LenCar25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenCar25
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

not gonna buy it, but want you to win. cause this is your derby. you should enter more than 1 shirt.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Consumed by Music II
hl474 wrote:Definitely like this color scheme better. GMV

Oh good, so glad you like it! Thanks for your suggestions.

Stellardig wrote:I like the blue better. Great work!

Great, thanks Stellardig!

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49

Be gentle y'all...this is my very first woot shirt entry. Feedback and advice are greatly appreciated. (I know if I ever get serious about this, I need to upgrade my software - working on Photoshop 5 still!)

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
HoneyBadger wrote:If you notice the right side (depression) has black birds (crows?) which might repressent death, sadness, fear.

I actually didn't notice the birds until you pointed them out. and then I still had to look hard to find them.

SubBass49

Re: Taco Jesus

+1 for the proper skin tone. Jesus was never a pasty white guy with blonde hair!

7mizu8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 7mizu8
cakeninjak wrote:You GMV anyway just from the image, but the story in your post REALLY sold me on this shirt. Kudos!

agreed

msiegy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msiegy

GMV, would definitely buy this.

Lenne819

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lenne819

*gasp* This. Is. AMAZING!!! If it wins I will buy it immediately!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: The Belfry

I'm not sure woot can print this as is. Looks kinda gradienty. I don't think the print would come out that well anyway because it is so dark. Cool concept, though, and I like the atmosphere. Even if you don't go for the funny the bats in the belfry idea works on its own. I think you can do even more with negative space here to frame the composition. And maybe a little less copy/paste.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Railroad Villain MADNESSSSS

Where's the dynamite on the drawing with the girl, every vaudevillian villain needs dynamite maybe a black powder keg too for good measure!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Stellardig wrote:Great job on the inkblot! It look like a cat or two birds. Nicely done!

I see two fat men holding hands and dancing in circles with their other hands in the air Now you can never unsee it MWAHAHA

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Even if one likes this design, look at the damn shirt comp. It looks like a bruise-colored blob. One can like the image in general and acknowledge that, as is, it's not going to make for a wearable design.

SubBass49

Re: Like a Fox Affiliate

Too much crazy!!!

Shikatanai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shikatanai
Re: Mad Hatter's Morning Brew v2

Neat idea, but I wouldn't wear it because of the placement. You mentioned that you're working on it, which is good, so I won't beat you up on that one.

In terms of constructive feedback, have you considered having steam curl back from where it was cut off? As it is, I didn't really "get" it until I read your comment.

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
Re: Constant Companion

Creepy. In all the good ways. GMV

ya2sabes

Re: Abducted for Life

Definitely a Watchmen feel on this: love it. GMV

ya2sabes

Re: Abducted for Life

Definitely a Watchmen feel on this: love it. GMV

myeroshalmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myeroshalmi

idno where this went but im really upset its gone

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Stellardig wrote:Yeah! Maybe on a navy blue would look good. Other then that it's good. Great job!

I dunno, I think the shirt color contributes to the sunset feel... and how as soon as it's full dark, those hills are gonna eat that pore lil' house. Not sure it would pop like that on navy. It's more suspenseful this way!

zevasocleva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zevasocleva
Re: Mad Cheshire

I think it would rock more if it was a glow in the dark.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

This is my first shirt to feature heavy use of halftones. I initially planned only to do the stars and the moon, but after I did them I realized the bat and the hatter needed halftones too. The halftones really let me stretch my 6 colors. I'm still learning how to get the best results, but I'm pretty happy with how this design came together.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

Lagbert

Stellardig: Thanks! Glad you like it.

Shikatanai: Good idea on the steam. I may have to try doing a version three after I recover from my Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat design.

Here is a new version of the mockup with the cup pushed as far up the shirt as possible.

Here is an overlay showing how much the position changed between the original posted mockup and the new revised mockup

I hope that enough of a change for most people, otherwise a rework is in order.

Lagbert

paigeg wrote:Mmmmm, but why are their heads empty?

Maybe their brains are in their butts. Their optic nerves go down below the fluid level, which at a minimum is waste high.

standard888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages standard888
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

Yeah, it's cool, but what does this have to do with madness?

Lagbert

This is my first shirt to feature heavy use of halftones. I initially planned only to do the stars and the moon, but after I did them I realized the bat and the hatter needed halftones too. The halftones really let me stretch my 6 colors. I'm still learning how to get the best results, but I'm pretty happy with how this design came together.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

iggzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iggzy
SubBass49 wrote:Too much crazy!!!

I just felt it had to be done

Lagbert

The mad hatter contemplates the stars and the moon held aloft by a bat.

This is version 2 of this design. I changed some of the halftones to improve the visual appearance of the shirt.

Here is a side by side comparison. The new halftones are on the left.

Any comments or suggestions?

bjoernb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjoernb
Re: One Flew East, One Flew West...

I love this shirt.
Great job.

DarkestKnight27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkestKnight27
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

LOVE IT! Would definitely buy it if it came into production!

GNitro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro

Nice design Ramy. I really like how it steps away from the cuter material you tend to design (which I enjoy as well). Always nice to see you change things up and give us something different.

spentfromnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

Glen Beck is def crazy, but I think this will get rejected (celebrity likeness, gradients, more than 6 colours).

spentfromnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

SF Ironsides from the waffleiron

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SubBass49 wrote:Be gentle y'all...this is my very first woot shirt entry. Feedback and advice are greatly appreciated. (I know if I ever get serious about this, I need to upgrade my software - working on Photoshop 5 still!)

I barely beat you out, using Photoshop 6! This is great - a terrific first sub! I particularly like that you could have just gone for the opaque skull as-is, but you added the larger, faded version as kindof a frame. Very nice! GMV

loveengrey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

You had a design like this on your website if I recall. Loved it there and I still love it here.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Ghost Ship Dream

Nobody does ships like you! You must live right next to a harbor!
Beautiful!!!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: Captain Ahab

MadamAtom wrote:Oh, neat! The subject really suits your wood-block-y style. GMV.

Thankyou Madam A!

SnowQueenVT

tjost wrote:This is the best piece you've done by far and your style lends itself well to the way the waves appear. Great Job!

Thankyou tjost! I always tell you you inspire me and I thought of you often while working on this. The pills on your happy shirt are priceless!

SnowQueenVT

streetwalkincheetah wrote:Very nice, as usual. Ahab should team up with the motley crew from last week. Together they'd be unstoppable. After conquering the white whale, they could take on white lion, white snake, great white, white zombie, white stripes (that one should be easy). The possibilities are endless.

Your idea is happier than what is about to happen in this illustration! In the book, Ahab throws the harpoon which has become wrapped around his leg, he gets hauled overboard and endlessly strapprd to the white whale forever....BUt if the Motley crue ship were closeby they could save him, then give him a new obsession....rockn roll!

SnowQueenVT

kylemittskus wrote:Glad someone did a Moby not Jane shirt. I don't like the placement though...

Thankyou Kyle! I was wondering if you see this or anyone else...what is a "dealswootrep" Kyle you have so many what is that, what is your method besides awesomeness?

SnowQueenVT

Spiritgreen wrote:Exactly what tjost said, this is your best design so far! The colors and the overall layout are very well controlled, and it's a great subject for this derby.

Good luck! GMV.

Spiritgreen thankyou very much, I have to agree that this is my best effort yet. I woke up Friday at 6 or 7 am and worked straight through the day and night falling into bed at 5:30 saturday morning...it was 2 pots of coffee and a takeout grinder that kept my energy up! It must have been about 20 hours of straight work to finish it.