jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
JadenKale wrote:oh boy... I get the feeling the vote totals will be tight again.

Ditto. I won't be shocked to see a single digit difference between printing and not printing.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Wow. This is a huge surprise! This must have been a very close week. *Crosses fingers for a tgentry/drakxxx tie for 2nd*

Thanks to everyone who voted for this one!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Congrats on the print, CM!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Also, congrats to cmdixon! Definitely a surprise winner, but a worthy one.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

This was a late(r) entry too wasn't it?

Congrats on placing first! Really dig this shirt.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

An island? A smoke monster? Hm, am I Lost?

cturnr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cturnr

what is with woot and dragons? i will never buy a shirt with a dragon on it. I hope to never get this in a random shirt order either.

Leptailurus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Leptailurus

This design literally made me say "whoa!" out loud.

I can't get over what an awesome graphic this is, the composition is fantastic, the colors are delicious. The two moons is a fantastic touch, and honestly what won me over.

I snagged one up. I'm broke and recently unemployed but I just can't let this one go. Can't wait to get it! :D

meow meow meow meow meow meow

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
LunaGatto wrote:how sad but Zelda Rubinstein went into the light today. The 76 year old actress from the 1982 film Poltergeist who played the eccentric medium Tangina Barron died today.

Also Salinger and Zinn, but yeah, some obscure actress is way more sad. So much more relevant, too.

I think I've said this before, but I don't know if it's been here or not: Chris Dixon is an excellent example of why what should be winning here has nothing to do with personal preference, but pure quality. I am rarely remotely desirous of the work (and this is the same for me), but the quality is almost always top-notch and shirtworthy. That is what a winning shirt should be made of. So once again, congrats.

Gil212

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gil212
kashmirton wrote:Who else awkwardly turned their head upside down to see the pic both ways?

oh lmao
you know, i never even THOUGHT to turn it upsidedown until this comment
and now its even MORE epic then before!!!
im just confused as to how i did NOT see this before....
xD

princessdiablo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessdiablo

The shirt is great but what I love more is how the artist said as a comment in the blog entry that he didn't expect it to win and just hoped it would be printed.

Um, Chris, it got printed. In fact, I think it even won.

BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

Great illustration. colors are good, theme is nice,Iove the red and black on the bottom.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Chris, you are so very talented. Congrats! You not only created something visually striking, but also very wearable. It should be a lesson to others the way you interpret derby themes and make them your own.

also, completely loving the visual palindrome you have created. I've bought, and I've overnighted - can't wait to see how this prints!

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

Has anyone confirmed that is a dragon in the smoke? I'm not 100% sure, as that 'dragon' appears to possess a set of horns similar to those possessed by mammals.

If I'm not mistaken, that would make this a cloven-hoofed demon instead of a dragon.

Smoothesuede

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Smoothesuede

Typically, rocking a dragon shirt is the first step down a slippery slope to becoming a major toolbag. This, I know.
I dig the style, palette, and visualization of theme, but I'm going to pass. Dragons are not good times where I come from.

'Grats on the win.

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

After revisiting the shirt design (which is superb), a thought came to mind:

How does one overlook the fact that their chimney is puffing out demonic creatures? Certainly someone in that cottage noticed the giant, red-eyed beast peeking in their window!!

I understand that perhaps the residents have become tragically possessed by the evil; however, there is always one noteworthy member (be it wife/child/behaviorally-changed pet) that alludes to the level of fright created by the unnatural.

It's just so sad to think about the unfortunate destiny belonging to the tiny cottage's family.

overthinker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages overthinker
genericsmith wrote:I'm curious about the type of wood one burns to create dragon shaped smoke.

That's when they can't decide on a new Pope, right?

jfielder23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfielder23
shane2029 wrote:...i want some better woot shirts

I agree. I'm in no way knocking this artists design. It's a good design... but I just don't want it on my shirt. When will Woot start selling shirts suitable for adults again? Maybe grownfolks.shirt.woot.com, or possibly IdontplayWoWinmyparentsbasement.shirt.woot.com

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen

So, if you use natural gas to heat your house, you are evil? Or is that coal?

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen

Great design, congrats on the win! I'm going to debate purchase for a little while, because while I love the design, I wish it weren't on asphalt... I'm overloaded with asphalt shirts.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Way to go Chris. Really cool design.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09

Finally! I'll be able to do handstands in public and people will still be able to understand my shirt's design!!!

-Matt Colin

jtbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford

Holy scaffolding, how did this actually take first? I never like the shirts that take first. I don't think I can like this shirt anymore... but I'm buying one anyway.

Congrats on the print cmdixon.

felisha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felisha

Wow... just wow!

This is one of the most creative illustrations I've ever seen. Much love and appreciation.

This one is a MUST have!

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx

Congrats Chris! In for one!

SirLemmsalot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirLemmsalot

Well done Chris.
I like the 2 plane concept. Nice execution.
In for 2.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Pleasant surprise to see this today. Congrats, cmdixon!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Misskari wrote:Pleasant surprise to see this today. Congrats, cmdixon!

No one is more surprised to see this today than I am. I had myself pegged for 5th or 6th place for sure. I must say this is a nice end to my very long and tiring week.

Thanks again for all the support and awesome comments so far.

jlgish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jlgish
cmdixon2 wrote:Wow. This is a huge surprise! This must have been a very close week. *Crosses fingers for a tgentry/drakxxx tie for 2nd*

Thanks to everyone who voted for this one!

You are too modest . . . *Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!* This was my favorite!!! In for 1 and glad I beat any sell out!! This absolutely made my Friday . . . Chris, you ROCK!!

I think I need to go on a Woot diet . . . it's unbelievable all the junk they get me to buy!

gnatbean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gnatbean

Why is there a shadow ON the moon? That doesn't make any sense at all.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
jfielder23 wrote:I agree. I'm in no way knocking this artists design. It's a good design... but I just don't want it on my shirt. When will Woot start selling shirts suitable for adults again? Maybe grownfolks.shirt.woot.com, or possibly IdontplayWoWinmyparentsbasement.shirt.woot.com

I don't know... This shirt doesn't scream basement dwelling WoW kids to me. Or at least ONLY screaming basement dwelling WoW kids.

I do consider myself grown (married, career, part-time job, AND a cat) and I think this shirt is pretty cool.

I think most of woot's shirts are immature by nature and generally for the nerdy population.

I don't remember every woot shirt but I can't think of a whole lot of them that really would appeal to the "mature" set (Pipe smoking, curly moustache having, W.B. Yeats reading, etc)

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
MissJamieD wrote:Has anyone confirmed that is a dragon in the smoke? I'm not 100% sure, as that 'dragon' appears to possess a set of horns similar to those possessed by mammals.

If I'm not mistaken, that would make this a cloven-hoofed demon instead of a dragon.

I'll rephrase...

I'm curious about the type of wood one burns to create demon shaped smoke.

(Another quality post please!)

This beast doesn't seem to have legs though... Not sure how it'd have cloven hooves, unless it just happened to have possession of some.

"Yeah, they were totally on sale at Macy's... I know I don't have legs, but the deal was just too good to pass up"

Also... Congrats on making a shirt that doesn't require an explanation

"See... The derby theme this week was palindromes... Get it? CMON!"

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

I'll keep it short... I'd never wear this.

3goldens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 3goldens

CONSISTENTLY THE WORST DESIGNED & LOOKING TEE SHIRTS I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I AM AMAZED THERE ARE THAT MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH THIS LEVEL OF BAD TASTE!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa

Awesome. Congrats on the win!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

I didn't follow this week's derby too closely so I missed this- WOW! This is a gorgeous design and veyr much in the "cmdixon" style. Well done!!!

BcNexus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BcNexus

Want to see this shirt upside down? Press CTRL + ALT + Down Arrow on your keyboard on your PC running Windows XP or newer. That flips the screen.

To go back to normal, press CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

*Your mileage may vary. It at least works on machines with XP and an Intel video card.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren

I had expected Star Rats or Pi to win this derby. I am, as always, very glad to be proven wrong. Wonderful work, CMDixon. I'm in for one.

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

CMDixon, you think you were surprised to see this win, you should have seen by jaw drop open. Rarely does anything I like ever place in the top three, let alone win and if I vote for it, which I did for this, it is almost gauranteed to not even make the fog.

So let me say congratulations, got my vote, got my dollars, and I cannot wait to get my awesome shirt.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Very glad to see this win, I think it's a super cool design and fits the spirit of palindrome.

The people whining about it being "too nerdy" don't know what they are talking about. These are probably the same sorts who wear swirly seki scaffolding and think it makes them l33t. ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."