cuthysmalz2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuthysmalz2

For this shirt to work you need to go atleast 88 mph!!!

RARbuddha


quality posts: 1 Private Messages RARbuddha

i cant wait for the hollywood exec's to get wind of this and make the best movie of 2011:

"Back From, and Then Subsequently to, All of which is Shortly Followed by Going Towards THE FUTURE!

sdsvtdriver


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sdsvtdriver

i dont get the two symbols that surround the lightning bolt and the one right before the pyramid...

lonelypond


quality posts: 436 Private Messages lonelypond
bluejester wrote:It's all Greek to me...wait a minute...



ha! fun...

Now everyone's going to want a time machine that matches

HalfWheat


quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

So that's where I left my flux capacitor! Could someone go back and get it for me?

mistamoose


quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

So, top row, I see Delorean, then Doc with Marty on his skateboard. Radiation sign with water above it. The hash marks have 8 on top, 8 on bottom, which matches with the 88 mph needed? Fluxcapacitor and then the heiroglyphs for the letter Y?

MissJamieD


quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD
arilvdc wrote:Or people who like to show us what they ate all day.



I personally like to rock the color of cream in my attire when confronting potentially life-threatening situations. As a neutral color, it has been shown that the color of cream is not only soothing, but it also heightens serotonin (and therefore, dopamine, and therefore feelings of endearment).

Give me a sec, I'll grab a link (and no I am not a color expert, but merely a grad student that makes TONS of powerpoints that are subliminally controlling the audience's inner emotions).

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

My question is how long will this last in the reckoning. On one hand it is a pop culture reference known to be popular. On the other hand it is a tgentry shirt and the better his designs are the quicker they speed to reckoning....

Broonale


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Broonale

If only the shirt color was stainless steel!

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
llamabox wrote:Seriously, I don't understand cream shirts...



What else would you have wanted for this design, that integrates the cream really well?

bluejester


quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester

I so want this shirt, but if I get another t-shirt I'll be looking into upwards of 50 shirts in my closet.


This shirt is serious win on all levels, both for tgentry on design and woot for the write up and shirt condition. I wish

Ben64


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ben64
KittyPryde wrote:BTTF is one of the few movies I have possibly seen more than any other movie in existance. It is a line from the film, where George McFly accidently says "Density has brought us together" instead of destiny.



Sorry, but he says "Lorraine... my density has popped me to you" and "I'm your density"

I've seen BTTF 1&2 at least 50 times each.

acschaab


quality posts: 1 Private Messages acschaab
KittyPryde wrote:BTTF is one of the few movies I have possibly seen more than any other movie in existance. It is a line from the film, where George McFly accidently says "Density has brought us together" instead of destiny.



Close, but the actual line that George McFly says to Lorraine in a disastrously-hilarious come-on attempt is "My density has popped me to you."

sinsemilla


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

Pure genius. This should be turned into a new movie in the series. That would be awesome.

They could even have a scene where they run into Ash from Evil Dead. But I digress...

sinsemilla


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla
sdsvtdriver wrote:i dont get the two symbols that surround the lightning bolt and the one right before the pyramid...



It's gotta be an electrified gate. The second one even has a wire, and the other glyph represents a storm cloud over the pyramid.

acschaab


quality posts: 1 Private Messages acschaab

According to Tgentry in the derby comments for his shirt, this shirt is actually telling a different tale from Doc and Marty's time-travelling adventures, and not one that was ever shown in a movie (or the short-lived animated series, I would assume). Here's the story as we were told and have pieced together from semi-factual Egyptian glyphs:

The Delorean arrives in ancient Egypt (glyph #1) with Doc and Marty (glyph #2) in tow. There is no plutonium available (glyph #3), which is needed to get the DeLorean back up to 88 MPH (glyph #4) and send them "back...to THE FUTURE!" The flux capacitor is dark (glyphs #5 and 6) but needs 1.21 jigowatts, the exact power output of a bolt of lightning (glyph #7), to make it work again (glyph #8). They move the DeLorean (glyph #9) to the top of the pyramid and use the velocity of gravity to accelerate the car to 88 MPH (glyph #10), where it is struck by lightning at the base of the pyramid (glyph #11) and disappears, leaving twin trails of fire behind (glyph #12).

Hope this helps!

--Tony

wootchawant


quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

ah, tgentry, this is an instant classic! give me a pepsi free... >=b

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

arilvdc


quality posts: 11 Private Messages arilvdc
MissJamieD wrote:I personally like to rock the color of cream in my attire when confronting potentially life-threatening situations. As a neutral color, it has been shown that the color of cream is not only soothing, but it also heightens serotonin (and therefore, dopamine, and therefore feelings of endearment).

Give me a sec, I'll grab a link (and no I am not a color expert, but merely a grad student that makes TONS of powerpoints that are subliminally controlling the audience's inner emotions).



Hmm...maybe I should wear this shirt while riding my bike then.

acschaab


quality posts: 1 Private Messages acschaab
wootchawant wrote:ah, tgentry, this is an instant classic! give me a pepsi free... >=b



You want a Pepsi, pal, you're gonna pay for it! :P

3jmtech


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 3jmtech

Congrats tgentry! I'm in for 1

neubigr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages neubigr
colinm09 wrote:This plan seems destined to fail. When the DeLorean reaches the bottom of the pyramid, it'll simply crash into the ground. The angle made between the pyramid and the ground is simply too steep...in order for this plan to work, the slope would have had to have been much more gradual...of course, then the DeLorean wouldn't have ever gotten up to 88 miles per hour...



Much like driving 88 mph straight into a movie theater is an equally viable option...

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

oops! so late to say it, but congrats, Travis! This was excellently done and worth the 1st place win.

BignoseCaveman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BignoseCaveman

Tab, I can't give you a tab unless you order something.

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Congrats sir!


consanguineous


quality posts: 2 Private Messages consanguineous

Monroe,WA I grew up in Monroe, off Old Owen Rd. Must buy this shirt now.

I just wish the shirt were self drying.

tqrnr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tqrnr

so what ever happened to george mcfly?
oh, this.

No advertising please.

trevorx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages trevorx

where is max headroom in this tshirt?

flukeboy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages flukeboy

Too bad I'm broke. I wish I could buy this shirt. Very cleverly done.

wine.woot!: 1; sellout.woot!: 2; shirt.woot!: 40 w/ 1 v-neck & 1 bonus + 2 koozies; 4 randoms @ 3 each & 3 random @ 1 each; shirt.woot!/Classics: 2; & 1 light weight hoodie; woot!: 6; deals.woot!/Community Deals: 2;sport.woot!plus: 1

trevorx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages trevorx

acschaab you have it down pact! that is classic! its like I'm reading the Rosette stone left behind by Marty and Doc!

SuperNinja


quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja

I'm almost 100% sure I've seen that design before.
Was it (or something very similar to it) on here before?

rom


quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

there's goes the flux capacitor and the hoverboard.

KeyserSoze33


quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeyserSoze33

Great Scott!

Got a sale outta me. =)

plasticpopcorn4


quality posts: 5 Private Messages plasticpopcorn4
hookajoe wrote:This is awesome.

I love the part about driving down the pyramid. How else can you get up to 88 mph in ancient Egypt?




100 slave power?

p.s. how often do you get pulled over :D

venom4hire


quality posts: 11 Private Messages venom4hire
bluejester wrote:I so want this shirt, but if I get another t-shirt I'll be looking into upwards of 50 shirts in my closet.


This shirt is serious win on all levels, both for tgentry on design and woot for the write up and shirt condition. I wish





Ok lets see that is not even one a week, plus you have to calculate all the "oh no's" that you will spill on the shirts. So better buy three, wait forget that you need at least 88 shirts. Only 38 more to go, (figuring that you will now buy this shirt).

Do I want an extended warranty? Why, I'm just going to void it anyway.

fubaz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fubaz

In for one, making it my fourth tgentry shirt, and the third that's a derby blue ribbon winner. Thanks!

risingfalls


quality posts: 0 Private Messages risingfalls

Love it. Happy to see it got first. Makes my 4th shirt.woot purchase. Seriously, baffled by the people who claim to "not get it". Seriously guys. Seriously?!

Whistle tips go: Woot ~ woot!

Lachryma


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lachryma

Well that explains a lot about history.

m3talcore


quality posts: 6 Private Messages m3talcore

Yes, I like it, but I'm not sure about the color. I'll try one but if I show up in a DeLorean and warn myself against it then I'm afraid you loose a sale woot.

Radien


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien
colinm09 wrote:This plan seems destined to fail. When the DeLorean reaches the bottom of the pyramid, it'll simply crash into the ground. The angle made between the pyramid and the ground is simply too steep...in order for this plan to work, the slope would have had to have been much more gradual...of course, then the DeLorean wouldn't have ever gotten up to 88 miles per hour...



Well, the DeLorean wouldn't gain any speed after it hit the ground, so it'd have to reach 88 MPH during its decent down the pyramid, thus disappearing and leaving the flaming tracks at the base of the pyramid.

I'd think the real problem would be the fact that the pyramids didn't actually have smooth slopes. It'd be a really bumpy ride, making it difficult to achieve the required speed.

For that matter, how did Marty and Doc fly the DeLorean all the way over to Egypt in the first place? That's quite a long way from Hill Valley...

bluejester


quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester
venom4hire wrote:Ok lets see that is not even one a week, plus you have to calculate all the "oh no's" that you will spill on the shirts. So better buy three, wait forget that you need at least 88 shirts. Only 38 more to go, (figuring that you will now buy this shirt).



Sadly, as it stands, I can go over a month without washing any shirts and still pull out a fresh one.