paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: BASIC RETRO

Whoa, flashback to my RBase days. I just know I'm gonna have nightmares about endless if-then-else loops.

LadyClodia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyClodia
Re: A Legend Was Born...(V3)

Wow, I love this shirt; it's such a great idea! Cringer (AKA Battle Cat!) was my absolute favorite! He was even my imaginary friend when I was like 3, lol.

TheLarrikin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarrikin
NoYes384 wrote:I work @ DP, and I fully support this shirt. GREAT work, and I'd be proud to wear it on casual Friday!

Excellent! Great to hear from a DPer.

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Part of this Complete Breakfast

Excellent! I love everything here! +1

shonnelizabeth

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shonnelizabeth
walmazan wrote:Deal!

Here is the recipe!

Thanks so much! Looks delicious and you have my vote. Good luck!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Star Glamour Princess Power

this is outrageous... truly, truly, truly outrageous! JEM!...+1

JoshuaHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaHippie
waterfallbooks wrote:Nice design - only fault I can see is that there can't be two white blocks on both sides of the same edge piece (unless someone used the peel and glue method).

Yeah, I caught that after I finished the design and put it in the derby. I desided I'd just chock it up to being vintage, they made mistakes like that too.

grateful3300

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grateful3300

I think dinosaurs are pushing the vintage theme a little too far. Nice shirt though.

grateful3300

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grateful3300

Is this an add for the insurance company?

zebulon99x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zebulon99x
Drakxxx wrote:Has anyone seen the remake of "The Crazies" that opened Friday? I wasn't the biggest fan of Romero's original, so I think I might be able to have a good time with it. (Unlike the Dawn of The Dead remake, which was an OK zombie flick, if it wasn't modeled after such a classic.)

Not enough zombies, but still watchable and interesting. I wouldn't see it again but I don't regret it.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

(RE My Jim always carries chewing gum)

icymallard wrote:the dogs are styled differently than the rest of the design...

OCD ALERT

Hi Icy Mallard, Yes the dogs are different... I am afraid to ask , what is OCD alert? Thanks for checking out the dogs though!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Hi Sakleehop, see you next week .I think maybe everyone should get some sleep around here!

sakleehop wrote:Hey Snow - I just couldn't get my head around this derby - no ideas at all. I decided that I'd sit this one out and just enjoy everyone's entries. As far as the late night goes - insomnia I'm afraid. Perhaps I'll have an idea for the next derby - until then good luck!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
TurtleMan91 wrote:son of a wisenhower i hope this wins!

"Son of a wisenhower!"

Thanks everyone. Pleased!

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
Re: Holy Guacamole!

WANT!!!

BootsBoots

brockart wrote:Is this Rainbow Bright meets Shira, Princess of Power?

I'm in to it.

Me too. I'd totally wear this.

Edit: Although, I think buying it for my boyfriend might be a better idea.

BootsBoots

Re: Poe Boy's

I thought I commented on this one before, but I guess I didn't. I keep coming back to look at it. It's really well done. The spot of green grey on the side of the face is a really nice touch for some reason.

BootsBoots

Re: Cheesy Poofs

Love the yellow and orange on brown. That's a great combo.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Brotha' Man

I really love this drawing Joshuahippie. I would feel uncomfortable wearing that slogan..It could say BACK OFF Sucker!!! And I would feel comfortable wearing it, I do love the drawing though, it is most excellent.

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
Re: up up and away

Man, I just KNEW this was gonna be you when I saw the thumbnail. A Dixon work with starships and rainbows? On LEMON? HELL YES.

Please win.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

Proxgotsthafia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proxgotsthafia
TheLarrikin wrote:If you know the song, then you know it's been ranked the 15th greatest hard rock song of all time. If you don't know the song, hey, you'll look good for the ladies. If you're a lady, well, you know, ladies can be doctors too...

I hand-tooled every letter and curve of this design, and included a self-made distress filter (no cookie-cutters on my watch!). I design what I like, and if you don't (like), let me know what you think.

Side-Note: The main reason I chose this version of the logo over an older variation (like it would have been circa 1989) was because I really enjoy the letterforms. But also, 'New Vintage', I believe, would encompass similar concepts as this. And it should be more recognisable than the old Dr. Pepper logo. (If there is outcry, I may retool it under the old logo, depending on vote-splitting.)

In four colours on Cranberry: White, Black, PMS 505, PMS 200

I would vote for this shirt a thousand times if I could. I want you to know that I will not be voting for anything else in this derby simply because I want to maximize the chances of this going to print.

Will this be printed on a "crue" cut shirt?

rattleshirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rattleshirt
graffd02 wrote:Lovin me some displacer beast... but the drow seems... off... maybe make it male and give him two scimitars?... Eh... eh?

The chibi Displacer Beast makes me smile,

Drizz't is arguably the most recognizable dark elf, sure - but the matriarchal society of the drow means high level fighters are more likely female.

Plus, what geek would turn down animated girly bits?

SnowQueenVT

Re: Think of the Children

Hi Bootsboots! I like the idea you came up with and it is very 80's, back then people were not as aware of the mass suffering that is going on in Africa. I wish that the word "maybe " was dropped from the end slogan...(Don't be upset)I know that is part of this shirts appeal to many because it makes it funny, but you have alot of power , the power to do good and the shirt could have that power as well... I spent a year hand painting little ornaments of african children and wrapping them in net to symbolize the gift of a" net for life" (they sleep under these nets because the malaria carrying mosquitos strike at night.) One net costs 10-15 dollars, but saves the very life of the orphaned children beneath it. I sold several hundred of the ornaments around Christmas and the proceeds went straight to Nets for LIfe. Well the situation over there is horrible. In parts of Africa 80 percent of the children are orphans. It is Hell on Earth . So when we say please think of the children , I wish we could all seriously , do that. I couldn't wear this shirt as it is although it is so darn close for me...just a word or two. Apathy coalition is very very funny to me though and I laugh every time I check it out on the reckoning. You have a happy sense of humor and you are a nice person too. I can tell that, use your power for good wonder woman!

PS my daughter loves you and always says "OH Boot Boots, I love her!" She always says "Oh, thats my friend BootsBoots."A huge fan!

FhoShplunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FhoShplunk
paigeg wrote:Ah, a smile to start my day. :D Just wish it wasn't so dark - it's very hard to see the design, though that could be my monitor...

I agree, it's really dark. Otherwise it's a great concept. Just... so dark it's hard to get at a glance.

TheLarrikin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarrikin
Proxgotsthafia wrote:I would vote for this shirt a thousand times if I could. I want you to know that I will not be voting for anything else in this derby simply because I want to maximize the chances of this going to print.

Will this be printed on a "crue" cut shirt?

Hah! Wow. Nice one! Maybe Woot will use that on the product description page.

This shirt looks like it may not get back into the fog (unless you get all your friends to vote!), but hopefully I'll get an honorable mention for it. At least that way, we can have another chance at this if it doesn't print this week.

Thanks for all of your support, everyone. It's really flattering.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Star Glamour Princess Power

Looks like Rainbow Brite, Sailor Moon, and She-Ra had a threesome. And then somehow had a baby! I like it.

p.s.That is one awesome sword.

FhoShplunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FhoShplunk
SnowQueenVT wrote:(RE My Jim always carries chewing gum)

Hi Icy Mallard, Yes the dogs are different... I am afraid to ask , what is OCD alert? Thanks for checking out the dogs though!

Well, it's not just 'oh the dogs are different' but, 'oh the dogs are different and it's distracting and takes away from the effect of the design'. Otherwise it's cute and fun, just... the dogs feel waaay out of place. you could probably take them out of the shirt altogether and get the same message across.

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: The Only Constant is Change - Heraclitus

Haha! I used to have one of these and forgot all about it! I would've never remembered that thing if it weren't for you. Good luck +1

SnowQueenVT

(RE my JIm always carries chewing gum)

FhoShplunk wrote:Well, it's not just 'oh the dogs are different' but, 'oh the dogs are different and it's distracting and takes away from the effect of the design'. Otherwise it's cute and fun, just... the dogs feel waaay out of place. you could probably take them out of the shirt altogether and get the same message across.

That is so true. I appreciate your insight very much.Thanks for taking the time to comment.

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: Ask Mr. Owl

Awe man! I changed the colors and added distressing

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01

To hell with the shirt, I'd buy a cookbook done in this style.

SnowQueenVT

RE comment I'd buy a cookbook...) You said it. He is so incredibly talented!

Carpathian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carpathian
Spiritgreen wrote:Thank you eye4spot and peckcw!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

'Atom Bombs cereal - grow inhumanly big and strong!'

GREAT vintage feel to this one. I was a bit of a cereal expert as a child of the 70's - LOVE the "simpler times" feel of this one

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
Re: Rock and Roll

I would buy this and wear it every day, no lie...Katamari from the waffleiron! Too bad this probably won't get printed.

cgj5361

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgj5361
Re: ZOMBIE DOOM SQUAD

When Drakxxx hits a home run with his illustration style the result is usually something very special. This one, though, just doesn't do it for me. Many of his submissions are very similar to each other. It would be nice to see Drakxx attempt something outside of his comfort zone.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
BootsBoots wrote:I thought I commented on this one before, but I guess I didn't. I keep coming back to look at it. It's really well done. The spot of green grey on the side of the face is a really nice touch for some reason.

Thanks Boots. In my mind, the greenish color brings it all together and keeps the image from becoming too flat.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
Re: Dyn-o-mite!

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this on topic?

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
Re: Mammoth Caves

Thanks for the support!

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

LenCar25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenCar25
Re: The Only Constant is Change - Heraclitus

AHHHH I HAD this fu**in guy as a kid!!! Oh god I didn't know he actually existed outside of my childhood.

SnowQueenVT

nyren wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this on topic?

re Dynomite!

It is on topic from the 70's tv show Good Times where the lead character always said "Dynomite!"

(people used to go around saying that, it was fun.)