gre9del

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gre9del
tjost wrote:I don't see any correlation at all, those are clearly gel caps and mine are tablets

clean design, love it!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

Man....I am so sorry! I loved it!
Keep your chin up and dont let it get 2 ya.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Madly in Love

Hi Stellardig, I know your inkblot submission is getting the most votes, and it deserves the votes (I see a skull!!) but I am glad you did this one !, someone needed to do madly in love, (it was on my list of ideas to do) and this is a completely abstract and deep portrayal, love the two people and the relationship their closeness implies. Plus it's pretty!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

rita61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rita61
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

LOVE IT!!! To me it looks more like the opposite of insanity though. I like to think of it more as Spring cleaning the brain. If only it was that easy to get rid of the ghosts that plague us!

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods (resub)

(RE snowqueenvt resubmits new thumbnail on Jessebyah's advice)

JesseBYAH wrote:HAHA "which is always right" thanks hun =) I dont know if my advice is ALWAYS right but I think it's definitely helping this time! You're already getting more attention this morning, which is great =)

I must say again, the trees are just fantastic. The kids' eyes are also really great, they have that "OHMYGOSH CANDY!" shine to them, hahaha. Good luck SnowQueen! You have two really awesome entries this week!

Thanks for the great advice Jesse, my other thumbnail was a little hard to look at, people want their eyes to be pleased you know?
And I was sort of on the fence about it myself. You saved the day!

SnowQueenVT

Stellardig wrote:Sweet and Madness! I like it, great job on the colors. GMV

Thankyou Stellardig ! I love both of your designs too , both have simple colors and strong design elements, I can see that inkblot being very appealing to at least 3 generations of people, my favorite of yours is the madly in love though because I love the subject matter and the paint splotches look neat , love paint splotches on a tshirt that aren't put there accidentally ( by me ?) but rather are quite intentional...very nice.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: Madness Unleashed REDUX

I'm surprised this doesnt have more votes! This is really fantastic! please keep submitting in derbies, I dig your style =)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Blood text

I love this. Put it on a template and use a shirt color that woot can print on.

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
JesseBYAH wrote:I like this =) It's a funny entry but I think this is another case where the thumbnail is doing you more harm than good. I know that you don't want to give too much away with the thumbnail but the fishes' face is the best part, I think part of it should be in the thumbnail.
Either way, nice entry =) made me chuckle, hehe

Thanks JesseByah! I will keep the thumbnail thing in mind next time. I really appreciate the feedback!

Loco Luminescence

philz0r11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philz0r11

Im a pharmacist, definitely in for one.

Well done!

drakeji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakeji
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

If this shirt prints, it's not going to look like anything. There's not enough contrast between the design and the shirt color.

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: Shadow Madness

cute!!!!

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
mirlyn wrote:I think this is self explanatory without the thought/speech bubble and I think the bubble takes away from it. I like the concept but couldn't wear it with that bubble sorry.

i agree i like it without the speech bubble, but you gmv anyway.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Crazy Pills

Hi Tjost! I wanted to make sure my comments made it onto your thread
so please excuse me if you have heard this already(I think I commented about you on my own thread).

I love your clean and strong style, you are the King of clean! Your pill characters are great, they definately say crazy! My favorite is the one making the crazy gesture with his finger, he makes the whole design for me...and the colors of the bottle are perfect ! Anyone who wants to succeed in this business should study your technique and try to learn from it...(not copy!.. just learn.)

Lamuril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lamuril

Kudos to those standing up for ramyb when she/he (not sure of gender) did an awesome job on this shirt. When did woot become an anti-artist and not an anti-art website? How disappointing. This is a great shirt and honestly I like it WAY more than Drakxxx's My Little Box that looks like Alice from Alice in Wonderland (and excuse me, but after seeing the new Tim Burton version of the movie I think I've had enough Alice and her horrible character). Drak has his own theme of dark and a line drawing effect whereas ramyb has a more I dunno cell-shaded almost appearance and moreso than not a cutesy theme for her/his shirts.

Everyone always jumps to point out flaws with ramy's shirts when I notice Drak (sorry to pick on one artist, I just know he is popular so I'm using him as an example) has some flaws in his designs as well - just like everyone does. It's a stretch with some of the things that people nitpick with ramy's designs, too. It's annoying.

Thank you ramy for a great design. You've definitely GMV for a job well done. I can't find anything wrong with the shirt and I believe it's beautiful. Keep drawing and ignore all the anti-ramy people out there. Good artwork is appreciated, even when it doesn't win.

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

There are a lot of details here, and maybe its just my monitor, but I think this would be better on a lighter shirt. Everything blends into the black too much.

PyroFox115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PyroFox115

Lamuril

Re: inksane in the mouse brain

HAHAHA! I love that the image the doc mouse is holding is on a napkin. Very creative!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Pinkerton

I *might* just have to buy this one. Robots, business suits, tight ropes and hot pink are too much for me to pass up.

Lamuril

jjhatch wrote:Never played Guild Wars, but I'm getting a WoW vibe from this. There's an armor set for the shaman that looks similar to this. At least, I think it's the shaman set...

But anyhow, excellent design.

Yeah, I'm getting an EverQuest vibe from it actually haha. A lot of the epic weapons would have effects like leaves or skulls or some sort of thing floating around a blade like the skulls in this falling from the scythe.

Very cool design!

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
SnowQueenVT wrote:Thanks for the great advice Jesse, my other thumbnail was a little hard to look at, people want their eyes to be pleased you know?
And I was sort of on the fence about it myself. You saved the day!

AND NOW YOU'RE IN THE HOTNESS! YAY!

cvankleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvankleek

Major bummer. Loved this shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
justzo wrote:This is such a brilliant design. It makes me smile and bounce my head in time to the music. Oh wait, no more music - I must be mad!

Seriously, I wish more people had paid attention here. This is a great shirt and deserves far more recognition than it has received. Hope to see it at another site soon.

Hey thanks.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Nutbots

Very cool.

SnowQueenVT

(RE snowqueenvt is glad she took Jessebyah's advice on the thumbnail!)

JesseBYAH wrote:AND NOW YOU'RE IN THE HOTNESS! YAY!

Listen everyone...always take Jesse's advice or you will rue the day,YOU"LL RUE IT!

Jessebyah=always RIGHT!! So .....as Spock said to Mcoy in that star trek movie before he is stuck dying in the warp core..."Remember!"

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

What!? No!

missfantasia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missfantasia
Re: The Clockmaker

I really hope desperately that this wins.
This is by far my favorite shirt, in close second, the OTHER Drakxxx input, My little box.

=) Great job!!!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Spiritgreen wrote:Thank you karencov, Draxxx and tgentry!

I'm disappointed of course but the worst thing is I don't know what lesson to take from this, it seems odd that I've been singled out for rejection.

Even the bats on the right edge have a chunky halftone:

Ah well, back to dancing for nickels in the subway.

Bummer dude. You did a great job on this, I can see the off topic and you basically got the ban hammer because your in the fog and probably doing well (so keep this guy around for a halloween derby) the gradients I can also see. Yes while there have been many gradients being tossed around if I had to make a call on this it'd be because the halftone pattern you use doesn't alternate in consistency from left to right all along the length from top to bottom (does that make since).

In other pieces with fine halftones they group up in blobs or follow contours etc. and don't cover such large areas. Because of that you have a lot more potential with printing problems. You stand a good chance of having a lot of the dots get blown out or having major moire (dot pattern interferance) issues which are more noticable because of the large dot pattern area that doesn't have much variation (it's a smooth transition over a large area).

My advice to you and EVERYONE is keep halftones limited if you use them or make them chunky(30 lpi or less) also don't fill large areas with the same halftone or smooth transition without adding some texture or alternation or halftone values. If this doesn't make sense PM me and I'll try to explain better. Keep up the great work though!

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen
dpbowl842 wrote:Reminds me of this one.

me too, but I like this one better.

tjost

Re: Nutbots

I like this, though with Adders praise of your other piece in this derby, if he doesn't get on you for using Star Wars refs, then I'm gonna be very dissapointed in him. Good job though.

matto1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matto1985

I like this one alot. I definitely agree with the above comment that the shirt color is appropriate. Very dusky feeling.

However, I would like the design a little more if there were some sort of fading on the bottom of the hills.

vintagevinylgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vintagevinylgirl
Re: Elementary madness

I'm an elementary art teacher and I love this shirt...too cute!

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser

I have to say the design itself is much better than what Ramy usually submits. However, that's not saying much; a shape with cutesy chibi anime eyes on it is not hard to beat.
But honestly, it's an interesting concept that was not executed all that well. Sure, individual elements look okay (though unoriginal, and as someone else pointed out, probably taken from stock images). But all together, the design becomes a big shapeless mass and it's almost impossible to tell what anything is.

If this prints, I feel sorry for anybody who buys this shirt, because no one will be able to tell what it is you're wearing except for yourself. Think about it: If you're standing a few feet away from someone wearing this design, all you're going to see is a shiny blue blob on their chest. You'd have to really get close and stare down their torso in order to get an idea for what the hell is happening here.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
tgentry wrote:I understand the off-topic part of the rejection, but the gradients part is a bit strange. The comp seems to show that they are definitely halftones and are no smaller than what a lot of people are using and printing these days, possibly even larger. A nice illustration nonetheless. Best of luck in the future.

I hate to talk down on such a well-done design, but I've got to agree with tgentry here. The comment from Woot about gradients is bogus for sure, but my first thought when I saw this design was "great design, funny, but I don't see the theme."

Hopefully you'll either get an HM or be able to re-sub it to a future derby where it is more on-theme.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
SnowQueenVT wrote:The name of your design makes me hungry! As always your design is as beautiful as it is intricate, I love the colors and the little crazy dude in the middle!

Thank you, SnowQueenVT! Your waves are wonderful and I hope to buy them.

brendon27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendon27

[Mod: Please don't feed the trolls]

"Can't we all just get along? Or have we forgotten the words of the Reverend King?"

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
tacojesus wrote:the hair? How can you look at the hair with those two tasty tacos staring back at you?

You're right. Taco Jesus will save us all. Save us from those awful chain restaurant tacos being perpetrated upon our nation, our world.

tjost

Re: It Comes From Within (Resubmission)

This has my pysched for the new Clash of the Titans Did you do this in Illustrator or PS?

SnowQueenVT

Re: Mocha Sprinkle Madness

RE snowqueen says Ressamacs design makes her hungy and she likes that, chocolatey mmm!)

ressamac wrote:Thank you, SnowQueenVT! Your waves are wonderful and I hope to buy them.

(re he hopes to buy the shirt...)
Oh my! I love it when you talk dirty like that!

WeeNessy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeeNessy
Re: Abducted for Life

My interpretation of it at first was a "Dream Catcher"!
Then I saw the Bunny and then read all the great posts!

I like the Watchman vibe too
So all in all great color, super design and Wonderful Imagination!! Congrats hope you win, LOL Ps I love Ink Blots, hehheee