MojoJonez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MojoJonez
Abenikk wrote:Boring/ugly, fail.

haters gonna hate...

we're used to that here.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
marshawatson wrote:good job. I voted - hope you see the fog

Thanks. I think you're more optimistic than me at this point in the week. Ha.

cmilktoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmilktoast
Re: Vote Abe in 1860

I think it's spiffy. I still think Stephen A. Douglas would've been the bees knees as the president. His ideas on Popular Sovereignty ring true and show he was weeks ahead of the competition!

I am, of course being facetious. Nice shirt, Professor Brendan.

Enave22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Enave22
Re: Vote 4 George

Also, Adams did not run as Washington's Vice President. Back then the presidential candidate with the second most votes became vice president.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: Juicy Robot

JUICY ROBOT!!!!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Slydon wrote:Thank you for helping us with your future bio.

*tries to picture Bootsboots as a princess*

It's not working! All I can see is Sarah Silverman! lol

<3

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

I knew this design was too good for woot.
This site is all about cute, bad drawn manga like animals or $h1t like that.
Whoever wouldn't wear this in public are just a bunch of P.U.s.S.1.e.$ !!!!!

Sobbid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sobbid
HerbalE wrote:I apologize, I guess I'm mistaken. I was under the impression that a parody should be a likeness not a copy with changes made to it.

Good, I'm glad we've settled this like gentlemen. You do not see that on the internet today.

harrv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrv
Re: E-Ticket Attraction

I would like it better without the additional text below the ticket.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: All dressed up and no where to play...

I'm buildin' me a tie...

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Cleveland, Distressed

you need to put this on a heather grey template or it's gonna get rejected... other than that its great... much love for my home state of Ohio

bayers3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayers3
glstation wrote:Is it on black or that awesome shade of blue?

Black. The design was inspired by Pink Floyd.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51R027WNVRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: up up and away

Very, very cute. Love the colors and simple distressing.

Horseypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Horseypants
Re: Tweets are for Birds

I can appreciate the joke, but it seems the core of the design is based around the giant block font letters you used on it. I see the little birds there, but it honestly seems like you put them into the design because you had to. Also like many designs in this derby, besides the distressing, and the use of a font that looks like it's from 1950, I don't see how this fits the vintage theme.

Not that I'm sure you'll miss my measly one vote, but I'm sorry that i can't give you one for this. Not one so many other artists went above and beyond this round with original artwork, ideas, and a genuine execution of the "vintage" aesthetic.

Best of luck regardless!

Horseypants

Re: ZOMBIE DOOM SQUAD

This has got to be one of, if not the most awesome and kick ass tee designs this site has ever seen. The artwork is simply phenomenal, and the concept is through the roof. Let's get this sucker printed.

EmuNymph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmuNymph

I hate to be a downer because I think this shirt is awesome but I just wanted to point out that there is a shirt kinda like that at cottonfactory.com

http://store.cottonfactory.com/cf-323.html

Just to let you know. I still voted for the shirt

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
ressamac wrote:So glad you came around to liking pop culture references! Nicely done.

Actually, I'm still not huge on pop culture references. Lumy came to me with the idea. I actually had something far less of a pop culture reference that I wanted to work on with her or Robbie Lee. I had contacted him first, and put the idea on hold with her, pending his response. So we went with the ponies... It wasn't until later into the weekend that I found that the other project would be unavailable because he was busy.

I've still got the idea tucked away. I really thought it would be fun to attempt, but perhaps for another day.

As for pop culture, itself, it's never been that I hate all pop culture designs. I purely want to go with something that shows detail, concept and definite thought process. If these were just gangster ponies or something as simplistic, I wouldn't want to be a part of the project, most likely. It has to be more than a *coughs* one trick pony. *coughs*

Horseypants

Re: Holy Guacamole!

Walz, your awesome veggies are always awesome. I'm loving the detailing in the background as well.

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak

This is awesome I love it!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: Think of the Children

proceeds from this tee will work on a cure for africa.

i sent a link to this tee to 5 people. it took over a half hour before the first person realized it suggested the curing of africa.

love the design boots! good luck, gmv!

Happy Beer.

opifan64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opifan64
Re: Holy Guacamole!

fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
pecosdave wrote:Try putting medieval breast plates on the babes and resub!

No,, the rejection reason was nudity, but the real problem is context. There isn't any. Maybe if it looked like it was an album cover or something...?

colleco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colleco

This is very original.

Re: Zom-Bee: All Season Portfolio

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

@Horseypants
I can totally understand some of your points, especially about the design being mostly text... if you look at my signature, I have 3 other designs that have little to none. This one just happens to be the one that wooters seem to be voting for the most.

On the other hand, I'm not sure about your birds point...if you look at my past designs, I love creating designs based around birds, and I rarely use much text or large text even when text is permitted. I myself usually prefer less text-based designs - I went a different route here with the big text/little birds because I was thinking of old posters/record albums I've seen. Also, I drew the letters myself thinking of the way the old lettering looked back then.

To further my thought process... I chose the olive color because it has a vintage feel to me - probably because when I was a kid, the appliances in my house (fridge/oven/stove) were a strange dated olive green color that apparently was a popular color for a while back in the day.

Anyway, no problem about not giving a vote this time if you prefer other designs, (though I hope you can see more that there was a thought process behind the design). Maybe another time!

whisperatdaybreak wrote:This is awesome I love it!

Thanks whisper!

Vote!

paigeg

ressamac wrote:So glad you came around to liking pop culture references! Nicely done.

I'm reasonably sure I would never, ever wear this, but it just makes me smile. Great job!

paigeg

Re: My Evil Pony

Sorry, my comment got diluted. I'm almost positive I would never, ever wear this, but it makes me smile - nice job!

eljay2514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljay2514
Re: Orange you glad I didn't say apple?

but it's a happy orange!

paigeg

Abenikk wrote:Boring/ugly, fail.

Perhaps. Perhaps it;s a really nice representation of a vintage map and has some significance for someone.
Perhaps you should actually purchase a Woot shirt before you step in.
So, step off for now. K?

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: Women At War

LOL ....I give you a vote for making me laugh.

Bustin' Balls for FUN

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Think of the Children

The overt tongue-in-cheek aspect of this shirt is TREMENDOUS.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Elk Hunting Madness

The colors on this resub are much more "vintage" looking, good choice

felixjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixjames

This is melissa voting for Jimmy! Great idea and shirt Nick! We have all the books like that from when Jimmy and I were kids...love the take-of.

--Mel

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids

I love this shirt...but I count 8 colors.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
felixjames wrote:This is melissa voting for Jimmy! Great idea and shirt Nick! We have all the books like that from when Jimmy and I were kids...love the take-of.

--Mel

thank you, and thanks for the vote!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Re: My Evil Pony 2.o

There needs to be a "Girly for Men" derby where shirts with My Little Pony, Barbie, Carebears, etc. are made both cute and badass so that guys are expected to wear them (and women too, of course). They had the "Naughty and Nice" derby a while back, but I still think the theme would be fun. I voted for you.

jimmylegs50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmylegs50
Re: Careful, It's Hot...

Moderna Designs present the latest in kitchen luxury!

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
JadenKale wrote:(...)It has to be more than a *coughs* one trick pony. *coughs*

Pu-dum-pum-pshhhh!!!

alisai

quality posts: 6 Private Messages alisai

If this is supposed to emulate Tetris.. there are some lines that would have been eliminated. Just saying..

Woots - Brinkmann 3 Watt Luxeon LED Aluminum Flashlight x2
Shirt.Woots - Help From Above, Random Shirt x2 (Mother & Spicy Italian Meatball), Flying

BrainsToEat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrainsToEat
kaseyfleming wrote:JUICY ROBOT!!!!

Thanks Kasey. I feel the same way.