paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SnowQueenVT wrote:Oh I like the colors on this one, very wearable!

SnowQueen, I think I love you. You are so supportive - thanks!

kolorblindd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolorblindd
Lagbert wrote:What a great concept and combination of Alice in Wonderland characters! Got my vote!

Minor quibble: I'm color blind, so at a quick glance that shade of neon green is awfully close to urine yellow.

Love the design, but I'm on the same boat as Lagbert.

Color blind as well, looks like he's pourin pee.

which....I guess adds to the madness! :P

still has my vote. Big Alice fan.

Archon25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Archon25
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

Awww. Rejected. Hopefully this will make it into another derby, because it's definitely top 3 material.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: College Madness

While the shirt does illustrate a form of madness, it is too specific to generate a lot of votes and even then, not a lot of shirt sales. Since woot prints children's shirts as well as those for adults and pretend adults, this may not be what they are looking for.

mjc613

Re: The Hills Are Alive

I think the placement (on women's shirts) will be a bigger problem than the color.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
paigeg wrote:NO. Just. NO.

Totally agree. This is just wrong.

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
kenney9226 wrote:Yes! INDEED THIS IS MY WEEK TO HOST THE ANGRY COMMENTS ABOUT ARTISTRY AND SELF WORTH! I AM TRULY LIVING THE SHIRT WOOT DERBY DREAM!

Thanks again for all the support! How totally fitting that this week's theme is "Madness," as I apparently struck a chord with this one.

I truly appreciate your kind words and affirmation. Have a super day out there today, folks!!

too bad you got rejected...looks like you did madness too well ; )

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
paigeg wrote:The frickin detail here is unworthy of a tee shirt. Srsly, girl, you have passed your mark. I don't want to know why "Madness" brought out your best, but... GMV Plus a gazillion!

Paige thanks so much! Could be because my Dad (now retired ) was a psychologist and a minister so I have a lot of interest in the subject matter.(I promise, I am not crazy!) I really like your "she seemed so nice" design.I thought of doing 3 faces of Eve, your design is the closest in the derby to that concept (and I really like it!).

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

MarzipanBoots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarzipanBoots
Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods

YES PLEASE!

These colors are like madness candies for my eyeballs.

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods

JesseBYAH wrote:You know, I think a better thumbnail would get you more attention. I was interested in the thumbnail because i wanted to see the crazy lady, haha... but if you zoom out a little and keep the witches' face in there, you can also include some of the house and the trees- where the greatest (and most impressive) detail is. Just a thought =) I really think it would help!

Hi Jesse, You know I have failed to take your thumbnail advice in the past and regretted it(!)...still, I did look at a larger view and I decided that I wanted people to be surprised when (If!) they clicked on it. My other reasoning , I spent a while with different versions of the witches face , I wanted her to look crazy, but not so scary that my 3 year old daughter runs out of the room scared! (Especially since at this point in the story the children, grateful for her help decide to trust her).

...But, I wanted to be sure people saw her craziness, thats why the closeup of her face.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
SnowQueenVT wrote:

...But, I wanted to be sure people saw her as craziness, thats why the closeup of her face.

The face was intriguing to me. I liked the style a lot and was pleasantly surprised to see what lay behind the link.

marzipanapple

Aww, I'm sorry Spirit. You'll make it again in the future. Don't let this get you down. Just take note and move forward.

marzipanapple

Re: Captain Ahab

My good lady, you have such lovely details in your work and it makes me smile every time I see and entry from you. I hope to own one of your designs in the future. <3

SnowQueenVT

Re: Oh gristle

marzipanapple wrote:The face was intriguing to me. I liked the style a lot and was pleasantly surprised to see what lay behind the link.

Re The lady who lives on the woods

Thanks you two! (one?) Which one are you? I'm going crazy! No I'm not!

Just kidding!! I love the little girls on your shirt and the wolfy!
Thanks for the 2 nice comments you 2,(or is it just one?) When I saw your names spliced together like that , I hoped!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Captain Ahab

marzipanapple wrote:My good lady, you have such lovely details in your work and it makes me smile every time I see and entry from you. I hope to own one of your designs in the future. <3

Thanks so much Marzipanapple! You know I loved ya the day I saw your blog and got a chance to "visit" your private world that you are sweet enough to share with everyone else! Thanks sweetie.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: The Madness Within

Ought to be in the fog...come on now people...

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
paigeg wrote:LOL! If you're colorblind, how do you know what urine yellow is??? I'm just sayin'. And laughing - hard.

You know, color blind people have to pee sometimes too...

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
paigeg wrote:LOL! If you're colorblind, how do you know what urine yellow is??? I'm just sayin'. And laughing - hard.

The most common form of color blindness (the one I have) makes it hard to distinguish between certain shades - this neon green just unfortunately happens to be in one of my color confusion zones.

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
Re: Crazy Pills

Reminds me of this one.

marzipanapple

SnowQueenVT wrote:Re The lady who lives on the woods

Thanks you two! (one?) Which one are you? I'm going crazy! No I'm not!

Just kidding!! I love the little girls on your shirt and the wolfy!
Thanks for the 2 nice comments you 2,(or is it just one?) When I saw your names spliced together like that , I hoped!

Haha, sorry. It was me commenting both times on your shirt. I forgot to logout of that name. But yeah, Boots and I got together and made that name for any future collabs.

mjc613

Re: Madness Resub

I don't see the theme except in the title

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
Re: Pinkerton

With the last name Pickering... I get Pinkerton all the damn time, fakon I know. So that got me in but the shirt is great to boot. GMV

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Consumed by Music II

Very cool concept Jasneko! I get a stronger sense of the whole "madness" idea with characters and events from the past, so this one hits a great note with me. Very nice and bold colors as usual.

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy

waffles? they're fine? Rejected? Off-topic? Thanks for saving me some money, Woot.

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot

Rejected because: Off topic, gradients??????

Sorry Spiritgreen,
Perhaps they did not bother to read your first post - you did clearly say: (Note to Woot: The bat flames are a halftone effect.)

Also, I am not sure why this is "off topic" and something like "The Clockmaker" is not....

Too bad, this shirt IS a great design, that IS on topic, and per your statement and the provided closeup, uses halftones, NOT gradients.

I respectfully hope woot explains the true reason for this rejection.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
Re: The Madness of it All

Love the placement!

jalt99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalt99
Re: Going Bananas

lol nice!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
ramyb wrote:The idea I had was to represent the ups and downs of madness (essentially mania and depression) in a way that shows them intertwined, where it's difficult to make out where one ends and the other starts. Hope you enjoy the concept and the artwork

I really love it when you make more 'artsy' designs - you have so much talent, it saddens me to see it wasted on the cutesy stuff.

This one GMV and I would buy it, too. Keep on with the true beauty, ramyb!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fairnymph

Re: The Madness of it All

The composition, colours, placement and style of this shirt all really appeal to me. However, I don't really 'get' what's going on in the lower part of the design, below the character's feet, and that sort of bothers me - any explanation as to what that's meant to convey?

fairnymph

Re: Abducted for Life

Is this a dark purplish ink?

fairnymph

Re: Untitled Madness

I HATE skulls, and TeeFury has made me hate them even more...but I LOVE this shirt. Which says a tremendous amount.

fairnymph

Re: Pinkerton

I have no idea at all what this references, but I LOVE THE COLOURS! MORE COLOURS LIKE THIS PLEASE, ARTISTS!

And the art is good, as always with cmdixon. GMV.

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: Pucker gets all Zenyatta Mondatta

Rejected: Very confusing shirt mock up. I can't tell what's going on here.

I thought it would be rejected for the Chinese text behind all the lips (producing the voices?) which is clearly against the rules....madness is confusion, and although the design is not to my personal liking, I "get it".

The rest of the ranting is unfortunate- ...shirt.woot derby is a popularity contest...and if someone can twit, IM, post to FB or mass email their friends, family and fans to vote for a shirt design sight unseen, those friends, family and fans will probably buy that shirt if it prints. We all see this every Friday when some designs are getting 30 - 50 votes within minutes of the shirt posting...it is not an art contest, it is retail business.

jalt99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalt99
Re: inksane in the mouse brain

lol crazy mouse nice work.

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
fairnymph wrote:I really love it when you make more 'artsy' designs - you have so much talent, it saddens me to see it wasted on the cutesy stuff.

This one GMV and I would buy it, too. Keep on with the true beauty, ramyb!

i am willing ramyb has two talents. he can color attractively, and he knows what will sell best. but time after time, when he travels outside his comfort zone of nauseously cute designs and formless swirly halftones, you can start to see hot little talent he actually has. he cannot draw proper anatomy to save his life, just look at his win from the luck derby and the "chest hands" on the dinosaur. he gets lemon juice in the eye at perspective, just look at his rocket turtle win. he gets lemon juice in the eye at making work expressive, especially faces. if you take a design like this, you can break it down into alot of pre-designed elements; the skulls, the butterfly from the previous derby, the blond woman that probably came from tracing a stock photo, the birds which are most likely stock vectors, the splatter that even a gorilla can create, and the vague outline of a man. none of that requires any talent. and none of it actually displays any talent.

keep in mind that i am willing to admit he has a great talent in coloring. he has come a long way from just overusing the dodge and burn tools. but please dont tell me that this design shows a talent in illustration. it just doesnt.

the talent he doesnt show so obviously is his great ability to look at a contest or system and figure out how to cheat and manipulate it for maximum monetary gain for himself. that and looking like a victim to evoke empathy.

and if i am wrong about that, then he definitely has a talent to herd a massive amounts of mindless voters garnered from other sites to vote up his designs.

so dont call me a hater, im willing to give credit where it is due

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
Re: Lunacy

Thank you all so much!
I'm glad you enjoy the design - I'm rather surprised that it seems to be continuing to climb.
Fingers crossed!

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

I had to strain my eyes to see what was going on in this shirt.

repoman86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages repoman86

Dang. It's a shame to see this at the bottom of the list with the other rejects. You have a great style, and though I probably wouldn't have purchased the shirt, I appreciate the work put in to it as well as the obscure vintage vampire reference. I disagree with Woot 110% about why it was rejected, but I think we can all agree we want to keep seeing more from you!

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
fairnymph wrote:Is this a dark purplish ink?

Yes it is. The color in RGB is R-60 G-0 B-60

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: inksane in the mouse brain

I just came back to stare at this one some more before bed...