fayerae

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fayerae
Fwirt wrote:I thought it was funny at first, but since my grandmother just died from breast cancer, I'm not digging this shirt so much. Personally, I think it's a bit tasteless.

I thought funny too but yeah ...it would be offensive to some people . I agree ..tasteless

cak3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cak3

Ahahah, awesome. I missed it today, but I will purchase it as soon as it joins the reckoning.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

hannibal301 wrote:one minute too late

deeboe wrote:Bah! Dangit! I missed it?!

minimeans wrote:HOW DO I GET ONE OF THESE IF THEY'RE SOLD OUT? WILL THEY SELL AGAIN?

cakeson wrote:I live in Boulder... PLEASE make more, I'll be the only person *not* wearing a real charity shirt.

syoung27 wrote:So how can I get this shirt now that it is sold out on woot? Will it be available elsewhere? I mean, I logged on at 10:30am!

mrwhitmore wrote:SOLD OUT! BOO!

dberns wrote:Best. Shirt. Ever.
And it was sold out before 10am (EST). You have to offer this one again sometime!!!!

THE SHIRT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AGAIN HERE--FOR $15--STARTING TOMORROW, SATURDAY MARCH 6.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
fayerae wrote:I thought funny too but yeah ...it would be offensive to some people . I agree ..tasteless

So if somebody somewhere finds something offensive it becomes tasteless?

The world shall never laugh again.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Congrats on the sell-out Boots!! Looking forward to getting your Hector the Bad Egg shirt soon.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
fayerae wrote:I thought funny too but yeah ...it would be offensive to some people . I agree ..tasteless

It would be tasteless to wear this to a breast cancer run or a walk for autism. But when you are surrounded by people who run just to get a t-shirt, this is the one to have.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
goldenthorn wrote:THE SHIRT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AGAIN HERE--FOR $15--STARTING TOMORROW, SATURDAY MARCH 6.

You forgot sparklies and unicorns. MAYBE EVEN SPARKLY UNICORNS!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Gatzby wrote:You forgot sparklies and unicorns. MAYBE EVEN SPARKLY UNICORNS!

I SAID I'M NOT QUITE THERE YET! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME PROBATE MYSELF?
CUZ I CAN PI THIS PLACE UP WITH SPARKLE IF THAT'S THE CASE.

jenileeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenileeb

I am SO upset I missed out on buying this shirt =(

I was born in 1982 and I do 5k Charity Races EVERY weekend in the Spring and Summer.... ARRRGHHHH!!!!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

jenileeb wrote:I am SO upset I missed out on buying this shirt =(

I was born in 1982 and I do 5k Charity Races EVERY weekend in the Spring and Summer.... ARRRGHHHH!!!!

goldenthorn wrote:THE SHIRT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AGAIN HERE--FOR $15--STARTING TOMORROW, SATURDAY MARCH 6.

jenileeb

goldenthorn wrote:

Yes, I saw that. I was just saying - I'd rather have gotten it for $10, than $15 =)

jenileeb

Johndis5 wrote:So if somebody somewhere finds something offensive it becomes tasteless?

I love your homage to Bea!!!!

hammr25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hammr25

Apparently there are too many people who must not be old enough to remember all of the save Africa stuff that went on in the 80s. I guess all of the USA for Africa and Band Aid singers were a bunch of racists.

jenileeb

hammr25 wrote:Apparently there are too many people who must not be old enough to remember all of the save Africa stuff that went on in the 80s. I guess all of the USA for Africa and Band Aid singers were a bunch of racists.

I remember Band Aid!

And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life
Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps

oh man sold out...whatever it's got my year of birth on it which means instant buy. This is an awesome looking shirt, and I've wanted something in red anyway.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Whoomp there it is.

jenileeb

Johndis5 wrote:I can't think of a more appropriate forum for this debate. Now I think I'll head over to AARP's website and see what's brewing on the fashion scene. I need some new threads.

Ba-Zing!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
jenileeb wrote:I love your homage to Bea!!!!

Thanks! It's nice to know others appreciate the grandeur of Bea!

joshlung

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshlung

YAY i got it!!! Can't wait to wear it while running around town. its gonna bring about alot of confusion :D!! your shirt skills are beyond phenomenal bootsboots

Woots

• Perfect Pullup x3
  • Random Crap x2
  • Philips/DLO FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod or Zune

jlgish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jlgish

GAHHH . . . knew I should have snatched this up this morning at 6:00 a.m. I was too tired to think, though. Guess I will have to buy it tomorrow, even if it isn't my birthday any more by then.

I think I need to go on a Woot diet . . . it's unbelievable all the junk they get me to buy!

Flanagax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flanagax

Well, my brother and I now know what we're wearing to our races this year. It's a shame I didn't see this sooner in the day (Yes, I know it'll be on sale again at midnight; I wanted to save $10)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I do so look forward to these posts. Thank you Goldenthorn.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xxhatchxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxhatchxx

Sold Out?! Will I be able to buy this ever again?
Edit: NVM guess i should have read others comments first :o

This shirt is awesome!

kmc212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmc212

This will be one of the top selling Woot shirts of all time!

tokiloki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tokiloki

The one night i fail to check woot, and the shirt is sold out by the time i wake up for work... why!!!!

might have to buy it for 15 when its up again.

Boots you rock

firehazard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firehazard

Awesome shirt. Good work Boots!

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
goldenthorn wrote:I SAID I'M NOT QUITE THERE YET! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME PROBATE MYSELF?
CUZ I CAN PI THIS PLACE UP WITH SPARKLE IF THAT'S THE CASE.

Can you put that sparkly unicorn on a shirt? I would so buy it -- I don't care who it offends!

scyld

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scyld

Aww, considering that I was an '82 baby, I'm disappointed I missed out on this

eneref

quality posts: 12 Private Messages eneref

Love it. Bought it. Glad I got it for $10 before it jumped to $15. But would be worth it even at $15.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I do so look forward to these posts. Thank you Goldenthorn.

*curtsies* I aim to please, madame! Ever self-sacrificing for The Greater Good, am I.

scyld wrote:Aww, considering that I was an '82 baby, I'm disappointed I missed out on this

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Congrats, boots!

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420

There sure are a lot of pithy people on here today.

kountryjentleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kountryjentleman
angstangel wrote:It's like raising money for TBA.

YES!!! gosh i miss arrested development...

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

A cure for Africa... haha. I love that the suggested things to cure aren't diseases. It sounds just like some apathetic slow-witted person talking.

Great job, love it. Wish I'd seen it before it sold out.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

hosabosa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosabosa

Hey, y'all: So, I'm one of the posters who warned folks about bodily harm possibly coming to you.

I'll just say it straight: I made a mistake.

When I checked shirt.woot this morning, I was lying in bed half-awake and squinting at my iPod Touch. I thought the motto on the bottom read: "like The Children of Africa Matter." I hope people immediately see how *that* reading would be insanely offensive to some folks (and why it might prompt some major violence).

Taking the *actual* design and wording into account (again, my bad, y'all - esp. to bootsboots), I personally think it's a pretty cool shirt.

That said, I still understand the posters who recognize how some folks could (and would) find the shirt (even correctly read) offensive.

I don't think anyone would disagree that the humor in this shirt is extremely edgy. The thing about edgy humor is that it cuts. The danger, then, is some folks might cut you back.

Should they? Well, no. But that doesn't mean they won't. *shrugs*

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
hosabosa wrote:Hey, y'all: So, I'm one of the posters who warned folks about bodily harm possibly coming to you.

I'll just say it straight: I made a mistake.

When I checked shirt.woot this morning, I was lying in bed half-awake and squinting at my iPod Touch. I thought the motto on the bottom read: "like The Children of Africa Matter." I hope people immediately see how *that* reading would be insanely offensive to some folks (and why it might prompt some major violence).

Taking the *actual* design and wording into account (again, my bad, y'all - esp. to bootsboots), I personally think it's a pretty cool shirt.

That said, I still understand the posters who recognize how some folks could (and would) find the shirt (even correctly read) offensive.

I don't think anyone would disagree that the humor in this shirt is extremely edgy. The thing about edgy humor is that it cuts. The danger, then, is some folks might cut you back.

Should they? Well, no. But that doesn't mean they won't. *shrugs*

I don't find it edgy. I think the people who would find it offensive are oversensitive. It's all relative, you see. It seems anyone who mentions sensitive subjects like children or Africa in anything but a message of clear support gets flogged in some way by someone. I think that's stupid. People need to lighten up. Just because a select few people are idiots doesn't mean this shirt is edgy.

On a tangential note, I love the shrugs that have recently come into fashion online. Nothing says "I'm not trying to be imposing" like a good shrug. You could say "I think you're an a-hole *shrugs*", and it would still seem sort of okay. Hehe. But I digress.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Johndis5 wrote:So if somebody somewhere finds something offensive it becomes tasteless?

This reminds me of John Cleese's famous eulogy at Graham Chapman's funeral:

Well, I feel that I should say, "Nonsense. Good riddance to him, the freeloading bastard! I hope he fries. "

And the reason I think I should say this is, he would never forgive me if I didn't, if I threw away this opportunity to shock you all on his behalf. Anything for him but mindless good taste.

No greater context, other than that I agree with you and thought that quote appropriate. There are situations where I wouldn't wear this shirt, but it's not overtly offensive, and not all humor must be in good taste.

Calhoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calhoon

Who do I have to kill to get this shirt?

hinese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hinese

First Woot shirt I ever bought. Probably the last. But who know?

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah
yeawuteva wrote:I was going to buy this shirt then I realized the figure on the shirt is wearing #44-
that is:
The retired numbers for former baseball players Hank Aaron, Willie McCovey and Reggie Jackson

Retired NFL Numbers: Floyd Little (Denver Broncos) and Pete Retzlaff (Philadelphia Eagles)

Retired NBA Numbers: Dan Issel, (Denver Nuggets); Jerry West (L.A. Lakers); Paul Westphal (Phoenix Suns); Sam Lacey (Sacramento Kings); and George Gervin (San Antonio Spurs).

I don't think they would appreciate it if they saw me wear it, and me personally, I don't want to offend legend.

92 quality posts? Yeah, whatevah :P