joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
cruzer wrote:Dang! Is that a requirement?

I got mine the day I turned 16!

Yeesh!

Talked to daughter about driver's license. She failed the written test. She needs to re-take it. The teacher was supposed to re-test her but didn't. A good Mom would call the school and complain. Sigh.....

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Afternoon all!

Staples came out today. Surgeons are officially done with me. Started nursing the baby again last night. First session went well, second not so much. Still working on it. He'll get it. We really confused the baby and gave him a bottle with breastmilk at the doctor's appointment (can't nurse and have staples pulled), completely shook up his little world.

I got my driver's license just before Christmas when I was 15 so

Where I grew up you couldn't even get to the high school without a car, everyone drove!

Happy 16th birthday joyner's daughter!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Stoopid Olympics are interrupting my programs!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:Howdy folks . . didn't get my license til I was 18 - Mom law.

I got my motorcycle license @ 16 but didn't get my auto until I was 20. I didn't have enough money for a car just a motorcycle. Dad wouldn't let me drive his car (wisely so). I drove my bike 12 months a year in freakin' Canada.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

AZGman wrote:Stoopid Olympics are interrupting my programs!!!

Don't worry Gman, Oprah will be back after the Olympics

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Woo-hoo, I'm dunkin' my Girl Scout cookies!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
dontwantaname wrote:Would you date a guy who didn't know how to drive?

That's really about the least of a hypothetical woman's worries. Besides, I don't think I'm going to date any more anyway.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Gatzby wrote:That's really about the least of a hypothetical woman's worries. Besides, I don't think I'm going to date any more anyway.

Hypothetical Woman, stay away from me
Hypothetical Woman, mama let me be
Don't come a hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now Woman, I said stay away
Hypothetical Woman, listen what I say-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

A brief and cheerful "Good Evening" drive by greeting to you all!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
no1 wrote:Hypothetical Woman, stay away from me
Hypothetical Woman, mama let me be
Don't come a hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now Woman, I said stay away
Hypothetical Woman, listen what I say-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay

*snap snap snap*

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
zea3 wrote:A brief and cheerful "Good Evening" drive by greeting to you all!

This is a drive by Hi Zea!!!!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Talked to daughter about driver's license. She failed the written test. She needs to re-take it. The teacher was supposed to re-test her but didn't. A good Mom would call the school and complain. Sigh.....

We take that at the motor vehicles office.
I think the kids can drive a little earlier if they take drivers ed, than if the parents teach them.

Son and friends waited until right before senior year to take their drivers test.
4 kids died in a car crash durning lunch hour when they were freshmen. The car had to remain for a few days for the investigation because of the deaths.
It was right near the school. They passed it in the school bus.
Every year after that one or two kids died in car crashes.
It must have scared the poop out of them, because most of them let their 17 birthday pass without taking the driving test.
They did all take drivers ed.
You can drive to school senior year, so there was a big rush over the summer to pass the test!

Legally you can drive to school at 16 with a junior license. Only allowed to drive to school and work.
None of the schools allow 16 year old kids to park.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Afternoon all!

Staples came out today. Surgeons are officially done with me. Started nursing the baby again last night. First session went well, second not so much. Still working on it. He'll get it. We really confused the baby and gave him a bottle with breastmilk at the doctor's appointment (can't nurse and have staples pulled), completely shook up his little world.

I got my driver's license just before Christmas when I was 15 so

Where I grew up you couldn't even get to the high school without a car, everyone drove!

Happy 16th birthday joyner's daughter!

So....still feeling good?
Sleeping? Eating?
Starting to do stuff with the baby?
Those antibiotics are tough to take and you took them longer than most people would have to.
You would have thought the doctors and hospital would have warned you so you would know what to expect.
Then again, most doctors refuse to believe their drug is the problem with anything.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gatzby wrote:That's really about the least of a hypothetical woman's worries. Besides, I don't think I'm going to date any more anyway.

Silly boy.
Yes you will.

But think about learning to drive!

It is just too weird that you don't know how.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:So....still feeling good?
Sleeping? Eating?
Starting to do stuff with the baby?
Those antibiotics are tough to take and you took them longer than most people would have to.
You would have thought the doctors and hospital would have warned you so you would know what to expect.
Then again, most doctors refuse to believe their drug is the problem with anything.

what did the doctors neglect to warn her about?

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Silly boy.
Yes you will.

But think about learning to drive!

It is just too weird that you don't know how.

perhaps i missed something. i thought he said only that he didn't have a driver's license. possibly he may know how to drive anyway.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:what did the doctors neglect to warn her about?

You are a pia.

Most of the reason she was feeling so awful was side effects of the antibiotics.
I'm sure if she knew that, it would have made it easier, knowing there would be a end.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:perhaps i missed something. i thought he said only that he didn't have a driver's license. possibly he may know how to drive anyway.

True, but if he could drive, why not keep a valid license. They never retest you. It is a better ID plus you can drive if you need to.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You are a pia.

Most of the reason she was feeling so awful was side effects of the antibiotics.
I'm sure if she knew that, it would have made it easier, knowing there would be a end.

I agree with No1 for a change, do you know if she was told this or knew of this?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Evening everybody

In regards to learning to drive...

My Granny wanted to learn to drive when my mom and her sisters were toddlers. Grandpa kept putting it/her off.

So... While he was at work one day, she hitched up the donkey to the cart and drove it to town, parked it in front of his office and went in with her girls to visit him. Would have been in the late 40's, early 50's I believe.

He taught her to drive very soon after that incident.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I agree with No1 for a change, do you know if she was told this or knew of this?

I believe FB post said that she looked through the anti-biotic side-effects that night before she was done with them, and discovered that several of her problems were actually side effects.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:I believe FB post said that she looked through the anti-biotic side-effects that night before she was done with them, and discovered that several of her problems were actually side effects.

Thank you kid!

You know, woot is getting as bad as my family. Nobody believes I know what I'm talking about.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Evening everybody

In regards to learning to drive...

My Granny wanted to learn to drive when my mom and her sisters were toddlers. Grandpa kept putting it/her off.

So... While he was at work one day, she hitched up the donkey to the cart and drove it to town, parked it in front of his office and went in with her girls to visit him. Would have been in the late 40's, early 50's I believe.

He taught her to drive very soon after that incident.

LOL love it!
There were still horse drawn carts when I was very young. I remember the vegetable guy coming with a horse.

I bet she was a great driver too. The women who did drive back then really wanted to. I had a great aunt who wanted to be a truck driver.
we are talking about someone who would be 100 today, so there was no chance. But she drove all the relatives into the city if they had to go someplace the subway didn't go. Traffic didn't scare her at all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:LOL love it!
There were still horse drawn carts when I was very young. I remember the vegetable guy coming with a horse.

I bet she was a great driver too. The women who did drive back then really wanted to. I had a great aunt who wanted to be a truck driver.
we are talking about someone who would be 100 today, so there was no chance. But she drove all the relatives into the city if they had to go someplace the subway didn't go. Traffic didn't scare her at all.

I remember our milk being delivered by a horse-drawn wagon. I actually thought I was imagining it, but mentioned it to my sister one time when I was in PA and she showed me an article my nephew had from a report he had to write on our town and it said when the milk wagon stopped operating and it was while I was old enough to remember.

(The above is an example of a run-on sentence.)

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Thank you kid!

You know, woot is getting as bad as my family. Nobody believes I know what I'm talking about.

You were right...this time.

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:LOL love it!

actually - my 4 foot Granny was a MANIAC behind the wheel.

My early childhood memories of her driving include hitting every pothole in the road, her sweater sash flapping in the wind because she shut it in the door EVERY time she got in the car, and repairing the landscaping as best we could when she had backed over something (to hide it from my Grandfather)

We usually got the landscaping to look okay, but often forgot to remove the evidence from the bumper, so she generally got caught anyway.

She was absolutely AWESOME!!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I remember our milk being delivered by a horse-drawn wagon. I actually thought I was imagining it, but mentioned it to my sister one time when I was in PA and she showed me an article my nephew had from a report he had to write on our town and it said when the milk wagon stopped operating and it was while I was old enough to remember.

Looked like a perfectly good sentence to me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:

I prefer the term "most excellent writing style."

It could have used some more commas though. I like commas.

//backs out of the reach of Poof's arm

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:actually - my 4 foot Granny was a MANIAC behind the wheel.

My early childhood memories of her driving include hitting every pothole in the road, her sweater sash flapping in the wind because she shut it in the door EVERY time she got in the car, and repairing the landscaping as best we could when she had backed over something (to hide it from my Grandfather)

We usually got the landscaping to look okay, but often forgot to remove the evidence from the bumper, so she generally got caught anyway.

She was absolutely AWESOME!!!!

My daughter went to music camp with the great grand daughter of Elizabeth Cady Stanton. (look up womens right to vote, for those of us too old to have learned it in school)
Because of that, she asked my grandmother about the women's rights movement.
My grandmothers take on it....."a bunch of nuts who wanted to vote. Who cared if we voted"

Same generation, totally different view!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I prefer the term "most excellent writing style."

It could have used more periods and a rewrite.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:I prefer the term "most excellent writing style."

Commas don't like me.
English doesn't like me.
Writing doesn't like me.
Spelling totally hates me. Especially vowels.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

Is anyone else watching men's figure skating?

The guy on right now is flailing his arms around so much it gives me a headache.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Tomorrow starts lent.
Somehow I stopped practicing the religion, except for lent. I always followed the rules for lent.
Don't know if I will tomorrow.
See what happens in the morning.

Oh gristle, I have pork chops for tomorrow.
Going to have to buy something else for dinner.

Heck there are only two fast days in the year. Maybe I'll do it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Tomorrow starts lent.
Somehow I stopped practicing the religion, except for lent. I always followed the rules for lent.
Don't know if I will tomorrow.
See what happens in the morning.

Oh gristle, I have pork chops for tomorrow.
Going to have to buy something else for dinner.

Heck there are only two fast days in the year. Maybe I'll do it.

Soup and grilled cheese tomorrow.

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Good evening again!

no1

dontwantaname wrote: Nobody believes I know what I'm talking about.

because you never offer any reasons to support your reasoning.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:because you never offer any reasons to support your reasoning.

You aren't even a real person.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

no1 wrote:because you never offer any reasons to support your reasoning.

that just supports my theory that she is in fact female

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
kdccrosby wrote:Is anyone else watching men's figure skating?

The guy on right now is flailing his arms around so much it gives me a headache.

Oh you must be referring to the guy who wore all black. For all his arm movements he sure was moving very slow across the ice. Have never seen someone skate that way and he's Austria's 5 time champion, hmm.

Evening wooters, sort of a drive by since I'll be watching the Olympics that I taped.

Hope everyone is doing well.

kdccrosby

lplady wrote:Oh you must be referring to the guy who wore all black. For all his arm movements he sure was moving very slow across the ice. Have never seen someone skate that way and he's Austria's 5 time champion, hmm.

Evening wooters, sort of a drive by since I'll be watching the Olympics that I taped.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yes!

I thought he might be having some kind of fit on the ice. And it was so slow it made the arm waving worse.