bubbachuck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bubbachuck

mysteryd8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysteryd8

Sonofa. You just had to suck me back in, didn't you shirt.woot?

"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time." - Charles M. Schulz

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

One of _the_ great Internet memes. This shirt is better-executed (ie, the art doesn't suck) than most Internet inside jokes tees and the fact that it'd be on a high quality American Apparel blank . . . I gotta admit, if I had the steady income right now I'd be thinking about this one. It's just a little too internet nerdy for polite company (and, in that sense, it is just like me).

vypor87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vypor87

It's A Carp!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
llamabox wrote:Ugh... TeeFury...

(By that I mean... Have their designs always sucked or is it a recent thing? My first/only buy from them was the last $5 grab...)

It's neither always been that way nor is it that recent. Sometimes, someone makes craploads of money off pandering and they forget they had integrity. That's about the size of it.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
AdderXYU wrote:It's neither always been that way nor is it that recent. Sometimes, someone makes craploads of money off pandering and they forget they had integrity. That's about the size of it.

teefury is to star wars pandering like woot is to shiny anime animals?

yardenxanthe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yardenxanthe
bluetuba wrote:This is why you should always snip up your chinese handcuffs with scissors before throwing them away. Otherwise innocent Mon Calamari can become tangled in them and die.

Quality.

Schlauberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schlauberger

Love it. I wager it'll sell out before 6AM.

dasfwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasfwa

That is funny

b00ks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages b00ks

Whats with the sigs linking to powerup apparel?

Seriously? 25 dollars for a quote from a movie/tv show? They lack originality. Definitely not worth 25 dollars.

shessh..

formic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages formic

I am satisfied that this is my first woot. Simply awesome.

coniahg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coniahg

Fantastic! This was one of those "no brainers" that was just waiting to be done. Instant win and great job!

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

ninthWHEEL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninthWHEEL

spockgnome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spockgnome

AHhahahahaha!

I love this, and am either more comfortable with my high (trust me) level of geekiness, or just don't care!

I can't wait until my shirt comes, and I've purchased one for my 3 year old son!

I am also grabbing the song, Uncle Albert is one of my favorite McCartney songs, and I'm a bigger Beatle geek than Star Wars geek any day of the week...

Thanks Woot! :D

maxman820

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maxman820

[facepalm]

I almost have to buy it because the admiral is so damn lovable.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

coniahg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coniahg
Bandrik wrote:Augh. I liked this guy and his legendary quote long before it became an internet meme. I always called him "the lobster guy" and always thought it was awesome when he screamed about the impending trap they walked into.

So yes: "augh". I had to buy it.

Woot, you foiled my plans to keep my money safe from you yet again. Curse you.

I felt the same way, except for the whole liking him thing. No offense.

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

gemmahuit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gemmahuit

Wife will be pissed but Im in for 1! I mean how can you pass this up!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
KaylaJ wrote:teefury is to star wars pandering like woot is to shiny anime animals?

basically. except at woot, the voters are the ones who bring in the trash.

The tragedy is that this really is "good of type". It's way better than any star wars shirt TF has done, and it goes without saying that it stomps the pile of trash woot'll allow to print this weekend. But it's a little like in Wooster and Jeeves, when there's the vocal recital and everyone sings "Sonny Boy." It doesn't matter that the final singer is an operatic virtuoso... it's simply overdone, and the crowd reacts as such.

Jackofallgames

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jackofallgames

My torso can't repel awesomeness of that magnitude!

In for 2!

Player of all. Master of none.

weasalbalwarrior

quality posts: 7 Private Messages weasalbalwarrior

Alright awesome shirt, but without the title above it....terribly racist

QFT

quality posts: 3 Private Messages QFT

I can't believe I just bought one. I'd swear up and down that I'll never wear it on a first date, but the fact that I just bought a shirt like this tell me I'll never go out on one anyway.

immonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages immonkey
jrs1980 wrote:A little help on the song? All I can think is "I'm Super" from South Park: BLU (all the sorrys), but I don't think that's right.

The song is Uncle Albert by Paul McCartney and Wings. YouTube it, it's great fun to sing along!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

weasalbalwarrior wrote:Alright awesome shirt, but without the title above it....terribly racist

How so?...

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

it's so funny that people will buy a shirt because of the song in the writeup. I love Sir Paul McCartney but this shirt ? not so much at all.

KaylaJ

AdderXYU wrote:basically. except at woot, the voters are the ones who bring in the trash.

The tragedy is that this really is "good of type". It's way better than any star wars shirt TF has done, and it goes without saying that it stomps the pile of trash woot'll allow to print this weekend. But it's a little like in Wooster and Jeeves, when there's the vocal recital and everyone sings "Sonny Boy." It doesn't matter that the final singer is an operatic virtuoso... it's simply overdone, and the crowd reacts as such.

i have the teefury ackbar shirt, but i really should've held out a few days for the r2d2 shirt

but yeah, for everyone who complains about woot's no video game refs, they really should mosey on over there. and next wk when there may be a no star wars ref, same thing. i mean i like a few characters from star wars (though hate the movies) but i don't want to see them at least once a wk.

KaylaJ

QFT wrote:I can't believe I just bought one. I'd swear up and down that I'll never wear it on a first date, but the fact that I just bought a shirt like this tell me I'll never go out on one anyway.

that.was.hilarious! or should i say qft?...course what does that say about me, a chick who bought the shirt?

corran24

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corran24

hilarious, but no way in hell i'd wear a black shirt w/ a giant ackbar on it =/

geminga99

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geminga99
QFT wrote:I can't believe I just bought one. I'd swear up and down that I'll never wear it on a first date, but the fact that I just bought a shirt like this tell me I'll never go out on one anyway.

I'd start a conversation with a guy wearing this shirt, and I'm kind of shy.

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

scaffolding! Fell into shirt trap!

linkcld14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkcld14

(sigh) my inner nerd once again surfaces and falls victim to the magic we fondly call woot.

In for one.

ttlola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttlola

Wow! There's an Admiral Ackbar "It's a trap" shirt for sale on Teextile.com right now too.

Hard to believe Star Wars is 30+ years old, and still so popular.

I bought this one, and the the Teextile.com one.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
KaylaJ wrote:that.was.hilarious! or should i say qft?...course what does that say about me, a chick who bought the shirt?

And another chick here who also bought this shirt.

But on a serious note, I'm wondering if Lucas's lawyers are going to come after Woot for IP issues.

JayBird1288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JayBird1288
AdderXYU wrote:the hilarious part is that I've talked to certain staffers about how tired Teefury is with all their one-note references.

Humor wise, this is a step above, but really... I'm not going to pretend this isn't saddening to see. I guess it had to be, since Teefury is on woot's turf tonight with a meaningless cute bunny drinking coffee

im new to this ... what is a one-note reference?

cturnr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cturnr

got one

kossorihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kossorihana

I wish I could buy enough for gifts to my old SWG guild. If any of you are wooting, hiya NwRep!!! Love, Azuil

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee

hahha. this one is MUCH better than the obama "hope" poster version of TRAP.

deadpool532

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadpool532

Just bought two so I can have a back-up

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

I can't believe jimi had time to comment.

KaylaJ

strangely enough my last teefury shirt was a jimiyo shirt

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
mrwednesday wrote:He's come in to make similarly informative posts whenever anyone has anything bad to say about blatant profiteering of intellectual property. It's like he's trying to convince himself of something.

Alot of what you say is blah blah blah blah blah too.

My work is done here.

Excellent shirt, a sellout for shizzle! Congrats to the artist on getting paid and printed. A worthy illustration.