, so I had to work it out somehow. She's a little McGrumpersons.

capedcrusader514 wrote:You loooove dressing animal up.

I promise not to make a habit of it. ;) Thanks.

Thanks to Azurett, Ressamac, Draug, and Tobias.

sneezycop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezycop
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38557]Herb, in Spanish that means

I remember that episode of "WKRP in Cincinatti" Hysterical

capedcrusader514

haha, it's not even like woot like video games they like mario and link.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Star Scarab V2

Resubbbed with simple line art.

capedcrusader514

capedcrusader514 wrote:haha, it's not even like woot like video games they like mario and link.

oh and the distressing looks really good too, one of the few times i think its actually worth it.

kliniczny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kliniczny

Very nice sticking to the theme.

Oh, and a meaningful glyphs.

GMV!

GreatClips

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GreatClips
Re: The Great Blueprint at Giza

Nice interpretation, I took the blueprint route as well, though didn't model after anything built

Vote at Goodjoe

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
lmarchae wrote:I thought this looked familiar, so I found the one from Derby #67: Video Games Through Art History: WiiFit Like An Egyptian. I must say, I definitely like the changes to your new one over the older submission- this one is much less cluttered and straight to the point. The only thing that I'm going to nitpick on here is the hieroglyphics. They are always supposed to progress in the same "direction," per se; for instance, all the faces and "sides" of the glyphs are oriented in the same direction, which indicates how they are read. The image of the man next to the one of a god (both on the bottom of the screen and in the pillar) is pointed in the wrong direction. It's not that big of a deal, but it's something that'd probably keep me from buying it.

LΟL. That's perfect, that's exactly the way people nitpick when they're serious about it. Especially that last line!