Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
gargrazz wrote:Blow on it first before you touch it. You might explode.

Is this a Time Bandits reference??

Hah, very cool!

"DON'T TOUCH IT DAD! IT'S EVIL!!!!!"

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tweets are for Birds
Altheahelaine wrote:p.s love you jasneko. Another rockin' design. Too tired and about to go to work to edit my last post. :P

<3 Thanks Altheahelaine!

odysseyroc wrote:Get in the fog! hurry!

*jump* *reach* *leap*, trying, trying!

Thanks OR!

Vote!

Arkie123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arkie123
Re: 80's Concert Tee

Hilarious! I'd so wear this!

SNARF!

fishinfellow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishinfellow
Re: NESterday version 2

Dang Dude thats nice. I hope you get the votes.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
AKrhudy86 wrote:I liked and used that as a visual and did a simple redraw. Besides it being flipped around it is alittle different. My apologies if it isn't different enough.

It is plagiarism; you are passing off the image that someone else did as your own. I suggest you resubmit this pronto with an illustration that you did yourself.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Every Legend has a begining...

The feet detail is really nice... not my kind of design but well done!

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: Ask Mr. Owl

Please revote if you would for the better version here http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40117

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: Disco Owl

everyone you meet,
they're jamming in the street,
all night long! (all night)
all night long! (all night)

love it!

Happy Beer.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
JesseBYAH wrote:HAHAHA! I love this! Well, I always love your stuff, but this... this is extra awesome =) Not your normal style of owl but I'm sure jabber will still be ecstatic! Very cute and fun, gmv =)

you are correct jesse! i was away from the computer all weekend help my gma, but right when i logged on i knew it was a jasneko owl!

Happy Beer.

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
supersonic213 wrote:Man, I just KNEW this was gonna be you when I saw the thumbnail. A Dixon work with starships and rainbows? On LEMON? HELL YES.

Please win.

my derby fav so far

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Looks like the Rejectionator kicked in hard this morning...

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Think of the Children

RE BootsBoots likes to dress up as a princess...

You are sweet," pwrpufgrl "is so happy you are her friend! You both are very pretty AND princessess!! Also both artists! ... and we are in your corner ! Thanks for writing to her , you're a sweetheart.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

j0naht

Re: Part of this Complete Breakfast

Ha! Love it, that's pretty twisted.

moonbunnychan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moonbunnychan

Gaaah, get it away, get it away, it makes me feel ANCIENT.
But ya, I remember recently overhearing some people talking about playing Legend of Dragoon when they were "kids", and I died a little on the inside because that game was a gift to me on my 18th birthday (along with a new PSone).

j0naht

Re: Sweet Happiness

Wow! What a great job!

visix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages visix
Re: PAYBACK

Might be breaking a rule; No references to any video games about mustachioed Italian plumbers. Game was on the same cartridge, technically not the same game though. Either way I like the execution and I hope your design isn't smited by the t-shirt gods.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Slydon wrote:Thank you for helping us with your future bio.

Damnit!

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: sliced bread

Love the concept, but "retro" or "vintage" doesn't mean "destroyed." A little distressing would have been fine, but the distressing is way over done, IMO.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
markusleibold wrote:"Sein" is an irregular verb. If you used "Sind", it'd be understood as a question. He is trying to use the imperative, even though to be 100% correct it'd gotta be "seien" - "sein" is colloquial, but I do not know whether that's on purpose. Unfortunately, I'm orderign from Germany and don't like the slogan "Trink und sei fröhlich" would probably work, but with the formal form mixed with a colloquial word, it just does not sound right to me, especially since the style otherwise does not fit addressing the reader formally

DARN IT! "Trink und sei fröhlich" was my original lettering... I corrected on note that it was not grammatically correct.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

WOW! this has so much pop to the color. Great work on the art.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
visix wrote:Might be breaking a rule; No references to any video games about mustachioed Italian plumbers. Game was on the same cartridge, technically not the same game though. Either way I like the execution and I hope your design isn't smited by the t-shirt gods.

They were originally released as separate cartridges. When I got my "deluxe set" I think it only came with duck hunt and gyromite.

craigcaski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigcaski

This is so hilarious! Best shirt of the derby for sure.

Edit: Doh, i'm new here. Referring to Sliced bread entry.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Tweets are for Birds

Go Jasneko, go! Fly little birds... fly into the fog!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
odysseyroc wrote:I love it! My only little nitpick is, I wish you went with the original all grey zappers instead of orange.

Yeah... 2 shades of grey.

Grey and dark grey.

This design would be a lot better with those... May as well resub. :D

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

jmleavitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmleavitt
Re: Don't Boldly Go There!

I like this shirt. However, with how crazy woot is with their intense fear of copyright infringement I would be amazed if this isn't rejected.

roricha084

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roricha084

My friend had Robie as a kid and I was always super jealous of him... I would feed him a penny to watch him in action

windsong137

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windsong137
Re: Kilroy's Still Here

As much as I love Kilroy and all of the mythos surrounding him, I don't think I'd want this shirt. It looks too...plain? I don't know how to explain it.

I would have liked this a lot more if it looked more scribbly.

Chickeninawhat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chickeninawhat
Re: sliced bread

I wasn't won over by the thumbnail, but then I noticed the "The best thing since bread" tag. Hilarious. GMV

acaudel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acaudel
DragonCMNDR wrote:I'd also appreciate any pointers or comments the pros around here have. I feel the design is sound, but I like to hear from vets the tips and tricks.

The first thing on my fix list is getting my design posted by Friday afternoon instead of later, as in this case, Saturday night.

(My humble opinion)
Great concept. I got the Tron reference right away, but I wouldn't have gotten the Say Anything reference until I read the description. Maybe the boom box isn't clear enough. Maybe make the boom box white, or light blue? (Lit up like one of the flying discs?) Maybe have a light cycle in the background where the car would be in the "Say Anything" picture. Or maybe just try to get the character's pose to resemble John Cusak's more closely. It's a great idea, and if you get the "Say Anything" idea across more clearly, it would be excellent.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: The Vintage Truth

Robots! I have the impression that every time there is one on the derby it will make it to the clouds. Maybe I am getting old but I don't get it.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
jmmbell1987 wrote:That would at least have been funny, and (forgetting the celeb likeness rule for a moment) had some appeal to people who aren't fans of Rocky or Punch-Out. No offense intended, Fable, but his design is pretty much Transformer fan baiting, with the Top Gun logo providing a loose form of parody.

Dude I hope it appeals to Transformers and Top Gun fans, seeing as I am one. :D

Oh well. It was worth a try. Thanks for the always informative rejection reasons woot. It's part of your girlish charm.

Much thanks to the supporters on this one - esp to the ones who contacted me directly. I'm tossing this up for sale as soon as the hold expires. PM me if you want a link when it goes up.

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate

keelhaulkate

this is super cute!

j0naht

Re: Vintage Pinup

Haha. This is just wrong

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab
odysseyroc wrote:They were originally released as separate cartridges. When I got my "deluxe set" I think it only came with duck hunt and gyromite.

I remember owning just duckhunt by itself. but then again I was like 5 so what do I know? hahaha

hewtab

Re: Vintage Pinup

not. sure. if. want. +1

keelhaulkate

Re: Ask Mr. Owl

looks a lot better. good job!

hewtab

Re: Antici...Pation!

This shirt made my day

nakajimaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nakajimaj
Re: PAYBACK

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I did at first have the original gray zappers but it blended in too much with the ducks body.. and I wanted the zappers to stand out so I ended up going with the orange.
I could make them a darker gray and resub.. you guys think it'll be worth it?

Pupchow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pupchow
Re: Rap Attack Version: POP!

Didn't get a glimpse at the earlier version, but this is pretty boss and hilarious to boot.

Coming from someone who would rather wear a dinosaur everyday of the week than anything else, I'd say I'm a little biased here.

Bark it up!