ClixWizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClixWizard
Re: PAYBACK

I think it's an awesome design for a shirt, I love it.

CHeliz85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHeliz85
Re: Ask Mr. Owl

sorry i voted for the first one, i liked the simplicity of it. I don't care for the background, i liked the more subtle coloring of the branch and gun, and i liked it much better on the red. although i do like the addition of the turtle

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
sasham62 wrote:I wish the vegetables here looked more like the actual vegetables (especially the jalapeno) rather than using labels and arrows to point out what's what.
I dunno. Maybe it's just that I'm not into guacamole.

That looks about as much as a jalapeno with arms and legs and a big ol' smile can. And I like that it's a fairly unconventional take since it doesn't have to stem on top.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
boogachamp wrote:How do you vote ?

Voting closes at noon on Thursday. Sorry!

mrturner1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrturner1
Drakxxx wrote:You guys earlier were the test market, and I've decided to release The House of Madness in RED. It pops like all anything as it was suggested, so thanks very much for the suggestion.

I get a lot of my inspiration from the 70's and 80's Grindhouse era of films, so I was instantly motivated by the theme to pay homage to (in my opinion) the most kick ass time for the horror genre.

Some of you guys might remember 'The House of Madness" when I submitted it over at Designs By Humans some time ago.
I've reworked the illustration with different colors, and added in the film effects to make it look like a special promotion item for the film. I think it looks even better than my original DBH submission.

The motivation of this piece, as I mentioned over there, was the absolutely awesome artwork that was created for Grindhouse era film posters. I thought it would be cool to bring the House of Madness back for this contest, and coupled with the still in progress, but nearing completion thanks to Mr. CrescentDebris (we temporarily ran out of funds from the film studio) "Zombie Doom Squad" make the 2 designs a special "DRAK DOUBLE FEATURE."

I've had (and am still having, since Zombie Doom Squad is still in production) a boatload of fun with these designs, and I hope you guys, especially the genre fans get a kick out of them.

Thanks as always, and here's the poster:

And heres a link to a larger comp to take a look at the details:
http://i49.tinypic.com/8yf14h.jpg

I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS AS A SHIRT

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
mrturner1 wrote:I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS AS A SHIRT

overeating much favored grits!!! Drakxxx, I've commented on both shirts before, but the double-feature comp just blows my mind. Could you do both - Zombie Death Squad with the House of Madness as the lead-in? Then publish both someplace for us to grab them as posters? Lol! No, I know it's not realistic, but damn! Too good, and too reminiscent of my day watching every blood-drenched movie released to the drive-ins. (No, NOT Grindhouse - we didn't have a name for it then.)

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
mrturner1 wrote:I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS AS A SHIRT

overeating much favored grits!!! Drakxxx, I've commented on both shirts before, but the double-feature comp just blows my mind. Could you do both - Zombie Death Squad with the House of Madness as the lead-in? Then publish both someplace for us to grab them as posters? Lol! No, I know it's not realistic, but damn! Too good, and too reminiscent of my day watching every blood-drenched movie released to the drive-ins. (No, NOT Grindhouse - we didn't have a name for it then.)

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Holy Guacamole!

hope this makes it!

gr3ygoos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr3ygoos3
paigeg wrote:Whoa, flashback to my RBase days. I just know I'm gonna have nightmares about endless if-then-else loops.

No text?

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

gr3ygoos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr3ygoos3
gr3ygoos3 wrote:No text?

I take that back. Sorry

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Sasquatch Subs

Thanks AGrant311!

cheers thatrobert, I appreciate it!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
keelhaulkate wrote:you make him look a lot cuter! and who would say no pizza! love it!

thanks keelhaulkate!

isobelrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isobelrose
Re: Italian Counting

How do I vote? Yes, I am stupid.

SkiMan64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkiMan64
Re: sliced bread

I'm totally buying this if it gets in places.
Stellar work!

petzo002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petzo002

If this doesn't make it as a shirt, any thought of printing it as a print? I'd certainly buy one.

stacey88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacey88
Re: Woo Curling!

I can't believe this one was pulled. It was in the top 10 and looking like I was going to purchase one. I'm sad.

TheLarrikin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarrikin
chunkydesign wrote:You might wanna change those six months to sixty days, or you´ll be waiting much longer than you need to...

Eh, maybe it just seems like six months... ;)

TheLarrikin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarrikin
Re: Dr. Feelgood

Thanks again, for all of your support, guys. I never expected to get this many votes, and it's truly humbling.

I'll be back this next derby for sure. Hope you continue to find my designs interesting and wearable.

KG

unimatrixZxero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unimatrixZxero
Re: Vinyl Is Dead

Somebody throw this into the reckoning right now.

chula4205

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chula4205
marleybach wrote:man, being a lover of bacon and a UF alum (go gators), this wouldve been a hilarious shirt to own!!

I completely agree ! If it is ever available, please let me know. I would buy in a NY minute

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
eye4spot wrote:I am betting those that are referring to Rosie as a "sacred icon" to women: do not know the difference between a TIG and MIG welder, have never used a punch, break or shear...and probably do not know the proper tool to remove a cherry rivet.

Wish I had returned in time to see this. I've done stick and TIG. I thought stick was more challenging (LOVED the sparks), but TIG was pretty cool. As for the tools, I may not have used those, but you may not have used a steering wheel puller.

Rosie is not sacred, but she was an icon at a time when symbols were important.

LloydSimcoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LloydSimcoe
Re: Rap Attack Version: POP!

I definitely like this one more than the yellow version. I hope you win a Resub derby :/

itstak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itstak

If this shirt doesn't print on Sunday I'm boycotting Woot.

jhanafin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhanafin
Re: McFly Skateboards

Great shirt! I'd buy one once you get the distressed image up!

joshlung

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshlung

i really hope you win!!! i really love this shirt!!! seriously the tshirt color the color of the robot and background, the background and everything is so well done!!! seriously. and i may add my own little additions to it as i get it!! seriously if you somehow dont win which will upset me greatly! i hope you submit elsewhere!! I WILL BUY

Woots

• Perfect Pullup x3
  • Random Crap x2
  • Philips/DLO FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod or Zune

jkiernan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkiernan
Re: ZOMBIE DOOM SQUAD

Is that Sinbad in the car?

adbaxter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adbaxter

CarolynLibrarian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CarolynLibrarian

Aw, maaaaannnnn!!!!!!!!

itstak wrote:If this shirt doesn't print on Sunday I'm boycotting Woot.

Well - I'm probably not going to boycott, but I fervently hope thatrobert has this printed elsewhere. SRSLY - I'll buy 2.

dietotaku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dietotaku
Re: The Vintage Truth

well i suppose now i have no choice but to pull an old shirt out of my closet and draw this myself!

joshlung

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshlung
dietotaku wrote:well i suppose now i have no choice but to pull an old shirt out of my closet and draw this myself!

i am extremely saddened... is it against woot rules to elave my email and if author can please pm me if he submits elsewhere? i really like this shirt that much!!

Woots

• Perfect Pullup x3
  • Random Crap x2
  • Philips/DLO FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod or Zune

Delusionalovely

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Delusionalovely
Re: Whoa Pink Elephants Are Real

If you print this elsewhere, please share <3

awallick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awallick
adbaxter wrote:No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOO.

I feel the same I require this shirt

duhrman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duhrman
awallick wrote:I feel the same I require this shirt

Yeah man... I was really lookin forward to this one. Anyone know if there's still a way to get it?

itstak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itstak

.....All we can do is hope for an Editors choice. I really really wanted this shirt...*sigh*...gristle.

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

WHAT WHAT WHAT. How could this not have won?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
itstak wrote:.....All we can do is hope for an Editors choice. I really really wanted this shirt...*sigh*...gristle.

I really wanted this one too. My boyfriend and I already fought over who would get to buy it. I won. But now I see I have lost. Oh irony! Hope it gets an HM.

swellmelmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swellmelmel
Re: Mista Mista

I am so bummed this didn't make top 3. I love this shirt, and these were my favorite books as a kid.

ShelbyLyn122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShelbyLyn122
darel wrote:WHAT WHAT WHAT. How could this not have won?

I was wondering the same thing. =(

deeboe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deeboe

Dang, I was really hoping for this one too. My girlfriend is a curler and was hoping to get it for her bonspiel tourney at the end of the month. I would be a happy man if you choose this for editors choice!

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Re: Curling Adventure! New from Smacktivision!

You have to give yourself a Best Losers award for this. You just have to.