abnerr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abnerr

Now, do you fold the shirt along the indicated lines with the person in it or must they be extracted first?

Also, if the person in the shirt is female, there are a couple extra bump outs to deal with.

Then there is the obligitory question, "will this work with a mac?"

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake

If you're sick of brains, you can always take origami lessons from Fletcher

Hi people =þ

hippojack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hippojack

CNN has just won the rights to broadcast the World Origami Championships.
Unfortunately it's only available on paper view.

chefbooyadee

quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee
hippojack wrote:CNN has just won the rights to broadcast the World Origami Championships.

I approve of this message.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Does this GLOW IN THE DARK?! :-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

BetterThanTheRest

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BetterThanTheRest

I loved the concept... then I looked at the actual pictures <--- disappointed.

Odds are, I probably already bought today's Shirt Woot... hahaha. I <3 Threadless :D If you need discounts for TL, just PM me! I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADLESS, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, I DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. I JUST LIKE GOOD LOOKING DESIGNER SHIRTS AND I LIKE PAYING GOOD PRICES !!!

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus

Ironically, step 5 is eerily similar to how I fold my t-shirts.

AZLynx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AZLynx
yeawuteva wrote:speaking of origami- did you know paper regardless of size and thickness- can't be folded in 1/2 more than seven times?

Actually, a young lady figured out how to do 12 times a few years ago. See link
http://www.pomonahistorical.org/12times.htm

=^..^=

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
bprusk wrote:Whenever I try to make one of these, I end up with "Tumbleweed."

Funny!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
chicken32678 wrote:I actually like this shirt,but I actually CAN do origami...will it send the wrong idea if I wore this shirt?!

no.. it will just show off your bad ass origami skills to all the paper haters out there!

josterbur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josterbur

Reminds me of a scene from Liar Liar.

deadmongoose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages deadmongoose
animuson wrote:Someone got lazy and just rotated the bottom shapes 90 degrees each time. Don't think I didn't notice!

The 3rd one is actually flipped and rotated. So, while lazy, not quite as lazy as you point out.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Wasn't there a derby entry a couple months back almost exactly like this?

Going to do my research now.

Prepare to get the "Wagging Finger of Shame" if it's too similar.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

Jasujo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jasujo

I bought this shirt for my husband. He'll love it. haha

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest

I think i need to learn origami.....but not for 10 bucks!!!!

Nice shirt though!!!!!

@crowsnest531

Neotacha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha
hippojack wrote:CNN has just won the rights to broadcast the World Origami Championships.

Bad, hippojack! Bad! So sit on the naughty step and contemplate your sins!

(Ok, I laughed.)

I love this shirt. I've even considered using simple origami to try to teach my students basic listening skills, but I'm afraid that I'll end up with exactly these results!

genericsmith

genericsmith wrote:Wasn't there a derby entry a couple months back almost exactly like this?

Going to do my research now.

Prepare to get the "Wagging Finger of Shame" if it's too similar.

Grrr... Can't find it. I know it's there somewhere.

For now you get the "Raised Eyebrow of Suspicion"

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I prefer to use dollar bills for Origami. If it goes wrong I can just go buy a donut instead.

Other people are very good at this though. And then... there's Mike Jittlov.

genericsmith

genericsmith wrote:Grrr... Can't find it. I know it's there somewhere.

This is what I was thinking of A Beginner's Guide to Origami

I guess it's not THAT similar

bongofett

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bongofett

Looks great, but he should have also included instructions how to make an origami rock.

Barrel of Cowpokes | Barrel of Cowpokes |
Random Crap Screaming Mini Monkey Ion Audio Turntable Digital Flip Ultra Camcorder

edkat873

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edkat873

This would have been much more profound if the crumpled up paper had represented the brain only. I would dig that.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Bishop282 wrote:Visit this site, http://origamiboulder.com/, and complement your T-shirt.

Good grief - that site is like a train wreck! I can't look away until I've read every "dumb-dumb" letter...

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
genericsmith wrote:Grrr... Can't find it. I know it's there somewhere.

How about this?

You should have emailed me for the file dude! Would have saved you even more time than rotating the bottom bit did. :D

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker

by the same artist from over at Threadless. sadly, it's sold out:

secretlyrobots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages secretlyrobots
jewelwing wrote:How about this?

You should have emailed me for the file dude! Would have saved you even more time than rotating the bottom bit did. :D

Hey Jewelwing, I see what you're talking about with the similarity. I submitted this concept to Threadless about 2 and a half years ago (http://www.threadless.com/submission/131840/Basic_Origami/showmore,designs) so I think it's just a case of two people having the same idea.

Thanks to everyone for the positive thoughts, always so cool to see my shirts on Woot and I love you all!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Bishop282 wrote:Visit this site, http://origamiboulder.com/, and complement your T-shirt.

rofl!
I <3 this.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

m3talcore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages m3talcore
animuson wrote:Someone got lazy and just rotated the bottom shapes 90 degrees each time. Don't think I didn't notice!

Not so; Each one was rotated 90 degrees and flipped. The abstract sculpture was even rotated to an odd angle; it is as if it is peering into the dark depths of my soul. Anyway, you're just jealous of his artistic talent.

malachus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malachus

I am just so happy that it's an origami related shirt. Plus it's not green!

I hate looking at derby candidates because there always seems to be an origami shirt in the top 10, but not in the top 3.

PaperCreep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaperCreep
Xihix wrote:Only quitters will buy this shirt.

Not so. I've been doing origami since 1959.

malachus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malachus
genericsmith wrote:This is what I was thinking of A Beginner's Guide to Origami

I guess it's not THAT similar

Since this shirt looks like actual diagrams, and the other doesn't, I would say that they are only somewhat similar in concept. The execution of this one is much better, IMHO. I have been doing origami for 27 years. I ordered this shirt; I would not have ordered the other.

genericsmith

malachus wrote:Since this shirt looks like actual diagrams, and the other doesn't, I would say that they are only somewhat similar in concept. The execution of this one is much better, IMHO. I have been doing origami for 27 years. I ordered this shirt; I would not have ordered the other.

That's why I put "I guess they're not THAT similar"

I couldn't exactly remember the derby entry... only that they were similar.. I decided no "wagging finger of shame" was necessary.

I do like this shirt... I can relate to the inablity to do any origami (except ninja stars)

I'll have to pass though.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
secretlyrobots wrote:I submitted this concept to Threadless about 2 and a half years ago (http://www.threadless.com/submission/131840/Basic_Origami/showmore,designs) so I think it's just a case of two people having the same idea.

Guess yours is older, you win. Wish I would have known. I'd have asked you for the file when I was making mine! Surprising that no one said anything during the derby.

I'm glad to know the idea has already been to Threadless tho. My version was on my list of things to rework and sub there, but I guess now I can just take a nap instead.

laurien

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurien

LMAO! I love it! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today!