darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel
Re: Holy Guacamole!

I just find myself loving all your designs, great work once again.

pazafuera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pazafuera
Re: Vote 4 George

That's kind of an embarrassing oversight...I will fix and resubmit. Thanks for the heads up.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Rap Attack Version: POP!

Man, I really love this!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
Galaxie64 wrote:Man I am always amazed about how mad people can get about some of these designs. Cool Idea and one of about 4 or 5 shirts I'd buy in this derby. My over under on how many more clueless people comment on not being retro is 6.

Ad hominem fallacies are unproductive. Perhaps you do not understand what an ad hominem attack is, so allow me to present this pop quiz. Please answer each opinion of mine below with "A" for "Ad hominem attack," "O" for "Objective Fact," or "S" for "Subjective Opinion." For reference, the "O"s are actual opinions of mine. The "A"s are not.

1) "People who vote for this shirt are clueless."

2) "People who like this shirt have bad taste in artwork."

3) "The style of this shirt is unoriginal."

4) "The style of this shirt is uninteresting."

5) "RamyB submits shirts in several different styles, though there are some stylistic elements he incorporates in nearly every design."

6) "This shirt is not done in the 'Retro' style."

7) "This art style is ugly."

8) "This shirt is ugly."

9) "The distressed look came into popularity in the late 90s and is not a 'vintage' technique."

10) "People who like this shirt had troubled childhoods."

11) "The distressed look adds to a 'vintage' design, but does not inherently make the design 'vintage.'"

12) "I believe that six more people will compliment this shirt than deride it, and all of them are banana-chewing monkey-faces."

13) "There are evil primates on this shirt."

14) "Galaxie64 descended from primates."

15) "Galaxie64 is the spawn of evil."

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
kamz wrote:I really really luv the shirt, simple & cute.

ditto

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: I got mooned!

Nicely done. I totally could see this on the rack at Savers... and watching a couple of trendy kids fight over it. It's RETRO! It's MINE!

As always, great work!

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: Predatory Pizza

you make him look a lot cuter! and who would say no pizza! love it!

eronel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eronel
Re: Mammoth Caves

God I need to buy something so I can vote for this design!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
darel wrote:I just find myself loving all your designs, great work once again.

Thanks darel for your words, is such a honor coming from you!, gracias

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Carpathian wrote:GREAT vintage feel to this one. I was a bit of a cereal expert as a child of the 70's - LOVE the "simpler times" feel of this one

Glad you think so! I'm a fan of these kind of vintage characters and layouts too. I spent a little time on Friday to research this specific period and absorb General Mills cereal style. It looks typical at first glance but then... the horror... the horrorrr!

I really appreciate the comment, thanks Carpathian.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

'Atom Bombs cereal - grow inhumanly big and strong!'

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: Careful, It's Hot...

Blow on it first before you touch it. You might explode.

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
Re: Vinyl Is Dead | v2

Please submit this at every derby. I will vote for it every time.

Thank you.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

cakeypigdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeypigdog
icymallard wrote:great drawing!

OH Rejected
Nevermind!

traviswho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traviswho
Re: Double Vision

going for a 60's psychedelic feel with this one

11azaleas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 11azaleas

Well, this is the first time I've ever entered a design anywhere and I was wondering if I was successful at all. I'm a little embarrassed; they have Monrobots on Futurama? I've never seen that. I was actually trying to make a play on Warhol's series of "Marilyns" with the basic silkscreen coloring and image (vintage), but then have it be a robot (new). I don't think my design makes this allusion clear enough... Anyway, better luck next week!

oldtdevil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oldtdevil
Re: Every Legend has a begining...

I've always refused to wear shirts with cats on them, but you may have made me change my ways.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
SnowQueenVT wrote:Hi Bootsboots! I like the idea you came up with and it is very 80's, back then people were not as aware of the mass suffering that is going on in Africa. I wish that the word "maybe " was dropped from the end slogan...(Don't be upset)I know that is part of this shirts appeal to many because it makes it funny, but you have alot of power , the power to do good and the shirt could have that power as well... I spent a year hand painting little ornaments of african children and wrapping them in net to symbolize the gift of a" net for life" (they sleep under these nets because the malaria carrying mosquitos strike at night.) One net costs 10-15 dollars, but saves the very life of the orphaned children beneath it. I sold several hundred of the ornaments around Christmas and the proceeds went straight to Nets for LIfe. Well the situation over there is horrible. In parts of Africa 80 percent of the children are orphans. It is Hell on Earth . So when we say please think of the children , I wish we could all seriously , do that. I couldn't wear this shirt as it is although it is so darn close for me...just a word or two. Apathy coalition is very very funny to me though and I laugh every time I check it out on the reckoning. You have a happy sense of humor and you are a nice person too. I can tell that, use your power for good wonder woman!

PS my daughter loves you and always says "OH Boot Boots, I love her!" She always says "Oh, thats my friend BootsBoots."A huge fan!

I'm happy to be your daughter's friend. I like to dress up like a princess sometimes. We probably have that in common.

brendon27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendon27

I agree with those who think this shirt looks out of place in a vintage derby. Just not feeling the vintage-ness.

Ramy, is there any chance you'd care to address the vintage question yourself? I'm genuinely, non-hostiley (word?), non-threateningly curious what brought about this idea in a vintage themed derby? The first thing I thought of was that old movie with Gene Wilder and the black guy, where one of them is blind and the other is deaf. Where are ya coming from on this one?

Vintage issues aside, I've never been a big fan of monkeys. I agree with the comments about the ears being too low, and that the head should be tilted back more on the third monkey. Also, I agree that the design in general feels kind of flat.

Consider a re-sub? I still wouldn't vote for it (which is worth nothing), but I would gain some respect for you and your future designs (which is worth slightly more than nothing).

"Can't we all just get along? Or have we forgotten the words of the Reverend King?"

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Tweets are for Birds

Get in the fog! hurry!

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry

BootsBoots

11azaleas wrote:Well, this is the first time I've ever entered a design anywhere and I was wondering if I was successful at all. I'm a little embarrassed; they have Monrobots on Futurama? I've never seen that. I was actually trying to make a play on Warhol's series of "Marilyns" with the basic silkscreen coloring and image (vintage), but then have it be a robot (new). I don't think my design makes this allusion clear enough... Anyway, better luck next week!

This is good for your first entry. The drawing is nice and I like how you did the subtle distressing without going overboard. Just keep entering and paying attention to other people's entries and what you like about them (or don't like). Good job on your first!

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64

Wow! Thank you everyone for your comments and votes! I'm honored that my design is in the fog, and I'm touched that a lot of people are responding well to it. I haven't been this encouraged for a while now. Thanks!

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Excelsior Fight Club

Just an activity group that I'm apart of, we meet up every week.

but I'm really not suppose to talk about it.

So I guess the shirt's we made we're a really bad idea...

traviswho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traviswho
Re: Double Vision

the placement is centered - didn't realize that it looks a bit confusing in the template above

BootsBoots

brendon27 wrote:...the black guy...

Richard Pryor!

brendon27

BootsBoots wrote:Richard Pryor!

Thanks Boots, it was a toss-up between looking up his name or getting back to work... I guess I didn't do either, in the end. :o)

"Can't we all just get along? Or have we forgotten the words of the Reverend King?"

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: Ask Mr. Owl

Made some changes which I think makes this a much stronger tshirt Please revote!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
brendon27 wrote:Thanks Boots, it was a toss-up between looking up his name or getting back to work... I guess I didn't do either, in the end. :o)

I'm not sure that I want to live in a world where people have to look up Richard Pryor to know his name.

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville

I love the picture, less a fan of the "nibbles". It is pretty self explanitory, and the pic is the focus, but the name dominates the shirt, imho

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca

[quote postid="3818864" user="eye4spot"]This is authentic vintage...great job!

Thx eye4spot

photophile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photophile
Re: sliced bread

I am always talking about something being better than sliced bread. This shirt is a must have. I especially like the circles in the background. It gives it a wonder bread feel that makes it more authentic. It made me giggle pretty hard.

PittViking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PittViking
Re: The House of Madness

Awesome awesome awesome! I really dig the design and color of this shirt. I hope your shirt get's picked :D

markusleibold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markusleibold
spartanerik wrote:I'm only a first year german student, but isn't "sein" an irregular verb? So conjugating sein in sie-form would be sind instead?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

"Sein" is an irregular verb. If you used "Sind", it'd be understood as a question. He is trying to use the imperative, even though to be 100% correct it'd gotta be "seien" - "sein" is colloquial, but I do not know whether that's on purpose. Unfortunately, I'm orderign from Germany and don't like the slogan "Trink und sei fröhlich" would probably work, but with the formal form mixed with a colloquial word, it just does not sound right to me, especially since the style otherwise does not fit addressing the reader formally

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
SnowQueenVT wrote:re Dynomite!

It is on topic from the 70's tv show Good Times where the lead character always said "Dynomite!"

(people used to go around saying that, it was fun.)

Thanks! It's nice to feel young by missing references ;)

AKrhudy86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AKrhudy86
dankstick wrote:This submission uses clip-art.

I liked and used that as a visual and did a simple redraw. Besides it being flipped around it is alittle different. My apologies if it isn't different enough.

Liam911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Liam911
Re: Italian Counting

I know I used this design back in the tree derby, just hope I submitted it under the right user name... Hope you all like it.

brendon27

Re: Every Legend has a begining...

Awesome design! What makes it for me is the left-hand cat's expression. Can't help but smile at that.

GMV!

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

BootsBoots wrote:I'm happy to be your daughter's friend. I like to dress up like a princess sometimes. We probably have that in common.

Thank you for helping us with your future bio.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Arkie123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arkie123
Re: sliced bread

A+Mazing!

SNARF!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
odysseyroc wrote:Wasn't that right around when Isaac Hayes died too? I still am kicking myself that I missed my chance to meet Rudy Ray Moore a few years back at Comic Con.

Yeah man, Issac Hayes passed on in 2008 as well.

zebulon99x wrote:Not enough zombies, but still watchable and interesting. I wouldn't see it again but I don't regret it.

Thanks, no one I know cared to see it, and I REALLY need to see Shutter Island before anything. I think I'll give it a go if I'm in the theater going mood. I agree your statement of it not having enough zombies is turning me off a bit, but it's not a make or break for me.

cgj5361 wrote:When Drakxxx hits a home run with his illustration style the result is usually something very special. This one, though, just doesn't do it for me. Many of his submissions are very similar to each other. It would be nice to see Drakxx attempt something outside of his comfort zone.

Thanks for the feedback. My style winds up coming through very strong in pretty much all I do, I realize that, but I figure it's part of what makes me a potentially recognizable artist. I'm never against trying new things and ideas, but for the most part I do what I enjoy and can place my integrity and interest in fully.