CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Re: Fool's Luck

This is also more than six colors and also not on a shirt template. Please follow the submission guidelines. Thanks!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
gumberculees wrote:well over a year. its been almost two years, hasnt it?

One Fish Two Fish was in December 08, so not even quite 1.5

I know it seems like much longer, though.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
raevynpheather wrote:Most of us prefer cute to creative any day of the week. Cute makes you go squeeeee! Creative makes you go W T F?

Good lord. This is a truly, sadly ignorant statement.

For one, your apparent definition of "creative" seems to imply that you have no idea what the word it really means. It doesn't mean bizarre. It means involving some element of creativity. In other words, it means not shamelessly and mind-numbingly repetitive and rote. It's hardly mutually exclusive from cute.

For that matter, why is "squee!" and inherently superior reaction to puzzlement?

StarGirl558

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StarGirl558
brockart wrote:I could see this as a really great shirt for Kids. My nephew likes bugs a lot. Great Shirt!

Huge fan of dragonfly art, so you've gmv and hopes that this prints.

violentsandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages violentsandwich
Re: A Switch of Luck

it's so bad, it's almost awesome. almost.

chris12345

quality posts: 26 Private Messages chris12345

Hope this makes editors' choice some time.

Blah.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul
Re: Future warfare

Amazing piece, one would think it more suitable for a canvas than a shirt, but is just as good nonetheless.

Has my vote.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Lucky He Eats Rainbows

when u have shirts i like, u dont fog.

when you have shirts i dont care for, they win first place.

i dont get it.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Muppethero wrote:Wish you would have sub this earlier, I really like it, great to ware to my science class where everyone thinks the earth is 6000 years old.

Tell me you're kidding? Your SCIENCE class? Jeez, are we (read: human race) in trouble!

Paintballguy113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paintballguy113
Re: how do you actually vote for a design?Down on Luck

-Ian

missfantasia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missfantasia
Re: Lucky Pup

I would totally buy this. This is so flipping cute. Lol

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
flamestamp13 wrote:Sure it does. The bits are moved around to lure more people to click on it, but they're all the exact same bits from the actual shirt. Same way people have "Please vote" or "Click to vote" on their previews, but after shifting around the whole group in illustrator for 15 minutes, I decided to get the two relevant bits of the joke into my 240x240 square.

While I don't think that's how it works, that's actually still not true. The anchor doesn't have the line in it. While the line is from the rope, which is a different "item," if you think of the art in terms of a single layer, moving the anchor out from behind the rope has thus changed the anchor, and therefore it doesn't match.

Or, to put it another way, imagine you took black construction paper and cut out a square, then pasted the square on the white piece of paper and xeroxed it. Even though the original document was two pieces of paper (the black square and the white square), the new document is one sheet of paper with a black square in the middle.

If you then show me a plain white piece of paper and tell me that it is the same piece of paper as the xeroxed piece of paper, but you removed the black square, you'd clearly be wrong.

I'll be here all week providing complicated responses to what should be simple explanations. You're welcome.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Paintballguy113 wrote:

You have to have made at least one purchase from any of the Woot sites in order to be eligible to vote. Then, you'll see "I Want One" and "Take It Back" at the top of each submission.

walmazan

quality posts: 71 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Stolen Luck Anonymous

yes, I do! I love the style here!

paigeg

Re: Fool's Luck

But it is very cute, and not in an icky way. Nice concept! I'm sure you'll get the hang of things here and be subbing cool stuff, in the right format, in no time. Here are the FAQs http://shirt.woot.com/whatiswoot.aspx#design and submission page https://shirt.woot.com/Member/ContestUpload.aspx with pretty much everything you'll need to know.

thejapanesefrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejapanesefrog
girtonman wrote:kinda curious why, after spending so much time drawing it, you decide to use mspaint for the words at the bottom.

im just glad those arent on the shirt.

I was exhausted...It was late.. just wrote it with the pen tablet I was using after I put it together.

walmazan

quality posts: 71 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Lucky Who? V2 NO TEXT

hahaha, simple but very effective! +1

Great work mate!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Grandpa Aladdin Gave Me Some Lamps

mjc613 wrote:Thank you for submitting this very inventive design. I have to agree that I wonder if another shirt color would have been better, (creme does not have a lot of fans), but this takes this derby out of the doldrums. Gorgeous.

Thankyou mjc613 , I am glad you liked the picture.(I agree about the creme , originally I was going to try to keep this to possibly one dark burnished looking color on the creme then couldn't resist adding highlights,etc.)Thanks so much for your feedback( which is very helpful to me)I hope you have a great day!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather
AdderXYU wrote:
Woot, if they had the integrity, would shoulder the blame too. they'd admit they get why people are upset, and they'd transparently work toward fixing it. Because any business that deserves success not only knows what its customers want, but they know what their customers should never be given. If it takes abuse to the system to deny it, at least they stop it. Woot's been abused like this for well over a year now. It's time for them to man up, too

What Woots customers want is for you and people like you to shut up and go away to those other fakon shirt sites, that make no where near what Woot does (because Woot does things the way they do).

What Woot customers should never be given is a world with you in it, spreading your hate for everything cute, because in YOUR mind it is not artsy enough. In this world, not the one in your imagination, cute sells and artsy collects dust.

I love woot. Actually the only two things I hate about Woot is YOU (and MrWednesday who I lump in with you because you two are pretty much the same person) and the rejectonators itchy trigger finger (I think many designs that get rejected shouldn't be, like "Ask Mr. Owl" last week, that would have gotten first and sold out by 9am).

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer
iaremoron wrote:cool design, but i'm pretty sure woot won't print glow in the dark for derby entries.

I'm wondering if the fact that the rejectionator passed this by is a silent condoning of glow-in-the-dark ink for derbies?!

brownsquirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brownsquirrel
Re: make your own luck

NICE DESIGN! I'm hoping for a 1st place derby win!! Great job!!

Side DBH users: DBH 10% OFF CODE DT02SW

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 12 Private Messages fleamarketadict
AdderXYU wrote:If you believe in capitalism as being right, then you deserve this.

*snip*

There's what you keep forgetting Adder....woot is a capitalistic venture. At it's base woot exsists to make money, not to sell good designs.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Travest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Travest

Embarrassing as it may be, i am unsure as to what the monster next to the slime is. Could someone fill in the blank for me?
Order: Beholder, Owlbear, Mindflayer, DQ slime, ???, Cyclops, Zombie
500 exp for whoever can help!

brownsquirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brownsquirrel
Re: My Lucky Day

Interesting design. However I'm not sure that godzilla and the other background items tie in to the luck them. Maybe if he found something other than a "penny" in that mess. I'm not sure.. still thinking on it.

DBH 10% OFF CODE DT02SW

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Luckier Than Ever!

Woot should just take this design out of the derby and print it. It is too good for this derby! Maybe if enough of us contact them they will listen.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

clockcycle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockcycle
Re: Lucky Pup

Nice work.

Btw, where do all these critics come from and are they actually reading what they post? Art is in the eye of the beholder. Size, proportion, realistic, shading?? humm..

Personally it looks to me that the pup is sad that the star has fallen away from it's friends. And perhaps it's not so lucky for the star.

clockcycle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockcycle
Re: Celtic Clover

Looks great on the green shirt too. I'd wear it for St. Patty's.

Hektikshok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hektikshok

Why don't we just quit trying and let the same 7 people just make shirts for woot?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Ghaleon256 wrote:Well I voted... though I just had surgery on my scrotum so this one hits home ^^;

Oh man, I am sorry for your pain and suffering! Hope you have a speedy recovery and all is well .

bassanimation

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40155]Lucky Cat's

Im sad to see this one not doing better, guys. Its really a cute take on the east vs west lucky (or unlucky) cats. Great collab, your styles mesh extremely well! I sprinkle golden dust on maneki neko-kun!!!

paigeg

Hektikshok wrote:Why don't we just quit trying and let the same 7 people just make shirts for woot?

That would then be Cafe Press.

Chickeninawhat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chickeninawhat
Travest wrote:Embarrassing as it may be, i am unsure as to what the monster next to the slime is. Could someone fill in the blank for me?
Order: Beholder, Owlbear, Mindflayer, DQ slime, ???, Cyclops, Zombie
500 exp for whoever can help!

Skeleton soldier maybe? Looks to me like a helmet on a skull.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
xazothia wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about it, he probably sent in the version 2 as his print-ready file and woot doesn't care that it's not what people voted for

I'm pretty sure that would be the most infuriating middle finger he could give us. If Woot lets that happen, I will conclude that they have no heart or soul.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
AdderXYU wrote:
Because capitalism doesn't work. If it did, we'd never have gotten into our financial crisis.

Not commenting any anything else you said, just this. Capitalism does work, it's corporate greed and a few individuals that ruin it. "We" didn't get ourself into this financial situation, "they" did. Democracy also works, when you are on the losing side, of coarse you are going to feel that it doesn't or feel cheated. That doesn't mean one vote is more right than another, no matter what the opinion is.

bassanimation

mikenytola wrote:Not commenting any anything else you said, just this. Capitalism does work, it's corporate greed and a few individuals that ruin it. "We" didn't get ourself into this financial situation, "they" did. Democracy also works, when you are on the losing side, of coarse you are going to feel that it doesn't or feel cheated. That doesn't mean one vote is more right than another, no matter what the opinion is.

Quality post.

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
CapSea wrote:While I don't think that's how it works, that's actually still not true. The anchor doesn't have the line in it. While the line is from the rope, which is a different "item," if you think of the art in terms of a single layer, moving the anchor out from behind the rope has thus changed the anchor, and therefore it doesn't match.

Or, to put it another way, imagine you took black construction paper and cut out a square, then pasted the square on the white piece of paper and xeroxed it. Even though the original document was two pieces of paper (the black square and the white square), the new document is one sheet of paper with a black square in the middle.

If you then show me a plain white piece of paper and tell me that it is the same piece of paper as the xeroxed piece of paper, but you removed the black square, you'd clearly be wrong.

I'll be here all week providing complicated responses to what should be simple explanations. You're welcome.

Because there isn't anything going on at the moment, I'll provide a long-winded reply to a complicated response to a simple explanation.

I still don't see it being a horrible, awful offense, although I do appreciate the input. Because I have no real talent, most of my designs consist of many discreet little elements. The rope is one element, the arrow is another, and the anvil is a third. To get the interesting bits (which are clearly interesting only to me) in the preview, I changed the position of the elements, without actually altering the submitted design in any other way.

To use your example, if I'm only allowed to show someone the corner of the paper, then I'm going to move that square to the corner that I can show them, and change it to a jaunty angle to attract their attention. If I can then show them a copy of what the whole thing would look like, I'll show them the xerox, and then, if I win, I'll give them the real thing.

Although at this point the submission done in MS Paint where the preview doesn't match and there are like 12 colors is beating me, so maybe it would be better if Woot put me out of my misery.

Or maybe I'm just bitter. Either way, I'm interested to see what people have to say about it.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: my lucky shirt

just a quick one.

better late than never, right?

bassanimation

Re: my lucky shirt

I dont know how you do this, but it's really cool .

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
artulo wrote:better late than never, right?

Right! GMV.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Clover Field

I missed this one the first time around... I'm a dork and love Cloverfield, made my day... I want it to have more votes!