DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420
equazcion wrote:I think the people who would find it offensive are oversensitive.

Frankly, I like the shirt. However, I can see some people being offended, and would not think less of them one bit. For example, the person who comes to mind is one of my best friends, who lost his 4 year old daughter to leukemia a few years ago. He is a tireless supporter of cancer walks, etc. Shall I tell him he is being overly sensitive, or will you?

Djleod54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Djleod54

Shoot I guess I missed out on this awesome shirt. If anyone knows where else I can get one let me know!

hustler03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hustler03
atiecay wrote:I WOULD buy this, even at the risk of offending my family full of fundraisers and race-for-a-whatever participants, because I think it's hilarious...

However, the different color at the bottom of the circle drives me crazy and I think I would notice it every time I got the shirt out to put on. I know that's stupid, but those things really irritate me.

Oh man, why did you point that out?... Damn.

Neener Neener

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
DaveD1420 wrote:Frankly, I like the shirt. However, I can see some people being offended, and would not think less of them one bit. For example, the person who comes to mind is one of my best friends, who lost his 4 year old daughter to leukemia a few years ago. He is a tireless supporter of cancer walks, etc. Shall I tell him he is being overly sensitive, or will you?

If he actually finds the shirt offensive, yeah, you can tell him that for me. But you haven't indicated that he does, or even that you think he would. You really think he would? Honestly? Being a supporter of the walks doesn't mean finding this shirt offensive.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Djleod54 wrote:Shoot I guess I missed out on this awesome shirt. If anyone knows where else I can get one let me know!

goldenthorn wrote:THE SHIRT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AGAIN HERE--FOR $15--STARTING TOMORROW, SATURDAY MARCH 6.

DaveD1420

equazcion wrote:If he actually finds the shirt offensive, yeah, you can tell him that for me. But you haven't indicated that he does, or even that you think he would. You really think he would? Honestly? Being a supporter of the walks doesn't mean finding this shirt offensive.

I never said being a supporter of walks means finding the shirt offensive. I was simply replying to the blanket statement that "people who find the shirt offensive have no sense of humor," and providing a personal example.

I can understand when all these people give examples of cancer survivors, etc. who would find the shirt funny. It's easier to laugh when you are still alive.

I just pray that I never have to test my "humor limit" the way my friend would if faced with this shirt.

That doesn't mean I didn't wake the dog with my laughing when I first saw this shirt, because I did. I think she's still holding that against me.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
DaveD1420 wrote:I never said being a supporter of walks means finding the shirt offensive. I was simply replying to the blanket statement that "people who find the shirt offensive have no sense of humor," and providing a personal example.

I can understand when all these people give examples of cancer survivors, etc. who would find the shirt funny. It's easier to laugh when you are still alive.

I just pray that I never have to test my "humor limit" the way my friend would if faced with this shirt.

That doesn't mean I didn't wake the dog with my laughing when I first saw this shirt, because I did. I think she's still holding that against me.

But you didn't provide us with a personal example. You presented us with a hypothetical. As far as anyone here knows, he could just as likely be rolling on the ground laughing his a** off as he is to be testing his "humor limit". You might as well have suggested he might kill your dog upon seeing you wear such a shirt. What do we know of his sense of humor?

And I don't recall anyone saying "people who find the shirt offensive have no sense of humor." Maybe I missed it. I did note someone saying that such a person would be overly sensitive, though. Of course, losing ones child could very well make one particularly sensitive, so it's not an entirely untrue statement. You know him better than we do. It's your call.

KarinP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarinP
yeawuteva wrote:I was going to buy this shirt then I realized the figure on the shirt is wearing #44-
that is:
The retired numbers for former baseball players Hank Aaron, Willie McCovey and Reggie Jackson

Retired NFL Numbers: Floyd Little (Denver Broncos) and Pete Retzlaff (Philadelphia Eagles)

Retired NBA Numbers: Dan Issel, (Denver Nuggets); Jerry West (L.A. Lakers); Paul Westphal (Phoenix Suns); Sam Lacey (Sacramento Kings); and George Gervin (San Antonio Spurs).

I don't think they would appreciate it if they saw me wear it, and me personally, I don't want to offend legend.

and the last time you saw Hank Aaron at your local grocery store was . . . ?

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Belated congrats on the print, Boots.

DaveD1420

Mancho wrote:But you didn't provide us with a personal example. You presented us with a hypothetical.

Thanks for explaining my post to me. Yes, I provided a hypothetical reply to the hypothetical statement "[T]he people who would find it offensive are oversensitive." That said, the person I mentioned, if offended (hypothetically), wouldn't be "oversensitive," but rather displaying perfectly reasonable sensitivity, given what he has gone through.

Goosenuts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Goosenuts
Xihix wrote:I actually really like this shirt, but a close friend recently passed away from cancer, so I'm not sure if I should get it or not. What's even more ironic is that I'll be running, or at least walking, a marathon in like three weeks to raise more awareness for cancer and in her honor... I'm so conflicted.

Humor is better than sorrow! Buy the shirt and make someone laugh!!

Keister

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Keister
arilvdc wrote:How can he race with no feet? He'll never get those nike sponsorships to help cure africa!

How do you type with boxing gloves on your hands?

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville
Keister wrote:How do you type with boxing gloves on your hands?

(the) Cheat

Flanagax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flanagax

So, it's been two weeks. Plenty of time for this shirt to come in the mail and for people to wear it. It's time for the real world question:

Has anyone out there actually received any flak for wearing this shirt?

Slickpappy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Slickpappy

Staff

The FedEx Tracking show it was delivered on March 19th. Please check your mailbox, leasing office, or neighbor for the package. Please email service@woot.com if you have any questions.

Flanagax wrote:So, it's been two weeks. Plenty of time for this shirt to come in the mail and for people to wear it. It's time for the real world question:

anewland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anewland

Has anybody had any issues with this shirt being delivered?

My tracking says "Shipment information sent to FedEx Please check back later for shipment status" and the anticipated ship date was March 12th. Its been 12 days since then!

Any ideas?

Slickpappy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Slickpappy

Staff

If you check your FedEx Tracking again, the estimated delivery date for your shirt is March 27th. Not sure what happened, but it seems like its still on its way to you. Hopefully you will get it soon, sorry for the inconvenience.

anewland wrote:Has anybody had any issues with this shirt being delivered?

My tracking says "Shipment information sent to FedEx Please check back later for shipment status" and the anticipated ship date was March 12th. Its been 12 days since then!

Any ideas?

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
Flanagax wrote:So, it's been two weeks. Plenty of time for this shirt to come in the mail and for people to wear it. It's time for the real world question:

Nope, none as of yet.

Again, love the shirt boots, came out great!

LBeria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LBeria

I saw someone last weekend at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO wearing this shirt!! It was so crowded and everyone was so busy I didn't get a chance to say "Great Shirt!!" and show that my family was also bedecked in Shirt.Woot attire!!

Purchases: Too many to track anymore but only 3 Birthday of Celebrations since 2006.

Only the good die young.... But most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns....

Rivkad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rivkad
anewland wrote:Has anybody had any issues with this shirt being delivered?

My tracking info says the shirt went from Dallas (3/26) ot Atlanta and is now in Ohio (4/1). We live in New Mexico, so We'm at a loss as ot why it has been floating around over in the East (Atlanta? Really?) and Midwest, when Lance Armstrong could have gotten it here from Dallas in two days by bicycle. Maybe they're using one of those airlines that will get me home cheaply by flying me from Orlando ot NYC, then across Canada ot Seattle, then over ot Chicago, back across ot LA, and finally ot New Mexico. Estimated delivery went from 4/3 ot 4/9 overnight. Oh well, it'll be worth the wait, and it got cold here again anyway.

**Why do my "We"s change ot "We"s and all my "ot"s change ot "ot"s <--- even here?

Rivka D

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

Boots, you have made my two all time favorite woot shirts...now I just need to decide which one I'm wearing to my show tomorrow...

I think this one might be the winner. It's just...so...offensive.

I love it. Make more please.

thank you.

lolleka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lolleka

Just ordered mine and I hope that it'll remain on top of the reckoning chart for long. This tee is awesome!

Thanks Boots!

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

OK...I just logged in to I Have To Have That...and my question is...

Who's the guy who bought this shirt and is wearing it while doing a video clip on YouTube, showing how to use an electric staple/nail gun?

http://www.ihavetohavethat.com/index.php
(5-20-10)

supposably

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supposably

i ordered this shirt weeks ago and still have yet to receive it.. what's going on?!

chuongster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuongster
PerpetualKid wrote:Sooo yeah.

I'm black.
I'm also a cancer survivor, as is my father.
Oh, and I have a 5 year old daughter.

The only reason I may not buy the shirt is because of the pink section of the circle. I don't particularly care for it and it makes the inner Monk in me weep.

I never read the slogan as being racist or anti-children. Yes, it could have been worded better, but I'm not offended by it at all. The absurdity of it adds to the humor, IMHO.
*shrug*
To each their very own, I suppose.

Navy veteran and cancer survivor here as well. I find this shirt hilarious too, and I think some people should lighten up.

If I hadn't survived, I'd want my family and friends to still laugh and have a sense of humor, not get touchy because of something that's a fact of life. Live life to the fullest, people. Remember the ones you've lost, try your best to make other peoples' lives better, and be as happy as you can be.

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod

woot-in-real-life alert!
The ihavetohavethat.com guy is wearing this shirt in today's staple gun video.

I like celery.

guilhermerpp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guilhermerpp

This shirt is awesome!! Just bought one for me, unfortunately it will take at least a month to get here.

acdawg

quality posts: 28 Private Messages acdawg

I think my shirt smoked something in the back of the FedEx truck...

• Jun 1, 2010 1:17 PM Arrived at FedEx location NEW BERLIN, WI

• May 29, 2010 8:55 AM At USPS facility NEW BERLIN, WI Tendered to USPS for delivery - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

• May 28, 2010 6:06 AM Departed FedEx location DALLAS, TX

• May 27, 2010 4:18 PM Arrived at FedEx location DALLAS, TX

EDIT: No, I don't live near WI, I'm in Ohio.

mfire12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfire12

I think this is so funny because it describes exactly how I feel about charities.. My parents wont let me get it though...

wrong1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrong1

was watching nick jr w/ the kids at dr office and saw one of the kids on the show wearing this shirt. Thought I recognized it and yep here it is.

shadowpower709

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowpower709
wrong1 wrote:was watching nick jr w/ the kids at dr office and saw one of the kids on the show wearing this shirt. Thought I recognized it and yep here it is.

yeah, i just saw this shirt on Nickelodeon's Victorious. Robbie was wearing it. The episode is called the one with Robarazzi. when he is going to get kicked off THE SLAP.com so this is important because they don't mention shirt.woot at all. It is that shirt because i just looked it up and its the only one like it. this is fun. this is patrick kevins friend. hows it going people of shirt.woot. haahhahahah. commenting and posting about shirts is fun. i wonder if i ahve math homework. if any of you go to school you should say yes if you have math homework this weekend. again this is kevins friend patrick. kevin is the kid with this account. it is a dude. i like typing on a computer. i also want an iPad. they look cool and its like a jiant iPod touch thingy. I am so smart. i like tectin Ur supose 2 spel stuf rong

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
shadowpower709 wrote:yeah, i just saw this shirt on Nickelodeon's Victorious. Robbie was wearing it. The episode is called the one with Robarazzi. when he is going to get kicked off THE SLAP.com so this is important because they don't mention shirt.woot at all. It is that shirt because i just looked it up and its the only one like it. this is fun. this is patrick kevins friend. hows it going people of shirt.woot. haahhahahah. commenting and posting about shirts is fun. i wonder if i ahve math homework. if any of you go to school you should say yes if you have math homework this weekend. again this is kevins friend patrick. kevin is the kid with this account. it is a dude. i like typing on a computer. i also want an iPad. they look cool and its like a jiant iPod touch thingy. I am so smart. i like tectin Ur supose 2 spel stuf rong

I just saw it too.

<insert something witty>

fes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fes

This is still one of my favorite shirts. Great work Boots, as usual. It gets compliments nearly every time it's worn, most recently from comedian Ari Shaffir.

ps, I'm still partial to Negative Bob. That shirt makes me smile every time I put it on.

jsale325

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jsale325

I love this shirt, I recently bought it, and wore it as soon as it arrived. Funny thing, last night at the restaurant I serve at, I walk by a guy wearing this same shirt in the bar! I told him that I was just wearing that shirt the night before, he said, 'did you get it from woot!?' I of course replied, 'where else?' It was great to see a fellow random woot-er supporting it. I love the shirt, and I love shirt.woot!

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!
(3:24 PM, 7/7/2010) jsale325 will never catch up.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Hey thanks everyone. I'm glad you're all still enjoying the shirt. It's definitely one of my favorites and I'm glad the random humor is appreciated.

Oh, and the "Victorious" thing was pretty cool. I missed the Stapler Guy though. Boo!

Thanks again for buying and enjoying and commenting. Much appreciated.

mattlovato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlovato

The first time I ever heard of Woot was the first time I saw this shirt. At a summer camp for kids with cancer.
I think it's about the funniest thing I've ever seen, it made me join the site and buy the shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
mattlovato wrote:The first time I ever heard of Woot was the first time I saw this shirt. At a summer camp for kids with cancer.
I think it's about the funniest thing I've ever seen, it made me join the site and buy the shirt.

That's awesome.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

It is sitting on 10,000 sold right now! Way to go BootsBoots!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Did my part...

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jbarchek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbarchek

on the nickelodeon show victorious one of the main characters was wearing this.