Panomnileptic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Panomnileptic
starrynite211 wrote:and replace it with this one!

Universal Shirt Brand? o.O Nice idea. I'd almost want to have it vertical (pointing up or down, depending on perspective and where you'd want to plug it in *wink*) but as is, its orientation is fine.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Tweets are for Birds

I was thinking of something similar...but yours looks MUCH better. I really want this. GMV. You are just rocking these derbies!!!

grrlmarvel

grrlmarvel wrote:I was thinking of something similar...but yours looks MUCH better. I really want this. GMV. You are just rocking these derbies!!!

And I think this is just as great as your other entries. ;)

grrlmarvel

Re: Free Upgrade

So I work for a large big box retailer who sells cell phones... if this shirt won, I would buy like 20 (for my whole team). This is soooooooo perfect. ;)

Panomnileptic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Panomnileptic
Re: Good Old Days

The "Good Old Days"... when everybody was high and yellow-skinned~! "Mellow out, man." I like the distressed style and the throwback to Smiley origins, but I'm not sure what the phrase is supposed to mean or what it does for the composition.

mangotrader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mangotrader
Panomnileptic wrote:I wanted to vote for this shirt, I really did (and still might), but I have an issue with your blocks. You've got 6 (?) colors to work with, which should be enough for at least most of the shapes, but your blocks of the same shape have different colors. First, I noticed the vertical pink line is one too long to be the 4x1, but conceivably it's more than one block partially deleted by completed line. But then I saw the same shapes repeated (2x2 square, left- and right-bend "L" blocks) that had different colors. Arguably, this is only a minor issue (and not easily/quickly recognizable, so the shirt is still wearable), but I'd suggest a resub fixing this issue, if there's time.

so to start, my wife disagrees with me, but i have to speak my two cents.

cent 1: when i saw this shirt i immediately LOL'ed (yes literally) and clicked i'd want one.

cent 2: i'm not a huge tetris fan and i don't live and breathe the color scheme of said tetris, but geez almighty it's a t-shirt!

thanks for listening,
mangotrader

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
acaudel wrote:(My humble opinion)
Great concept. I got the Tron reference right away, but I wouldn't have gotten the Say Anything reference until I read the description. Maybe the boom box isn't clear enough. Maybe make the boom box white, or light blue? (Lit up like one of the flying discs?) Maybe have a light cycle in the background where the car would be in the "Say Anything" picture. Or maybe just try to get the character's pose to resemble John Cusak's more closely. It's a great idea, and if you get the "Say Anything" idea across more clearly, it would be excellent.

Thank you for the feedback. I shall consider pushing the design more.

Something that might also help, is a high-def image of the shirt design, which can be found here: http://bit.ly/bT8ewX (use your browsers zoom to look at full detail)

A chance to see the detail better may help. Because I feel it is the details in the design which are it's strength.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
nakajimaj wrote:Thanks for all the feedback guys! I did at first have the original gray zappers but it blended in too much with the ducks body.. and I wanted the zappers to stand out so I ended up going with the orange.
I could make them a darker gray and resub.. you guys think it'll be worth it?

No, no need to resub. That was a minor nitpick and while I suppose it would be more "vintage," I absolutely agree that the orange guns look better. Make sure you do something with this if you don't get an HM. This is an excellent shirt.

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb
kdeuce wrote:hell yeah!

I remember that game by Epyx.

papawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papawoot
Re: Ask Mr. Owl

I think the orange version is better, just take out the text. Still gmv though.

R3DS74R

quality posts: 0 Private Messages R3DS74R

This is great. Big cynicism fan. Only problem is the "or" seems not quite to be in line with the rest of the text - it seems like it's a tad too high.

Hardly a dealbreaker, but it keeps it from being 100% perfect.

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
Re: See evil, Hear evil, Speak evil

The "See/Hear/Speak No Evil" shirts have been around forever, so maybe that's how this is vintage? I'm not sure when they first came out, but lord knows that the phrase itself is probably vintage enough for it to apply.

In no way am I defending this design, but people were asking for a reason so I decided to give my take on a reason.

whatishanny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatishanny
Re: ZOMBIE DOOM SQUAD

This design needs to win.

Senorvandal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Senorvandal
Re: E-Ticket Attraction

You get something really wicked, when you spend an E ticket.

Februaryxvi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Februaryxvi

My first Woot comment. This made me lol. +1 vote.

xxchiseenjaixx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxchiseenjaixx

love the shirt. vote moree for it !

rinkusu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rinkusu
sakleehop wrote:Your ladies most likely will not survive rejection. Woot doesn't print nudity, obscenity, or crude designs.

Ah yes, but woot will print violent bunnies cutting out the hearts of farmers. Violence always trumps nudity! Think of the children!

munchiennn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages munchiennn
Panomnileptic wrote:I wanted to vote for this shirt, I really did (and still might), but I have an issue with your blocks. You've got 6 (?) colors to work with, which should be enough for at least most of the shapes, but your blocks of the same shape have different colors. First, I noticed the vertical pink line is one too long to be the 4x1, but conceivably it's more than one block partially deleted by completed line. But then I saw the same shapes repeated (2x2 square, left- and right-bend "L" blocks) that had different colors. Arguably, this is only a minor issue (and not easily/quickly recognizable, so the shirt is still wearable), but I'd suggest a resub fixing this issue, if there's time.

I second this. Though I absolutely love love love the premise, these minor details really stand out to me [as I'm sure they would to any tetris nerd, and we probably account for at least 30% of the interwebs]. Resub mayhaps?

spidergirl42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spidergirl42
Re: Psychedelic

In case you prefer this on a light colored shirt, I have that too! (see above)

YES!

rinkusu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rinkusu

If the text from the other was on this shirt, I would definitely buy it!

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah
Re: In Soviet Russia...

blocks are srsly wrong, but good idea, though.

streetwalkincheetah

Re: Careful, It's Hot...

nice. love me some time bandits. still got the comic book adaptation around here somewhere. i think i read that about a zillion times before i ever even saw the movie.

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

VOTED!

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

VOTED!

streetwalkincheetah

Re: PAYBACK

wow. this would definitely be fogged if it had been entered sooner. might still get an honorable mention, though.

amesj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amesj
Re: Sweet Happiness

What wonderful detail and color, it really comes through nice and clean. Great job on your line work too.

docsbear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages docsbear

I love it!!! Please fly into the fog little birdies and then fly to the top of the fog. Go go go.

gumberculees

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gumberculees
odysseyroc wrote:I'm not sure that I want to live in a world where people have to look up Richard Pryor to know his name.

the genius of richard pryor is lost on most people. they seem to prefer jeff dunham and larry the cable guy. and the awesomeness of movies with richard pryor and gene wilder will never again be approached

streetwalkincheetah

odysseyroc wrote:I'm not sure that I want to live in a world where people have to look up Richard Pryor to know his name.

for real. jesus wept.

Indigo327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Indigo327

When I was young, I would visit one of these machines in an Izzy's restaurant. I loved it so much.I will buy this shirt WHEN it wins this derby.

lonelypond

quality posts: 418 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The House of Madness

such an excellent level of detail...

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: In Soviet Russia... (Resub)

fixed the block size and coloring issues so many people were complaining about... please revote and enjoy :D

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Vote Abe in 1860

I would sport the heck out of this.

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab
moonbunnychan wrote:Gaaah, get it away, get it away, it makes me feel ANCIENT.
But ya, I remember recently overhearing some people talking about playing Legend of Dragoon when they were "kids", and I died a little on the inside because that game was a gift to me on my 18th birthday (along with a new PSone).

I'm still playing it! Hahahaha

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
Re: American Throwback

Original 13, now that's vintage!

But, I think you've gone outside the printable area with the horizontal stripe. I'm no expert on the printable area, but you may want to double check that. Otherwise it'll likely get rejected for it.

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
Re: sliced bread

Every time I see this I want to wear it more badly.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tweets are for Birds
grrlmarvel wrote:I was thinking of something similar...but yours looks MUCH better. I really want this. GMV. You are just rocking these derbies!!!

Aw thanks grrlmarvel! I'm sure yours would have been great too! I don't know about rocking them, but nice of you to say!:D

grrlmarvel wrote:And I think this is just as great as your other entries. ;)

And thanks again!

docsbear wrote:I love it!!! Please fly into the fog little birdies and then fly to the top of the fog. Go go go.

Thanks docsbear! The birds are flapping and tweeting and trying to get up there!

Vote!

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot

Jejeymccheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jejeymccheese

This is my first woot submission ever!
Please vote for me!
Yay!

Re: Compliance

Lagued

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lagued
Re: Rap Attack

I would totally buy this! The colors are great, the style is great, the theme is great. Lets start a Raptorlution!